Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onecanofsprite
Oct 10, 2012

Torino posted:

we still haven't really seen what's up with that bomb.

My guess is that they have 20 days for the game to end (by somebody winning a trial as the killer or not enough people being left alive for any more murders to be committed).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Torino posted:

Well, he has basically told everyone to please try and kill him, so the question is whether anyone takes him up on that offer, or at least tries to.
It might actually be funny if literally every murder in the game happens because someone tried to kill Komaeda and screwed up and killed someone else, though. (...I hope not, though.)
What I'm more interested in is whether Komaeda will actually kill anyone.

I'm assuming Komaeda is going to last a while though; DR1 had Monobear giving everyone 'motives', and so it looks like he could be acting as the main catalyst for murders in this game instead of that. Then again, we still haven't really seen what's up with that bomb.

It would be so fantastic if, when the bomb "went off", monobear let them all off of the island. How despairing that all of your dead friends died for literally no reason! If you'd just lived a happy life together like monomi told you, you'd all be alright!

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Torino posted:

Well, he has basically told everyone to please try and kill him, so the question is whether anyone takes him up on that offer, or at least tries to.

Imagine if Nagito's death is a complete accident. Just an act of god or self-made accident where no one was even trying to murder him. That'd be the most satisfying way for him to go. :allears:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Suzuki Method posted:

Imagine if Nagito's death is a complete accident. Just an act of god or self-made accident where no one was even trying to murder him. That'd be the most satisfying way for him to go. :allears:

Complete accidents go against what we've learned about his talent.

Yggdrasil325
Jul 24, 2011

pandaK posted:

Complete accidents go against what we've learned about his talent.

I imagine if Komaeda is ever the culprit his execution will just be a complete accident. Like, Monobear has some elaborate deathtrap set up, and it just collapses on him before it starts.

Rith
Oct 10, 2012

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!
Personally, I'd like to see Hinata snap and kill Komaeda. I think it'd be interesting to see our protagonist commit murder, particularly as he's worried in the past about whether he can trust himself not to, and Komaeda certainly seems to get under Hinata's skin. (And everyone else's skin, of course - Komaeda seems to spend most of his time in the skins of his classmates, like some sort of horrific hermit crab - but particularly Hinata's, I think, although perhaps it just seems that way because we're inside Hinata's head.) Goodness knows how the trial would work if you were trying to get away with a murder, though.

I'll admit I want this in part because it'd almost certainly have to be the last trial of the game, and I'd like Komaeda to stick around for a while. A lot of people are finding him irritating, it seems, but he sort of fascinates me.

(EDIT:

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I don't know why people keep suggesting that the player-controlled detective in a murder mystery should become a murderer. That only goes against the entire formula and premise of a murder mystery.

This is true, of course. I sometimes forget to think of this game as a murder mystery specifically, rather than just a story.)

Rith fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 30, 2013

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I don't know why people keep suggesting that the player-controlled detective in a murder mystery should become a murderer. That only goes against the entire formula and premise of a murder mystery. (Don't give me any examples to the contrary, I don't give a gently caress about "Bob did that in his great mystery [name]".)

I don't think that big bomb-looking object actually is a bomb, but I don't think Monobear will tell the students anything about what it is until it thinks the time is right. Blowing up the students who refuse to kill proves nothing, but it serves his goals nicely to let their imaginations make them THINK it's a bomb.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

I don't know why people keep suggesting that the player-controlled detective in a murder mystery should become a murderer. That only goes against the entire formula and premise of a murder mystery. (Don't give me any examples to the contrary, I don't give a gently caress about "Bob did that in his great mystery [name]".)

I don't think that big bomb-looking object actually is a bomb, but I don't think Monobear will tell the students anything about what it is until it thinks the time is right. Blowing up the students who refuse to kill proves nothing, but it serves his goals nicely to let their imaginations make them THINK it's a bomb.

Makes sense, if they think it's a bomb, they'll kill to get off the island, and create despair. I think that it will do absolutely nothing, because realising that all the murders done to escape the island to avoid getting blown were pointless would be such a despairing thought.

ultrakirby64
Dec 30, 2012
Just wondering, but how's the whole tamagotchi thing going? It's been awhile since we saw that it died.

Apollo Justice
Apr 28, 2013

Believe me, any comic relief I may provide is entirely unintentional.

ultrakirby64 posted:

Just wondering, but how's the whole tamagotchi thing going? It's been awhile since we saw that it died.

I believe Oren mentioned that we'd being seeing the pet again soon.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Gensuki posted:

It would be so fantastic if, when the bomb "went off", monobear let them all off of the island. How despairing that all of your dead friends died for literally no reason! If you'd just lived a happy life together like monomi told you, you'd all be alright!
"Bomb? What bomb? I never said there was a bomb. Oh, what, you mean this gigantic sphere clock here?"

Seriously, I imagine everything would be better off if someone just heroically sacrificed themselves to kill Nagito and then revealed the murder to everyone else. Otherwise, the murders inevitably continue. Two deaths in trade for who knows how many. The question is, who would do it? I'm not sure if there are any Sakuras in this group.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Yeah, this might be a bit difficult to pull off while preserving the mystery. The only way I could see it being done is if the protagonist doesn't know that he's the killer. For instance, if the victim attacks the protagonist, he passes out, and the next time the victim is seen is as a corpse. Then they could pull a trick such as "the protagonist struggled with the victim while half-conscious, and ended up stabbing them".

Plus, they wouldn't actually kill off the main character in the middle of the game. The only way they could really pull off a "decoy protagonist" trick is if the supposed main character was the first victim, and the real protagonist was someone else.

Gensuki posted:

Indeed. It'd be especially despairing to find out that all of Monomi's rules still applied, including the part about collecting Hope Shards. If everyone had just settled down and become friends, they would have gotten off the island no matter what Monobear did. Perhaps this is what Monomi meant when she said escaping the island was "no longer possible"; with two of the students dead, no one can get the required amount of hope shards anymore.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I think that's a distinct possibility, that the system was set up to allow them all to leave only once all the Hope Shards had been collected. If that's the case, it lends a lot of credence to the idea that this is some sort of rehabilitation program administered by Usami (or rather, her controller). And then Monobear came to ruin it all, and now, because Togami and Hanamura are dead, it's impossible to obtain the Hope Shards, so whatever's preventing them from leaving can't be unlocked.
Also, hahaha, no, Hinata isn't going to kill anyone. And nobody's selfless enough to "take one for the team". Lots of crazy twists are possible, but those two are probably not among them.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I like how already the game is slightly teasing us about Saionji being the Syo of this game. Particularly the uncaring smelly rear end in a top hat part. It'll be interesting to see how she pushes everyone's buttons now that she has her latch Koizumi, who I guess functions as a more willing Togami in that she probably doesn't despise Saionji. One thing i'd like to point with her supposed new partner is that if Koizumi were to get killed or be a killer then Saionji would be kinda be screwed with how she'll be left with possibly little friends and possibly the only person who could tie her obi.

Torino
Mar 6, 2013

If I could find a way to put my own soul into a computer, that would surely create a true “strong AI”...

GenericMartini posted:

I like how already the game is slightly teasing us about Saionji being the Syo of this game. Particularly the uncaring smelly rear end in a top hat part. It'll be interesting to see how she pushes everyone's buttons now that she has her latch Koizumi, who I guess functions as a more willing Togami in that she probably doesn't despise Saionji. One thing i'd like to point with her supposed new partner is that if Koizumi were to get killed or be a killer then Saionji would be kinda be screwed with how she'll be left with possibly little friends and possibly the only person who could tie her obi.

And you know what forming a bond in Dangan Ronpa (usually) means! :unsmith: .... :smith:

(Unless they surprise me both and make it to the endgame.)

But I do have a feeling the obi-tyng will become important later on, evidence bullet or not. ...speaking of which, I never really thought about it much until now but a kimono is -really- drat heavy and hot. It consists of multiple layers, which is why it can be impossible for someone to put it on and take it off themselves. Stuck on a tropical island in one for a few days, I feel bad for her now.

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009
It'd be nice if the details about Saionji's obi are left here in the open now, but not dwelt upon for at least one or two cases. Like a detail that rewards an astute player by being an easily missed clue because of its timing.

As for the dancer herself... I am not sure if shes so psycho beyond squishing arachnids and acting like a bratty tart all the time. Sure, she could be pulling a fast one by *acting* like she can be helpless in order to attract a stooge (kinda like Celes with Yamada...) but given that Japanese formal dancing is, well, formal as all get out, I have to wonder if the face she's been presenting to the other characters is everything she *can't* do or say within the confines of her SHSL powers and the people that'd attract.

TigressLiet
May 2, 2013

I bet Komaeda is playing in the island frolicking around talking about hope.

-Tigress

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TigressLiet posted:

I bet Komaeda is playing in the island frolicking around talking about hope.

-Tigress

Hi, welcome to Something Awful. Don't sign your posts.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Anywhere. Don't sign them anywhere. Your username is right there. We see it.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Agreed, please use your sig!

e: wow, have sigs been completly disabled on nonfyadlites? I havent clicked that checkbox in years

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
EDIT: Point taken.

HMS Boromir fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 2, 2013

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
We just had a sticky about this! Report it, don't post about it!

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target
So I've been wondering this for a while now but why exactly were the other parts of the island blocked off? What's so special about the other pieces of the island that Monobear decided that only giant death mecha animal guards could keep the students from them?
Maybe Monobear just wanted to keep them all in place, but he could've just kept the gates up if it were as simple a motivation as that.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

psychoticBacofoil posted:

So I've been wondering this for a while now but why exactly were the other parts of the island blocked off? What's so special about the other pieces of the island that Monobear decided that only giant death mecha animal guards could keep the students from them?
Maybe Monobear just wanted to keep them all in place, but he could've just kept the gates up if it were as simple a motivation as that.

What's so special about the other floors of the school in Dangan Ronpa 1? Somebody dies, everyone else gets more room to move around it. That's Monobear's MO.

lodoubt
Apr 9, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
FIIIINALLY up to date on all these Dangan Ronpa LPs. It's been a rollercoaster of a 6 days. Almost halfway through the novel, which is using a quirk that I have never seen or heard of for a protagonist, ever.

Also just to orient myself since I haven't read all 250 previous pages of comments, what is the DR1 spoiler policy? What I HAVE read SEEMED to not really have a concrete pattern as to whether or not they are okay. Is it a matter of how explicit you get?

Also, given Togami's presence in the cast up until recently, which means that it seems fair game to solve the mystery using puzzle pieces from DR1, I am currently speculating that Monomi is Aoi because she's the only female member of the original cast who could possibly keep up this persona this long, unless Fukawa grew another personality or something and Monobear is Alter Ego, who got super mad that they just left him behind. Seriously, the more I think of it, the more it does seem really cruel and *protagonistlogic* that they left without investigating whether Alter Ego was still alive in the network somehow... :C

I will reserve judgement on whether this is the matrix or not until we get our allotted share of weird stuff for this new island.

It'll be really weird to see how the endgame of this resolves, considering that it doesn't seem quite as likely that Monobear and Monomi are being controlled from the place they're in. Not only have each of them made statements about this, but if they were, that would mean we'd be looking at either a 17th AND 18th student, or some kind of SHSL Multitasker or Telekinesis user to explain how 16 students, Monobear, and Monomi can all be in the same place at once. And well, that much extra shenanigans just doesn't seem... 'fair'.

EDIT: Removed spoiler tags under advice.

lodoubt fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 4, 2013

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.

Stroth posted:

What's so special about the other floors of the school in Dangan Ronpa 1? Somebody dies, everyone else gets more room to move around it. That's Monobear's MO.
The second floor had the library, the third floor had the recreation room and the magazines, the fourth floor had the principal's office, the control room and lots of other stuff, and the fifth floor had the murder classroom and the morgue.

Then again, Monobear didn't have any reason to open the floors in DR1, either, so your point still stands.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

SingerOfW posted:

The second floor had the library, the third floor had the recreation room and the magazines, the fourth floor had the principal's office, the control room and lots of other stuff, and the fifth floor had the murder classroom and the morgue.

Then again, Monobear didn't have any reason to open the floors in DR1, either, so your point still stands.

I can understand Junko's motivation there. If you have most of the cast murder each other, and then reveal to them they were friends all along then that will cause more despair. They're also more likely to believe it if they kinda figure it out for themselves than if she just outright told them.

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.

Prison Warden posted:

I can understand Junko's motivation there. If you have most of the cast murder each other, and then reveal to them they were friends all along then that will cause more despair. They're also more likely to believe it if they kinda figure it out for themselves than if she just outright told them.
Not to mention that it's more entertaining for the show's audience.

My guess is that Monobear 2.0 simply doesn't want to repeat Junko's mistakes, so they didn't want to give too much freedom to the students. And hey, having huge robots guard the "exits" from the island is pretty despair-inducing.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

lodoubt posted:

FIIIINALLY up to date on all these Dangan Ronpa LPs. It's been a rollercoaster of a 6 days. Almost halfway through the novel, which is using a quirk that I have never seen or heard of for a protagonist, ever.

Also just to orient myself since I haven't read all 250 previous pages of comments, what is the DR1 spoiler policy? What I HAVE read SEEMED to not really have a concrete pattern as to whether or not they are okay. Is it a matter of how explicit you get?

Also, given Togami's presence in the cast up until recently, which means that it seems fair game to solve the mystery using puzzle pieces from DR1, I am currently speculating that Monomi is Aoi because she's the only female member of the original cast who could possibly keep up this persona this long, unless Fukawa grew another personality or something and Monobear is Alter Ego, who got super mad that they just left him behind. Seriously, the more I think of it, the more it does seem really cruel and *protagonistlogic* that they left without investigating whether Alter Ego was still alive in the network somehow... :C

I will reserve judgement on whether this is the matrix or not until we get our allotted share of weird stuff for this new island.

It'll be really weird to see how the endgame of this resolves, considering that it doesn't seem quite as likely that Monobear and Monomi are being controlled from the place they're in. Not only have each of them made statements about this, but if they were, that would mean we'd be looking at either a 17th AND 18th student, or some kind of SHSL Multitasker or Telekinesis user to explain how 16 students, Monobear, and Monomi can all be in the same place at once. And well, that much extra shenanigans just doesn't seem... 'fair'.

Anything we've seen in the DR1 LP is completely kosher. No need for spoiler bars.

I'm... really kind of doubtful that's the origin we're going to see for Monobear, since it can't really have been that long since DR1 (due to Togami's presence) so we don't really have time for Alter Ego to go completely bonkers, but it is a popular theory about Monobear and Monomi that they're AIs. Especially if the stinger of DR1 is a real thing that actually happened (Monobear getting up and still being alive after Junko died). That would prevent the game from repeating the first game's tricks, though I can't help but feel that just about any currently workable theory of who the hell Monobear/Monomi are right now feels... kind of cheap?

Every character from this game has been seen on screen with both of them, so it doesn't seem like they're being controlled by anyone we've met this game. That is, unless we're going to see the same trick as the first one, which won't really be satisfying. Or they could be people who survived DR1, but I think for Monobear it'd be completely breaking character for it to be any of them. Or they could be completely independent AIs or completely unseen characters, which isn't playing fair as a mystery.

Personally the only satisfying/fair idea I've had is that Monobear is an AIs but they're in the employ of someone else in the DR2 cast, but it's impossible to justify that yet.

I'm actually pretty convinced of the idea that someone from DR1 is behind Monomi, though I don't want to point fingers. You can make an extremely strong case that Togami was never mindwiped like most of the cast seem to have been since he kept wink-nudge alluding to the events of the last game and his character development was intact. Thus, given Monobear's claim that Monomi mindwiped the cast, it'd seem that there would be some relationship between Togami and Monomi, hence some relationship between Monomi and the DR1 cast. (If Monobear could be an AI she might also be an AI, but I think some some relationship between her and the DR1 folks has to be there.)

Falls Down Stairs fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 3, 2013

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Two things to note, though. Monobear mentioned something about one of the students not belonging (probably our protagonist, but that seems too predictable?), and we've seen that the SHSL Gamer can multitask quite well.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

everythingWasBees posted:

Two things to note, though. Monobear mentioned something about one of the students not belonging (probably our protagonist, but that seems too predictable?), and we've seen that the SHSL Gamer can multitask quite well.

Nah, I'm still convinced that's Togami, because Togami's classmates were the DR1 cast and not these guys. This still holds if Togami was an imposter and not the same character as the first game (definitely my least favourite popular theory) because someone else using Byakuya Togami's identity doesn't change who Byakuya Togami's classmates are supposed to be. I don't think anyone's ever made a good case for it being someone else.

And she can't multitask that well, she had to avoid speaking to Hinata while she was playing her games.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

lodoubt posted:

[...]

Well, since you're asking about posting, Falls Down Stairs answers the spoiler issue. In relation to spoilers though, you don't need to spoiler tag theories. That's misuse, so I would steer clear from that. Similarly, there's no evidence to justify why the two mascot characters have to be a character from the previous game. Togami being here doesn't mean everyone else is involved, and that actually revolves around the mystery as to why he's there to begin with. It'd be better to come up with a theory for that first. Also, "feeling" it isn't the best evidence.

As for the extra students not seemingly being fair, Monobear isn't actually fair. He just tries to be perceived as fair. Keep in mind the false final trial of the first game.

[e: Removed spoiler tag.]

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Nah, I'm still convinced that's Togami, because Togami's classmates were the DR1 cast and not these guys. This still holds if Togami was an imposter and not the same character as the first game (definitely my least favourite popular theory) because someone else using Byakuya Togami's identity doesn't change who Byakuya Togami's classmates are supposed to be. I don't think anyone's ever made a good case for it being someone else.

And she can't multitask that well, she had to avoid speaking to Hinata while she was playing her games.

To be fair, it could just as easily be Nagito as well. General attitude in the thread was that he was a SHSL Despair agent, given his bizarre obsession with despair inducing hope. If Monomi is genuinely not "in" on Monobear's plans, then she may have not intended him to be there and he found a way to sneak in. It's already been implied that he seems to know our hero's SHSL talent, after all. I doubt she's not involved, but this is still pretty viable too.

CrashScreen fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 3, 2013

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Prison Warden posted:

Brings to mind "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"- First game was people killing each other who were once the dearest of friends. Second game goes the other way 'round and has people becoming friends (Monomi's cruelty) who were once violent, murdering arch-enemies (We see that that's not entirely uncommon at Hope's Peak in DR:Zero).

I think that it would be an extremely neat twist if Monobear, despite trying to get them to kill one another, were actually the one tasked with saving them despair.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

CrashScreen posted:

To be fair, it could just as easily be Nagito as well. General attitude in the thread was that he was a SHSL Despair agent, given his bizarre obsession with despair inducing hope. If Monomi is genuinely not "in" on Monobear's plans, then she may have not intended him to be there and he found a way to sneak in. It's already been implied that he seems to know our hero's SHSL talent, after all. I doubt she's not involved, but this is still pretty viable too.

"Despair-inducing hope" was a translation mistake. :v: I still think he's a SHSL Despair guy but I think that all these kids have something to do with SHSL Despair.

Nagito is admittedly really problematic and has done several things that don't make logical sense if his backstory is as straightforward as being a random lunatic who just happened to be picked by the SHSL Good Luck lottery, like having seemingly impossible insight into Hinata's thought processes. But these things aren't clues that he's not actually a classmate of these kids. I haven't seen any clues that directly imply he shouldn't be here without some sort of leap in reasoning.

Togami having other classmates is such direct a clue. It's about as direct a clue as we can get that he wasn't actually a classmate of these kids.

It could technically be Nagito, but not nearly "just as easily" as it could be Togami.

fake edit: While I'm at it, let's put a theory on the board why Nagito now seems to remember things like Hinata's talent. We know he's had off-screen contact with Monobear, because he got the information how to overload the lodge's power from him. Monobear promised to restore the memories of whoever got the murder-game going. Maybe he restored Nagito's memory when Nagito contacted him and asked for help planning a murder? And then Monobear screwed Hanamura over on this promise because he's a dick.

real edit: Hell, let's conjecture a bit and take that idea a step further. Nagito's personality shift when he went crazy was actually drastic enough that Hinata actually wondered if he was still the same person he was speaking to earlier. What if his early nicer personality was genuine, but while he was at Hope's Peak he ended up becoming SHSL Despair, and he actually changed because his memories were restored? Monomi has repeatedly become super afraid whenever Monobear says he's going to restore people's memories, could the reason be that doing so will turn them all Nagito?

real edit 2: I'm thinkin' of this-

orenronen posted:

Is Komaeda... really not the culprit?

And before that... is that really the Komaeda I knew?

No... I cant say I knew Komaeda at all...
I thought I knew him... but I didnt. I had no idea.

I never knew... what he was really like.

Thats... all there is to it.

Falls Down Stairs fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 3, 2013

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm suspicious of Mioda, personally. I wonder if her solo career is actually her breaking off from the organization of despair to do her own despairn'.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
It'd be kind of awesome if every single case in the game is complicated by Komaeda. Like, the next murder gets some Togami-esque crime scene meddling and its just Nagito bein' crazy. Like, he's actively working the difficulty curve.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I'm still willing to bet that this ends up relating back to Zero in some way.
Looking back at the character bios, it seems pretty clear that there isn't any overlap in the cast. Still, all of them (except Matsuda, who Junko decided to target) could end up being the Monobear controller. Which, it seems pretty clear that he has. He became a toy when nobody was controlling him, which means that it's unlikely that there is any sort of AI controlling him. It's entirely feasible somebody made it to the control room from the first game, or, more likely, that there is a second control room.

On the subject of Nagito, I'm guessing he's really a SHSL Despair, or even a SHSL Hope.
And, as we know, SHSL Hopes do exist. The protag from the first game whose name I am completely forgetting, and "Izuru Kamakura," the "school's symbol of hope."

Junko mentioned "crushing" him. Not murdering him, like Matsuda, but "crushing" him. Turning him from a SHSL Hope into a SHSL Despair, perhaps?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm still willing to bet that this ends up relating back to Zero in some way.

Oren has explicitly said that Zero sets up DR2, so this isn't really a novel concept.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
I suspect that Nagito has never undergone a memory wipe, considering that he is able to tell that Hinata has a "special feeling" towards Hope's Peak despite the latter never saying or showing it on the island.

On the subject of Nagito, I'm guessing he's really a SHSL Despair, or even a SHSL Hope.
And, as we know, SHSL Hopes do exist. The protag from the first game whose name I am completely forgetting, and "Izuru Kamakura," the "school's symbol of hope."

Junko mentioned "crushing" him. Not murdering him, like Matsuda, but "crushing" him. Turning him from a SHSL Hope into a SHSL Despair, perhaps?
Naegi is never an official SHSL Hope though. And if Junko managed to "crush" that Izuru guy, he can be the mastermind behind DR2 with his supposed super-talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atroquinine
Apr 27, 2013

Jeek posted:

Naegi is never an official SHSL Hope though.

What do you consider "official"? Naegi's student ID card does change to "SHSL Hope" at the end of DR1.

• Locked thread