Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare
Seeing as my Lost Planet LP is a fairly straightforward ordeal that will take at the very most 2 months (at the rate I'm going to release updates), I'm thinking about other projects I can begin to plan out for the near future. One thing I'm curious about is how linear games typically fair in SSLPs? I'll admit I haven't spent a great deal of time reading SSLPs but I'm now starting to read them and really enjoying the format.

It seems like they work great when it's an RPG game or a game with a lot of choice/multiple outcomes and thus goons get to vote for choices and what not. Are there examples of linear games (or games with no real choice or alternate paths) turning out good in an SSLP?

For a bit of context, the game in my mind right now is RAGE, which was falsely marketed as an RPG and even has some RPG aesthetics and presentation but for the most part it's on the straight and narrow with only a few optional areas. No real choice or heavy decisions placed on the player. Could it still work or is that something better kept for a VLP?

I know ultimately it's down to how I would make it unique or worth reading but I'd imagine there are some things that are just cut and dry and destined for video over screenshots. Perhaps it'd work as a mix of the two? Video for some things while the brunt of the game is delivered in screenshots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
SSLPs are mostly reserved for text-heavy games or games that would otherwise be really bad ideas in video form which is mostly RPGs.

Also RAGE is an FPS first and foremost. A lot of the screenshots would be pretty samey so I can't really see it working well in the SSLP format.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 1, 2013

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Sundowner posted:

Seeing as my Lost Planet LP is a fairly straightforward ordeal that will take at the very most 2 months (at the rate I'm going to release updates), I'm thinking about other projects I can begin to plan out for the near future. One thing I'm curious about is how linear games typically fair in SSLPs? I'll admit I haven't spent a great deal of time reading SSLPs but I'm now starting to read them and really enjoying the format.

It seems like they work great when it's an RPG game or a game with a lot of choice/multiple outcomes and thus goons get to vote for choices and what not. Are there examples of linear games (or games with no real choice or alternate paths) turning out good in an SSLP?

For a bit of context, the game in my mind right now is RAGE, which was falsely marketed as an RPG and even has some RPG aesthetics and presentation but for the most part it's on the straight and narrow with only a few optional areas. No real choice or heavy decisions placed on the player. Could it still work or is that something better kept for a VLP?

I know ultimately it's down to how I would make it unique or worth reading but I'd imagine there are some things that are just cut and dry and destined for video over screenshots. Perhaps it'd work as a mix of the two? Video for some things while the brunt of the game is delivered in screenshots?

JRPG's are, for the most part, both extremely linear and very well suited to screenshots. One of the biggest considerations between SSLP and VLP is not how deeply a game's plot branches but rather how heavily it relies on dialog and whether that dialog is voiced or text-only. If the answers are "quite a lot of discussions" and "not a word spoken," then it's almost certainly best shown off in screenshots. If a game is much more dynamic, interesting to watch in motion, uses good (or laughably bad) voice actors, and doesn't rely too heavily on repetition, then it's better off presented as videos.

For that matter, VLP's can also do a good job with presenting decisions for audience participation. Voting on things really isn't that related to presentation style.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Cernunnos posted:

SSLPs are mostly reserved for text-heavy games or games that would otherwise be really bad ideas in video form which is mostly RPGs.

Also RAGE is an FPS first and foremost. A lot of the screenshots would be pretty samey so I can't really see it working well in the SSLP format.

Yeah I felt like that was the case and you're right regarding RAGE, I wasn't thinking how repetitive it might get. It may be something I never approach then as I rarely play RPGs (or seemingly text-heavy games) to a level where I'd be comfortable doing an LP of with any degree of competence. I like the idea of an SSLP and it would be nice to try the different ways one might make an LP. I'd love to attempt a subtitled LP of an atmosphere-heavy game some day, for example.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

For that matter, VLP's can also do a good job with presenting decisions for audience participation. Voting on things really isn't that related to presentation style.

I think it just seemed that way to me because I haven't been registered long enough to really partake in LPs that are ongoing. I've always caught up on finished LPs through the LPArchive or elsewhere and thus never got to see any of the potentially interactive elements of a VLP. Now that I'm able to participate in threads, I'm sure my assumption will change.

Sundowner fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 1, 2013

bobbertoriley
Sep 6, 2011

theonlypie314SA posted:

I'm guessing the OP and the update are good since there wasn't any feedback on it. If that's a wrong assumption, feel free to let me know of anything that could be changed. Here's the commentary test video which took me a lot longer to do the edits than I thought. Any feedback (video, audio, etc) is welcome.

OP/First update seemed fine to me, as did the video. Someone with more experience can probably say more about it, but I think everything looks good.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Gonna give this another shot.

This Game Sucks: Let's Play Kirby's Adventure!

Kirby's Adventure, released for the NES in 1993 (2 years after the SNES was released!), is the second Kirby game in the series. However, it was the first Kirby game to establish his signature power to eat enemies and copy their special powers -- a feature which would be present in every Kirby game following.

Story: One day, Kirby wakes up from a nap and realizes that he didn't have any dreams. He goes to the Fountain of Dreams -- the source of all dreams in Dream Land -- and discovers that the evil King Dedede has stolen the Star Rod and broken it into many pieces to be distributed to his strongest minions. Without the Star Rod, the Fountain of Dreams cannot function. It is up to Kirby to defeat Dedede and his minions and restore the Star Rod to its rightful place.

Gameplay: Kirby's Adventure is a standard platformer in most respects. However, it has two unique features: the aforementioned copy ability and flying. Kirby can inhale any minor enemy and use their abilities, if they have any. Kirby can also fly indefinitely (this ability is limited in later games -- Kirby 64 being the first one). The game is divided into seven major areas. The overworlds contain doors to numbered sub-levels, as well as minigames and several other features.

Level 1: Vegetable Valley

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Don't You Dare Say Banang Again! It's The Sam & Max Megathread!

I love Sam & Max, to me they are one of the greatest series of adventure games, and I really want to show this by LPing the entirety of Sam & Max. You may be asking why am I not starting at Hit the Road, well there are a number of reasons, but the basic answer is that there was an already a couple if not more LPs of it and I wanted to show off the telltale era. The telltale era of games have been contested, especially the first season. One of the largest complaints is that the games are short, and there is really no denying it. The games are short and if you get good enough on them you can beat season 1 games in about thirty minutes. But they are chock full of comedy and characters that it makes the whole thing worth it.

So How is this going to go? Well the videos are going to be commentary free because I do not feel like I could provide commentary that doesn't detract from the game whether through informative or attempting to be funnier than the characters on the screen. Instead I am going to focus on giving thoughts, backstory and information about the games in each post. I am not going to fuss around with trying to figure out puzzles, I know these games and I doubt you want to see me rub every object in my inventory against other objects to see what happens. I will try to focus on dialog trees as they can be genuinely funny with Max's psychotic ramblings and Sam's failed attempts at being the good cop.

Some pointless history
Sam & Max started well before Steve Purcell ever released issue #1 for fishwrapped productions. It started out as a case of child Steve Purcell taking his younger brother Dave's comics and redrawing them to parody the way his brother made them, and thus Sam and Max were born. Sam and Max has had a pretty weird history of publication starting at Fishwrapped before moving to comico then epic before they were licensed to Lucasarts. Lucasarts produced a series of minicomics for their magazine The Adventurer along with the ever classic Hit the Road. Then in 1997-1998 we got The Adventures of Sam & Max Freelance Police, and I gotta say, it is pretty good. It had some down fall (The Geek being the biggest problem) but honestly it felt like Sam & Max, just better for kids. The same sort of esoteric humor and brand of justice follows them and I can really suggest some really good episodes like "The Glazed MacGuffin Affair" and "It's Dangly Deever Time" which had some pretty good pieces of animation in them. But, things quickly went dead for Sam & Max as Lucasarts kept suggesting sequels and then shutting them down. Finally lucasarts shut the door on them and Sam & Max was without a home. Telltale games then came along and produced both a three season series of games with Sam and Max showing up as major characters in the Poker Night games and a webcomic that was just as funny as the Lucasarts comics. The future is up in the air so we do not know what is going to happen.

Rules of the Thread
Spoil Spoilers, I know the stories but people that come in might not, so let's try and keep that up okay?
If you have anything related you might want to do let me know.

Videos

Earlier LPs of Hit the Road:
http://lparchive.org/Sam-and-Max-Hit-the-Road-(by-Grawl)/
http://lparchive.org/Sam-and-Max-Hit-the-Road/

Grawl is also doing the Telltale era so you can watch it here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3537891

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 1, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Just to let you know, Grawl's back and doing the Telltale games, though since yours have no commentary, you're probably doing something different enough to warrant another thread.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Just to let you know, Grawl's back and doing the Telltale games, though since yours have no commentary, you're probably doing something different enough to warrant another thread.

Really? I didn't see it scanning the list, I must've missed it,

Edit: I don't want to step on anyone's shoes so if Grawl is cool with it, I guess I can try it.

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 06:24 on May 1, 2013

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Grawl's commentary is subtitled and very minimal, that doesn't seem different enough to me.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Tae posted:

Well here's what I did with the first run:

1. Record using the 3DS recorder.
2. Export the video, load it up on Sony Vegas to capture images (so I don't have to stop-and-capture every other move).
3. Use Irfanview's PNG capture with the custom rectangle function to capture what screens I want to capture.

4. Latest method was recapturing the images, then making them about 25% smaller.

Ask Maple Leaf how he went about recording his Kid Icarus LP because it looks fantastic.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

itotaku posted:

Really? I didn't see it scanning the list, I must've missed it,

Edit: I don't want to step on anyone's shoes so if Grawl is cool with it, I guess I can try it.

There's no forum rules against it or anything (i.e. we won't probate or ban you for it), in case you were worried about that in your decision.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
I have a feeling my Lost Planet thread is going to be packed with content on every page due to the small discussion going on. Any advice on how to keep things moving in that regard? There's really nothing in-game that could be used as a tool to invoke some discussion or interaction from goons, otherwise I'd be coming up with ways to integrate that into the thread.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
If the LP is good, people will post in the thread. Don't stress about how many updates you see on a single page.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

slowbeef posted:

There's no forum rules against it or anything (i.e. we won't probate or ban you for it), in case you were worried about that in your decision.

It's not that, more like professional courtesy. If grawl doesn't mind me doing them (I think I am offering different enough information in mine to warrant it) then I am going to do it. So besides that is there anything else wrong?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

frozentreasure posted:

If the LP is good, people will post in the thread. Don't stress about how many updates you see on a single page.

Not really, ApplesAndOranges' LP of HoMM6 was excellent, but there simply wasn't much to discuss between the updates. The guy was even thinking about giving up on the LP at one point due to what seemed to be a lack of interest, which resulted in a full page of "Hey, I like this LP, I just didn't have much of a reason to post until now."

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
I don't think I'll give up on it. After all it's going to have about 12 or 13 full updates and some bonus posts peppered throughout, it's not exactly a huge commitment especially at two updates per week. I just think the interaction is a nice element to doing an LP. Some games just don't really suit it either in how much they offer to discuss or by way of letting goons make decisions and vote on things. It's not a huge deal, though.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Sundowner posted:

I have a feeling my Lost Planet thread is going to be packed with content on every page due to the small discussion going on. Any advice on how to keep things moving in that regard? There's really nothing in-game that could be used as a tool to invoke some discussion or interaction from goons, otherwise I'd be coming up with ways to integrate that into the thread.

Don't stress about it. Some threads generate a ton of posts because of the game or the people behind the LP or what have you. So long as people are enjoying the videos and you are enjoying doing it just keep going and don't sweat it.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

my dad posted:

Not really, ApplesAndOranges' LP of HoMM6 was excellent, but there simply wasn't much to discuss between the updates. The guy was even thinking about giving up on the LP at one point due to what seemed to be a lack of interest, which resulted in a full page of "Hey, I like this LP, I just didn't have much of a reason to post until now."

Honestly as stupid as it sounds this is one reason I like the VLPs I do more than the SSLPs. I get a little number on each video telling me somebody out there is watching it even if nobody is posting. Eases the worry that you're just throwing effort into the void.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Agent355 posted:

Honestly as stupid as it sounds this is one reason I like the VLPs I do more than the SSLPs. I get a little number on each video telling me somebody out there is watching it even if nobody is posting. Eases the worry that you're just throwing effort into the void.

I understand this sentiment completely. My Dead Rising 2 thread has been a bit quieter than I expected, but every video brings in a bunch of "X has subscribed to you on YouTube!" emails. It's a fuzzy feeling.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

If any audience members are reading this, be sure to post in the threads you like (unless it's the Dangan Ronpa thread :v:). Obviously don't just post "That was funny XD", but something like "That was a neato episode! I enjoyed X. Y looks pretty cool too." is a good way to add to the discussion and show the OP that people are actually interested in their poo poo. This is why Glazius is a national treasure. Keep doing your thing dude :allears:
Slowbeef, correct me if I'm wrong.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Agent355 posted:

So what's the view number next to your thread for?

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Xander77 posted:

People opening the thread doesn't mean people reading the thread, where Youtube takes measures to make sure views are only counted if people watched a significant amount of the video. If you just quickly pull up and close a Youtube video, the view gets invalidated.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

theonlypie314SA posted:

I'm guessing the OP and the update are good since there wasn't any feedback on it. If that's a wrong assumption, feel free to let me know of anything that could be changed. Here's the commentary test video which took me a lot longer to do the edits than I thought. Any feedback (video, audio, etc) is welcome.

You're doing a good job covering the fundamentals of Ragna, but I think it might be good to also explain the games basic mechanics beneath the characters. Say if I haven't played BlazBlue, I'd have no idea what a distortion is, or how to perform an astral finish, why the buttons are labled ABCD, or why some characters have different meters at the bottom of the screen. That sort of thing.

Other than that things look good. I've never really had time to play all the different paths these games had so I'm glad you're going so indepth.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tae posted:

Can anyone comment on the test post itself, if there's anything I missed or need to explain more?

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=12001

Well, for one thing, music links would be appriciated. The music in this game is really good and it'd be a shame not to show it off. Either Tindeck or polsy.
I'd like a better overview of what's going on. I get that you can't explain why we're fighting him or where, but showing off the map and Validar's stats and weapon would be nice for some context.
Are you only planning on using one portrait per character? The characters are really expressive, so it'd be a shame to miss out on that. Also, the : after the portraits are superfluous, get rid of those.
Gifs are nice, certainly use more of those. Heck, even short videos could work with major boss battles.
Your commentary itself feels very archaic and by the book. It reads more like a checklist than you expressing any passion for the game. "Chrom eats some damage back. Robin steps up and attacks with a Thoron Tome. Chrom finishes the stage." is not particularly engaging. If you were going for just informative commentary, then sure that'd be fine, but then you have that ":stare: I see the developers left a tiny detail out of the game demo." which is really different from the rest of your commentary so far in tone. Also, post the detail they left out, not that they left something out.
Personally, I like more bold and italicized stuff spread throughout, so everything doesn't come across in such a stale tone.

Something like

quote:

Robin, we have to get closer! Let's move!

Let's explain the basics. This here is Chrom, apperantly one of our main characters.

Each character has 7 stats:

- Strength (Str) is physical damage, damage dealt with normal weapons like Falchion, Chrom's sword.

- Magic (Mag) is magical damage, damage dealt with tomes, like the Thoron tome that Robin uses.

- Skill determines the hit rate for attacks, critical attacks, and activating certain abilities.

- Speed (Spd) determines if a character attacks once, twice, or is attacked twice. The magic number is 5. Being 5 Spd faster than someone means you attack twice. 4 less/more results in just one attack. 5 or more speed less results in the enemy attacking twice.

- Luck (Lck) is the second part of the formula for hitting and avoiding attacks.

- Defence (Def) is for blocking physical damage.

- Resistance (Res) is for blocking magical damage.

There's some other stuff here too, but let's save that for another time!
is how I would have done that. Actually, personally I would save all these explanations until the Prologue, since the Premonition is designed to be confusing and fast-paced. People are already questioning who these characters are and what they're doing, so these stat things are not really on their mind right now. But that's really just up to you.

Oh, and better quality images. :v:

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

SSNeoman posted:

If any audience members are reading this, be sure to post in the threads you like (unless it's the Dangan Ronpa thread :v:). Obviously don't just post "That was funny XD", but something like "That was a neato episode! I enjoyed X. Y looks pretty cool too." is a good way to add to the discussion and show the OP that people are actually interested in their poo poo. This is why Glazius is a national treasure. Keep doing your thing dude :allears:
Slowbeef, correct me if I'm wrong.

I won't correct you, you are correct. But yeah, try to add a little content in your post - at least call out what you specifically like about an LP/episode, not just that you like it in general.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Xander77 posted:

Pretty much this

sentrygun posted:

People opening the thread doesn't mean people reading the thread, where Youtube takes measures to make sure views are only counted if people watched a significant amount of the video. If you just quickly pull up and close a Youtube video, the view gets invalidated.

My LP right now has 87,000 forum views but I get about 500 views per video. The youtube numbers are just more realistic and therefor have more meaning.

The one and only SSLP I did turned out really well and generated a great deal of discussion per page but I have to admit I would have trouble motivating myself if I felt every third post in an SSLP was me updating.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Agent355 posted:

Tindeck hits can be a useful gauge to see how many people are invested enough in an LP to actually listen to the music along with the updates.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Is it okay to post the soundtrack to a game in my LP? Not the whole thing but like tindeck each song as it appears in the updates?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Most of the LPs I read do that.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

itotaku posted:

Is it okay to post the soundtrack to a game in my LP? Not the whole thing but like tindeck each song as it appears in the updates?

In a LP convention sense or a legal one?

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

DreamShipWrecked posted:

In a LP convention sense or a legal one?

LP Convention, I own the original Sam and Max telltale soundtracks and everything so I would be ripping from my personal copies.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I've included soundtracks as Tindeck links a few times. But, and I think that's important, I've always disabled the download option on Tindeck. I think otherwise you'd be getting into :filez:

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tin Tim posted:

I've included soundtracks as Tindeck links a few times. But, and I think that's important, I've always disabled the download option on Tindeck. I think otherwise you'd be getting into :filez:

Yeah definitely don't forget to do this.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Mega64 posted:

Tindeck hits can be a useful gauge to see how many people are invested enough in an LP to actually listen to the music along with the updates.
Some recent VLP update in... either Geop's Dark Souls LP or Bobbin's Anime Star Wars LP had people mentioning that they don't ever click tindeck links regardless of recommendations or LP quality, and apparently that's not an uncommon attitude.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Terper posted:

Well, for one thing, music links would be appriciated. The music in this game is really good and it'd be a shame not to show it off. Either Tindeck or polsy.

I'll get on that, though do I do it once or every time it's used?

quote:

Are you only planning on using one portrait per character? The characters are really expressive, so it'd be a shame to miss out on that. Also, the : after the portraits are superfluous, get rid of those.
Gifs are nice, certainly use more of those. Heck, even short videos could work with major boss battles.

I'll use more than one portrait, it's just that Chrom only had the one face for the mission.

quote:

personally I would save all these explanations until the Prologue, since the Premonition is designed to be confusing and fast-paced. People are already questioning who these characters are and what they're doing, so these stat things are not really on their mind right now. But that's really just up to you.

I decided to explain the stats at least for this chapters because I'm going to explain another stack of basic mechanics like pair-ups, supports, blocking out, the Event Tiles, etc. and the Prologue is an actual mission so I want to not make that page 10 times bigger than Premonition.

I was planning on rewriting another couple drafts here before I post the thread, but which FE LP style do you think fits best between showing off an FE designed for newcomers while also engaging with the vets?

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Peruse the existing FE LPs; Blastinus's FE8 is the latest to hit the archives.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!

Tae posted:

I'll get on that, though do I do it once or every time it's used?

In my FE4 LP I put music links in whenever the music shifted from one track to another for the most part. I mentioned battle music or enemy phase music the first time it came up for each track, but ignored it otherwise unless it played during a cutscene. Awakening's even friendlier in that aspect since the battle music is the same as the player phase music but with more instruments. I'd recommend linking the player phase music at the start of a given map, then midway through linking the battle music (I think they're all titled *Map music* Ablaze in the soundtrack). For cutscenes link music as it changes in game.

quote:

I decided to explain the stats at least for this chapters because I'm going to explain another stack of basic mechanics like pair-ups, supports, blocking out, the Event Tiles, etc. and the Prologue is an actual mission so I want to not make that page 10 times bigger than Premonition.

I was planning on rewriting another couple drafts here before I post the thread, but which FE LP style do you think fits best between showing off an FE designed for newcomers while also engaging with the vets?

I'd still recommend putting mechanics heavy stuff in side-updates that get posted along with main updates. That way newcomers who don't really understand the formulas have that as a handy reference linked in the OP instead of having to try to remember what chapter X mechanic was explained in, and veterans can just skip over it if they know it all. Past that, yea just look at some other FE LPs and crib off of them. That's mostly what I did and I think it turned out ok. I will say if you're up to it, Hafl showed strategies and movement on the field very well in his Gaiden LP by doing things like this:

It's a bit more effort, and I'm not sure if big arrows and text boxes would work as well with Awakening's improved graphics and artstyle, but I think it's a pretty simple and easy to understand way of explaining what exactly you're doing.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The arrows alone help a bunch, I find. It's not quite the same thing but when Paul.Power did the Advance Wars 1 and 2 stiff, just the mere addition of the arrows showing who moved where and such made it much easier to follow without having played the games already. You could reasonably get away with those even in Awakening, I think. The extra text on-top of everything else would probably add far, far too much clutter though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

This Game Sucks: Let's Play Kirby's Adventure!

The way you talk makes me think of honey just oozing down a spoon. slowly. slooowly. I love it.

• Locked thread