Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Bobnumerotres posted:

It's not high rank, it's g-rank. Man this sucks. Oh well gonna do it to get that sweet rear end sharq sword.
No, it's mostly definitely a high rank Port quest. It might be in the last set of quests, however.

Speedboat Jones posted:

What does the Rapid Fire armor skill offer? Just allow you to rapid fire more shot types than your LBG would normally have?
It increases the number of rounds that come out when you rapid fire a rapid fireable shot. For instance, if you have rapid slicing and it shot at two bullets at a time, the rapid fire skill would let you shoot three at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Potsticker posted:

Is there anything that SnS is good at? It seems like all the stabs mostly hit the same small area, with exception to the leaping strike which has good mobility but still hits the same general small zone. The damage seems pretty low as well, even after crafting up to the Devastation version.

It's explicitly designed to be the jack of all trades, master of none weapon. You get mobility and sustained and cutting damage and a block and a closing move and ability to use items because it's not really good at anything.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 30, 2013

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Just finished running Pain in the Plains for the...fourth time or so, and I got not one, but TWO diablos hardhorns! New armor, here I come!

Boco_T and Speedboat Jones, thanks for letting me know to do that hunt in particular. You guys are my heroes.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

Static Rook posted:

Be sure to get the DLC that's been released so far. Most of the quests will be out of reach, but you get 5000 resource points for farming, sending the ships out, etc. Catch a Godbug, farm'em and sell'em for some decent early $.

Resource points are easier to come by later, but that boost at the beginning helps. Also, the weapons you can craft from completing the Streaking with Bullfangos DLC quest (Lance and a Gunlance) are really good through LR stuff.

I'm using an LS right now, but I'll look into that stuff. I've downloaded the DLC quests, but where do I initiate them? Do I have to go to Tanzia?

Also, can I farm killer beetles in Free roam Moga early on? I wanna upgrade my LS.

thetrin fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 30, 2013

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

thetrin posted:

I'm using an LS right now, but I'll look into that stuff. I've downloaded the DLC quests, but where do I initiate them? Do I have to go to Tanzia?

Yes, go to the port and talk to the girl on the left at the main desk. There should be an option for download quests at the very bottom.

quote:

Also, can I farm killer beetles in Free roam Moga early on? I wanna upgrade my LS.

The earliest you can find Killer Beetles is LR Flooded Forest.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is there some Weird Old Trick to using flash and sonic bombs and having them work consistently? During my Rathalos gently caress You Fest I noticed FLash Bombs were unreliable at best, and now I'm noticing the same thing with sonic bombs and a burrowed Agnaktor. Is there something more to them besides 'throw at monster; gotcha bitch.avi'?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Ciaphas posted:

Is there some Weird Old Trick to using flash and sonic bombs and having them work consistently? During my Rathalos gently caress You Fest I noticed FLash Bombs were unreliable at best, and now I'm noticing the same thing with sonic bombs and a burrowed Agnaktor. Is there something more to them besides 'throw at monster; gotcha bitch.avi'?
Flash bombs have had their range nerfed considerably from past games, so you actually have to wait for Rathalos to come down a bit before being able to flash him. You won't be able to get it off when he's at the peak of his flight, dropping fireballs. It's best to wait in a spot where you can get him when he floats back down.

Agnaktor is kind of tricky to sonic bomb because it doesn't leave much opportunity to get hit by one. Much like Diablos, it has to be outside of rage mode for the sonic bomb to work. Additionally, you want to throw the bomb so that it explodes right after the tail goes under. As such, as soon as you see him start to burrow, stop attacking, sheathe, and ready a sonic bomb. There are also some times where Agnaktor will immediately transition from digging to an attack, giving you no opportunity to sonic bomb it. One such attack is when it starts dolphin diving out of/into the ground. There are also times where it will just burrow and instantly surface (not when raging), preventing you from getting a chance to sonic bomb.

Reginald Bathwater
Dec 19, 2009

MINE EYES CAN BUT WEEP AS THEY BEAR WITNESS TO THE MAJESTY... THE BFG 9000!
Just managed to break sub-30 minutes on Miralis. Used Rath Soul Z with the big pointy ancient lance gemmed for HGE and dragon attack+2. I think I flinched him out of the coil-thing about 8 times.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
What do Slender/Large Fragments do? They can't combine and the only other options seem to be sell/generating resources.

The Laplace Demon
Jul 23, 2009

"Oh dear! Oh dear! Heisenberg is a douche!"

Neo_Crimson posted:

What do Slender/Large Fragments do? They can't combine and the only other options seem to be sell/generating resources.

They're used for making the Artian and Artian X sets of armor.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hey. Hey, G-Rank Zinogre. Hey. Stick this Jasper up your rear end, you smarmy prick, and give me the god drat Skymerald I need! t:mad:t

Got the Zin Lance to where I need one and the bastard just refuses to let go of them. And his armor needs two of 'em? Guess what armor I'm never gonna make! Obnoxious, this is. I guess on the up side, I'll have enough Zinogre parts by the end that I can make/upgrade the rest of his stuff a bit.

G-Rank monsters dropping High Rank gems. The icon may as well be a middle finger.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Static Rook posted:

I went back and farmed a full set of Uragaan armor in the 5* quests and it wasn't much of a problem after that :yarr:

I mean it still took awhile, but after beating it I spent plenty of time in the new harvest tours looking for stuff to upgrade my weapons. There are large monsters in those now, too, so you can practice on them. Or just run away if for some reason you equipped your low level bow to try out because, hey, it's just a gathering quest, right? :cry:

Dragging this forward because I just beat p. ludroth :yayclod: I needed a few days to cool off from being all pissed about the three failed attempts cockblock. I was saving up my 10 uragaan shells to upgrade my cataclysm greatsword. But I figured gently caress it, the improvement in defense sounds lovely.
What also made a huge difference, was switching out to different weaponry. I have pretty much been running with a greatsword for the month since I bought the game and I didn't think I was going to try anything different. I hosed around with a longsword for a bit and found it immensely irritating compared to the GS. I was thinking about DS, but I wanted the auto-block talisman still... so I gave SnS a shot. I was able to whip up a lovely one from the stockpile of rathalos parts I built up in my quest to get a rathalos plate.

I loving LOVE SnS. It's the perfect melee changeup from GS. I got my dodges, my blocking, and unprecedented mobility compared to gs. Hitting faces and taller tails is a little bit of a bitch, but it's kind of a fair trade for being able to leap in, stab a monster in the rear end and run the gently caress out before it can retaliate.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
How long did it take you guys to figure out all the specific crafting stuff? I'm just on one star missions but the game has introduced so much stuff I really don't have a good grasp of much yet.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

Nigulus Rex posted:

How long did it take you guys to figure out all the specific crafting stuff? I'm just on one star missions but the game has introduced so much stuff I really don't have a good grasp of much yet.

Go to combo list in your box and see what everything needs.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

quote:

monster bone+: Quest reward for certain monsters, eg. Gobul.

I am interested in which other monsters might drop this. I've killed gobul a couple times and didn't get any so I want to try my luck somewhere else. Also I hate gobul.

vvvv ok so I'll just keep working through my 4 star quests then and hope for the best. thanks.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 30, 2013

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Awesome! posted:

I am interested in which other monsters might drop this. I've killed gobul a couple times and didn't get any so I want to try my luck somewhere else. Also I hate gobul.

Gobul's a stupid jerk who is also unfun to fight, so yes.

A bunch of village 4-5 have bone+ as possible rewards, but a bunch of guild HR3 and village high-rank quests have them as guaranteed quest rewards, too.

If you'd rather stick to low-rank, then capturing a Lagiacrus has a 20% bone+ drop chance and Fell the Lagiacrus has a 15% chance to give bone+ as part of the rewards.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Welp, it's good to know that I'll never beat the singleplayer fully because this Mark of A Hero quest is pure bullshit.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
E: ^^^ High five 'gently caress this quest' buddy.

Stygian Zinogre is my white whale. I just don't see how it's possible to solo him. I'm on a 3DS and no one I know plays the game, so I can't call in a wingman or three.

I farmed up a set specifically to fight him using his weakness instead of my Dios Dual Blades and I did far worse than I did with those and my Ludroth Z armor. He didn't even get to the point where he was limping. And, with 3 minutes left on the clock, when he ran from 2 to 4, I abandoned the quest. Whose bright idea was it to make you fight him in the Tundra, anyway? Five Hot Drinks isn't enough for the full timer.

I could try farming Dios for his rare to get my DBs fully upgraded, but that's a task so tedious and frustrating that I'm not sure it's worth it. Spent all day trying to get a Skymerald outta regular Zinogre to no avail. I don't have any hope of beating Dire Miralis anyway, but it'd be nice to at least unlock him, you know? I know I'll never even get close to beating Alatreon, but I'm happy he's unlocked and I can go butt heads with him whenever I'm feeling overly confident.

I knew what I was doing this time, I was getting in there and getting my hits in, everything but one front claw was broken... He's just got more HP than anything else I've fought, both flavors of Duramboros included, and I can't drop him fast enough. I can stay alive - that part isn't the problem now. It's damage. And not freezing to death. What should I do for him, guys? I want to be stuck against volcano-dragon, not this blowjob. :(

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

5er posted:

I loving LOVE SnS. It's the perfect melee changeup from GS. I got my dodges, my blocking, and unprecedented mobility compared to gs. Hitting faces and taller tails is a little bit of a bitch, but it's kind of a fair trade for being able to leap in, stab a monster in the rear end and run the gently caress out before it can retaliate.

I'm working on 3 different SnS sets. :cheers: Yeah, it's fun to be able to run around and slash away after having to be so precise with GS or a hammer. I just finished up the Wroggi S armor with Razor Sharp and it's a blast with the SnS since you don't have to sharpen constantly.

Still, the Grim Cat SA has been my go to weapon while I farm up the parts to upgrade everything else. Paralyzing a monster and being able to just wham away on the X button in sword mode for a while cuts a good chunk of time off of most hunts.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

ChibiSoma posted:

E: ^^^ High five 'gently caress this quest' buddy.

Stygian Zinogre is my white whale. I just don't see how it's possible to solo him. I'm on a 3DS and no one I know plays the game, so I can't call in a wingman or three.

I managed to take him down on my own with the Rathian X set (low dragon resist, but I had the kitchen buffs to compensate) and the second best Brachy GS. Ultimate mask on one of the midgets is a must, and I had a rage-focused lamp mask on the other. My fighting style was pretty much just hit and run, whenever he left himself open right after an attack I would rush in, unsheathe attack without charging, roll out, and start running around waiting for another hit.

Mega Dash Juice maxes out your stamina bar for the duration, so that might be another alternative to hot drinks if you're having issues there. Plus it gives the benefit of infinite stamina, which while only mildly handy for me, would be a huge boon to a DS user.

I think I took somewhere around 35 minutes to take him down, only charging my attacks when he was knocked over or seriously focused on The Distracting Duo. This was before I remembered to start taking bug nets to these fights, so I was spending all of the knockdown time smashing his face in. I think the big problem is that dual swords get a lot of damage from their element or slime, and if I understand how dragon blight works, neither of those are gonna happen under its effects.

Just throwing my two cents in, I'm far from a great hunter, and I don't know how much it'll help, but....yeah.

Reginald Bathwater
Dec 19, 2009

Brachy Sword and shield is amazing on the stig, just keep chopping and rolling at his back legs, hack at his head or charged back when he falls down, and be careful of his getting up from a trip into a spin. I'd advise building a set based around Narga X armour, since it gives good dragon resistance and buckets of not-dying skills. If you have enough resistance, you can't get blighted, at least for normal elements.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm working my way through soloing High Rank in the Guild quests and unlock G-Rank so I can go ahead and get a Sharpness+1 set, and also give the Kelbi Bow a shot. Though is the Ultimate Mask worth fighting Ivory Lagiacrus first before rushing to grind my face headfirst in G-Rank?

EDIT: Sounds like a good thing to have, then. Thanks!

Runa fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Apr 30, 2013

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I'm working my way through soloing High Rank in the Guild quests and unlock G-Rank so I can go ahead and get a Sharpness+1 set, and also give the Kelbi Bow a shot. Though is the Ultimate Mask worth fighting Ivory Lagiacrus first before rushing to grind my face headfirst in G-Rank?

I put it on Kayamba and haven't taken it off yet because he draws monster attention really well and he's an absolute tank when he has it on.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I took the Ultimate Mask off because Kayamba would always stand directly in front of me when I was hitting any monster and it was causing me to lose sharpness much faster. I don't know what it is about that mask because when one of the guys I play with and I did some duo stuff a little while back and one of his shakalakas had the mask on and it did the exact same thing.

Seriously stop standing in front of the guy with the big sword that is sometimes an axe.

EDIT: I rock the cat masks now. They steal so much stuff for me it's great!

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Apr 30, 2013

Reginald Bathwater
Dec 19, 2009

I go with non-bomb cat and pitfall mask. Pitfall mask is amazing, you can even cancel it if the monster wanders off.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Any tips on plesioth? I haven't had this much trouble with a monster since I tried to take on Nibbles and failed. He's too tall for me to reach any of his more stabbable bits, and in the water he's just too mobile. Anyone got a weapon suggestion at least, assuming I want to break everything?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Plesioth is a huge dick but his weapons and armor are badass. The plesioth sabers deal like 350 water damage or something, and this is in high rank.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Any tips on plesioth? I haven't had this much trouble with a monster since I tried to take on Nibbles and failed. He's too tall for me to reach any of his more stabbable bits, and in the water he's just too mobile. Anyone got a weapon suggestion at least, assuming I want to break everything?

Just gun the fucker. He's really easy to gun, you just have to dodge the water blast and shoot him while staying out of the hipcheck range.
If you really insist on melee, try greatsword, his belly is the weak spot easily reached by the unsheathe attack followed by upswing. Still, I'd always make a good gunner set just for dealing with this fucker in MHFU since he's such a jerk.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Mister Blueberry posted:

Just gun the fucker. He's really easy to gun, you just have to dodge the water blast and shoot him while staying out of the hipcheck range.
If you really insist on melee, try greatsword, his belly is the weak spot easily reached by the unsheathe attack followed by upswing. Still, I'd always make a good gunner set just for dealing with this fucker in MHFU since he's such a jerk.

Alright. I've never tried gunning before, so any advice you have on gunning plesioth, or in general, will be appreciated.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
More noweby questions incoming.

So bug farming. Do the bug spawns in the cave for carpenter bugs not respawn at all during free hunt? Or is there a trick I am missing.

Second question. Since completing my LR Wroggi set last night, I have been having way more trouble with fights than I was with my Jaggi set. It seems that if something sneezes at me, my character gets dizzy. I looked at the skills and the set has stun -7. I disregarded that at first, cause I thought those things didn't start counting until the 10/15/20 marks. Was I wrong and just a dodging demon prior to the Wroggi set, or do the skills actually affect you on some level prior to the 10/15/20 -10/-15/-20.

If the skills do have an affect prior to a tier, does that mean that the sharpening skill will still speed up sharpening even if it is at 8?

Extra. The Wroggi set has little pistols on your hips. This set is so :clint:

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Alright. I've never tried gunning before, so any advice you have on gunning plesioth, or in general, will be appreciated.

Mazereon is the best gunner in my opinion. Here's his guide to everything bowgun related.
http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=193404

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Sire Oblivion posted:

Welp, it's good to know that I'll never beat the singleplayer fully because this Mark of A Hero quest is pure bullshit.

The Alatreon that comes afterwards is more of the same crap. He deals G-rank levels of damage (although apparently just slightly less than the eventual online G-rank event alatreon) and has enough health to draw the fight out over 40 minutes. He drops HR stuff but should be treated as G-rank.

Basically, beat online G-rank and you'll be ready to beat Mark of A Hero and Alatreon, as ridiculous as that sounds.

Wyeth
Apr 19, 2012

Office Thug posted:

The Alatreon that comes afterwards is more of the same crap. He deals G-rank levels of damage (although apparently just slightly less than the eventual online G-rank event alatreon) and has enough health to draw the fight out over 40 minutes. He drops HR stuff but should be treated as G-rank.

Basically, beat online G-rank and you'll be ready to beat Mark of A Hero and Alatreon, as ridiculous as that sounds.

Just finished Alatreon and he was much harder for me than Mark of a Hero, just because he has so much health and his attacks deal so much damage. I beat Mark of a Hero on my first try and it took 3 tries to take Alatreon down, and it lasted over 40 minutes. Hate that guy.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Mister Blueberry posted:

Mazereon is the best gunner in my opinion. Here's his guide to everything bowgun related.
http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=193404

I haven't contemplated trying any of the shooty weapons yet but I'm going to check this out.

I've stated in the recent past that I co-op with my 8 year old son quite a bit. On weekdays, it's half an hour to an hour every night, maybe a mission or two, and the ability to play is conditional to him getting homework done, eating his dinner without being a picky whiny rear end in a top hat (which I admit he utterly inherited from me), and having good daily reports from his teacher. Recently I got an email from his teacher saying his behavior for the past month has been incredibly improved and whatever we're doing, we should keep it up. I was tempted to reply back that I'm incentivizing dinosaur murder before bedtime, but I don't know as to if she'd quite wrap her head around that.
My other son is a year and a half, and he largely doesn't pay any attention to when we're playing, except for maybe when he's tired and wants to lean up on me on the couch to pass out while we play. He recognizes, and apparently loves the victory music when my son and I beat a mission. He's now throwing his hands in the air and shouting 'hooray!' when we win, and he has to be part of the hi-fives if my son and I beat a particularly hard monster. Monster Hunter, bringin' families together.

Oh and incidentally, my girlfriend / their mother's opinion is, 'you guys are a bunch of flipping nerds.'

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

ChibiSoma posted:

Zinogre has a magnet in his horn that pulls pellet shot right to it. Two people can kill him in 7 minutes or so with fairly easy to get gear. It makes him ridiculously easy and requires very little gunning experience. You mostly just point and shoot.
On your armor you want Pellet Up, Recoil Down, and Evade Distance Up. With Ingot X, you get two of those, and a three slot talisman gives you 10 slots, which means you can just socket Evade Distance in with enough decorations, or you can mix armor up with help from the armor set creator.
The gun I use is the Crimson Qurupeco HBG. It has great pellet options and even the top rank only takes Gobul and Baleful Giggi. The two sockets let you remove the negative skills from the ingot x + evade distance set.
Take 4 combo books, Bone Husks S, and Wyvern Fangs. Take Pellet 1 through 3 and Normal 2 + 3. Use Pellet 3 until you run out. Combine for more. After that, use Pellet 2 unless he charges up, then switch to 3 to flinch him.
There's not many bowgun tutorials on the net yet, but Stygian is not that different from regular when you gun him, so here's a video from MHp3rd that should give you an idea: http://youtu.be/xuB_zaNuKjY
You may not be comfortable gunning, but this is the best way to clear zinogre, and he is not hard to gun. Use traps. Use flashes.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

So we were hunting an Azure Rathalos last night, on the Misty Peaks, and the fight was going really well. Too well, even. Immediately cracked the left wing and he fell; then his face, then his tail, then his other wing, then hammered his face, and immediately after Joe shows up. Aha, we've found the catch to the easy fight, but he's too late and Rathalos is ready to capture.

Rathalos flies off so I sprint to the next area and get ready to do my thing, snagging him shortly after as he does a charge-slide right into the trap. Mission accomplished, high fives all around.

Then Joe walks into that area, goes up to the sleeping Rathalos, and starts eating him :stonk:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Couple SnS questions. Am I correct in assuming SnS is the kind of weapon where you really want to be doing elemental damage as opposed to raw? Is there a good reason to use it if I'm sufficiently proficient at dodging with dual blades instead?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Ciaphas posted:

Couple SnS questions. Am I correct in assuming SnS is the kind of weapon where you really want to be doing elemental damage as opposed to raw? Is there a good reason to use it if I'm sufficiently proficient at dodging with dual blades instead?

Probably if you want to block a bit more often, save yourself some hits. Plus you can use items without having to put weapons away first. But I'll let more experienced SnS dudes speak to the differences.

I want to know if there's any harm in taking a weapon in against a monster that is resistant, strong against the weapon's element. Is the elemental damage just reduced / nullified while the raw physical damage is unaffected?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Office Thug posted:

I don't mind Alatreon being hard, I just never made it far enough in Tri to fight him and was hoping I'd be brickwalled at him but no, a trio of dude's I've already fought but now in G-Rank were playing solo doesn't really make any god drat sense. I know that Alatreon is going to be available later as a DLC quest for multiplayer but I would have been fun to fight him at the end of singleplayer.

Chronojam posted:

Then Joe walks into that area, goes up to the sleeping Rathalos, and starts eating him :stonk:

Yeah, Jho will go around and eat any captured monsters for stamina. I've only seen it once when some friends and I were going against two monsters in the Tundra or something and he popped up and we decided to murder him as well. Well he zoned and we zoned and saw him just eating whatever the hell we just capped. We proceeded to end him for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sire Oblivion posted:

I don't mind Alatreon being hard, I just never made it far enough in Tri to fight him and was hoping I'd be brickwalled at him but no, a trio of dude's I've already fought but now in G-Rank were playing solo doesn't really make any god drat sense. I know that Alatreon is going to be available later as a DLC quest for multiplayer but I would have been fun to fight him at the end of singleplayer.

That quest is deceptive as hell, because it sorta tricks you into worrying about the wrong drat thing. Instead of the monsters doing G-Rank damage, which isn't really a problem, you should be worried about how much damage you can output. You really need to drop Ivory Laggy in 15 minutes or so if you want any chance at all for Dios to punch Azure to death. Bring (Mega) Dash Juices for the second half of that fight. Once Ivory dies, you'll get half a minute or so of downtime before the other two appear. Go pick up stuff from the scavenge spots.

Then pop the Dash Juice and make sure Azure Rathalos is always between you and Brachydios. Especially when he's enraged and spamming his Power Geyser. Get in your hits when you can - mostly when Dios is across the arena - but you should basically just let him kill Azure Rath for you. Then it's mopping him up before time runs out. The problem at that point is health. No shame in bringing in Lifepowders and the like as extra healing. Bring a Farcaster and take the First Aid Meds. I wanna say you can carve Mega Potions, so if Dios gives you a second, get one or two out of him before he vanishes.

The hardest part is honestly dealing with Dios when he's enraged. Getting Power Geysered will absolutely murder you. If you have Flash Bombs/Traps with you, save them for that point to give yourself some breathing room. You'll probably be racing the clock, but keep beating your head against it. Just... maybe get into G-Rank and upgrade your gear a level or two before trying it. Trying it with HR gear is doable, but it's really hard.

Completely unrelated: :toot: Finally beat Stygian Zinogre! :toot:

Decided hell with it, I'll just go in with my original Ludroth Z/Dios DBs and try one more time, managed to get him down at just over 40 minutes in. I had to play insanely aggressive to do it, though. I was Dragonblighted the entire fight, but bringing Nulberries to that battle is pointless, since if he so much as touches you, you'll be blighted again. Any time he wasn't moving, I was hitting his rear end. If I want to fight him again, I'll do a multi-quest to chop his HP in half/third. Yeah, I'll get less parts, but it's also less stressful. But hey, now I can advance and promptly get stuck on Dire Miralis when he comes up. Something worthy of being a roadblock, at least!

• Locked thread