Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Schiavona posted:

Jesus Riot get your poo poo together for these tournaments.

Pretty much. These kind of delays are acceptable every once in awhile, but the EU LCS problems are starting to add up and it looks really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.

Flayer posted:

Apparently Riot don't allow Europe to have the LAN client because the EU LCS is run jointly with ESL and Riot don't want anyone else having access to the LAN client.
This is the policy that Riot should be persuaded to change, because as everyone else is saying, it comes across as really sloppy.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I've done a lot of event management in my day and I know there's always unpredictable issues, but drat, this has been happening a ton in the EU.

Edit: YES YES YES GOOFY EU ALLSTARS VIDEO, CIRCLE FLAG CIRCLE FLAG

Schiavona fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 3, 2013

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I wouldn't be surprised if trolls are just DDoSing the servers since they're not LAN.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Those delays are really terrible. When I got off work, the 3rd game was already started, now three hours later it has restarted once and it will probably be again.
I don't really mind because I have booze and the whole night before me but the casters are probably going to fall asleep during the 3rd best of 3.
I just want to know who CW are going to face :ohdear:

Did they give a reason for those delays ?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Zanael posted:

Those delays are really terrible. When I got off work, the 3rd game was already started, now three hours later it has restarted once and it will probably be again.
I don't really mind because I have booze and the whole night before me but the casters are probably going to fall asleep during the 3rd best of 3.
I just want to know who CW are going to face :ohdear:

Did they give a reason for those delays ?

Deman is a hard motherfucker. He's been through worse.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

They should really just start random fan ARAMs or something and cast them. Something instead of endless casterchat.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

Deman is a hard motherfucker. He's been through worse.
When you've survived that awful CLG/WE (was it ?) game, nothing can kill you, I'll grant you that

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Schiavona posted:

They should really just start random fan ARAMs or something and cast them. Something instead of endless casterchat.

But which body part is homie gonna wax after getting 10k followers?

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Welp. See you tomorrow.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

mushi posted:

This is the policy that Riot should be persuaded to change, because as everyone else is saying, it comes across as really sloppy.

Riot would sooner do away with the EU LCS altogether than hand over their LAN client to a 3rd party organization.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.

TyrantWD posted:

Riot would sooner do away with the EU LCS altogether than hand over their LAN client to a 3rd party organization.
What makes you say this? What's the hold up on releasing the LAN client and having a strict NDA/contractual obligation regarding their duty to protect the LAN client? That's a serious question, I don't know what the technical ramifications are of having a third party use the LAN client. They're worried it will get leaked or something?

Either way, this "holy god we can't get the game to work, we have to postpone the entire tournament" is really sloppy, even for e-sports. Alternatively, they could just have a Riot team in Europe doing the same thing the NA team is doing, rather than farming it out to ESL or whatever.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

mushi posted:

What makes you say this? What's the hold up on releasing the LAN client and having a strict NDA/contractual obligation regarding their duty to protect the LAN client? That's a serious question, I don't know what the technical ramifications are of having a third party use the LAN client. They're worried it will get leaked or something?

Either way, this "holy god we can't get the game to work, we have to postpone the entire tournament" is really sloppy, even for e-sports. Alternatively, they could just have a Riot team in Europe doing the same thing the NA team is doing, rather than farming it out to ESL or whatever.

Because if the contractual obligation does get broken (because, say, someone with access wants A Lot Of Money), there will be a version of the client floating around that isn't in Riot's hands. Even if the people who get it can't upgrade it further, that is A Bad Thing for Riot's business model.

I don't agree with Riot, but industrial espionage is a real thing and all it takes is one idiot.

Kantom
Nov 22, 2010
It's possible that the situation with the LAN isn't even riots fault. If you look at the SEA region that's all hosted by Garena (I think) so another company being able to host servers isn't entirely out of the question.

It may be that ESL doesn't want the responsibility of hosting a local server. They might not have the expertise, or maybe they can't guarantee the security. Do they even own the building where the studio is? ESL simply might not be comfortable with a contractual obligation that they can't guarantee they can keep. This is entirely speculation and maybe the blame should be solely with riot but I wouldn't assume so without knowing the facts.

I think going forward the only way were going to see LAN play in EU is if next year riot decided to host it themselves like in US.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Schiavona posted:

If they hired Elementz and Prolly for casting and interviews I'd be so happy.

Speaking of Elementz and "where are they now?", my company just had an internal LoL tournament. Somewhere in there, Riot got wind of this, became super excited, and starting getting really involved in our tournaments for some odd reason.

Finals start in ~30 minutes from now. It's going to be casted by RiotJaws and... Elementz. I poo poo you not.

I wonder if tonight's going to be an "audition" of sorts for Elementz to join Riot's casting team. You may get (half of) your wish just yet.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

facepalmolive posted:

Speaking of Elementz and "where are they now?", my company just had an internal LoL tournament. Somewhere in there, Riot got wind of this, became super excited, and starting getting really involved in our tournaments for some odd reason.

Finals start in ~30 minutes from now. It's going to be casted by RiotJaws and... Elementz. I poo poo you not.

I wonder if tonight's going to be an "audition" of sorts for Elementz to join Riot's casting team. You may get (half of) your wish just yet.

This will be great as long as the guy they inevitably replace isn't Jatt. Though maybe they want a third duo for when days go long?

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Aaaaand the game restarted, aaaaand the game was paused.
Seriously.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

Zanael posted:

Aaaaand the game restarted, aaaaand the game was paused.
Seriously.

I didn't even know it was back on yet! Yay! I mean, the pause sucks but yay!

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Are these interruptions really caused by DDOS attacks? Its all a plan to get Riot to give up their LAN servers to the russians. Better to get it over with now rather than in the championship, I guess.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

So, our local casters said Dioud again won't be playing for aAa today, it's really too bad for them, he was a good addition to the team and a great playmaker on tresh.

Ok they also said the guys at the ESL will be running configuration tests on all of their comp, so the pause will probably take a while. They might report the tournamement to next week if the tests fail.
Disregard that, they changed studios (what ?) and the game is being remade right now

edit:

Ninkobei posted:

Are these interruptions really caused by DDOS attacks? Its all a plan to get Riot to give up their LAN servers to the russians. Better to get it over with now rather than in the championship, I guess.
Apparently they had a busted comp yesterday and no replacement, which is ultra dumb.

Zanael fucked around with this message at 08:33 on May 4, 2013

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

So. I just tuned in just before a pause not even 2 minutes in. Judging by the timestamps of posts this was attempt #2 for today? Wow.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

Mierenneuker posted:

So. I just tuned in just before a pause not even 2 minutes in. Judging by the timestamps of posts this was attempt #2 for today? Wow.

Yeah, looks like major problems continue for the EU promotions. Sad, because I was looking forward to Forellenlord's play. I wanted to see if he could elevate himself from solo queue god into team player.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Games reported to at least tomorrow. Too bad, I really didn't have anything else to do today beside watching LoL :smith:

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Zanael posted:

edit:

Apparently they had a busted comp yesterday and no replacement, which is ultra dumb.

Yeah... that's just actual incompetence. poo poo, no wonder Riot doesn't trust them with the LAN client.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/398834103?t=8h20m18s

You can see what happens: Ezreal's Mystic Shot is coming out of completely the wrong spot. This makes the game basically unplayable.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Violently Car posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/398834103?t=8h20m18s

You can see what happens: Ezreal's Mystic Shot is coming out of completely the wrong spot. This makes the game basically unplayable.

It was hard to see so I made a gif:

The q just flies in from the right. Weird stuff.

Routah
Feb 6, 2012

parasyte posted:

Yeah... that's just actual incompetence. poo poo, no wonder Riot doesn't trust them with the LAN client.

It's not true though, they replaced the computer for the player having troubles, but it didn't solve the problem.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Riot's name is on the stream, everyone watching will think it's Riot that hosed up, not whatever European organization is managing the event.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The BRNA tournament has started, they currently have 2 streams going:

http://www.twitch.tv/leaguepedia
http://www.twitch.tv/leaguepedia2

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
Three:

http://www.twitch.tv/leaguepedia3

Best way to enjoy all of them is to watch on Teevox so you can swap between them and watch countdown/action as it goes on.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

quote:

Scarra @dscarra Qtpie won the second game so fast the spectators couldn't connect. HS died before the creep wave met at top. Details

HS meaning Hotshot... :allears:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
QT vs Cupofwater had a pretty amazing finish to the set.

QTPie vs Cupofwater was 1-1 and QTpie was forced to go back to base to heal. Meanwhile Cupofwater is bashing away at QTpie's tower, who is rushing back to lane his tower dying fast. QTpie makes it back to the tower seemingly too late but throws everything he has at Cup, who gets firstblooded with the tower at 36hp. Epic!

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Wow that double kill was pretty nuts. Game stating first blood to one player but the gold was awarded to the other.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Someone needs to tell the casters to run the game back 15 seconds and slo-mo if anything crazy like that happens. I'm not dropping a 5 buck subscription just to write a message.

The difference between the top Diamond/pro players and the qualifiers with people in plat and bottom diamond is night and day. You'd think it wouldn't be that big a deal all on the same champ, but it's instantly noticeable.

vvv You can slow it down to .25x speed. If you can't figure it out that slowly, then I dunno.

Badfinger fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 4, 2013

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Badfinger posted:

Someone needs to tell the casters to run the game back 15 seconds and slo-mo if anything crazy like that happens. I'm not dropping a 5 buck subscription just to write a message.

They both died at the same time, or rather so close that the client had a disagreement about who first blood went to. I don't think it would be distinguishable via a replay- but it probably would have been good to have seen it again.

Also Boxbox lost already :(

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shmoogy posted:

There's a losers bracket so he could still come back.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Shmoogy posted:

They both died at the same time, or rather so close that the client had a disagreement about who first blood went to. I don't think it would be distinguishable via a replay- but it probably would have been good to have seen it again.

Who'd he lose to?

e: Parangau?

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
This is the tie video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKdzQQlSZys

And Boxbox lost to Xopurrangaox

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:gifttank: BoxBox isn't that good

Adbot