Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Bongo Bill posted:

With all this comic does to capture the feeling of the Mario RPGs, it's unsurprising that she's reminding me of Valentina, if for no other reason than the shape of her head.

I was gonna say she looked like Queen Bean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Lance Streetman posted:

Pretty sure the (father?) is a Clarinet, judging by his black coat and buttons.
I thought that was Princess Piano at first, but yeah, she doesn't have those buttons like that.

Certainly Piano takes after her father(?) more.

I'm getting a Queen Bean vibe from Cymbal, too, although at a second glance Cymbal doesn't look that fat - just has a really wide head and skirt.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 08:15 on May 1, 2013

Nashvillain
Jan 29, 2009

B.F. SKINNER GIVE ME STRENGTH

Paul.Power posted:

I thought that was Princess Piano at first, but yeah, she doesn't have those buttons like that.

Certainly Piano takes after her father(?) more.

I'm getting a Queen Bean vibe from Cymbal, too, although at a second glance Cymbal doesn't look that fat - just has a really wide head and skirt.

A reeeeeeally wide head at that. I get the whole instrument theme, but I only see Mayor McCheese.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Sketch art of the Melody Royal family.

Looks like that is Piano's father, and he's definitely some kind of wind or reed instrument.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
All I see is a giant hot dog head.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-337/

Yup, that's her mouth.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Over halfway to that $85K stretch goal, people in this thread that haven't shelled out need to open up a wallet.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!
Obviously everyone needs to double their payment right now so that we get there :colbert:.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wind God Sety posted:

Obviously everyone needs to double their payment right now so that we get there :colbert:.

I'll do it if/when we start getting closer. I really want almost a year of double updates....

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario

fritz posted:

Over halfway to that $85K stretch goal, people in this thread that haven't shelled out need to open up a wallet.

Oh fine. I was going to wait for my book 1 to come in first (it's certainly taking its time), but I'll pledge now. In for a penny, in for :20bux::20bux: is the saying, I believe?

but really, how long does it usually take to ship? i've waited a good week and i've been wanting to see it because i need a reason to reread the prologue and chapter 0

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

So the artist for Paranatural, VIBE and Demon Kings had a stream and gigi showed up in the chat at the end when JR(demon kings guy) was taking requests and drew this fanart on request.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-338/

I keep imagining Cymbal sounding somewhat like Jenny's mom from My Life As A Teenage Robot.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Come on Cuco, you should know that the life of a hero is never that easy, and even when it is, you'll still be stuck doing a dungeon crawl and boss battle, only it'll be because you got it signed instead of because you want to get it signed!

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Cucumber's gonna snap.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Of course this concert is more important then saving the world. :allears:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I won't be satisfied if the concert is anything but the awkward Lamiroir concert cutscene from Apollo Justice translated into comic form

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-339/

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Looks like I'll be getting a Cucumber Quest book at TCAF this year.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Dr Pepper posted:

Of course this concert is more important then saving the world. :allears:

Piano probably gets bothered for autographs constantly. And given how bad the Dream Oracle is at spreading the word Cymbal probably thinks this sounds like a bad scam.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I guess inbreeding is a bad idea even in bunny lands where princesses are needed every 500 years or however long it was.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
I'm sticking with Cymbal is very protective of Piano and like any mother, she doesn't want anything disrupting her daughter's preparations for the concert.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I bet Piano will destroy the next Disaster Master with her voice.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ooh, good call. Will she go with the classic crystal-shattering high pitch or the more modern guts-loosening brown note?

Or both at once?

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Phy posted:

Ooh, good call. Will she go with the classic crystal-shattering high pitch or the more modern guts-loosening brown note?

Or both at once?

She's going to bust out a wicked facemelter. :black101:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Man, the idea of the bard being a character who comes from the Melody Kingdom is super obvious... but now I think I'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Luminous Obscurity posted:

She's going to bust out a wicked facemelter. :black101:

If this doesn't actually happen I will be very disappointed because Gigi would do it perfectly with CQ's art and humor style.

I bet Almond would love it.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

"She yells so loud the SPACE kingdom can hear!" :allears:

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Kickstarter hit 55K, 3 updates a week June through December. :toot:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Brovstin posted:

Kickstarter hit 55K, 3 updates a week June through December. :toot:
Is there a way to donate without signing up for anything, like via paypal or something?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Not via Kickstarter, no. Sometimes people will have a paypal donation thing set up alongside Kickstarter that counts towards the goal, but I don't think Gigi has done that.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Xander77 posted:

Is there a way to donate without signing up for anything, like via paypal or something?
Kickstarter handles payment through Amazon, do you not have an amazon account?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

If you don't feel like setting up with Amazon, you can always just get the books directly from her shop when they print in November or so using Paypal, if it goes like last time.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Gah, I keep forgetting to donate! I want another sweet sweet hardback! :(

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-340/

Can't have anything disrupting the concert.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

I wonder how long Carrot's been looking for an excuse to wear his party hat.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
A surprise update?

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-341/

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Piano doesn't look very happy.

Also she's a lot more greyscale then in the title page.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Piano doesn't look very happy.

Also she's a lot more greyscale then in the title page.

Well, if she got happy, she'd scream and then the Space Kingdom would call us to keep it down.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Make sure to check out Gigi's next art show: Princesses looking somber over balconies before somebody knocks on their door. Entrance fee is donate to the kickstarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Sunday's update!

At least with her crazy voice, she won't be hard to find. :v: