Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Meme Emulator posted:

Until they participate in international games and find out Japan has been ranked at the bottom for years!

Have you seen Japanese tanks? The Type-89's the most put-upon tank for a reason, you know :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Artificer posted:

If they don't get upgraded equipment from their school after winning the championship, then the board of directors on their ship has some serious issues, then.

The board of directors did have to have their school bailed about by a bunch of kids who'd never fought in tanks before to win a National Championship. They kinda suck.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Bad Moon posted:

The board of directors did have to have their school bailed about by a bunch of kids who'd never fought in tanks before to win a National Championship. They kinda suck.

This calls for some corporate restructuring around these parts. Possibly with high explosives involved. :v:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Artificer posted:

If they don't get upgraded equipment from their school after winning the championship, then the board of directors on their ship has some serious issues, then.
Well, they got the job done with what they had, clearly that means they don't need any more. Certainly none of the funding for that would otherwise go to the board's hors d'oeuvre budget; I mean, let's keep our priorities straight, here!

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am the culmination of all that is wrong with japan.

Paracelsus posted:

Well, they got the job done with what they had, clearly that means they don't need any more. Certainly none of the funding for that would otherwise go to the board's hors d'oeuvre budget; I mean, let's keep our priorities straight, here!

I don't want to see Oorai get additional funding for Tank Warfare. I enjoyed how they conscripted the volleyball team into the Oorai Armored Division. Having every club in Oorai contribute a part of their funding and members to Tankery would be both funny and unique. Especially when Miho's idea of reinforcements end up being the Tea Serving Club, Swimming Club and the Occult Club.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Wind Tempest posted:

I don't want to see Oorai get additional funding for Tank Warfare. I enjoyed how they conscripted the volleyball team into the Oorai Armored Division. Having every club in Oorai contribute a part of their funding and members to Tankery would be both funny and unique. Especially when Miho's idea of reinforcements end up being the Tea Serving Club, Swimming Club and the Occult Club.

And the Manga Artist's Club, drawing mangas of their tank battles as they happen.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Wind Tempest posted:

Occult Club tank should look like a Chaos tank. :black101:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Artificer posted:

There can be only one tank for the Occult Club

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Artificer posted:

That gives me the idea of a Tabletop gaming club in a tank. Each crew member uses a different army. One Space Marines, one Imperial Guard, one Tau and an Elder or Chaos. Oh the bickering would be palpable. :3:

"Gunner, damage roll against that M6!"

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
If they do a second season with an international tournament between school teams I kinda hope they also do an International tournament with National teams , essentally the team would be Owarai plus:
Maho and Erika in the Tiger, maybe Jagdpanzer-chan
Darjeeling, Orange Pokoe and Assam in the Matilda
Kei in a Sherman (I think) if Alice was with them she'd be radio operator for Kei so she can keep an eye on her and Naomi's Firefly
Katyusha in an IS-8, Nonna in whatever she used to flip the student council's tank

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 25, 2013

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Judging by the lack of a muzzle break, she was in a T-34-85 when she knocked out the Turtle team. I think she switched over to the IS-2 when they repaired the tracks after the 38(t) blew the wheel off.

e: Yeah, Katyusha ordered her to swap over to the IS-2 when it was back up.

Darjeeling etc would probably be in a Churchill or even maybe a Centurion

Anchovy and Carpaccio in a L3/35

Maybe swap out Maho, Erika and Jagdpanther-chan's Tiger I for a German tank destroyer. Quite alot of choices, but anything like a Jagdpanther, Jagdtiger or Ferdinand / Elefant would be golden.

Falken fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 25, 2013

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I had meant for Jagdpanzer-chan to stay in her machine, but upgrading to the Ferdinand or Elefant could be good.
Darjeeling in a Centurion might be good, reason I put them in the Matilda is that in the skirmish match that's what she was in and the rest of the team that we saw was all Churchills

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

It's actually the other way round. She was in a Churchill, rest of the team in Matildas.

e: Well, I got bored, so I'm making a video. Hopefully should come out well.

Falken fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 27, 2013

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVgmB3WNQrM
And here we are. Hope you enjoy!

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

More anime tanks on the way.

Girls & Panzer Anime Gets 2014 Film, New OVA, Fan Disk posted:

Director Tsutomu Mizushima returns for film; new OVA to show battle vs. Anzio

The "Heartful Tank Carnival" event revealed on Sunday that production on an entirely new Girls und Panzer film has been green-lit, and it will open next year. Tsutomu Mizushima is once again directing the project.

In addition, production on an original video anime (OVA) about the battle against Anzio Girls High School has been green-lit. Finally, a fan disk mostly devoted to footage from Sunday's event will go on sale in September.

The anime franchise began with a television series that premiered last October. The story centers around high school girls who drive tanks that exist in real life, as they compete in teams. Crunchyroll and Anime Network both streamed the anime outside Japan.

However, the staff had delayed the last two episodes beyond the scheduled run of the television anime last December. Mizushima personally apologized for the delays, and those episodes, #11 and #12, eventually premiered last month. Mizushima said last year that he personally thinks that the end of episode 12 is not the end of the whole story.

Got to say, Mizushima is probably my favorite active anime director right now.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Awesome.

Also, OVA 4 is Every tank team doing the Anglerfish dance except for Leopon and Anteater who weren't in the squad at the time.

I feel dirty

e: But I did see somewhere some more pictures of OVA 5, and it seems to show Yukari and Erwin dressed as Pravda people performing some espionage.

e2: There's another thing that just has Yukari talking about tanks. Even though it's unsubbed, I know that she's on about how Soviet armor had superior angling to German ones, and that it's important to angle your hull in a fight. :stare:

Falken fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Apr 28, 2013

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Finland? Judging by the screenshot, that's the team that Maho curbstomped.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Uhh, doesn't the rising sun clue you in? That's a chi-ha son :cmon:

(It's the Japanese tank school)

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Well, that's me told.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Yeah, that's the Japanese school, Chi-ha-tan Academy. The kanji are read in a way that makes a pun on the tank's name.

Finland is the school with the big kanji for "Continuation" as its badge (as in the Continuation War).

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Where are you guys finding the OVAs? I've looked in the usual places but I can't find all of them under any one sub group.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

Zettace posted:

Yeah, that's the Japanese school, Chi-ha-tan Academy. The kanji are read in a way that makes a pun on the tank's name.

So either that team will have Glorious Nippon plot armor or be a complete joke in direct combat.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Wind Tempest posted:

So either that team will have Glorious Nippon plot armor or be a complete joke in direct combat.

From playing Men at War the Japanese have some truly :stare: tanks, like steam engine trains that are tanks.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Wind Tempest posted:

Considering how much the show already shits all over Japanese tanks, it'll be the latter.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
There's an apocryphal story about how a Japanese infantry officer nearly singlehandedly took out an M3 Lee using only his horse and a Katana but I'm afraid I can't find it anymore.

That being said, the Japanese did have some fun stuff that the experimented with and if the producers choose to hit the books they may have a team that could appear midly threatening. Oh who am I kidding it'll be Chi-Has everywhere.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Nine of Eight posted:

That being said, the Japanese did have some fun stuff that the experimented with and if the producers choose to hit the books they may have a team that could appear midly threatening. Oh who am I kidding it'll be Chi-Has everywhere.

Chi-Nu and Chi-To would be kinda nice. Too bad about the Chi-Ri and Ho-Ri never seeing more than an unfinished prototype, those would be actually pretty darn threatening. (Chi-Ri was an advanced medium tank with 75mm sloped frontal armor and a long 75mm gun based on an AA weapon. Basically a Chi-To with extra armor and a stronger engine. Extra comedy: It didn't have a hull-mounted machinegun but a hull-mounted 37mm anti-tank gun. Ho-Ri was an Elefant-style tank destroyer on the Chi-Ri chassis armed with IIRC a modifed 105mm coastal defense gun.)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I'd like an all prototype episode. No idea how that would work, maybe the girls would have a metalshop class.

Somehow I figure if WoT can do it, GuP can too.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

If they go for full on prototypes, then the Tsar tank would be required.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Tank

Look at those dubs.

Also...

:3:

e: Looks like there's another Spinoff manga coming. What happened to Maho?? :ohdear:

Falken fucked around with this message at 14:36 on May 1, 2013

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Falken posted:

e: Looks like there's another Spinoff manga coming. What happened to Maho?? :ohdear:
Darjeeling is talking about how the Kuromori team got all their tanks knocked out in the second panel. Probably some super strong school showed up and is beating up the other schools (or for a more comedic guess: Miho let the victory get to her head and is now a huge rear end in a top hat).

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Pretty sure the artist for the spinoff is this one

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In other news, more silly goods have been coming out.

30k yen will get you Akiyama Yukari's rucksack.

Or 3k yen will get you a plush 7.5cm anti-tank round.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I actually want that bag if it comes in a sufficiently large size, I like having enough space to bring all of my books for the days classes in one go.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Even if it is a nice backpack, its not worth 300 dollars.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

Bakanogami posted:

Or 3k yen will get you a plush 7.5cm anti-tank round.

Why does that even exist? Shouldn't it just a plushie M3 Lee?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Plushy StuG, preferably reversible so it can be the normal colour or the colour scheme from the St Gloriana match.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Jesus christ can you imagine explaining that thing?

"Oh hey, cool military-style backpack."

"Thanks. It's $300 and was based on a design from an anime show and was worn by a tank-obsessed anime girl."

Just buy a My Little Pony backpack and save everyone the guessing.

(Okay fine it's not a bad accessory but still).

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Phobophilia posted:

"Thanks."
Why go any further?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Phobophilia posted:

"Thanks. It's $300 and was based on a design from an anime show and was worn by a tank-obsessed anime girl."

Just buy a My Little Pony backpack and save everyone the guessing.

(Okay fine it's not a bad accessory but still).

At my old anime club this would've made me a god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I have a Eagle RAID backpack that has seen service in Iraq. Cost me £80 and has been pretty drat good to me for the past 7 years.

Also I get stopped for security checks at events by police/mil. :v:

• Locked thread