Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Oh god :stonk:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1099844

Friend's XJ got butchered by a retard running an "offroad shop". He's currently trying to figure out what to do about it, current demand is that they return $1000 of his deposit money and all his aftermarket parts, leaving them with the hillbilly-fabbed shell and part of his deposit.

I think that's being too generous, but he kinda just wants to get out of it and move on with his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

netwerk23 posted:

The problem with them is that they can only serve one person at a time, and that person will now spend 4x as long picking a drink. The normal dispensers can at least have more than one cup going at once and it's very easy to pick your drink. I like the idea (although I hate the touchscreen that has no feedback) but there's always a line now.

That, and the fact that while you're waiting for the fizz in your cup to settle before you top it off, the menu resets itself so you have to choose your drink all over again if you want to add more. Not to mention how much the touchscreens suck.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

kastein posted:

Friend's XJ got butchered by a retard running an "offroad shop". He's currently trying to figure out what to do about it, current demand is that they return $1000 of his deposit money and all his aftermarket parts, leaving them with the hillbilly-fabbed shell and part of his deposit.

I think that's being too generous, but he kinda just wants to get out of it and move on with his life.

Jesus. I'd vote for shooting it and putting it out of its misery. I don't know poo poo about correct 4x4 setups but even I can see why half of that poo poo would fail instantly like welding that shock straight to the axle...

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

kastein posted:

I totally understand where he's coming from about getting out of that mess, especially when he pointed out what they've done to the unibody. Holy hell.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Shocks don't appear to be welded straight to the axle, but now that you say that, the front shocks are mounted to this incredibly hack bracket welded to the side of the lower control arm. Not only is the mounting bolt essentially in single shear (since there's almost nothing supporting the outer end of it, just some bent 1/4 plate and a few tack welds) it will rotate the control arm against the limit of the heim joints, wearing them out prematurely, as well as wearing out the shock bushings extremely quickly and introducing some very strange handling characteristics from the small zone of almost undamped suspension travel caused by the rotation of the control arm.

And yeah, no matter what, that chassis is junk with what they've done to it. It's just a matter of who ends up with how much money and parts at this point.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Sorry I meant the lower link. I don't know why I wrote axle. Seems like as soon as it articulates up (not that this thing should ever be allowed to) it's going to give somewhere. Especially with that weird rear end inboard spring setup.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

kastein posted:

Friend's XJ got butchered by a retard running an "offroad shop".

drat :stonk: is a understatement.

However, it does make we wonder what the work at your average :rice: shop looks like.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22449442

What's that, Skippy? The dibble can just, like read things you wrote on a public forum? :rolleyes:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
What a maroon. Also that Jeep looks like some A+ quality work.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

:psyduck:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I took this photo of either the most or least self-aware Volkswagen in the Safeway parking lot. Click for a better look at the stickers, the "ubercool" license plate, and the lovely "fog lights" that look like track lighting fixtures.

My favorite is either the multiple five shocker stickers all over it, or the O'Reilly Auto Parts sticker.

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 9, 2013

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I hate that shocker sticker so loving much.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I'm glad rage faces and internet meme bullshit finally found its way into vw-ricer circles, it lets me think they are idiots for more than one reason at a time.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

atomicthumbs posted:

I took this photo of either the most or least self-aware Volkswagen in the Safeway parking lot. Click for a better look at the stickers, the "ubercool" license plate, and the lovely "fog lights" that look like track lighting fixtures.

My favorite is either the multiple five shocker stickers all over it, or the O'Reilly Auto Parts sticker.

Wrong thread -- gotta be trollin'. TWO shoshinsha decals on a German car? Come on, buddy. That ain't no Honda.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

enojy posted:

Wrong thread -- gotta be trollin'. TWO shoshinsha decals on a German car? Come on, buddy. That ain't no Honda.

You'd think that...but no. Jettas have become the new Honda, go to any local college, they are being picked up by a lot of ricers lately, especially as the A4 is becomming an older and cheaper car.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

If I ever own a Lamborghini, I'd troll the piss out of people with a horrible wrap similar to that. The wailing and gnashing of teeth, indeed.

ctishman
Apr 26, 2005

Oh Giraffe you're havin' a laugh!

Who the gently caress rattlecans an Audi?

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

your rattlecan is their ~custom matte finish~

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

ctishman posted:

I'd wager that's plastidip. The B6/B7/B8 forums on Audizine are currently spraying everything they can with plastidip.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Speaking of lovely stickers:

The gently caress is wrong with people?

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
When you can buy a $1800 B5 A4 1.8T Quattro, worse sins than Audi's emerge.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Devyl posted:

If I ever own a Lamborghini, I'd troll the piss out of people with a horrible wrap similar to that. The wailing and gnashing of teeth, indeed.

I actually like the wrap and the rest of the look but the motorcycle slipons are a bit too much

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Why would you put that on your car? Why?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Octopus Magic posted:

I imagine a mentality of "HEH vagina joke LOL my buddies are gonna LOVE THIS poo poo". Consider the target market.

Also I have a serious boner for matte finishes, so I don't hate that Audi as much as I probably should.

I also haven't seen nearly as many slammed/stanced VW Golfs in the Seattle area with shocker stickers lately as I used to. Jesus, a few years ago, 9 out of 10 Golfs I saw had gigantic shockers in the back window.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Octopus Magic posted:

As the mighty car mods would say...

"For mad street cred man!"

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Code Jockey posted:

I imagine a mentality of "HEH vagina joke LOL my buddies are gonna LOVE THIS poo poo". Consider the target market.

Also I have a serious boner for matte finishes, so I don't hate that Audi as much as I probably should.

I also haven't seen nearly as many slammed/stanced VW Golfs in the Seattle area with shocker stickers lately as I used to. Jesus, a few years ago, 9 out of 10 Golfs I saw had gigantic shockers in the back window.

The misogynistic manchildren who buy that poo poo are often the same people posting in MRA on Reddit, so I'm not hugely surprised.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

atomicthumbs posted:

BUILT NOT BOUGHT.

(There are two shocker stickers on the back of that poo poo jetta.)

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

G-Mach posted:

BUILT NOT BOUGHT.

That one is one of my biggest hates. Especially when you see it on a bare-stock car with maybe a new set of wheels on it. What part of that did you build, exactly?

I saw a completely standard Focus yesterday with a sticker saying 'NOT BUILT ON BENEFITS'. And again, I had to wonder... what of it was built? Unless there's some mental 4WD V8 conversion underneath or something, in which case, fair play.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
What if I paid someone to install the components competently? What slogan fits my needs :ohdear:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Pizza delivery bloke near me had a Passat with a "built in Germany, perfected in Stoke" sticker on it. Lowered, stanced, big exhaust with sooty marks all up the bumper, stickers, hidz, illegal tint, poo poo bodykit, It fell apart quickly and was replaced by a Prius.

Stoke's idea of perfection doesn't agree with mine.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Wasabi the J posted:

What if I paid someone to install the components competently? What slogan fits my needs :ohdear:

:smug:Contracted, not transacted

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

joat mon posted:

:smug:Contracted, not transacted

Fabricated, not desecrated.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

VolumeOverTalent posted:

I saw a completely standard Focus yesterday with a sticker saying 'NOT BUILT ON BENEFITS'. And again, I had to wonder... what of it was built? Unless there's some mental 4WD V8 conversion underneath or something, in which case, fair play.

This actually sounds more like some :911: anti welfare poo poo to me.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Previa_fun posted:

This actually sounds more like some :911: anti welfare poo poo to me.

I was thinking it refers to the (wrong) rumor that was going around that Ford took no government money.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Nah, it's nothing that clever, I fear. It literally means that whatever it was that was 'built' on the car, it was done with his own money, rather than spending his dole money on it. I just find it stupid to see that sort of sticker on a bog-standard car with nothing visibly done to it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

VolumeOverTalent posted:

A reference to the GM bailout?

Ford did sell a V8 RWD conversion kit for the 1st generation Focus, actually. It wasn't a big seller at about $20k (plus car).

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Anyone who appreciates this decal is like a vagina

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

enojy posted:

Anyone who appreciates this decal is like a vagina

Full of centipedes?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ctishman posted:

Oh c'mon at LEAST rattle can it in the Audi Sport colors: Red, Grey, Black.

I mean, that is what I want to do. Straight Black is so Honda Ricer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome