Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
Kitchen knives with no sharp edge. When you accidently slip it won't cut you.

Car-uncleaner, you can drive your clean suburban rear end Wrangler or Jambo through it and get it all dirtied so people will look at you and go Woha, that dude really plays for real!

Static elecricityfier for pets. Charge them up so when they shed hair it will stick right back to them.

Snooze button for your watch. You can be like Oh man I don't want to go to this important boring meeting just yet, and then you hit snooze and it sets your watch back 8 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jonny Retro posted:

Luchador masks for your thumbs.

Luchador mask condoms.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

ubergnu posted:

Kitchen knives with no sharp edge. When you accidently slip it won't cut you.

GIS "Butter Knives"

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

I Before E posted:

hystorical?

Nope, that's still pronounced "historical."

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

Choco1980 posted:

GIS "Butter Knives"

Would you like to cut a steak with one of these? Good thinking there :rolleyes:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Rocks posted:

Entourage set in the 60s. Old school playboy parties, banging airplane stewardesses, cameos by the rat pack, Hepburn, etc.

Get on this HBO.

Didn't NBC try this? I thought they had a failed show about The Playboy Club set in the 60's.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

Didn't NBC try this? I thought they had a failed show about The Playboy Club set in the 60's.

You're probably right, but it was on NBC so it probably sucked and therefore no one watched it. It should be on cable :colbert:

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

As a lazy college student, one of the biggest problems I face is that I'm too lazy to go out and obtain food most of the time so I usually just eat at the dining hall next to my dorm. So today I wanted Taco Bell but didn't want to get in my car and drive all the way over there, and I had an awesome idea:

A business that goes out and buys food from places that don't deliver and delivers it to you. Like they would go and buy me some tacos and then bring them to me and I would pay the cost of the tacos plus a delivery fee. It would probably only work in college towns though but I still think it's genius.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Hot Dog Hotline posted:

Open/vacant signs for university classrooms, just like what's on a bathroom door. There's probably a lot of room for abuse/whatever, but in a perfect world it would stop people from disturbing a class that's like 5 minutes from getting out.

I work in the maintenance department of a college, and just today I barged in on a full classroom because according to the schedule it should have been empty, and there was no way to visually check before opening the door and looking like a dumbass. I support this idea whole-heartedly.

To the guy who posted about windows; that picture is clearly of an office, not a classroom. :colbert:

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

Lots of spy shows on right now. Lots of apocalypse shows, too. I want to see Michael Weston in some kind of Walking Dead scenario. There have to be spies left too, right? I want to see someone make good use of all those abandoned weapons, oil drums, electronics, etc. Hell, just put a spy on The Walking Dead. I don't give a gently caress. Somebody just do this.

I want some sort of brainwave monitor that tells me when I'm spacing out driving and just screams or something.

Grei Skuring posted:

A mask/helmet you can buy online that's just a copy of your own head, scaled up.
God I would buy the gently caress out of this and I don't even know why. Probably to chase children or leave for my husband to find one day when I'm not home. Hell, it could even be a sex thing.

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Terrible Robot posted:

To the guy who posted about windows; that picture is clearly of an office, not a classroom. :colbert:

I have taken affront. I am affronted. :argh:

That is Waverly High School in Nebraska. Are you dising the Wizards? I'll fight to the death anyone who dises the Wizards of Waverly High School.

http://www.dist145schools.org/vnews/display.v/ART/5016b8838d955

(It really is Waverly High but I didn't go there. It was the best example when I GISed it. Nor do I know if they are the "Wizards," though I really hope they are. And I've only been in Nebraska once for about 5 hours. Dis away. However, the window-in-doors things has been in all three of the colleges I went to: NMSU, USU, & USU-Brigham City.)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Matazat posted:

As a lazy college student, one of the biggest problems I face is that I'm too lazy to go out and obtain food most of the time so I usually just eat at the dining hall next to my dorm. So today I wanted Taco Bell but didn't want to get in my car and drive all the way over there, and I had an awesome idea:

A business that goes out and buys food from places that don't deliver and delivers it to you. Like they would go and buy me some tacos and then bring them to me and I would pay the cost of the tacos plus a delivery fee. It would probably only work in college towns though but I still think it's genius.

Most decently large cities have this, as well as lots of college towns.

I live in a city of under 70k, and we have one or two of these services.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
Ok, horses are great. They're majestic and beautiful, you can ride them all over the place, you can brush their hair and feed them a carrot and tell them "You're a good horse. Yes, you are!" Unfortunately, all this is outweighed by one horrible negative: They poo poo everywhere for no good reason, constantly and voluminously.

Two words: Horse diapers. Original idea, do not steal.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

Ok, horses are great. They're majestic and beautiful, you can ride them all over the place, you can brush their hair and feed them a carrot and tell them "You're a good horse. Yes, you are!" Unfortunately, all this is outweighed by one horrible negative: They poo poo everywhere for no good reason, constantly and voluminously.

Two words: Horse diapers. Original idea, do not steal.

Already on the market. Creepy street carriages for tourists use them in lots of cities.

Or perhaps you'd prefer a more elaborate style from Down Under?

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

Already on the market. Creepy street carriages for tourists use them in lots of cities.

Or perhaps you'd prefer a more elaborate style from Down Under?

I'm crushed. This was going to be my one-way ticket to incredible wealth and fame. I was going to be on the cover of Fortune, with "GLAMOROUS ENTREPRENEUR HITS IT BIG- IT'S NO HORSESH*T" as the headline.

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

I'm crushed. This was going to be my one-way ticket to incredible wealth and fame. I was going to be on the cover of Fortune, with "GLAMOROUS ENTREPRENEUR HITS IT BIG- IT'S NO HORSESH*T" as the headline.
I was going to Google the same thing for you and then I had to seriously wonder whether or not you were tricking me into searching for "horse diaper." I decided you were. :butt:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
We could breed horses that poo less. If we refined the breed far enough, we might even be able to circumvent horse diapers altogether--we could really give the industry a real what-for! Maybe, every few months, the horses would simply pass a small, obsidian-like substance comprised of months' worth of food. And then we could inject ourselves with horse DNA and eliminate the need for public bathrooms.

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

We could breed horses that poo less. If we refined the breed far enough, we might even be able to circumvent horse diapers altogether--we could really give the industry a real what-for! Maybe, every few months, the horses would simply pass a small, obsidian-like substance comprised of months' worth of food. And then we could inject ourselves with horse DNA and eliminate the need for public bathrooms.
Let's eliminate the middle man and invent butthole corks

Wait, those definitely exist. Use those, be a free man.

Komojo
Jun 30, 2007

My diving invention: a snorkel that is 50 feet long. It would have a thing that floats on a surface and then tubes going down so you could breathe underwater. To prevent re-breathing carbon dioxide inside the tube, it would have incoming and outgoing tubes controlled by one-way valves.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:

Komojo posted:

My diving invention: a snorkel that is 50 feet long. It would have a thing that floats on a surface and then tubes going down so you could breathe underwater. To prevent re-breathing carbon dioxide inside the tube, it would have incoming and outgoing tubes controlled by one-way valves.

Honestly quite clever. I wonder if it would work at all?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Grei Skuring posted:

Honestly quite clever. I wonder if it would work at all?

Maybe but the maximum operating depth would be fairly strict due to the pressure differential.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Hot spot dog so you can take your dog for a walk and have free wi-fi as well. You could even name him spot and say he's a hot dog.
But it would have to come with a cat remover because cats keep bothering my dog.

Also dog cigarettes so your dog can smoke with you and be cool and hot at the same time.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Oh Oh Oh!! A parent - teenager translator so parents can understand their kids!

Also: Jean Claude... condom

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

cheese-cube posted:

Maybe but the maximum operating depth would be fairly strict due to the pressure differential.

It wouldn't work very well at all.

To test this, just try to breathe through a short length of hose (like, 10-12') while at the bottom of a pool.

You'll blow a lung out.

There's a reason that back in the early days of diving, they had to have bellows/pumps to supply the diver with air.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Basscop posted:

Also dog cigarettes so your dog can smoke with you and be cool and hot at the same time.

Yes! I would so buy these. All I want is to smoke with my dog.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
A "pay-it forward" style system where you punch someone in the dick and then they get to go do the same to someone else.

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011
I've been doing that since I was 11.

Here's another:
An ATM that, instead of dispensing money, dispenses tacos.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

crashdome posted:

I've been doing that since I was 11.

Here's another:
An ATM that, instead of dispensing money, dispenses tacos.

So you want a taco vending machine?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
A regenerating sub sandwich

A helical pizza

A single piece of clothing or fashion accesory that will instantly transform me from a pasty shutin neckbeard into a refined gentleman

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011

Jack Krauser posted:

Well, that implies I exchange cash for tacos. I just want to withdraw from my secure taco repository.

Super Waffle posted:

A helical pizza

Impossible triangle pizza.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Super Waffle posted:

A single piece of clothing or fashion accesory that will instantly transform me from a pasty shutin neckbeard into a refined gentleman

They already make something like that.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
A joke detecting device

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Jack Krauser posted:

I would welcome this development with open wallets.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
An intelligent spell check that understands the appropriate homonym based on context. I don't know weather or not anyone else here thinks it's a good idea.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Behold! A Elk! posted:

An intelligent spell check that understands the appropriate homonym based on context. I don't know weather or not anyone else here thinks it's a good idea.

Oh, oh, I see what you did there.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
I would like to have a single Haribo gummy bear that is 1:1 scale to a regular bear.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
A dart board with a high-pressure air hose built into the back, so after you throw your darts you can press a button and the board will shoot them back into your waiting hand.

No, this is not a bad idea :buddy:

Tewbrainer
Apr 1, 2010
Jelly beans that are flavored exactly like other candies.

So I never have to buy any candy but jelly beans for the rest of my life.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

D is That Guy posted:

I would like to have a single Haribo gummy bear that is 1:1 scale to a regular bear.

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

D is That Guy posted:

I am positive I've at least seen Haribo Gummy Bears that were like, 3 feet tall. I bet they've made bigger.

• Locked thread