Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

DecentHairJelly posted:

gently caress the wildlife exploitation preserve,
gently caress rabid stalkers,
gently caress bloodwing,
gently caress my assassin,
gently caress UVHM

I think I might have to try another character. I can grind my way through the preserve. The enemies are tough, but managable. The only somewhat reliable method I have of dealing with rabid stalkers is firing a badaboom at my feet while in FFYL. I've tried LLM farming and all I've earned is a handful of e-tech relics and a lvl 55 non-elemental butcher, which I'm not impressed with at all. So today I said "gently caress it, I'll just start finishing the story quests and come back when I'm done".

I made it to bloodwing and proceeded to die a good 15-20 times. On my last attempt, I managed to get her to her corrosive form with about 1/3 health left before she put me in FFYL and then proceeded to stand in between me and all of the skags, robbing me of my second wind. Goddamn cheating bitch. Also, her nova attacks would completely wipe out my shield and drop me to about 1500 health regardless if I was using my underleveled 50 bee shield or a lvl 57 adaptive shield with like 5 times the capacity, wtf?

If anyone knows a cheap way to kill that bitch, I'd love to hear it.

Post your build and your gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

DecentHairJelly posted:

gently caress bloodwing,

If anyone knows a cheap way to kill that bitch, I'd love to hear it.

I had help on Bloodwing, but my mainstay for super-hard bosses on UVHM was a lvl 50 Sand Hawk (Reward from the mission "Whoops" in Scarlett's Booty) with a lvl 50 Bee shield (farmed from Hunter Hellquist). The Sand Hawk shoots 8 rounds per shot in a burst which all receive full Bee damage. If you go back to TVHM and get those two it shouldn't take too long to get a good cheese-solution for most of the annoying bosses, even at lvl 50.

The Sand Hawk also benefits a lot from the assassin Vel0city skill which speeds up it's projectiles immensely.

Doing Scarlett early in UVHM also gives you access to the Treasure Room which can be regularly farmed for updated equipment (and legendaries and pearlescents!).

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 29, 2013

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
I have my sniping tree maxed with the exception of Optics and Killer. The rest of my point are in the left side of the cunning tree (currently lvl 58).

Gear:

Slag Anarchist (lvl 55)
Gunstock Maggie (lvl 58)
Speeedee Badaboom (lvl 50)
Jakobs Sniper (lvl 58, 59k damage)

Bee shield (lvl 50)
Contemptible Survivor Mod (lvl 57)
Longbow Bonus Package (lvl 56)
E-tech elemental resist relic (whatever bloodwing uses, I have a couple)

I've been mostly using the two pistols against her. As I've stated, using different shields doesn't seem to make a difference so I stick with the bee. I normally use a class mod which boosts my sniping damage, but she's tough to snipe, so I lean more towards survival. I'll keep an eye out for a pistol mod though. Seems silly that I don't currently have one.

I think if I just kept at it I could beat her eventually. It was just getting really frustrating and I felt like venting.

Also, I gave up with her for now and have now been pushing through the Scarlett DLC in hopes of farming the treasure room. Though I think I'm done playing for today. I work third shift and should probably get to bed in a little bit.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I'd suggest respecing to the Cunning tree and using Death Mark + Death Blossom with those pistols. Make sure to max Ambush and the Double Shot skills. Spend the rest of your points in the Sniper tree on the accuracy and damage skills. If you're still dying a lot you can also use the Bloodshed tree to up your health and get the skill that regens your shield quickly when you kill stuff (skags).

If you have a good SMG (or anything like the Sand Hawk) with your Bee and you keep a rocket launcher for killing skags to get out of FFYL, you should be cool just hitting and running. Abuse the decoy so she novas away from you (and to draw off skags as well) and capitalize on all the Death Blossom effects. Kunai are ridiculous and will hurt her a lot no matter what mode she's in.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Has it been confirmed for certain when Krieg hits? Is it this week/tomorrow for PSn?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was having such a hard time with my grenadier commando in UVHM. My main loadout before UVHM came out was DP Harold, Nasty Kerblaster, Skookum Cobra, and either a Torgue Ravager shotgun or the Nukem, with Big Boom Blaster as a shield, explosive damage relic, Grenadier classmod, and meteor shower grenade mod. The only thing that really stays an ok weapon past 50 is the Harold, because it's just an amazing gun. Everything else does not do well past 55, though.

I just swapped out the Big Boom Blaster for a level 57 explosive nova shield and it's really upped my survivability. I guess soon I'll have to hit up the Torgue DLC and farm some coins for higher level guns from the machines.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
Most of the level 50 gear stops being effective right around 55. I started picking up whatever I found on the ground that would do a decent amount of damage until 61 and started farming for new gear. Farming midgets in WEP is a good way to improve your gear situation at any level.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Feenix posted:

Has it been confirmed for certain when Krieg hits? Is it this week/tomorrow for PSn?

Next week.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

delpheye posted:

Most of the level 50 gear stops being effective right around 55. I started picking up whatever I found on the ground that would do a decent amount of damage until 61 and started farming for new gear. Farming midgets in WEP is a good way to improve your gear situation at any level.

Is that still nerfed? Do I have to do it offline?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Awww, I had it in my mind it was tomorrow. I guess that's still pretty soon. :)

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Speedboat Jones posted:

Is that still nerfed? Do I have to do it offline?

No, it's back to normal. A couple days ago another goon and I ran it and got 4 midgets out of 4. The drops were nothing to write about though.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

delpheye posted:

I found that a 50 Bee, 50 Slagga, and 50 Harold worked pretty good with my UVHM Siren through the high 50s, at least for Ironclad Maniacs and other things that like to run up close to you and gently caress your poo poo up. Finding a good Wild Cat mod and an Eridian relic that boosted my health by 52% and SMG & pistol ammo by 60% helped too so I could just blast away with SMGs of various elemental varieties.

Well, they worked until I got a 58 Slagga and finally hit 61 to throw on my 61 Bee, DP Harold, and other assorted goodies from people.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Dr.Smasher posted:

I found that a 50 Bee, 50 Slagga, and 50 Harold worked pretty good with my UVHM Siren through the high 50s, at least for Ironclad Maniacs and other things that like to run up close to you and gently caress your poo poo up. Finding a good Wild Cat mod and an Eridian relic that boosted my health by 52% and SMG & pistol ammo by 60% helped too so I could just blast away with SMGs of various elemental varieties.

Well, they worked until I got a 58 Slagga and finally hit 61 to throw on my 61 Bee, DP Harold, and other assorted goodies from people.

go from grenadier to shock trooper(comedy option).

also, do you just like, throw grenades all the time at everything? grenade commando sounds kinda fun.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Unkempt Harolds, for better or worse, have saved my rear end from FFYL so often it's not even funny anymore. Deathtrap ain't poo poo. Nuke turrets can't cut it. I doubt the Psycho's dynamite will compare equally at any point.

I really wish there were a pearlescent PBFG or some comparative launcher at 61 but the best I've found are nukems.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

delpheye posted:

go from grenadier to shock trooper(comedy option).

also, do you just like, throw grenades all the time at everything? grenade commando sounds kinda fun.

I haven't started Axton on UVHM yet. I started Sal on it, because there's never a bad time for Gunzerking in UVHM*

*there is if you don't have a slagging weapon, which I found out the hard way

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Dr.Smasher posted:

I haven't started Axton on UVHM yet. I started Sal on it, because there's never a bad time for Gunzerking in UVHM*

*there is if you don't have a slagging weapon, which I found out the hard way

Axton is pretty drat easy mode in UVHM. Grab a slag sniper (because they have really high chances to slag) and you're good to go.

ConcreteHades
Dec 27, 2012
Random note, if anyone's on right now I'm gonna do some Warrior farm runs with both my 'zerker and Commando for Eridium, feel free to hit me up if you want to join in the slaughter.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Get ready for some more paid DLC. Gearbox has a class action lawsuit against it over Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

^^ I see Sega taking a bigger hit in that suit, they likely forced Gearbox to ship an unfinished, incomplete product that they would quickly patch and re-factor when complaints arise. They got hosed by the review embargoes and people rightfully laughing while playing the game. It's a night-and-day difference between Borderlands, and that pile of crap - but let's be realistic here. Can you see a potential for one dev team being outstanding, and sharing resources becoming an issue when you have one major release to support [hotfix /DLC /Patch updates], you expend too much to pump out an entirely different IP which probably shares the same rendering engines but needs art and design from a completely different perspective. Might have also been a lousy initial budget since Sega isn't exactly a top-tier publisher anymore, and that would further stretch Gearbox's ability to extend one dev team's resources into two games.

also
No Psycho download this week, so it's definitely next Tuesday.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Do you guys see the price of this going down any more any time soon? I've been waiting for it to get cheaper for months and it's still 40 dollars + whatever all the DLC costs. Is it worth that much? Since there is more DLC still coming, I'm going to assume we're still months away from a GOTY edition.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Do you guys see the price of this going down any more any time soon? I've been waiting for it to get cheaper for months and it's still 40 dollars + whatever all the DLC costs. Is it worth that much? Since there is more DLC still coming, I'm going to assume we're still months away from a GOTY edition.

Yeah this game owns really hard and is worth whatever you pay for it, especially if you liked the first game. If you wait a week you'll have 6 character classes to choose from and a ton of DLC to absorb.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I can see them throwing out a GOTY edition in 6 months or something. Depends if they plan on doing more story DLC for it after they're done with the season pack, I guess. But yeah, if you liked the first game definitely get this. Despite all the (perhaps justified) bitching about the endgame, the majority of the game is really fun. I would seriously suggest getting it on PC so you can monkey with the drop rates, though- pretty much everyone agrees they're too low. But, hell, I played it on PS3 and I still had a drat good time and will definitely crank it up again once the last season pass story DLC hits.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Alright cool. I guess I'll get the DLC disk too because it seems like not a bad deal. Does anyone know if you get all the DLC costume packs with it? All the information is kinda vague.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Ok if I'm playing solo in UVHM and I defeat the Guardian 10x in a row...what are the chances that I would not get a single orange (PELLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!) but as well as only a couple of vanilla purples?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

For what it's worth, Gamestop's weekly deal today is BL2 at $30 for any platform, which may very well be setting up for a permanent price drop in anticipation of an incoming GOTY edition.

Regardless, with Krieg coming out next week there are going to be more than a few people looking to start again from level 1 - myself included. I've kind of burnt out on power-leveling, and I think a few others are, too.

Oh, one more thing - there's plenty of people who would be more than happy to shower you with any kind of gun you'd be down for. The drop rates in this game are notoriously stingy, and the early grind to town is so much better with a half-decent gun.

HAmbONE posted:

Ok if I'm playing solo in UVHM and I defeat the Guardian 10x in a row...what are the chances that I would not get a single orange (PELLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!) but as well as only a couple of vanilla purples?
That's possible. It's also possible the gun dropped into the moonshot console or the guardian's giblets, which necessitates pixel-bitching until you're directly on top of the item card to pick up that wonderful level 61 Flakker you worked so hard for. have you looked underneath the jawbone to make sure something unique looking didn't get stuck below?

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 1, 2013

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Thank God they're going to fix that long overdue bullshit in the next patch or so they said.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

HAmbONE posted:

If you mean the Warrior, I've seen people on the official forums report over 500 kills with no legendary to show for it!

Edit: Farming him that is, the Moonshot supposedly scores an orange about 75% of the time.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 1, 2013

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Ok thank you for the replies I thought I was going crazy. Of all my playtime and playthroughs with a little bit of farming I've had about 4 natural oranges drop. With the exception of a lvl 28 legendary gunzerker mod (which until you hit 50 was a pretty good headstart), all have been lovely. I know most of the places where items get stuck and god is the warrior easy. I've tried other raid bosses and been destroyed, so far I have been unable to solo Truckasaurus.

edit spelling

HAmbONE fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 2, 2013

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I beat UVHM using a level 50 Binary Rubi and level 50 DP Harold and it wasn't particularly hard. I got my hands on a 61 Harold and it killed stuff faster but I didn't have any trouble on anything that wasn't a raid boss.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit

Greenplastic posted:

I had help on Bloodwing, but my mainstay for super-hard bosses on UVHM was a lvl 50 Sand Hawk (Reward from the mission "Whoops" in Scarlett's Booty) with a lvl 50 Bee shield (farmed from Hunter Hellquist). The Sand Hawk shoots 8 rounds per shot in a burst which all receive full Bee damage. If you go back to TVHM and get those two it shouldn't take too long to get a good cheese-solution for most of the annoying bosses, even at lvl 50.

The Sand Hawk also benefits a lot from the assassin Vel0city skill which speeds up it's projectiles immensely.

Doing Scarlett early in UVHM also gives you access to the Treasure Room which can be regularly farmed for updated equipment (and legendaries and pearlescents!).

Well I went out and picked up a lvl 59 Sand Hawk and holy poo poo you weren't kidding. That did the trick, I beat her on the first try. I've played through Scarlett at least three or four times and I always just sold that thing. I never realized it could be such a monster.

Thanks for the advice.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I guess a Borderlands 2 writer tweeted a picture of the name of the new DLC, and quickly deleted the tweet. Anybody else see this?

http://i.imgur.com/L1KXD91.jpg
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep

Crows Turn Off fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 2, 2013

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I didn't see it, but I just asked someone there if it's accurate. I'll report back!

EDIT: oooo, that's the new DLC title. Apparently it's a lot of fun too, though I'd like to think that goes without saying.

delpheye fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 2, 2013

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I prefer Tiny Tina's Racist Adventure.

Burreeto Burreyeto
Aug 28, 2009

I'm a gay zebra.
5 Keys PC: W35JB-XT66C-ZWFBT-3TTT3-H9F6F
PS3: KB5JJ-J5WXJ-K5WKB-9JCTB-ZTTRC
360:CT5TB-ZFB9R-B3ZJR-KXJTJ-9H5TH

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Yep, it's official:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...Bon%252Btwitter

quote:

2K Games and Gearbox confirmed today that the fourth DLC pack for Borderlands 2 will feature one of the most volatile members of cast. Entitled Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, the adventure sees the vault hunters and Tina kicking back for some classic tabletop fun.

We've gotten the opportunity to play it, and we can't wait to share our impressions with you. For now we'll just let you know that you have much to look forward to when Tina takes over on June 25. The DLC pack will be available for $9.99 or 800 microsoft points. If you've got the season pass, this is the final content included.

If this is an epic-length version of that teaser cutscene they showed at PAX it's going to be awesome.

Blotto Battalion
Mar 30, 2010
This talk of dragons has me picturing a dragon raid boss that is basically Bloodwing the Invincible. That terrifies the crap out of me.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'm expecting something like that Futurama movie where they went into Benders head when he was super into D&D, except funnier hopefully.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
I just want there to be some bandit-y orcs you gotta kill.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

burntpork posted:

I just want there to be some bandit-y orcs you gotta kill.

I want an actual full-on multi-level dungeon to trudge through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burreeto Burreyeto
Aug 28, 2009

I'm a gay zebra.
More codes. Active through May 6.
PC/Mac: 5TK3B-Z9SWC-SWRT3-TJ33T-HZW3B
360: 5J5B3-99K9K-J3HBR-5FJBJ-HK9FF
PS3: W3W33-KJZKT-KKWCJ-9TCT3-BKX33

• Locked thread