Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011
Malone and Dennis Rodman participated in a professional wrestling match in World Championship Wrestling at their "Bash at the Beach" event in July 1998. Malone, a wrestling fan, teamed with his personal friend, Diamond Dallas Page, against the duo of Rodman and Hulk Hogan.[35][36] In a poorly received match, the two power forwards exchanged "rudimentary headlocks, slams and clotheslines" for 23 minutes.[37]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WonderCon_2012_-_Khal_Drogo_and_Daenerys_Targaryen_from_Game_of_Thrones.jpg

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol why the hell is it on the got page

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_States_Air_Force

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopkin_Green_Frog :shepface:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Is_Babby_Formed :cult:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

"The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. "

gently caress off wikipedia

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
The West Bridge is a growing architectural approach, originally developed by Cypress Semiconductor, which enhances and modularizes a peripheral controller in an embedded computer architecture. Conceptually, the West Bridge parallels and complements the decentralization represented by the North Bridge and the South Bridge. Most notably, it has been used by Research in Motion to permit extremely high data transfer rates in its BlackBerry devices.[1]
Contents

1 Overview
2 Etymology
3 Interface Support
4 Applications
5 References
6 External links

Overview

While the North Bridge focuses on memory control and the South Bridge focuses on "slower" capabilities of the motherboard, the West Bridge focuses on peripheral control. The new architectural modularization opens the potential for increased system performance. Being directly connected, peripheral control can be handled wholly and independently through a West Bridge's controller, leaving a processor offloaded and free to focus on other data intensive operations. Not only in increasing performance of the system via the processor, a West Bridge companion chip may itself serve directly as a peripheral accelerator.
Etymology

The term West Bridge was first introduced by Cypress Semiconductor, which designs products to provide optimal performance and connectivity in the embedded world. The name was chosen deliberately to be a meme consistent with the North Bridge and South Bridge concepts. "West Bridge" refers both to the architectural scheme in general and to the product family with which it was introduced, by Cypress.

WestBridgeLogo.png

Interface Support

Interfaces change all the time towards faster, lower power, fewer pins, and newer standards, making it a difficult task for processors to follow and integrate them. A prime function of West Bridge devices is to enable connection to these varied interfaces.

An example of such an interface is NAND Flash, which keeps evolving with new generations of Multi-Level Cell NAND. A West Bridge device might handle the MLC NAND management and enable lowest-cost memory support for a main processor, which otherwise would only support NOR or Single-Level Cell NAND.

Some commonly supported interfaces of West Bridge companion chips are:

Mass storage
GPIO
MMC+
SD v1.1
SD v2.0
SDIO
CE-ATA
MLC NAND
SLC NAND
Full NAND Management

Processor
SRAM
SPI
ADMUX
NAND
NOR

USB
USB 2.0 at 480 Mbit/s

Applications

The West Bridge architecture is relevant to a broad range of applications.

Common applications include:

Handsets
Portable Media Players
Personal Digital Assistants
Portable Navigation Devices
Digital Cameras
Printers
Point-of-sale terminals
Set-Top Boxes
Security Dongles

(page last updated: 2008)

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Saint Darwin posted:

"The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. "

gently caress off wikipedia
clearly trivial, unlike http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictional_actuaries

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

double indemnity was a hell of a movie, so i'm okay with this list

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictional_actuaries#Actuaries_in_manga

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

prefect posted:

double indemnity was a hell of a movie, so i'm okay with this list

I fukken love Raymond Chandler but i don't think i've ever seen any of the film adaptations, same with Dashiel Hammit

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

actually im really glad you posted this cuz

The internet community responded by researching the frog and its owner. Hopkin was found to be a toy frog, and the phone number was traced to the parents. An explanation of the poster's origin is available here. Terry was an autistic 16-year-old who had received the toy frog with a McDonald's "Animal Alley" Happy Meal. After losing the toy frog, he created the "lost" fliers and posted them around his neighborhood. The boy's family was contacted in November 2004 about the toy, with the offer of a new one to replace the original Hopkins. The family declined the offer, believing that since the boy had by then forgotten about his stuffed frog, a new one would only upset him with unpleasant memories.

makes the whole thing orders of magnitude funnier

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
hopkins fbi

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

fork bomb posted:

I fukken love Raymond Chandler but i don't think i've ever seen any of the film adaptations, same with Dashiel Hammit

there's a bunch of them i have been meaning to get around to watching, but i'm terrible about keeping up with stuff i want to do

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

The internet community responded by researching the frog and its owner. Hopkin was found to be a toy frog, and the phone number was traced to the parents. An explanation of the poster's origin is available here. Terry was an autistic 16-year-old who had received the toy frog with a McDonald's "Animal Alley" Happy Meal. After losing the toy frog, he created the "lost" fliers and posted them around his neighborhood. The boy's family was contacted in November 2004 about the toy, with the offer of a new one to replace the original Hopkins. The family declined the offer, believing that since the boy had by then forgotten about his stuffed frog, a new one would only upset him with unpleasant memories.

lol goddamn

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

double indemnity is graet and its pretty clever how they got around the main characters being criminal by telling the story in flashback

also maltese falcon w bogart

i dont think ive seen any others

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

No it doesn't :smith:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

LP97S posted:

Remember, the US also made this stamp.

Nothing like remembering an author who's magnum opus consists of wealthy bastards literally burning the US to the ground and starving millions of Americans because they were too greedy to share the invention of limitless pollution-free energy.

growing up in amerikkka is a lot like that part in breaking bad where jessie spells it out to mr white that they're the bad guys (i think he said "i'm the bad guy" but still)

that's probably blindingly obvious but it occurred to me re-watching that poo poo before the last half-season

really looking forward to seeing how this all plays out :munch:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i'm trying and failing to comprehend that hair.

literally four different patterns and one of them doesn't even resemble hair at all.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

syscall girl posted:

growing up in amerikkka is a lot like that part in breaking bad where jessie spells it out to mr white that they're the bad guys (i think he said "i'm the bad guy" but still)

that's probably blindingly obvious but it occurred to me re-watching that poo poo before the last half-season

really looking forward to seeing how this all plays out :munch:

*walt and jessie both pull guns on each other*

*fade to black*

*single gunshot*

AKA the "gently caress you" ending

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Sweevo posted:

*fade to black*

*single gunshot*

dont even joke about something like this :argh:

also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubstep#Post-dubstep

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

2009 in music posted:

The use of Auto-Tune emerged into the mainstream this year.
:laugh:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
snicker

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011

Sweevo posted:

*fade to black*

*single gunshot*

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011
i am so loving excited for the end of Breaking Bad. For the past few months i have been going out of my way to avoid dying, just to make sure i get to see the ending

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

for a while i was really annoyed about bb cause it seemed to me they were playing walt as a hero and he was obv an rear end in a top hat

then i realized he was supposed to be and i liking it. i just really want him to get his, but i know he wont

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wikipedias

"wikipedias" is a funny word

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Nude_people

count all the things no one should click
:reddit:

Adult Sword Owner