Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

DrManiac posted:

For anyone not in the know, this game is still broken as poo poo. Like, they just released a patch that didn't fix anything and added more bugs broken.

Thanks for this, I was thinking about picking it up until I saw this. I'll probably just go back to playing Sim City 4. Or maybe Cities in Motion 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Hey Tony, any chance of matching the Origin offer on Tomb Raider?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

AmazonTony posted:

I've literally heard nothing from them in weeks, I am going to try and start sending weekly fruit baskets. We got to the point where we were all like "all right let's do this" and then...nothing.

Whoops, knew I was forgetting something.

Mainly wondering if you think you'll be getting Steam keys out of the deal for the Rise of Games. I have faith in your persistence and Rhode Islands need of money that you'll eventually get the games. Just wondering if it'll be a download, or something I can add to my Steam list.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ragingsheep posted:

Hey Tony, any chance of matching the Origin offer on Tomb Raider?

Tomb Raider installs through Steam and is Steamworks, even if you buy it through Origin, so if that's a thing holding you back, don't worry.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Drifter posted:

Tomb Raider installs through Steam and is Steamworks, even if you buy it through Origin, so if that's a thing holding you back, don't worry.
AmazonTony has earned a lot of loyalty in this thread. I know I'd rather give amazon money as opposed to Origin.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Darkhold posted:

AmazonTony has earned a lot of loyalty in this thread. I know I'd rather give amazon money as opposed to Origin.

the DEALS, man. :unsmigghh:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Darkhold posted:

Yeah, given the choice, I'd rather give the money to the company that's this involved with the community, and when they were all of 36 hours late with a TV episode, gave me twice its worth in store credit. Amazon is hella alright by me.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.
Hey guys,

On the Tomb Raider sale you're asking about, I'm in Iceland so Origin is showing me Euro prices and I am terribad with currency conversion but I BELIEVE the deal is currently at $32 USD right?

No we won't be matching this because we'll have a much better offer in a couple of weeks my VPN crapped out on my so I can't check my promotional calendar to confirm dates. When I'm back in the office I'll confirm.

AmazonTony fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Apr 26, 2013

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

It's $24/29, 50% off.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Not_Log posted:

It's $24/29, 50% off.

Ah, in that case then, we'll have the same deal, not a better one (50% off) soon, again, not sure on the exact dates but will confirm in a couple of days.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm waiting on Amazon to match the deal then. Can wait a few weeks and I'll reward Tony's amazing effort instead of giving money to Origin or other sellers.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Hey, Dark Souls is on sale for Xbox for $20; do you think you could get them to match that for PC download? I really want to get it.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Rashomon posted:

Hey, Dark Souls is on sale for Xbox for $20; do you think you could get them to match that for PC download? I really want to get it.
To be honest, unless you really want the game now, I would wait since IIRC Amazon had it down to $7.50 around Christmas and maybe one other time before then (I think Thanksgiving/Black Friday, but I might be wrong about that)... And yes, I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on that. :(

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

Wait, $7.50? Are you sure? I know it got down to $15 during Christmas on Amazon ($20 with a coupon code for 25% off) because I bought it then as a gift for someone, but I didn't see it ever get below that (or I would have bought it for myself). I know it never went below $20 on Steam.

In any case, if Amazon had it for $20 right now, I would buy it.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I was going for 15 bucks really recently, like a week or so ago.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

I guess I missed it. :( I just wanna play Dark Souls and don't want to pay full price, is that too much to ask?

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Rashomon posted:

I guess I missed it. :( I just wanna play Dark Souls and don't want to pay full price, is that too much to ask?

It's worth every cent, so don't feel too bad if you absolutely positively have to play it now.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yeah I bought it as soon as it came out on PC and hundreds of hours later I consider it 40 bucks well spent. Of course it also created a hunger that could only be satisfied by spending 200+ dollars on a PS3 and Demon's Souls, so watch out for that.

Baish
Jul 29, 2010

Yeah Tony, any Dark Souls sales soon?

Noirex
May 30, 2006

I'm waiting on Dishonored myself...anything planned, Tony?

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I'd be interested in a Rocksmith sale if that could be done (I just got the cable and tried the demo today and it seems fantastic), though it looks like Amazon doesn't carry the DLC for it.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

AmazonTony posted:

Ah, in that case then, we'll have the same deal, not a better one (50% off) soon, again, not sure on the exact dates but will confirm in a couple of days.

It's actually 20 at GMG !

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I'm finally working my way through New Vegas, but never picked up the DLC for it. $5 a piece is a bit too pricey for my cheap college self. Any chance of a deal?

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
The ultimate edition is 19.99 on Amazon currently. http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas-Ultimate-Edition-Pc/dp/B0065NP39E That's got all the DLC bundled. Never seen sales on individual DLC for Fallout off console, though...

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Tony, any chance on matching Dirt franchise sale on Steam? (or even improve :allears:)

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So I got a $3 gift card through bing rewards, what should I blow it on guys?

Anything decent going on sale soon I get with that much Tony?

Reading it typed up this actually comes off as alot sadder then it is.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

cheezit posted:

The ultimate edition is 19.99 on Amazon currently. http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas-Ultimate-Edition-Pc/dp/B0065NP39E That's got all the DLC bundled. Never seen sales on individual DLC for Fallout off console, though...

Oh I'm an idiot. I just assumed there was a digital download version of the DLCs on Amazon, I guess not. I have the base game. Maybe they'll be docked in the summer steam sale or if steam does a random Bethesda sale.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

ImPureAwesome posted:

Oh I'm an idiot. I just assumed there was a digital download version of the DLCs on Amazon, I guess not. I have the base game. Maybe they'll be docked in the summer steam sale or if steam does a random Bethesda sale.
DLCs were $2.50 each in the Steam sale when I picked them up (maybe Thanksgiving '11?), though I think that was before the Ultimate Edition existed -- not sure if they still get individual discounts.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

A Violence Gang posted:

DLCs were $2.50 each in the Steam sale when I picked them up (maybe Thanksgiving '11?), though I think that was before the Ultimate Edition existed -- not sure if they still get individual discounts.

Yeah, that's about when I picked up New Vegas, but skimpted on the DLC. Now that I'm actually playing it, definitely regretting missing out, but I'd rather buy them in a sale.

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

Next time it goes 50% off all of it will be 50% off so it will actually be cheaper to just buy the ultimate edition by $1.25. Unless you refuse to play with gun runner's arsenal/courier's stash or only need one of the DLCs I'd just accept the weird upgrade path.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Whenever you choose, they are 100% worth buying. You'll hear as many different rankings of the DLCs as mathematically possible but everyone will agree this probably is the best set of DLC ever released.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Hey guys,

Upcoming deals starting tomorrow (all activate on Steam):

Codemasters Action Pack: $12.49 contains:

1. Clive Barkers Jericho
2. Damnation
3. Maelstrom: The Battle for Earth Begins
4. Overlord 2
5. Overlord: Raising Hell
6. Overlord
7. Rise of the Argonauts

Damnation: $4.99
Maelstrom: The Battle for Earth Begins: $2.49
Clive Barkers Jericho: $2.49
F1 2010: $12.49
Overlord: Raising Hell: $4.99
Dirt 2: $4.49
F1 Race Stars: $19.99
Rise of the Argonauts: $4.49
FUEL: $4.99
Hospital Tycoon: $2.49
Dirt 3: $8.49
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising: $6.99
Overlord: $2.49
Grid: $6.99
F1 2011: $13.99
Overlord 2: $4.49
F1 2012: $19.99
Operation Flashpoint Red River: $6.99
Dirt Showdown: $9.99

AmazonTony fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 2, 2013

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Was overlord 2 good? I thought Overlord 1 was a good idea(Pikmin owns) but I got bored with it. Can't really remember my exact issue.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Was overlord 2 good? I thought Overlord 1 was a good idea(Pikmin owns) but I got bored with it. Can't really remember my exact issue.

Overlord 2 is definitely better, but ultimately more of the same.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Overlord 2 is very disappointing. The animations of everything that moved looked like they were highly exaggerated or on crack. It runs at a capped fps and it stands out.
The only good thing they added to the game was reviving minions at a cost. When they addressed the minions getting stuck in places, they made them randomly disappear, even when the game hiccups and costs you half your army. The usefulness of your Greens are almost nonexistent. The maps do not benefit them at all and you spend lots of time without any minions or full of murder machines that make the bombers and flamers from Overlord look harmless. The sections are basically divided between Romans and monsters. They stand in place and acts like the same puzzle you solved many times already and they respawn if you don't kill them fast enough. Lots of stun-locking if you fight them yourself.

An early dungeon full of crafting gems appear early in the game. If you don't spend an hour or so grinding them, you will be stuck with nothing to make that requires them, for many hours. The stuff you make for your Overlord is nebulous in its effectiveness and is basically taking an extra hit or two with each tier and not any of the fun stuff from Overlord. Your Overlord is also considerably weaker and won't fight multiple enemies on his own. Your UI is minimized and won't display what spells you can use and need to be held down for a short time or longer. Do you want to mind control or murder? Could be a second or two difference with charging up spells or overcharging and ruining your Overlord's growth.

The story is boring and the ending is a literal waste of time and effort. Be prepared to be killed by siege engines at the start. A terrible port. If Overlord was boring, you will not get halfway done with Overlord 2.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 2, 2013

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Updated Codemasters deals regarding the Dirt 66% off and the Bundle pricing:

Codemasters Action Pack: $12.49 contains:

1. Clive Barkers Jericho
2. Damnation
3. Maelstrom: The Battle for Earth Begins
4. Overlord 2
5. Overlord: Raising Hell
6. Overlord
7. Rise of the Argonauts

Damnation: $4.99
Maelstrom: The Battle for Earth Begins: $2.49
Clive Barkers Jericho: $2.49
F1 2010: $12.49
Overlord: Raising Hell: $4.99
Dirt 2: $4.99
F1 Race Stars: $19.99
Rise of the Argonauts: $4.49
FUEL: $4.99
Hospital Tycoon: $2.49
Dirt 3: $8.49
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising: $6.99
Overlord: $2.49
Grid: $6.99
F1 2011: $13.99
Overlord 2: $4.49
F1 2012: $19.99
Operation Flashpoint Red River: $6.99
Dirt Showdown: $9.99

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Hey Tony, since you mentioned clive barker, is there any possibility you could convince EA of releasing Undying as a download? I'd be all over that.

EDIT: Oh hey, I just realized Gog has it available. Well, never mind.

advanced statsman fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 2, 2013

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Are the Dirt games any good? Kinda want to pick up a racing game but I'm not sure which of the series is the best.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Lord Lambeth posted:

Are the Dirt games any good? Kinda want to pick up a racing game but I'm not sure which of the series is the best.

Dirt 2 is awesome. It's a totally accessible racing game and a hell of a lot of fun. It has some annoyances, and Dirt 3 fixes a few specific ones, but ultimately the races are so short that it's a worse game overall. So go with Dirt 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Dirt 2 is awesome. It's a totally accessible racing game and a hell of a lot of fun. It has some annoyances, and Dirt 3 fixes a few specific ones, but ultimately the races are so short that it's a worse game overall. So go with Dirt 2.

How short exactly are we talking about here? I'm not a huge fan of a lot of the 4+ minute races the newer NFS games had, so the short Dirt 3 races might work well for me.

• Locked thread