Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Anyone only getting the download for the Japanese Voice Over Pack when using your pre-order code? When I used it, I saw the two costume things pop up but the only thing available to download is the VO pack, and I can't choose the costumes in game.

Go to online mode, select the peddler, get your DLC there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Thanks!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Oh my god gently caress the carnivorous slime and the level you fight him in. Seems like a real difficulty spike, unless I'm overlooking something simple.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Goddamnit, loving figures that PSN would offer it with the preorder bonuses at launch for cheaper after I went and bought it without them at Target. :\

Edit: this game is fantastic, although is there a vulnerabilities breakdown anywhere?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It's up on psn.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/soul-sacrifice/cid=UP9000-PCSA00092_00-SOULSACRIFICEUS0

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Check your email right now. PSN is giving away codes for a Spirits' Falconfeather. The email also confirmed the free DLC release schedule.

And I don't need it, so quote if you use it: 9RDM-NQNL-3PJF

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yechezkel posted:

Check your email right now. PSN is giving away codes for a Spirits' Falconfeather. The email also confirmed the free DLC release schedule.

And I don't need it, so quote if you use it: 9RDM-NQNL-3PJF

Getting an invalid on that code.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hope there's a boss that counters long range fighting. In the demo I totally ignored it but figured "eh I'll bring eggs along with me vs this big slime in the second magasuar chapter" and now half my loadout is me shooting stuff from across the map then teleporting the gently caress away when things come after me

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Is anyone who didn't preorder able to find this on the store? I can see the online pass and the JP voiceover packs, as well as the demo, but the full game isn't showing up on PSN.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Mailer posted:

Is anyone who didn't preorder able to find this on the store? I can see the online pass and the JP voiceover packs, as well as the demo, but the full game isn't showing up on PSN.

Use the link I posted, seems like the Vita store isn't updated yet.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
The store is still being updated. It will probably show up in the Vita store in the next half hour.

Norns posted the direct link to it in the webstore. You could get it from there, then download it from your Vita through the download list, if you don't want to wait.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Getting an invalid on that code.

Same here. :reject: Maybe it will work later in the day.

deadlinguo
Nov 17, 2004
when the revolution comes
It just showed up on the PSN store for me (on my Vita). $35.99. No mention of the preorder bonuses though, should I just assume that they'll automatically be included with the purchase?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Norns posted:

Use the link I posted, seems like the Vita store isn't updated yet.

Ah, I didn't realize how they handled that. Game is up now anyway on the vita.

Jammer Jones
Jul 11, 2002

Member of the Yomiko Readman Fanboy Army!
I played the demo a bit, now I have the full retail game (cartridge) I only have an option for new game, err how to I move my save over?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
My preorder from Amazon arrived a few min ago!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Jammer Jones posted:

I played the demo a bit, now I have the full retail game (cartridge) I only have an option for new game, err how to I move my save over?

Choose new game and it'll sense the demo data and ask if you want to import.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

:siren:Everyone who buys through the PSN early gets the DLC:siren: I've confirmed for myself and others.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/30/4285834/early-soul-sacrifice-digital-buyers-can-unlock-pre-order-bonus-content

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 30, 2013

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Code from Yechezkel works now, thanks!

Has anyone been able to use the special palm sigils that apparently mess with your arm? I see one for Sortiara and the slime boss but I haven't unlocked them for use yet.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Might be a silly question, but do we have a dedicated place to chat and make rooms for the game? I'd like to be able to play this game and not have to rely on pubbies.

Edit: TaurusOxford on Vita, FYI.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
#vita on irc.synirc.net would be the perfect place for that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dammit, Sony didn't feel I was important enough for the DLC email apparently.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
That Polygon article mentions 2 outfits, but the only new one I got was the Dancer. Is that incorrect?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Annath posted:

That Polygon article mentions 2 outfits, but the only new one I got was the Dancer. Is that incorrect?

They count the male and female versions as two separate outfit.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Norns posted:

They count the male and female versions as two separate outfit.

Of course they do

Schach
Jul 21, 2007
I'm not a monster it'sonlyamask.
Is there some way to get rid of the Japanese voice pack? I'm not using it and it's just taking up precious space on my 16gb card. I didn't notice it was downloading until it was too late :negative:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kind of a bummer that the localization team ripped out all the Arthurian names and references. I mean the parallels are still there but I think it kinda cheapens the story a bit.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
My biggest problem right now is not knowing where to farm stuff (without opening a ton of quests) and what is weak to what, but I suppose that'll sort out eventually.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Anthrovore posted:

Oh my god gently caress the carnivorous slime and the level you fight him in. Seems like a real difficulty spike, unless I'm overlooking something simple.

Use mind's eye on the slime. A couple of his legs should be glowing as cursed parts. A few melee strikes on one of the legs will break it, causing the slime to become vulnerable for a while. Just wail on him when that happens; he doesn't have very much health.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

After fighting Cerberus for a week I'm icing everything that moves in the story missions so far.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wow, color me surprised. Used NEAR and got a Healing Bloom (S) 3 star as a reward for finding someone else in Boise Idaho with a Vita and the game.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Huh. Are Lacrima gains heavily reduced in the full game? I was getting pretty good chunks in the demo, but now I'm lucky to get 5.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

Huh. Are Lacrima gains heavily reduced in the full game? I was getting pretty good chunks in the demo, but now I'm lucky to get 5.

I noticed this as well, but some missions gave me 40, while others gave me literally 1. So I guess it's based on some other factors.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I noticed this as well, but some missions gave me 40, while others gave me literally 1. So I guess it's based on some other factors.

It's based on the mission. In the demo we were doing Cerb who is a pretty hard fight and we were doing him multiplayer. Now you're back to easy mode single player bosses so you're getting less rewards.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!
Am I the only one who tries to finger-hook while running? (it totally doesn't work)

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
Really liking the boss line-up in this game, although I feel as though the game is slightly easier than the demo was. Leastways, the demo felt TOO hard, the game feels more "just right".

Anyone have any tips to fusing? Any good recipes/missions to farm rare items on?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Anyone got any strats for the Only Memories Remain chap 2 fight?
The other Cyclops hunts have been pretty easy but this one is kicking my rear end, My spread is definitely a factor here (I found the game to be pretty easy so I've coasted through on 8/26 so far) but this one lacks any allies to revive you and he doesn't seem to have a weakness which just makes things take longer. It doesn't help that all it takes is for a spider to spawn while you're in the middle of an attack animation for them to shoot you with web and basically ruin your entire flow. Are there any particular spells that work well against him?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey add SiftRock, I'm opening a midnight room and going to be hunting mid-level bosses. I don't care if you're like, level 10. It's all for fun!

Edit: Alright, done for now. Few people added me so that was cool.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 07:19 on May 1, 2013

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So is the EU release date for this the first or the third? PSN+Amazon say one while people here and some review sites are saying the other.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Pierson posted:

So is the EU release date for this the first or the third? PSN+Amazon say one while people here and some review sites are saying the other.

As far as I know it is the first. PSN should update with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I love how they explain in the lore that the monsters you are fighting against are not their original versions, but sorcerers that got consumed by a soul they couldn't handle and ended up turning into the monster themselves. So that's why all of them turn out to be sorcerers and not some simple commoners!

• Locked thread