Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Fixed that for you.

And yet, I'd still read the poo poo out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.
Maybe we'll finally get to see his vacuum attachment.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

AnonSpore posted:

According to Murata's twitter tomorrow's chapter is going to be a little short. The reason for this is because he's going for 100 pages in the chapter after it. Seriously. The man is insane, hahaha.

My name is Murata, king of kings:
Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and :stare::fh:

It's going to be 50 2-page spreads, isn't it?

failedninja
Nov 29, 2008
And he's going to have to redraw them all for the volume version.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

failedninja posted:

I honestly think that chapter is going to be an entire volume by itself. Or at least the majority of one.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, in 3 months we will have one hell of a chapter. Maybe 2 months if you count the initial google translate mangapanda version.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Mo_Steel posted:

My name is Murata, king of kings:
Look upon my works, ye Mighty, and :stare::fh:

It's going to be 50 2-page spreads, isn't it?

One 100-page spread.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Superstring posted:

One 100-page spread.

Saitama's fist on one end.

The boss of this arc on the other.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

Everything between is just slow pan of every character that's appeared so far.

Chapter after that will be one page with the final boss blowing up. The End.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
The final boss is a twin/clone/alternate universe version of Saitama. He had apples instead of bananas as breakfast in his training. So he kept his hair but turned evil.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Final chapter obviously is a fourth-wall breaking 200 page re-enactment of Take on Me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914

Murata being pulled into the comic to help defeat the final boss.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012

failedninja posted:

I couldn't resist buying the first two volumes and I was disappointed when Sonic's zooming around for pages was replaced with a single spread.:( I guess they would look a bit awkward because of the gutter, but... I really don't understand why he has to redraw the best scenes. Can someone explain?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ottumon posted:

I couldn't resist buying the first two volumes and I was disappointed when Sonic's zooming around for pages was replaced with a single spread.:( I guess they would look a bit awkward because of the gutter, but... I really don't understand why he has to redraw the best scenes. Can someone explain?

Because nobody cares about Feed of Pound Chronic.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

The 29 raws are out. He wasn't kidding short. It's 9 pages if you count the last 2 spread as two pages. But, man, the design of the the undersea emperor is something.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
efb

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And the translation is up

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

The very first page which has two sentences, one of which is a chuckle, already has a major mistranslation. Why do people still read translations from these people instead of waiting for Boon.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

AnonSpore posted:

The very first page which has two sentences, one of which is a chuckle, already has a major mistranslation. Why do people still read translations from these people instead of waiting for Boon.

Because nothing prevents me from reading Boon's as well when it comes out and a poorly translated scan is still better than the raw. It's not like there's some great law of manga that each chapter must only be read once.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Sarcophallus posted:

Because nothing prevents me from reading Boon's as well when it comes out and a poorly translated scan is still better than the raw. It's not like there's some great law of manga that each chapter must only be read once.

Yes, but you can only experience it for the first time once, so why would you ruin that with a bad translation when you can wait a few hours, or a few days at most, and enjoy a good one?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

AnonSpore posted:

Yes, but you can only experience it for the first time once, so why would you ruin that with a bad translation when you can wait a few hours, or a few days at most, and enjoy a good one?

Someone else's personal preference is the stupidest thing to bitch at them about. He wanted to read it in pseudo english to get the gist of it because precise dialogue isn't too important in an action manga. If this stuff were all about the plot and dialogue then you might have a slight point but even then it's a dumb thing to get on someone's case for.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Someone else's personal preference is the stupidest thing to bitch at them about. He wanted to read it in pseudo english to get the gist of it because precise dialogue isn't too important in an action manga. If this stuff were all about the plot and dialogue then you might have a slight point but even then it's a dumb thing to get on someone's case for.

It's a comedy manga.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Terror Sweat posted:

It's a comedy manga.

There's a lot more panels and effort put into the crazy action even if it has a lot of punchlines. My point stands, though.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I'm not bitching, I just honestly don't understand it as a translator myself, why you'd go for an objectively inferior version when the superior alternative will be available for no cost in a negligible amount of time. But yeah, you're right, I'm being dumb and I'll drop it.

IN UNRELATED NEWS, if you're wondering why the chapter is so short, it's not actually due to the 100 pager coming soon (I think that's more an apology for this, actually), it's mostly because Murata spend a lot of time this past week drawing a Vampire series/Darkstalkers illustration for Capcom.

Also he drew a cool ad for OPM that's currently up at Shibuya station, featuring the main cast and most of the S-class heroes.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Everything else being drawn super detailed and Saitama being drawn as a loving cartoon character will never stop being funny to me.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Two Tone Shoes posted:

No it's perfectly fine to call people stupid for reading bad translations. There's no excuse for subjecting yourself to it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AnonSpore posted:

I'm not bitching, I just honestly don't understand it as a translator myself, why you'd go for an objectively inferior version when the superior alternative will be available for no cost in a negligible amount of time. But yeah, you're right, I'm being dumb and I'll drop it.

IN UNRELATED NEWS, if you're wondering why the chapter is so short, it's not actually due to the 100 pager coming soon (I think that's more an apology for this, actually), it's mostly because Murata spend a lot of time this past week drawing a Vampire series/Darkstalkers illustration for Capcom.

Also he drew a cool ad for OPM that's currently up at Shibuya station, featuring the main cast and most of the S-class heroes.

Holy crap :magical:

As for the translations, I didn't think it was so bad plus one can simply don't click the link. :v:

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

coathat posted:

No it's perfectly fine to call people stupid for reading bad translations. There's no excuse for subjecting yourself to it.

Don't you feel embarrassed when you say dumb poo poo like this? Please tell me more about how reading lovely scans a day before the good scans come out makes me stupid.

This is worse than the dumb fansub arguments that come up every time 'gg' is mentioned. At least with fansubs it's a 30 minute time commitment.

coathat
May 21, 2007

It encourages lovely scanlators to keep on churning out low quality translations covered in ugly rear end water marks. There's no reason to do this to yourself.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

coathat posted:

It encourages lovely scanlators to keep on churning out low quality translations covered in ugly rear end water marks. There's no reason to do this to yourself.

Those monsters.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Murata's streaming again.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nebu-kuro1

What's with those gloves?

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Level Slide posted:

I believe, and seemingly confirmed by people in the chat bubble, that they make it so he won't smudge his drawing as he drags his hand around.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Level Slide posted:

Murata's streaming again.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nebu-kuro1

If I had to guess it's so that he doesn't smudge his lines with his oily hands.

e: gently caress.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The gloves have the first three fingers cut out so he can hold his instruments better and the rest of the glove is there so he doesn't smudge and get oil on things.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

It's great how I can recognize the scenes Murata is drawing at a glance, even though his art is so much better than ONE's. He really is letting the spirit of the series show through.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I thought as much with the gloves.

And speaking as someone who barely clawed his way through Drawing 101, seeing Murata pump out pencil sketches like that is a sight to behold. Then again, I say that for anyone who records their drawing process :v:. Yes, I know most of it comes from practice, but me n' drawing don't really mix, especially not as well as Murata and drawing.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

How does he draw so well with his pencil held like that :psyduck:

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
I was thinking today how I want the volumes in coffee table book form.
Then I was thinking I could use the plotter at work to print out a giant page from the manga. Now I just have to find the best page.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

cooldude2.0 posted:

I was thinking today how I want the volumes in coffee table book form.
Then I was thinking I could use the plotter at work to print out a giant page from the manga. Now I just have to find the best page.

I'd pick the one where Saitama's making his signature blank stare while the city's being pelted with meteors.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Boon's version of the newest chapter is out.

I'll add the Batoto link when it comes up too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Level Slide posted:

I thought as much with the gloves.

And speaking as someone who barely clawed his way through Drawing 101, seeing Murata pump out pencil sketches like that is a sight to behold. Then again, I say that for anyone who records their drawing process :v:. Yes, I know most of it comes from practice, but me n' drawing don't really mix, especially not as well as Murata and drawing.

That is pretty much the result of years and years of drawing your rear end off, it becomes second nature at that point. :v:

Also here's the Batoto link:

Batoto version of the new chapter