Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Holy poo poo, France really really really loves the Bonpartist party in my game. Constant 90 - 100% victories. It's pretty nice though because the party is pretty good for what I want at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Wolfgang Pauli posted:

Leopold was vilified in his own time. I mean, harsh treatment of natives would get condemnation back at home, but this was more than just politics and impotent rage. It was one of the biggest disgraces of the day.

Didn't people at the time think that Africans were, like, lower than Europeans on the evolutionary ladder, though? I'm surprised there would be so much humanitarian outrage over Leopold's atrocities.

It's a bit off-topic, but one of the most fascinating facts I ever learned about Africa was that people there have more genetic diversity than on any other continent. I guess it goes hand-in-hand with being the birthplace of humanity, and therefore being the place where people would have the most time to diversify genetically. Like there's more of a difference between two given African ethnic groups than there is between Europeans and East Asians, if I recall correctly. Amazing stuff!

EDIT: Ah here it is: http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2009-05-01/news/36836404_1_genetic-makeup-sarah-tishkoff-africans

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 7, 2013

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011
I think even in the 17th or 18th centuries there was some degree of outrage over exploitation of natives in the Americas.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

When Heart of Darkness (the book, obviously) was published, there was at least a small outrage over the colonial policies and a lot of criticisms lobbied against Belgium. The outrage was mostly in the press and it's not like anyone ultimately did much about the atrocities committed.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

And in a lot of cases the outrage was more along the lines of "They're unfairly exploiting the natives (that we want to unfairly exploit)!"

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

I got the heart of Darkness Expansion and have been loving it so far. I'm playing a westernised china game because everybody mentioned just how badly they break the world when you do it. It took 5 years from westernising to becoming the top great power and taking on Russia, GB, and Austria in a Crisis war. The only trouble I'm having is I can't seem to add wargoals. My allies have been doing just fine (prussia looks to be getting ready to form greater Germany when the war ends), and the Ottomans have added several war goals of their own, but I haven't been able to add any. It just says the war isn't going that well despite Russia being almost completely occupied and India almost completely falling to my armies. Any ideas on how to get war goals added? or is it a Crisis issue. Otherwise loving the additions to army comps and westernising as an unciv.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

DrSunshine posted:

Didn't people at the time think that Africans were, like, lower than Europeans on the evolutionary ladder, though? I'm surprised there would be so much humanitarian outrage over Leopold's atrocities.

It's a bit off-topic, but one of the most fascinating facts I ever learned about Africa was that people there have more genetic diversity than on any other continent. I guess it goes hand-in-hand with being the birthplace of humanity, and therefore being the place where people would have the most time to diversify genetically. Like there's more of a difference between two given African ethnic groups than there is between Europeans and East Asians, if I recall correctly. Amazing stuff!

EDIT: Ah here it is: http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2009-05-01/news/36836404_1_genetic-makeup-sarah-tishkoff-africans

Well, keep in mind that a fair amount of the justification for colonization to begin with was the whole white man's burden - the civilizing mission to uplift the poor, benighted savage into the modern world. Most of it is worthless faff, of course, but while it's possible to believe that you're civilizing the native by bringing them into an economic system that happens to benefit yourself, it gets REALLY hard to believe in the white man's burden when the white man is cutting off hands for bounty and literally working people to death. Also, I'm not sure about Europe, but America around that time was going through a religious revival and as such would have been particularly sensitive to issues related to morality (I understand a fair amount of the early exposures of the Congo came from various horrified missionaries).

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone tried cranking up the AI aggressiveness settings in defines.lua to see how crazy the world might get?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Trying to get a friend of mine into paradox stuff. Anybody have a spare Chronicles code still sitting around?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
OK, the Abu Dhabi pic I posted earlier with it being 16% Bureaucrat? Well, Yemen was 18% Bureaucrat, and 0.0% Clergy.

Dammit, Yemen, don't you know that clerics do all your research for you?

EDIT: Thanks to the addition of Yemen, my country (my whole Arabian peninsula plus some of Oman's old African holdings) is 5% Bureaucrats. I'm going to go bankrupt and it's all Yemen's fault. :(

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Afghanistan was 4% Soldier until Persia decided to invade me. Luckily their Sikh allies refused to join their war so I just puppeted them instead.

Now it's 1% Soldier :saddowns:

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

DrSunshine posted:

They definitely thought they were lesser, but they're still human. I mean, Social Darwinism was justifying the poor as being evolutionarily unfit at the same time and there were plenty of movements in support of them. Likewise with the American Anti-Imperialist League. Even in the most conservative realms of society, treating even lesser people like poo poo was frowned upon as unchristian and ungentlemanly -- such as Stanley's first expedition where he basically fought his way across the Congo. The whole reason Leopold went to Africa, as far as the public knew, was to civilize Africa: end the slave trade and bring Christianity to the ungodly people there. Instead he turned it into a nightmare where human life was utterly without value; a nightmare on scale totally unthinkable to the European public.

See also Chinese Gordon. He spent virtually his entire life among "Asiatics", both during the Taiping Rebellion and in service of the Khedive in Khartoum, yet he never considered them to be his equal. His opinion of Ismael Pasha, who considered himself to be European, is particularly telling. The Khedive acted the part well and Gordon recognized all the trappings and culture, but there was still some feeling that the Khedive was just a pretender.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

When Heart of Darkness (the book, obviously) was published, there was at least a small outrage over the colonial policies and a lot of criticisms lobbied against Belgium. The outrage was mostly in the press and it's not like anyone ultimately did much about the atrocities committed.
Conrad didn't even have to exaggerate. The trip up the Congo was tame compared to Stanley's first expedition. Achebe's criticism of Conrad is in his protagonist's paradigm, not the actions the characters take. Even though what's-his-butt thinks that the whole venture is a carnival of human suffering, he still doesn't see the Africans as civilized people. They're still humans, but obviously not on the same level as the White Man.

Tomn posted:

Well, keep in mind that a fair amount of the justification for colonization to begin with was the whole white man's burden - the civilizing mission to uplift the poor, benighted savage into the modern world. Most of it is worthless faff, of course, but while it's possible to believe that you're civilizing the native by bringing them into an economic system that happens to benefit yourself, it gets REALLY hard to believe in the white man's burden when the white man is cutting off hands for bounty and literally working people to death. Also, I'm not sure about Europe, but America around that time was going through a religious revival and as such would have been particularly sensitive to issues related to morality (I understand a fair amount of the early exposures of the Congo came from various horrified missionaries).
It wasn't necessarily the white man's burden in Africa. The slave trade was real and flourishing, and the European powers genuinely wanted to end it. Chinese Gordon went half-mad because nothing he could do would stop slave caravans moving through Darfur and Kordofan. The Congo Free State-level exploitation came later, when they realized they could just get away with it and that nobody actually cared.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

Patter Song posted:

OK, the Abu Dhabi pic I posted earlier with it being 16% Bureaucrat? Well, Yemen was 18% Bureaucrat, and 0.0% Clergy.

Dammit, Yemen, don't you know that clerics do all your research for you?

EDIT: Thanks to the addition of Yemen, my country (my whole Arabian peninsula plus some of Oman's old African holdings) is 5% Bureaucrats. I'm going to go bankrupt and it's all Yemen's fault. :(

Just cut administrative funding, it'll solve both your problems.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Tomn posted:

It's important to remember that white man's burden wasn't so much a justification used in-process as an excuse when people complained. It would have happened anyway, it was just one more thing to hide behind.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
I realise this is less Paradox related, but people in the thread are obviously well-informed of the background of these games: what was the impetus behind the end of the slave trade/slavery in general throughout Europe? The works of a few humanitarians who could argue that slavery was inhumane, or the realisation that slavery was impractical, which later had the humanitarian lens put on it for moral high ground? The general way Africans were treated (that is, as an inferior race) throughout the Victorian era makes me wonder what happened to change the perception from "Africans are sub-human and we should be able to own them" to "Africans are sub-human but we should at least try to Christianize/civilize them".

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Wow, communist rebellions can be insane, after years of Bonapartist rule I jacked up the taxes and tarrifs to max, and ended up with 200 battallions in Paris alone and another 200 - 300 along the rest of the nation.

As a question, is there any way to stop England from getting all of Africa? The amount of colonial power they ahve is absolutely astounding.

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

Evil Agita posted:

Trying to get a friend of mine into paradox stuff. Anybody have a spare Chronicles code still sitting around?

I've got one, PM me.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

The Narrator posted:

I realise this is less Paradox related, but people in the thread are obviously well-informed of the background of these games: what was the impetus behind the end of the slave trade/slavery in general throughout Europe? The works of a few humanitarians who could argue that slavery was inhumane, or the realisation that slavery was impractical, which later had the humanitarian lens put on it for moral high ground? The general way Africans were treated (that is, as an inferior race) throughout the Victorian era makes me wonder what happened to change the perception from "Africans are sub-human and we should be able to own them" to "Africans are sub-human but we should at least try to Christianize/civilize them".

Impracticality had a lot to do with it. As europe moved to a more factory based economy slaves became impractical. You had to pay for their housing and food and they werent working any land so paying poor people crap wages to work in your factory was actually much cheaper. This was an impetus that the "Slavery is immoral" types could make use of because the rich people no longer cared.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

RagnarokAngel posted:

Impracticality had a lot to do with it. As europe moved to a more factory based economy slaves became impractical. You had to pay for their housing and food and they werent working any land so paying poor people crap wages to work in your factory was actually much cheaper. This was an impetus that the "Slavery is immoral" types could make use of because the rich people no longer cared.

For the European empires, the fact that the slave owners were themselves distant and othered to a large extent helped the process. British sugar plantation owners from the West Indies who came home filthy rich and somewhat Caribbeanized were hated by the old elite sort: Edmund Burke hated the hell out of slavery because it was getting all the wrong kinds of people rich and powerful, the same reason he hated the British East India Company. Look at, for example, how Mr. Rochester in Jane Eyre is treated as somewhat shady and morally suspect even before everyone learns that he has his crazy wife locked in the attic: he's a man who made his money in the West Indies and was "degraded" by the Caribbean lifestyle. The interests hurt by the abolition of slavery in the UK didn't have a very appealing domestic face, especially once the transatlantic slave trade ended, because at least that was something that manifestly did create jobs and business at home (for sailors and such). Also, unlike the US Congress, Trinidad and Barbados and Jamaica didn't have a say in Parliament.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Clapham Omnibus posted:

No need to hand over that land, let the Ottomans capture a few provinces and France should intervene on your side eventually, then you can bring the fight to the Ottomans. It does depend on the GPs actually landing troops, which I hear they are better at with the beta patch.
The only ones that ever intervene when I play as Egypt are the Austrians, and never on my side. :saddowns: Guess I should buddy up with the French then, would be nice to have some assistance in that war. Still, aren't you then stuck with that huge research malus until 1860 when the crisis finally ends? Guess I should give it another go, I'm pretty sure I've become a better player since my last Egypt game.

Clapham Omnibus posted:

Eventually you end up with something like this though:

It's so beautiful.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I really love Victoria 2 with its expansions and NNM, but the lategame can be such a drag. Oh boy another great war, time for all of my meaningless African possessions to get occupied for negligible warscore while I play whack-an-army with Russia and Britain's infinitely many 5-brigade stacks besieging all my provinces behind the frontline. I like great wars because they always shake up the political landscape (at least with NNM which adds the ability to dismantle empires and gives a whole load of militancy to the nations which lose), but I hate having to micromanage my thousand-brigade army. I'd kill for an AI control feature like HoI3.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Wolfgang Pauli posted:

They definitely thought they were lesser, but they're still human. I mean, Social Darwinism was justifying the poor as being evolutionarily unfit at the same time and there were plenty of movements in support of them. Likewise with the American Anti-Imperialist League. Even in the most conservative realms of society, treating even lesser people like poo poo was frowned upon as unchristian and ungentlemanly -- such as Stanley's first expedition where he basically fought his way across the Congo. The whole reason Leopold went to Africa, as far as the public knew, was to civilize Africa: end the slave trade and bring Christianity to the ungodly people there. Instead he turned it into a nightmare where human life was utterly without value; a nightmare on scale totally unthinkable to the European public.

Exactly. The idea of Darwinism came about and people were able to read it in a million different ways. One of the products of this was their application of it to society, which led almost directly to eugenicist thought. However, you also had people applying Darwinian ideas to society as a whole, and considering evolution in purely social terms (i.e. all humans are equally human, but their level of social evolution determines their level of civility/savagery). So in effect you had a fairly significant debate (that in fairness actually pre-dated Darwin), as to whether a 'savage' taken at birth and raised as a European would amount to a perfectly normal civilised gentleman or would remain in a state more common to his birth. So yes, 'savages' were considered lower on the evolutionary spectrum that Europeans almost universally, but people differed on whether this was a biological issue or a social one. The civilising benefits of European colonialism were obvious to those holding the latter view, but even the former implied support for Western intervention in order to alter the environment of the 'savage' and therefore accelerate their biological progression to truly civilised moral and social agents.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

That was specially amusing in Brazil, where we implemented the whitening. The idea was to support interracial marriage in order to make Afro-Brazilians whiter, since the superior white blood clearly would dominate, and thus the "black problem" would be solved in a few generations. :brazil:

Oh, also a new version of The Imperialist Adventures of Srbja & Friends! Should be save compatible, though the balance changes won't be active except in a new game.

May 7th
Checksum: VBWQ

-Changed the colour of Japan back to glorious red;
-Major re-balance in North Africa;
-Changed several spheres of influence;
-Added many new naval bases to South America and Asia;
-AI should now be more inclined to colonize;
-Shameful bugs corrected;

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Bugs? Nay, sino-kroat sabotage!

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

ZearothK posted:

That was specially amusing in Brazil, where we implemented the whitening. The idea was to support interracial marriage in order to make Afro-Brazilians whiter, since the superior white blood clearly would dominate, and thus the "black problem" would be solved in a few generations. :brazil:

Oh, also a new version of The Imperialist Adventures of Srbja & Friends! Should be save compatible, though the balance changes won't be active except in a new game.

May 7th
Checksum: VBWQ

-Changed the colour of Japan back to glorious red;
-Major re-balance in North Africa;
-Changed several spheres of influence;
-Added many new naval bases to South America and Asia;
-AI should now be more inclined to colonize;
-Shameful bugs corrected;

Is the clay there. This is important.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

BBJoey posted:

I really love Victoria 2 with its expansions and NNM, but the lategame can be such a drag. Oh boy another great war, time for all of my meaningless African possessions to get occupied for negligible warscore while I play whack-an-army with Russia and Britain's infinitely many 5-brigade stacks besieging all my provinces behind the frontline. I like great wars because they always shake up the political landscape (at least with NNM which adds the ability to dismantle empires and gives a whole load of militancy to the nations which lose), but I hate having to micromanage my thousand-brigade army. I'd kill for an AI control feature like HoI3.

It's finals time so I'm unable to get back into Victoria 2, but it seems like Great Wars need a heavy cooldown timer attached to them- World War II starting up earlier somehow is fine, World War V is not.

As for your army point, I've got my fingers crossed that there'll be a World War I expansion to flesh out the late game and other features. Honestly, I just want a WWI scenario- the Victoria Improvement Project never got around to making one, and Darkest Hour is too military-intensive.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Necroneocon posted:

Is the clay there. This is important.

The Kroats stole our clay during their mass deportation to Kroatstralia. They believe to have had the last laugh, it is your mission to wipe that smile from their face.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ZearothK posted:

The Kroats stole our clay during their mass deportation to Kroatstralia. They believe to have had the last laugh, it is your mission to wipe that smile from their face.
You should make clay a Srbja-only rare resource that's uncovered like gold, precious metals and oil in a special event. Of course, Srbja gets a free casus belli on any non-Srb who has stolen the precious clay.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

BBJoey posted:

You should make clay a Srbja-only rare resource that's uncovered like gold, precious metals and oil in a special event. Of course, Srbja gets a free casus belli on any non-Srb who has stolen the precious clay.

You tempt me. So far I've been quite focused on the rest of the world, and have neglected making decisions and events for our protagonist. Provided no major issue comes up next update should be all about Srbzysthan.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Is the 2gb fix standard in Vicky 2 now, or is my computer just unable to handle PDM?

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

So if Ck2 and EU3 are going to be on the same engines (I know with vast differences). Does that mean we could eventually see all the games on the same engine? Potentially making campaigns travel through all four games easy to do?

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

Krataar posted:

So if Ck2 and EU3 are going to be on the same engines (I know with vast differences). Does that mean we could eventually see all the games on the same engine? Potentially making campaigns travel through all four games easy to do?

The problem isn't really a matter of engines so much as of different mechanics and data, which means that scenario information a game needs often isn't available in the previous one (e.g. EU to Victoria - no pops!) and some things have to be fudged, with varying results. Honestly, I think megacampaigns will always have to involve a lot of scenario building, with automated converters mostly giving you a foundation to build on and cutting the worst tedium of assigning every province etc. by hand.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Krataar posted:

Having them on the same engine might make converters easier to make, but they've always been a pain in the rear end. The best I ever experienced was going from V1 to HoI2, it's the only "successful" conversion I've ever had.

I'd looooove it if paradox them selves had a decent CK2 to EU4 converter built in. Hell I'd gladly pay full-price for expansions that just add in reliable conversion, specially with a "tweaker" to let you correct and fiddle with the conversion process. To play CK2, then convert to an EU4 game, then convert to V2 would be absolutely amazing. Spend CK2 freeing Bohemia from the HRE and create an empire of its own, spend EU4 converting all my provinces from polish or german to Czech and getting access to the Baltic sea and colonizing key areas, then V2 reaping the rewards of a huge ethnically unified central european juggernaut.

I would pay $20 each for these converters! I think a lot of people would buy such add-ons.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Having them on the same engine might make converters easier to make, but they've always been a pain in the rear end. The best I ever experienced was going from V1 to HoI2, it's the only "successful" conversion I've ever had.

I'd looooove it if paradox them selves had a decent CK2 to EU4 converter built in. Hell I'd gladly pay full-price for expansions that just add in reliable conversion, specially with a "tweaker" to let you correct and fiddle with the conversion process. To play CK2, then convert to an EU4 game, then convert to V2 would be absolutely amazing. Spend CK2 freeing Bohemia from the HRE and create an empire of its own, spend EU4 converting all my provinces from polish or german to Czech and getting access to the Baltic sea and colonizing key areas, then V2 reaping the rewards of a huge ethnically unified central european juggernaut.

I would pay $20 each for these converters! I think a lot of people would buy such add-ons.

Yeah, converting from Vicky I to HoI2 was pretty much just a matter of copying over the savegame file and then loading it. You'll still have a lot of work to do if you want the end result to be an actually interesting scenario, like creating ministers and leaders, setting techs, and adjusting names, borders, and OOBs, but a Vicky/Ricky endgame save will load in Hearts of Iron 2 and play just fine.

Also agreeing that I would definitely, happily pay money for official scenario converter/editor tools.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Krataar posted:

I got the heart of Darkness Expansion and have been loving it so far. I'm playing a westernised china game because everybody mentioned just how badly they break the world when you do it. It took 5 years from westernising to becoming the top great power and taking on Russia, GB, and Austria in a Crisis war. The only trouble I'm having is I can't seem to add wargoals. My allies have been doing just fine (prussia looks to be getting ready to form greater Germany when the war ends), and the Ottomans have added several war goals of their own, but I haven't been able to add any. It just says the war isn't going that well despite Russia being almost completely occupied and India almost completely falling to my armies. Any ideas on how to get war goals added? or is it a Crisis issue. Otherwise loving the additions to army comps and westernising as an unciv.

I haven't seen anyone answer this, so let me take a shot at it: How is your personal war against the Russians going? I believe adding a war goal needs you to have a better warscore when looking at you vs. them, one on one, not how the whole war with all allies is going.

If you are personally occupying a lot of Russia or something then I don't know what the problem is, sorry.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Zip posted:

-Also the viccy 2 beta patch crashes me out 100 percent of the time. Each time after the intro movie ends. :(
Go figure.. beta patch but has any encountered this problem or found a work around?
Have you tried extracting the patch files to a new folder, then copying them over to the V2 folder yet? My game kept crashing until I did that, somehow the extracting/copying straight from the zip to the V2 folder wouldn't work correctly.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Krataar posted:

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I haven't seen anyone answer this, so let me take a shot at it: How is your personal war against the Russians going? I believe adding a war goal needs you to have a better warscore when looking at you vs. them, one on one, not how the whole war with all allies is going.

If you are personally occupying a lot of Russia or something then I don't know what the problem is, sorry.

Don't you need to have above a certain amount of support for jingoism among your population before you can add wargoals? I remember trying to add some during a war that was going really well but I couldn't due to lack of jingoism.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

Don't you need to have above a certain amount of support for jingoism among your population before you can add wargoals? I remember trying to add some during a war that was going really well but I couldn't due to lack of jingoism.

Yeah, although it seems to count up slowly during the war by some mysterious Victoria mechanism of which I am unaware.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

Yeah, but that's a separate issue. He said it was telling him that he didn't have enough warscore to add a goal so I figured it must have been the personal warscore thing.

That jingoism requirement is annoying, too. In my Persia game all I had to do was wait and it would tick up because, as Fintilgin says, "mysterious Victoria mechanism," but in my new Mexico game it ticks up about .3 points, and then down about .3 points, and then back up about .3 points.... and so on. I'm having to slowly chip away at the US, one state every 5 years because my people are a bunch of wusses. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Yeah, but that's a separate issue. He said it was telling him that he didn't have enough warscore to add a goal so I figured it must have been the personal warscore thing.

That jingoism requirement is annoying, too. In my Persia game all I had to do was wait and it would tick up because, as Fintilgin says, "mysterious Victoria mechanism," but in my new Mexico game it ticks up about .3 points, and then down about .3 points, and then back up about .3 points.... and so on. I'm having to slowly chip away at the US, one state every 5 years because my people are a bunch of wusses. :mad:

I've heard, but not confirmed, that support for jingoism goes up slightly when you win battless or sieges.

• Locked thread