Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pincky
Oct 28, 2010
Ok so Senior is a real dick all of the sudden? I guess if you want to become a "legend" anyway you can. Seriously I don't get it. Wouldn't it have been so much easier to work in coalition with Keith?
Also, is it strange that I'm rooting for Eliot? I know he was kind of a creep last season, but who of us hasn't been an rear end in a top hat from time to time? He tried to make his family whole again and overdid it.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoy the new season.

P.S. Did the previews lie to us about Josh Harris? I was under the impression, that he had his own boat but instead he is a loving deckhand?? I guess Discovery pays a boatload (:suicide:) of money for him to appear on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

pincky posted:

Ok so Senior is a real dick all of the sudden? I guess if you want to become a "legend" anyway you can. Seriously I don't get it. Wouldn't it have been so much easier to work in coalition with Keith?
Also, is it strange that I'm rooting for Eliot? I know he was kind of a creep last season, but who of us hasn't been an rear end in a top hat from time to time? He tried to make his family whole again and overdid it.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoy the new season.

P.S. Did the previews lie to us about Josh Harris? I was under the impression, that he had his own boat but instead he is a loving deckhand?? I guess Discovery pays a boatload (:suicide:) of money for him to appear on the show.

Maybe Opies? Also, the preview didn't really make that too clear.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

ToastyPotato posted:

Maybe Opies? Also, the preview didn't really make that too clear.

I believe Jonathan let it slip in an interview that Josh has successfully bought back the Cornelia

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I believe Jonathan let it slip in an interview that Josh has successfully bought back the Cornelia
Hopefully without Jake around to gently caress it up and turn the boat into a floating meth lab.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Crazy Ted posted:

Hopefully without Jake around to gently caress it up and turn the boat into a floating meth lab.

A Breaking Bad crossover?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Hazo posted:

Tonight's River Monsters was one of the best ones in a while, in terms of huge fish battles and an awesomely bizarre storyline.

Basically Jeremy showed up in Nicaragua looking for giant river tarpon, and the locals tell him they're too dangerous so nobody fishes for them, except for "the white boy." Turns out there's some crazy white dude who's been camping out in the jungle for like ten years just chilling and catching enormous tarpon. He spends a couple days teaching Jeremy his insane method of fly fishing and there's a legit musical training montage before the actual fights start. It's fantastic.

River Monsters has really been way above standard. This whole season has been incredible.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Red quotas were flat from last year from what I read. That may be a reason why he did not take the boat out, it could have been more profitable for him to sell the quota than fish it and risk losing money.

http://www.alaskajournal.com/Blog-Fish-Bytes/April-2012/Bristol-Bay-red-king-crab-quota-holds-steady-St-Matthews-blue-drops-slightly/

evilwaldo fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 28, 2013

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Watching River Monsters on netflix reminds me why I like watching it on Netflix. You can fastforward all the needless rehashing and just see him get those drat monsters!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

soggybagel posted:

Watching River Monsters on netflix reminds me why I like watching it on Netflix. You can fastforward all the needless rehashing and just see him get those drat monsters!
Sometimes the narrative is really worth watching, though. Last week's was a great example. But some of the episodes are definitely padded out much worse than others.

It looks like he's going back to America in tonight's show, but I have no idea what it's supposed to be about. The clips and even the voiceover in the commercial all looked like they were from the previous "American Killers" episode. If he catches another huge fuckoff goliath grouper that'd be pretty great.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is Mythbusters back this week? Or soon?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Did Dirty Jobs get cancelled? I haven't seen it on TV in a long time.

Dirty Jobs is awesome :(

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

It was a year or two ago.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Wednesday night.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Yeah this is literally a rerun of the season four River Monsters opener with the "New Episode" bug in the corner. Good job Animal Planet :bravo:

edit: Or a remixed episode? I don't think they started in Florida in the first airing.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 29, 2013

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Did Dirty Jobs get cancelled? I haven't seen it on TV in a long time.

Dirty Jobs is awesome :(
They cancelled it last December so we could see more Moonshiners and Amish Mafia.

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick
Finally got around to watching last week's Deadliest Catch. I don't understand why Keith partnered up with Junior in the first place. Didn't they have a beef last year over territory? Or was that Elliot and Keith? That was a dick move on Junior's part, and I don't understand how he thought he could get away with it for very long, but either way, Keith deserves it for being an rear end in a top hat. That's karma. My respect for Junior is still intact, but if he did that to, say, the Hillstrands or Sig, I would have a different opinion.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Exploder posted:

Finally got around to watching last week's Deadliest Catch. I don't understand why Keith partnered up with Junior in the first place. Didn't they have a beef last year over territory? Or was that Elliot and Keith?

That was Elliot and Junior.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

FogHelmut posted:

Soon, and there's a Deadliest Catch themed episode with one of the Hillstrands and another guy.

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick

TaurusOxford posted:

That was Elliot and Junior.

Ahh, you're right. But I could swear Keith and Junior had beef about something, but I'm probably making that up in my head, because naturally, Keith is an rear end who doesn't make very many friends.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Exploder posted:

Ahh, you're right. But I could swear Keith and Junior had beef about something, but I'm probably making that up in my head, because naturally, Keith is an rear end who doesn't make very many friends.

Keith has a beef with everyone it seems, I wonder if the other captains don't like how he steamrolls greenhorns and just treats people like poo poo in general. I understand that as a captain that boat is your country, your world and things aren't a democracy but I mean come on...

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Since Discovery is a parent of Destination America and DA is the channel that airs BBQ Pitmasters and I just marathonned the first two seasons of it on Netflix, I gotta say that for a show that changed formats 3 times in the first three seasons it ain't a bad show to watch unless you're the kind of person who becomes obsessed with a possible new hobby.

Also I will watch anything whose main character is a guy who says nothing except "goddamn I don't fuckin' care about your goddamn barbecue I'm the goddamn best there ever fuckin' was of all goddamn time you drat sumbitch." It's like watching a slightly better version of a Stone Cold Steve Austin reality show.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

God, Jake is such a fuckup.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This show Kumar is hosting has the dumbest smart people ever.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Why didn't they blastproof the doors or the roof in mythbusters rcktprf truck. I presume missiles only go for the windows?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Presumably the doors and roof of a dump truck are made of much sterner stuff than safety glass windows and windshield, and they were concerned about that less than the car doing a complete 180 and dive-bombing them square on the roof (and being narrow enough to not get caught on the cage surrounding it).

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
I was surprised they didn't armor the exposed fuel tanks on their truck. You'd think random red-hot debris from an exploding rocket would be the biggest risk.

Have they ever done a car/boat on a ramp thing where it didn't just nose over? I mean, the front end is off first and gravity is going to start pulling on it before the rear tires...

Did they ever say exactly why the 2nd attempt a couple of seasons ago just blew up? Was it the rockets just exploding, or did they come loose?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I believe it just ended up a bunch of finger pointing with the Mythbusters team blaming the rocket makers and the rocket makers claiming the Mythbusters guys installed them wrong.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They could have been safer, yeah, but they've actually done a lot of myths over the years about igniting fuel (including throwing a car over a cliff with the express purpose of exploding the gas tank) and it's not as easy to do as movies make it look. Also, the truck probably runs on diesel, which is even harder to light as its meant to be ignited by pressure.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

haveblue posted:

They could have been safer, yeah, but they've actually done a lot of myths over the years about igniting fuel (including throwing a car over a cliff with the express purpose of exploding the gas tank) and it's not as easy to do as movies make it look. Also, the truck probably runs on diesel, which is even harder to light as its meant to be ignited by pressure.

Diesel is not explosive and not very flammable at standard temperature and pressure. The vapors are but nowhere near as much as gasoline. You can put out matches in a tank full of Diesel and nothing will happen.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

PowerBuilder3 posted:

I was surprised they didn't armor the exposed fuel tanks on their truck. You'd think random red-hot debris from an exploding rocket would be the biggest risk.

Diesel fuel is pretty drat hard to ignite...unless you mix it with ammonium nitrate fertilizer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ugh, tie-in episodes.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Ugh, tie-in episodes.

It'll be worth it for the upcoming Breaking Bad episode, though!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

At least the Breaking Bad episode will have, you know, actors in it instead of people who really shouldn't be doing scripted stuff.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

At least the Breaking Bad episode will have, you know, actors in it instead of people who really shouldn't be doing scripted stuff.

Lies! Tory, Kari and Grant will still be in the episode.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Elliot calling himself the big dog and then backing down as soon as his idiocy started to cost him was hilarious.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Ugh, tie-in episodes.

I still watch Mythbusters, but it's getting to the point where I'll just immediately switch it off when an episode like that comes on. That, or a clip show.

I think I may even start tuning out if the intro only shows a single myth, and then maybe they cut to B-Team doing some kind of sleep deprivation or bodily fluid myth or something. I think that'll leave about one or two episodes per season I'll actually be watching.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
They seemed to put very little effort in the Deadliest Catch myths. The overboard myth was so bad because Discovery has plenty of footage of people getting caught in the bite, since it happens at least once per season. Didn't the proto-season of DC even have someone get thrown overboard on camera?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I am growing to dislike Junior a lot.

Also, Edgar :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.
Yeah Edgar is cool. It seemed like Sig really stepped aside since he was not seen afterwards.

Elliot is growing on me. He seemed to really mature in the past year.

• Locked thread