Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
While it is a drawing, I will note than when any significant other looks at you like this:

It's usually not greasepaint that's on their mind.

Usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not sure I get the thing with the grease paint either.

Also, the panel layout's kind of funky. I think it represents Vaermina being outside reality?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I just assumed that they were regular paints and she never gets to indulge in her hobby :3:

Alternately, this is going to end up as that painting rescue mission from oblivion

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

e: nm this post was all kinds of bad

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Update time.

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos
A few days ago I had someone contact me over AIM to compliment me on the well-behaved and intelligent posters in my comments section. I thought this person was crazy at first, and then I took a good, long look at the comments sections on the other comics and websites I frequent. I have come to the conclusion that I am a miracle worker.

Pollyanna posted:

e: nm this post was all kinds of bad

You are a monster. Now I am going to be curious forever.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Interesting facepaint action.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Vaermina has no idea what's going on with him (and by extension, Kat), does she?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Someone's been intruding into her realm!

Also, SwordDog is playing with her staff.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I was hoping SwordDog would take the staff, but then that would be stealing and Gaius would have to arrest him.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kazerad posted:

You are a monster. Now I am going to be curious forever.

Unfortunately I don't remember what it was about :shobon:

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
So Kazerad, what's this about Aladdin fanfiction?

Do I even want to know? :stare:

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos

IronSaber posted:

So Kazerad, what's this about Aladdin fanfiction?

Do I even want to know? :stare:

In the 4chan Prequel threads, I had let slip several times that I wrote a bunch of horrible Aladdin fanfiction when I was six. I told them that if I didn't update within 5 days, I'd share some of it. I was one day too late, so I upheld my end of the bargain.

If anyone here is curious, an anon saved the posts in image form:
http://foxmage.com/aladdin1.png
http://foxmage.com/aladdin2.png
http://foxmage.com/aladdin3.png

And of course, the fanart began to emerge shortly thereafter:

My favorite:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Kazerad posted:

In the 4chan Prequel threads, I had let slip several times that I wrote a bunch of horrible Aladdin fanfiction when I was six. I told them that if I didn't update within 5 days, I'd share some of it. I was one day too late, so I upheld my end of the bargain.

If anyone here is curious, an anon saved the posts in image form:
http://foxmage.com/aladdin1.png
http://foxmage.com/aladdin2.png
http://foxmage.com/aladdin3.png
Well, that was interesting and weird, although surprisingly it's not that weird for something made by a six-years-old.
I gather that Katia's purple scribblings on that book waaay back when are related to the adventures with a purple marker you posted?

radintorov fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 7, 2013

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

Kazerad posted:

My favorite:

I don't know what's going on here, but I love it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought that was going to be horrifying before I clicked it. Now I'm just confused. And sleepy.

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos

radintorov posted:

I gather that Katia's purple scribblings on that book waaay back when are related to the adventures with a purple marker you posted?

I'm pretty sure as a six-year-old I just used purple because my black marker always ran out before all the others. When I chose it for Katia it was just because I didn't want it to look like blood, chocolate, snot, or proper writing ink. Or maybe there was a subconscious influence? I just noticed another project I'm working on has a surprising amount of purple scribbled writing in it as well.

Also, I need your guys help on another GIF MYSTERY.

Please tell me if this image loops:

And then tell me if it loops on the site itself.

I had some people complain that it wasn't looping while the others were. As for me, I've got, like... one tab where it loops, and one where it doesn't. None of the other gifs seem affected.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Firefox, gif loops both here and on your site.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Same with Chrome here.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Loops here, doesn't loop on the site, though all the other gifs seems to work fine there. Using Chrome.

EDIT: Both now working.

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 9, 2013

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

firefox, both are looping.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kazerad posted:

Also, I need your guys help on another GIF MYSTERY.

Loops here and onsite. Using Opera.

The stick quivers. Very nice touch. I think even professional animators wouldn't think of that.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Neither is looping for me. I'm using Chrome.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
All working here - using chrome. If its not working your internet provider may be situated in Morrowind and/or run by vampires.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Looks like it's not looping for me on the actual page (for that GIF only). Works by itself, even if I just right-click from the page and open in new tab. Chrome 26.0.1410.64 m.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Wittgen posted:

Neither is looping for me. I'm using Chrome.

Same here, on Chrome, only for that gif. On 27.0.1453.15 beta-m

From what I gather is that Google have decided to be dicks and conform to gif standard where gifs aren't supposed to loop if it's not specifically set in the file. Most other browsers loop by default, but Chrome has decided to suddenly change behaviours.

EDIT: Okay so now it's working again so basically gently caress chrome??

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 9, 2013

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Awful Betamax on Android, viewing the website in the browser (WebKit). Gif loops fine on both.

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos
Alright, thanks guys. As far as I can tell, this is just Chrome being weird about gifs again. Given the last time this happened, it's starting to look like it has something to do with gifs containing 30 ms frames (the shortest most browsers will display before slowing it down). All the gifs are set to loop, sometimes Chrome just decides it'd rather not.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Update.

You are a monster. Now I am going to be curious forever. Or however long it takes for you to explain this. Which is basically forever anyway.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

Haha, seriously. Although, I heard on the internets (/co/ thread) that he's got another couple of updates lined up.

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos

Cthulhuchan posted:

Haha, seriously. Although, I heard on the internets (/co/ thread) that he's got another couple of updates lined up.

Yeah, this is the first time in a while I'm writing a couple updates in advance. Usually I avoid this because I want to be as quickly responsive as possible, but I realized the writing for the next update usually comes easiest immediately after I finish writing the current one. I've been paying so much attention to other people's reactions that I've kind of been ignoring analyzing and optimizing my own process. If the next few updates prove easier to produce I might actually move in that direction permanently, shifting the user commands to a more long-term thing (e.g. "You should go to the store as soon as possible!"). It'll be interesting to see how it works.

I'll be glad to ditch these transparent panels, though. Remembering to set the proper frame disposal each time has been my greatest challenge ever.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Between that and Homestuck being on hiatus, I think you might be on-track to draw in a boatload of new readers.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Update! Sword dog. Best ally.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That panel slamming shut is magnificent.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Update.

You are a monster. Now I am going to be curious forever. Or however long it takes for you to explain this. Which is basically forever anyway.

What are you talking about? If you just wait, you can plainly see sworddog has the ball in the last panel, which is what's had me :ohdear:ing for the last couple updates.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Who What Now posted:

Update! Sword dog. Best ally.

Good dog sword dog :3:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Sandwich nnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

I always feel bad when someone drops their sandwich or ice cream. Give her another sandwich :ohdear:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Oh yes, because that's the part that strains belief. You're being a cock-end, Gaius :mad:

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I think it's more that he thinks she is being condescending, especially with how Katia phrased it. And he perceived it as mocking him. Sort of a "Hey, stop being afraid of your nightmares."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
drat it, not the sandwich, not like that. Katia needs the carbs for the big competition.

She could have picked it up and brushed it off but I think the three second rule applies.

• Locked thread