Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Walter posted:

I suspect Vilerat would be aghast at his mother's showing up on Hannity.

Yeah. :smith: :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Walter posted:

I suspect Vilerat would be aghast at his mother's showing up on Hannity.

We need to invent some kind of new word to describe this because understatement ain't cuttin it.

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

Warchicken posted:

We need to invent some kind of new word to describe this because understatement ain't cuttin it.

Yeah, really.

To me, that's the saddest thing about the whole issue. I'm a Star Trek TNG fan from way back, and I recall an episode where a mother and scientist goes out of her way to exact revenge on an alien life form that killed her son. Data is in a position to have that son's journal entries in his memories, and when the mother asks Data to tell her that her son is at peace and glad for what she did, Data is forced to tell her that what she did was expressly against what her son would have wanted, and that her actions would have made him sad, rather than what she hoped: that he'd thank her for killing the alien lifeform that killed him.

I remember thinking how much this situation with Vilerat's mother is like that fictional scenario. If she realized how completely counter her actions are to what her son believed, I think it would destroy her.

EDIT: I know this is probably silly to make Star Trek analogies here, but it was what popped into my head after watching that episode not long ago. I apologize if it made too light of the situation, it wasn't my intention.

Walter fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 9, 2013

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Obama is the Crystalline Entity? Its all making sense now...

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I'm all for this analogy as long as Joe Biden gets to be Q.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009
I love how these Monday Morning Quarterbacks Generals know that rescue was totally possible.

No way packing a bunch of special forces into a C-130 for a pre-election rescue attempt could possibly go wrong.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
Now I got people posting pictures on Facebook saying that two Navy Seals held off Benghazi the riot for 7 hours and Obama could have sent more people to be there in 4, BUT HE DIDN'T!

Is this mild bullshit, like the USS Liberty was fired upon by accident; or peak bullshit, like 9/11 being an inside job?

My first reaction to the picture was literally "No way! How in the hell can a riot that needed to psych itself up to attack a consulate with a handful of guards withstand 7 hours of combat? Wouldn't they just give up and go home after a while?" Mind you, this guy is also a Holocaust denier, so anything political he says I take with all of the salt.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

TwoQuestions posted:

Now I got people posting pictures on Facebook saying that two Navy Seals held off Benghazi the riot for 7 hours and Obama could have sent more people to be there in 4, BUT HE DIDN'T!

Is this mild bullshit, like the USS Liberty was fired upon by accident; or peak bullshit, like 9/11 being an inside job?

My first reaction to the picture was literally "No way! How in the hell can a riot that needed to psych itself up to attack a consulate with a handful of guards withstand 7 hours of combat? Wouldn't they just give up and go home after a while?" Mind you, this guy is also a Holocaust denier, so anything political he says I take with all of the salt.

I have absolutely no idea why some of you folks tolerate having any form of association with people like this. :)

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

I have absolutely no idea why some of you folks tolerate having any form of association with people like this. :)

I do it because those people don't cease to exist once I cut off contact with them, so I'd rather make an honest attempt at breaking through to them and leave it up to them to sever if my opposition to their misguided views is too much for them to handle. Plus, many of them on my end are family members and I'd rather see them achieve the same spark of enlightenment I had instead of writing them off.

e; Grammar

NatasDog fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 9, 2013

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

There is no rational debate with Wingnuts. There is only mockery and scorn.

I stand back agog, once again, that such frivolous witch hunts can be conjured out of thin air, and yet here we are, again.

The imbalance between the Right and Left wings concerning the Media is stunning.

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

Mo0 posted:

I'm all for this analogy as long as Joe Biden gets to be Q.

I can't imagine who else Uncle Joe could be.

Van5
Sep 9, 2011

Walter posted:

Captain Picard?

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
In today's right wing media news, you'd think there'd be no possible way to try to use the Cleavland incident to attack Obama and social program spending right? Well if you said yes, look at how naive and innocent you are.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/05/08/unbelievable-limbaugh-complains-ohio-kidnap-victims-might-get-welfare/

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

Van5 posted:

Captain Picard?

And Al Gore is Commander Riker -- they both got better once they grew a beard.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

redshirt posted:

The imbalance between the Right and Left wings concerning the Media is stunning.

It truly is. Almost as stunning as the persecution complex born from the never ending feelings of unfairness and bias that all right wingers, and even a large percentage of centrists, view as abject fact (that the media is overwhelmingly left wing).

Amused to Death posted:

In today's right wing media news, you'd think there'd be no possible way to try to use the Cleavland incident to attack Obama and social program spending right? Well if you said yes, look at how naive and innocent you are.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/05/08/unbelievable-limbaugh-complains-ohio-kidnap-victims-might-get-welfare/

I said it on the last page. I'm surprised it took this long.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I saw a blurb/headline about Rush being outraged that the Cleveland women might receive welfare.

OK there, dude. Don't hurt yourself trying to get shitcanned from radio forever.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Phone posted:

I saw a blurb/headline about Rush being outraged that the Cleveland women might receive welfare.

OK there, dude. Don't hurt yourself trying to get shitcanned from radio forever.

From the article I read he was speculating that the three abductors took the women so they could use them to get welfare (double with a child!) :downs:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

From the article I read he was speculating that the three abductors took the women so they could use them to get welfare (double with a child!) :downs:

Yep, that's definitely why they held them for ten years. Case closed, charge them with fraud.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm sorry about my earlier statement. It's now clear that Rush was just asking questions. Not implying anything.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How would that even work? Don't you have to prove you have them as dependents somehow? Wouldn't showing identification of three missing women tip someone off?

I know it's Rush and he's just filling the radio with his stream of consciousness hot air but I'm really looking forward to the facebook messages about the rash of kidnapping related welfare fraud.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

I am certain that in addition to kidnapping these women for welfare benefits, he forced them at gunpoint to register as Democrats.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Boy he sure gets a lot of mileage out of offending all the liberals who are not ever listening to him. I think the average viewer is imagining a balding, ponytailed man listening to the entire show, just purpling with impotent rage and kneading his WHYY tote bag.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
I rather enjoyed this "Correlation equals causation :byodood:" segment today

Rush Limbaugh posted:

Gun violence is down as gun ownership has increased and concealed carry permits have, too. "With Gun Violence Down, is America Arming Against an Imagined Threat?" The media and the headline writer here at the Christian Science Monitor are saying, "You people with guns, you people are actually nuts! You're wackos. I mean, you're out there, you're buying all these guns, and there's no threat. Gun crime is down. You're arming up against an imagined threat.

Even when they go talk to the guy from the Independence Institute in Denver who points out, "You know what? Isn't it strange that as Americans have 'armed up,' as you say, gun crime has plummeted?" Because the left loves to say that all these guns out there, and all that ammo out there, "Why, that's just gonna increase gun crime!" It's just the exact opposite. I have to laugh here because the Drive-Bys thought they were on to something, and they don't even see the correlation.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/05/09/america_arms_up_gun_crime_goes_down

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

SedanChair posted:

Boy he sure gets a lot of mileage out of offending all the liberals who are not ever listening to him. I think the average viewer is imagining a balding, ponytailed man listening to the entire show, just purpling with impotent rage and kneading his WHYY tote bag.

Buncha people in this thread apparently do just that! Well, minus the tote bag and the ponytail. Then again I remember the goons.jpg thread, so lets go ahead and leave the ponytail in the mental picture.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Walter posted:

No way, he could only be Riker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVIGhYMwRgs

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The fact that all the outrage right wingers are showing about Benghazi is directed at the lack of coverage, rather than anything actually said at the hearings, should be telling.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Warchicken posted:

I always worried that if I bit it in Iraq, my parents would start hauling my picture around to some NO APPEASEMENT NO SURRENDER type tea party poo poo. It happens all around though. I wonder how many arch conservatives died in 9/11 to have their liberal loved ones go on to talk about how betrayed they felt by George Bush.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Dr Christmas posted:

The fact that all the outrage right wingers are showing about Benghazi is directed at the lack of coverage, rather than anything actually said at the hearings, should be telling.

No poo poo. There's been a ton of coverage. Go to the "left wing" sites - CNN and MSNBC and whatever - the Bengahzi story is on the front page. Maybe the font's not big enough and "IMPACT-ful" as it is on Drudge or FOX, but still. The fact that I still know it's sort of kind of an ongoing story is testament enough that it's being covered since I go out of my way, for the most part, to avoid FOX, talk radio, etc.

Christ, we're even talking about it and we already know it's a horseshit story.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Bill O'Reilly talking about what a huge scandal the BENGHAZI cover up is right now. Mentions that MSNBC spent no time covering it today and CNN only 17 minutes so their viewers are just low info losers who would rather pay attention to wastes of time like upcoming state gay marriage bills and some murders in Cleveland than whats really important, BENGHAZI! Also MSNBC is obviously just the media pawns of Obama and the Democrats (:ironicat::irony:) and they are complicit in the biggest scandal in American history. But don't worry folks him and Hannity will be spending 2 hours tonight discussing the OBAMA/HILLARY BENGHAZI coverup.

They seriously pushing this bullshit as hard as I have ever seen them push it. It's pathetic.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo. You guys remember the trailer Glenn Beck's "Agenda 21"? Just found an excerpt for it on Amazon and no surprise, it's batshit insane:

Stupid Fat Fuckface posted:

“We had our own farm once. Land. Rolling hills. Green fields. We raised animals, crops. We owned property. It was ours.”
“What happened to it? Where was it?”
“Far away. It was far away. Laws changed. The Authority owns all the property now.”
Why, I wanted to ask, did the laws change? But I didn’t ask her, didn’t interrupt the stories. If I did, she would shut down and turn her face to the wall. That would be the end of her talking.
“We kept animals on the farm,” she said.
Imagine that! Keeping animals! At every Social Update Meeting they remind us that animals are sacred and belong to the Earth, not to people. Animals are protected. We have to recite, in unison, the Pledge of Animals.
I pledge allegiance to the Earth and to the sacred rights of the Earth and to the Animals of the Earth.
Just last month a man was dragged by the Enforcers to the front of the Social Update Meeting and made to kneel before the Authorities. They accused him of running over a snake with his energy bicycle. I think he tried to say it was an accident, but his voice was shaking and hard to hear. His head was down, his chin almost on his chest. He looked small and old, kneeling that way. They put the...

What's honestly remarkable is that I've written honest-to-god attempts at batshit insane parody of what Conservatives think is going to happen if liberals take over. And my attempt at writing satirical crazy bullshit STILL doesn't do as much justice as what I've just read here.

Glenn Beck's madness has circled the globe and come back looking even more like parody than I could ever hope to manage. :psyduck:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I'm reminded of those short stories people were writing in LF right before the 2008 election. "There came the jangling of chains and 'grillz' as Obama and his gang of street toughs ascended the steps of the capitol. The pResident elect began to speak, while his posse popped and locked in unison behind him."

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

ShadowCatboy posted:

Holy poo poo. You guys remember the trailer Glenn Beck's "Agenda 21"? Just found an excerpt for it on Amazon and no surprise, it's batshit insane:

What's honestly remarkable is that I've written honest-to-god attempts at batshit insane parody of what Conservatives think is going to happen if liberals take over. And my attempt at writing satirical crazy bullshit STILL doesn't do as much justice as what I've just read here.

Glenn Beck's madness has circled the globe and come back looking even more like parody than I could ever hope to manage. :psyduck:

Try sitting at your county commissioners meeting when they unanimously pass an anti-Agenda 21 resolution.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Seoinin posted:

I'm reminded of those short stories people were writing in LF right before the 2008 election. "There came the jangling of chains and 'grillz' as Obama and his gang of street toughs ascended the steps of the capitol. The pResident elect began to speak, while his posse popped and locked in unison behind him."

Got the whole thing right here.

King Hussein Obama I, flanked by his bodyguards, stepped out of his blinged Limoscalade and marched up the gold-lined marble steps of Washington Palace. It should have been a glorious day, yet under his heavy yet exquisite crown of carved human fetus-ivory his brow was ridged deeply as he silently brooded. Still, his posse, boomboxes on their shoulders, dance-walked up the steps, chains and gats jangling over the din as they grabbed their crotches.

As his trusted associates T-Von and Mook-Mook the Bushman pushed open the grand organic farm-grown cruelty-free redwood doors paid for by his 95% tax rate, he stepped into the antechamber of the gold-domed palace. Outside, ShariaVentalism reigned, but in here his word was law, and all his white teen sex slaves cowered before his glare more than even the hemp whips of their latte-drinking tweeded atheist masters.

He walked down the hallway toward his office and a prisoner in chains passed before him, lead by two turban-wearing Mexicans. He spotted the King and began shouting curses.

"You loving fascist! I knew it! I knew it! I told them, but they wouldn't listen, that your health care platform was a slippery slope to all this! You won't get away with this! The will of the Free Market will not be denied!"
"Seelenceo een the prezence of the Keeng, preesoner!"

King Obama spotted a chance to improve his ill mood.

"Bring him here. Good. Give me his file." The king looked over the prisoner's dossier. A long list of crimes against the state, and a repeat offender.
"You'll never get away with this! Never!"
"Hush now, Mr. Jack. We have ways of dealing with unruly sorts such as yourself."
"Praise be to Allah, seenyor."
"Peh! I spit at your torture! The Free Market gives me strength!"
"Oh, no, not anything as gauche as torture."

The King grabbed a syringe from the outstretched hand of one of his nearby breakdancing bodyguards, and plunged it into the man's helpless neck.

"Now you are immune to rubella."

Kyle's lingering, echoing screams of tormented horror brought a slight smile like a crack in Obama's stony brown face as he walked into his lavish velvet-lined office and shut the door behind him. He motioned for his bodyguards to leave the room, and he addressed the giant screens hanging over his desk.

"Screen one on. Connect to Emperor bin Laden of Eurabia. Screen two: Hugo Chavez of the U.S.S.A.R.. Screen three: The High Elder of Zion."

The three figures appeared live via satelite.

"Gentlemen," began Obama darkly, "it's time to have...a conversation."

Still makes me laugh.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Axetrain posted:

Still makes me laugh.
All hail Goatstein

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune
I would be totally fine with living in Glenn Beck's dystopia

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Axetrain posted:

Is there a link to the thread this was in? Phone posting.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
That thread was one of the best that ever came out of LF. Somebody do link it.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Axetrain posted:

Thanks so much for the repost. Man, if I weren't so busy I'd get back into writing satire. Looks like there's plenty of wiggle room after all.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I'm dumb, why would being made immune to Rubella be a bad thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Stoat posted:

I'm dumb, why would being made immune to Rubella be a bad thing?