Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Baloogan posted:

Do our enemies know and fear the USMC?

I have heard from those who know that MARPAT must remain unique so that our enemies know when they're being killed by World's Finest Marine Corps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I seem to recall them trying digital/ACU patterns on vehicles but it turns out it gives anyone who looks at it a headache and they scrapped it. That should have been a sign that it's so terrible even our biology rejects it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

I hope Congress mandates everyone adopt the new Army pattern just to say gently caress you to the Marines for starting this mess 10 years ago.

You want to stamp EGAs on your uniform or wear a funny hat? Be my guest, but having different camo uniforms for the services is ridiculous. Same thing with everyone having their own OCIE. Why do the Marines and Army have different body armor, rucks, etc? Retarded.
This is the next best thing to having those responsible publicly flogged. Act like douchebags and show a complete disregard for the safety of those in your sisters services, and we'll take your super special exclusive camo pattern.

I really hope Multicam somehow becomes the service-wide uniform pattern. Of course I'm finally getting my new lighter ABUs tommorow, so at least I'll be more comfortable in my lovely looking uniform while we hash this out for another 5 years.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Stultus Maximus posted:

Not gonna happen. The USMC PR machine is the fineset in the world. Every Marine a PAO.

quote:

The Marine Corps is the Navy's police force and as long as I am President that is what it will remain. They have a propaganda machine that is almost equal to Stalin's.

Just one of many things that Harry Truman was right about.

Baloogan posted:

Do our enemies know and fear the USMC?

More importantly, do West Virginians revere them?

Pic thread, another thing Truman was right about :

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Smartest little intel sperg in the whole world

:laffo: oh gee how could i forget about that abortion. what a loving trainwreck.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TheUnhorse posted:

:laffo: oh gee how could i forget about that abortion. what a loving trainwreck.
It's better than what we ended up with, which is still better looking than the ACU.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

It's better than what we ended up with, which is still better looking than the ACU.
In what way exactly is a smurf's jizz rag "better?" I remember when they gave out a few sets for testing purposes. The only place that pattern blends in is an acid flashback.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

In what way exactly is a smurf's jizz rag "better?" I remember when they gave out a few sets for testing purposes. The only place that pattern blends in is an acid flashback.
It's not from the pixelated stupidity bandwagon. The colors were interfered with by the uniform board, against the recommendation of Tigerstripe.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

Casimir Radon posted:

It's not from the pixelated stupidity bandwagon. The colors were interfered with by the uniform board, against the recommendation of Tigerstripe.

I think it's goddamn hilarious how the AF rejected the pretty legit digital tigerstripe patterns that actually blended in with things in order to go with the loving bizarro-retardo ACU pattern we got in the end

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
hahaha oh god I remember seeing that uniform being worn around Hurlburt Field back in 2004. poo poo was horrific looking.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

holocaust bloopers posted:

hahaha oh god I remember seeing that uniform being worn around Hurlburt Field back in 2004. poo poo was horrific looking.

Asian chick on the USAA login page is wearing it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I like how the Navy put the USS Constitution where the EGA goes and has little mini ones throughout the pattern too. Hey guys were a little snowflake too! Wish service uniforms didn't exist, either. Marines have like 8 uniforms.

It should be working uniform (cammies or coveralls) and one drat dress uniform.

Sorry if I derailed this thread. Someone make a uniform bitching thread, hah.

But seriously why NWUs Navy why?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I don't see any little miniships, just the one on the pocket (I didn't know what that was, actually).

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
Just issue everyone an OD and a tan flight suit and we can all shut the gently caress up.

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
I remember getting issued pink tinted "fireproof" ACUs.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Smartest little intel sperg in the whole world

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Just issue everyone an OD and a tan flight suit and we can all shut the gently caress up.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
Apparently the Jelly Beans are going too

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Godholio posted:

I don't see any little miniships, just the one on the pocket (I didn't know what that was, actually).

http://www.brittanyusa.com/img/NWU-navyworking.jpg

I think the other uniforms look good though. The green Seabee one.

http://www.itstactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/AOR_Camo_Comparison.jpg

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

GateheaD posted:

Looks like WWII army cammies.

Or WWII USMC cammies:

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

TheUnhorse posted:

It looks perfect for blending in with the fjords of Scandinavia at 15,000 feet.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

The other two are basically marpat with the saturation bumped up and rotated 90 degrees the product of highly advanced proprietary technology and research into camouflagology and fashion.

hailthefish fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Apr 30, 2013

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

hailthefish posted:

The other two are basically marpat with the saturation bumped up and rotated 90 degrees.

Dude. OPSEC.

brains
May 12, 2004

jesus loving christ army, stop being so pants on head retarded and just loving give everyone multicam. it's not like we don't make literally every uniform and every single piece of equipment in the goddamn pattern already. oh that's right, you can't waste 30 million dollars and half a loving decade on 15 studies that way.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Christoff posted:

I like how the Navy put the USS Constitution where the EGA goes and has little mini ones throughout the pattern too. Hey guys were a little snowflake too! Wish service uniforms didn't exist, either. Marines have like 8 uniforms.

It should be working uniform (cammies or coveralls) and one drat dress uniform.

Sorry if I derailed this thread. Someone make a uniform bitching thread, hah.

But seriously why NWUs Navy why?

Seriously there is no reason for 90% of the Navy to wear camo or be involved in any of this stupidity. The only thing you're ever going to need to hide from is your Chief during field day and that salty motherfucker sees in infrared like the goddamned Predator. Seabees and whoever is actually a ground force can just wear whatever Marines wear and Sharpie out whatever hooah moto BS they watermark it with.

I'm going to bet the AF is pretty much the same way.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Drone launches are pretty :black101: if you're German;

(click for huge size)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

GateheaD posted:

That's a lot of dicks.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

(click for huge size)

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

(click for huge size)

So they finally got the mobile launch V2 working. Neat.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Impressive

A giant tampon being launched from a dumpster.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
So did I tell you about that time Denmark adopted Multicam for their army? Well we totally did :smug:

http://www.strikehold.net/2012/04/30/denmark-adopting-multicam/

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
:nms:

Mil-contracted 747 crash from yesterday. It's pretty goddamn grim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo51Be2jL8c

bloops fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 30, 2013

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Christ that is quite raw. Those poor guys, wonder what went wrong? RIP.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

monkeytennis posted:

Aircraft obviously stalled. The question is what caused it to stall. Pilots are taught to nose over the airplane, throttle up, and let the airspeed build up. If it were the autopilot flying the jet, it would've pitched up to keep the rate of climb consistent to what was programmed into the FMS. It's unlikely the autopilot had the aircraft though. The landing gear being down is indicative that the pilots weren't getting a positive rate of climb that would tell them to clean up the aircraft.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like the cargo load that slid rearward causing a drastic change in center of gravity.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

monkeytennis posted:

Pitched up way too hard without enough airspeed, looks like he got cross controlled too, which made it start to spin as it hammer headed down

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Jesus christ

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

drat that's raw. It goes from what looks like a little too steep to completely tits up pretty fast. Thing just pancakes.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
Was it just cargo or did it carry passengers too :ohdear:

Condolences to the crew. Very sad.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
Found the story, cargo only but had seven crew on board. That sucks, really sucks.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

front wing flexing posted:

Was it just cargo or did it carry passengers too :ohdear:

Condolences to the crew. Very sad.

7 crew members and cargo. Word is that the pilots were reporting that the cargo shifted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

holocaust bloopers posted:

7 crew members and cargo. Word is that the pilots were reporting that the cargo shifted.

There anything you can do at that point or is the trim too hosed? Shift fuel, anything?

• Locked thread