Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

cheesetriangles posted:

New and from a seller.

There's no way to be sure short of asking the seller but it looks like the golden window of 6.1.2 is closing very quickly, or is already shut so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

My i5 is at 6.0.2 right now, is there a way to update to 6.1 and not go straight to 6.1.3?

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Shapur posted:

My i5 is at 6.0.2 right now, is there a way to update to 6.1 and not go straight to 6.1.3?

A5 and newer devices can only install iOS 6.1.3.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

thenotoriouspie posted:

Got it changed 5 minutes ago just for you buddy

I assume the funeral will be closed-casket so friends and loves ones don't see your apps spilling out of all your folders.

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...
Is there no way to restore an iphone 4s (6.1.2 -> 6.1.2) even with saved shsh blobs? My phone is running like utter poo poo, despite removing the tweaks I had that I went through and found redundancies in. I don't have many tweaks, maybe 15 or so not counting default Cydia stuff. I was kinda hoping to wipe stuff out and restore, which seemed to have helped last time I did it before the JB came out.

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong

Tedronai66 posted:

Is there no way to restore an iphone 4s (6.1.2 -> 6.1.2) even with saved shsh blobs? My phone is running like utter poo poo, despite removing the tweaks I had that I went through and found redundancies in. I don't have many tweaks, maybe 15 or so not counting default Cydia stuff. I was kinda hoping to wipe stuff out and restore, which seemed to have helped last time I did it before the JB came out.
Nope, it's impossible. Definitely look at iLEX R.A.T., though. It essentially resets your jailbreak.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
New BiteSMS update today. It claims to be faster and my first impressions are that it is.

Another thing that caught my eye was when typing a long message inside BiteSMS, you can drag down on the bar up top to close the keyboard now. Very nice.

Speaking of BiteSMS, I just realized you can long press on a conversation in the Message window to mute/unmute notifications from that specific thread. Pretty nice.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I have a passcode lock set on my phone for 15 minutes, because typing it in every time is annoying.

Is there any tweak that exists that will let me manually passcode lock the phone with a different button press (double sleep press, whatever)?

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I have a passcode lock set on my phone for 15 minutes, because typing it in every time is annoying.

Is there any tweak that exists that will let me manually passcode lock the phone with a different button press (double sleep press, whatever)?
I think TapTapPass is what you are looking for.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Cawd Rud posted:

I think TapTapPass is what you are looking for.

This looks like it's about half of what I'm looking for.

It took me a bit to figure out. You apparently have to set your passcode to immediate (instead of my usual 15 minutes for instance) for it to work. It bypasses the passcode for a regular sleep button press, but will prompt you for one if you use your assigned Activator gesture.

Although, even if I do a regular sleep button press, I'd still like it to lock after 15 minutes. It doesn't look like it can do this.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

This looks like it's about half of what I'm looking for.

It took me a bit to figure out. You apparently have to set your passcode to immediate (instead of my usual 15 minutes for instance) for it to work. It bypasses the passcode for a regular sleep button press, but will prompt you for one if you use your assigned Activator gesture.

Although, even if I do a regular sleep button press, I'd still like it to lock after 15 minutes. It doesn't look like it can do this.

http://modmyi.com/cydia/be.fllorent0d.autoprotect

It turns off your passcode when connected to whatever wifi you determine safe, and automatically turns it back on when you're not connected to it. It's different than what you're looking for but overall probably a safer/more secure version of what you want.

lemmiwinks
Apr 28, 2003
Fixed. Apparently updating over wifi can sometimes corrupt apps.

lemmiwinks fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Apr 30, 2013

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Are there any free variants of CleverPin?

Edit: AutoProtect works more or less fine.

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 30, 2013

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Live battery indicator got an update where it finally shows when it's charging (my only complaint before)

It gives you a percent number inside a circle where the circle is a progress bar

Battery doctor pro (another awesome app - like ncsettings and sbsettings) got a "free ram toggle" which I think kills all apps. You can whitelist apps too

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

Christoff posted:

Live battery indicator got an update where it finally shows when it's charging (my only complaint before)

It gives you a percent number inside a circle where the circle is a progress bar

Battery doctor pro (another awesome app - like ncsettings and sbsettings) got a "free ram toggle" which I think kills all apps. You can whitelist apps too

Is there no way to keep live battery indicator all the way to the right like the original Apple one?

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Kingnothing posted:

http://modmyi.com/cydia/be.fllorent0d.autoprotect

It turns off your passcode when connected to whatever wifi you determine safe, and automatically turns it back on when you're not connected to it. It's different than what you're looking for but overall probably a safer/more secure version of what you want.

I loved this but it killed my battery.

the_worm_
Mar 11, 2001
My wife has an Iphone4 on 5.01 and she's decided she wants IOS 6 now. Can I update to 6.12 and jailbreak? Or am I stuck updating to 6.13? (the way I read it is since it's A4 it will update?) But I haven't looked into it in awhile.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Well my ipad 4 showed up today running 6.0. Jailbroken successfully. Am I going to miss anything by not being on 6.1.2?

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong

the_worm_ posted:

My wife has an Iphone4 on 5.01 and she's decided she wants IOS 6 now. Can I update to 6.12 and jailbreak? Or am I stuck updating to 6.13? (the way I read it is since it's A4 it will update?) But I haven't looked into it in awhile.
This is possible on a 4 if you saved your SHSH blobs. Otherwise the only thing you can upgrade to is 6.1.3.

cheesetriangles posted:

Well my ipad 4 showed up today running 6.0. Jailbroken successfully. Am I going to miss anything by not being on 6.1.2?
I think the biggest fix since 6.0 was the battery usage issue if you used Exchange.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

the_worm_ posted:

No. You can only restore or upgrade to an iOS version Apple aren't signing if you've got the SHSH blobs saved, and I'm guessing her iPhone wasn't updated to 6.x before Apple stopped signing that version.

If she's got 6.x blobs saved, then she can, but it'd be odd if she updated to 6.0 then down to 5.0.1.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Cawd Rud posted:

I think the biggest fix since 6.0 was the battery usage issue if you used Exchange.

Nope don't use that. Great I am golden then. Time to enjoy all those media streaming subscriptions I signed up for today.

the_worm_
Mar 11, 2001
I had been trying to get the blobs off her phone with TinyUmbrella when she'd let me sync it(which is rare). I don't think that 10B144 is 6.12 though, I think it's vanilla 6.1 (also, I'm not even sure that works)

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

the_worm_ posted:

I had been trying to get the blobs off her phone with TinyUmbrella when she'd let me sync it(which is rare). I don't think that 10B144 is 6.12 though, I think it's vanilla 6.1 (also, I'm not even sure that works)

You can try iOS 6.1 then, you can download that here for GSM and for CDMA

e: unless she updated OTA, because iirc that means those SHSH blobs won't work with the downloaded IPSWs.

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong
Yep, you should be good to restore to 6.1! There's a few ways to go about the actual restore, from using TinyUmbrella itself or iFaith or sn0wbreeze. I'm just glad you were saving them yourself via TinyUmbrella. Cydia wasn't properly saving 6.x SHSH blobs.

the_worm_
Mar 11, 2001
After fighting with TinyUmbrella's TSS server for an hour I downloaded iFaith and updated to 6.1 in 20 minutes.
Thanks guys

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
A couple of questions.

I have an Australian (I'm in Australia, just dunno if this makes any difference) iphone 5 and it's currently on 6.1.3

1. Is 6.1.3 too updated to jailbreak currently? If so, can I downgrade back to an earlier version? If not, is there a current expectation on when this version will be jailbreakable?

2. All the lovely UI things (Metro style lockscreen, some fancy homescreens, etc) are they fairly easy to set up? IS there a pack of commonly used things? Is there a link or website or forum that has a bit more detailed than the nice but a tiny bit sparse OP in this thread?

Thanks guys!

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

You should try reading the thread, buddy.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Holy Christ way wrong thread. Go Red Wings.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.

teacup posted:

A couple of questions.

I have an Australian (I'm in Australia, just dunno if this makes any difference) iphone 5 and it's currently on 6.1.3

1. Is 6.1.3 too updated to jailbreak currently? If so, can I downgrade back to an earlier version? If not, is there a current expectation on when this version will be jailbreakable?

2. All the lovely UI things (Metro style lockscreen, some fancy homescreens, etc) are they fairly easy to set up? IS there a pack of commonly used things? Is there a link or website or forum that has a bit more detailed than the nice but a tiny bit sparse OP in this thread?

Thanks guys!

1. No.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Anybody with experience taking a jailbroken iphone 5 into Europe?

I heard that it's better to buy a prepaid sim and use it while you;re over there than buy AT&Ts international plan.

Just looking for stories and anecdotes I suppose!

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
The Europe mega thread in the Travel subforum of Ask/Tell has a section on getting prepaid sims and/or taking your phone to Europe, IIRC. As far as being jailbroken or not, it doesn't make a difference.

On a different note, does anyone have any recommendations for keyboard tweaks that make typing less of painful experience?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

On a different note, does anyone have any recommendations for keyboard tweaks that make typing less of painful experience?

I love ShowCase. It's a simple tweak, it just shows what case you're typing in, but it makes a lot of difference.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Seconding ShowCase, and throwing in SwipeShiftCaret. Some people like SwipeSelection, but it screwed up typing if you typed too fast (ie, normal speed).

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
I don't know if this is quite the right thread, but it's closest to what I'm looking for.

I'll be traveling to Europe for a week in June, and would like to unlock my Verizon 4S for use with a local SIM while I'm there. I understand Verizon does unlock its iPhones for international use (and the 5 is unlocked from the get-go), but my question is this: Has anyone ever done this before with a jailbroken phone? Will Verizon make me restore my phone, as if it were a real Apple unlock? Will I be able to restore my phone without losing my jailbreak?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Verizon phones are sold unlocked so you should be fine?

If the carrier unlocks it for you yeah you have to restore to get the unlock

Just throw a friends SIM card in there if you're unsure

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Christoff posted:

Verizon phones are sold unlocked so you should be fine?

If the carrier unlocks it for you yeah you have to restore to get the unlock

Just throw a friends SIM card in there if you're unsure

Verizon phones are sold unlocked? So my Nov '12 iPhone 4 only needs a sim and a plan to work in foreign lands?

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

Blimpkin posted:

Verizon phones are sold unlocked? So my Nov '12 iPhone 4 only needs a sim and a plan to work in foreign lands?

I don't think the phones are sold unlocked. But they will unlock one phone every 18 months if you call them. It's tied to the hardware so if you get it replaced you lose the unlock.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

poo poo I'm an idiot pretty sure the iPhone 5s are. Otherwise I'm not sure if anything below that has a sim slot?

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
The 4S has a SIM slot, but I thought I remembered them not being unlocked out of the gate.

I can call Verizon up and find out, I was just curious to see if I'd be able to keep my jailbreak if I had them unlock it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I got my iPhone 4 unlocked after the fact and I had to restore it over and over until I got the "this phone is unlocked!" Message

• Locked thread