Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
If I wasn't working tonight I'd go up there and put it on a trailer just to be an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Possibly a good deal? S2's seems rare and probably more reliable than the turbo model

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3784826554.html

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

If what was disclosed is accurate, that's a pretty drat good deal.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
Going to check this out later on today.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
So, have you got a body kit picked out for it yet?

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
I'm trying to get this guy to trade me for the fiat, but he reeeaaalllyyy wants a triumph stag instead. What a nutcase.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

VideoTapir posted:

So, have you got a body kit picked out for it yet?

not yet lol but it def needs a wing sumthin. I really want 2 get lambo doors tho get a h22 swap in there and go around eating V8 mustangs n poo poo. Getting mad pusssy. Hoo yeah! Gotta get a custom plate v8eater. But seriously folks ima go check ebay for some lowering shocks and HIDs
*+*+*PEACE!*+*+*
-D!Plowski-

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Tai-Pan posted:

I emailed him and I will drive up there tonight if I get a response.
gently caress any of you that get in my way.

So did you ever get a reply? Whats the status of this car, the CL ad is still up so presumably its still for sale.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

shoopeach posted:

So did you ever get a reply? Whats the status of this car, the CL ad is still up so presumably its still for sale.

I might be in line first...

Vigo327
Dec 24, 2012
IF I CONTINUE TO WHINE ABOUT THE PROBATIONS I RECEIVE, REPORT THIS POST SO THAT I CAN BE PROBATED AGAIN
They havent responded to my email. Of course, there's probably a long line ahead of me.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Vigo327 posted:

They havent responded to my email. Of course, there's probably a long line ahead of me.

No response here either.
Might just go grab it and throw $3k on his lawn.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012
he hasn't replied to my email either, I'm curious how many emails this poor guy has received since the post.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Maybe we'll get a new listing for it at $5k.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

Maybe we'll get a new listing for it at $5k.

looks like the current listing is now deleted....someone somewhere out there got a craigslist gold deal

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3758032286.html

Didn't toaster pastry have an S2000 with an orange cage?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

That "hardtop" is tragic.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
He should've had it black or carbon surfaced:

It doesn't look that bad IMHO

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Leroy Diplowski posted:

I'm trying to get this guy to trade me for the fiat, but he reeeaaalllyyy wants a triumph stag instead. What a nutcase.

no link to the add? I have really wanted another 20v aw11 for a while......

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Octopus Magic posted:

He should've had it black or carbon surfaced:

It doesn't look that bad IMHO

I don't really like that look on S2000s but to each his own

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

It's a shitload more aerodynamic than the soft top/other hardtops.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010

Octopus Magic posted:

It's a shitload more aerodynamic than the soft top/other hardtops.

Looks almost like a Chrysler Crossfire to me from the back. Having said that, I like the way they look. :saddowns:

In other news, I really wish we had good, cheap S2000 in Australia.. those things look fun as hell. :( Cheapest one is a '99 with 180,000 kilometres and is $16k.. with sideways pictures.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Classy ad.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Poor guy just needs something more practical for his new family. Like a literbike.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I always love dudes who want to trade their broken turbo car for a sport bike "or sumthin"

4 grand with a lovely engine that has no compression is SUCH A DEAL though.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Please tell me someone from AI got that Mazda.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Octopus Magic posted:

I always love dudes who want to trade their broken turbo car for a sport bike "or sumthin"

4 grand with a lovely engine that has no compression is SUCH A DEAL though.

I'll give him a copy of 'Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing' and 'Complete Idiot's Guide to Financial Planning' for it. Hell, I'll even throw in a pack of Huggies.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Newly painted everything.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

StormDrain posted:

Newly painted everything.

Where we're going, we don't need tail lights.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Actual Gold?

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/3759345038.html

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This has to be gold, there couldn't have been too many of these made.

edit:

holy gently caress, that's clean for a 16 year old car.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 10, 2013

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
What the fuuuck. As a former SHO owner (V6 with the manual, sorry oval kill, I want to like you but I just can't) and SHO forum lurker, I have never heard of a factory chameleon paint offered on the gen 3 SHOs. If he can prove it, that could be pretty drat rare indeed.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Yeah no. I think the only car to ever come with chameleon paint standard is a TVR, and I'm not even completely positive on that.

A Ford, on the other hand? No friggin' way.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

Yeah no. I think the only car to ever come with chameleon paint standard is a TVR, and I'm not even completely positive on that.

Don't be so sure. Ford offered a paint like that on Probe GTs in the mid 90s. I specifically remember that.

Also, Lotus offers it as a factory option.

I'm sure there are others.

You just don't see it much because it's ugly and stupid.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus

KozmoNaut posted:

Ford did offer the Cobra in "Mystichrome". I don't think that SHO is factory though.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Motronic posted:

Don't be so sure. Ford offered a paint like that on Probe GTs in the mid 90s. I specifically remember that.

Also, Lotus offers it as a factory option.

I'm sure there are others.

You just don't see it much because it's ugly and stupid.

I learned something today.

Also, in addition to being ugly and stupid, it's completely impossible to spot repair, you have to repaint the entire panel. Which is even more expensive than normal paint.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Even Cadillac and their stupid pearl essence paint is loving annoying to fix, I can only imagine the cluster gently caress to repair a panel on that thing.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Maybe they meant it was a factory Ford paint, which is true.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
Not gold at all. Add this to the cabrio with bits missing for $10k and I have to wonder what the hell is going on.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/glenmaggie/cars-vans-utes/1992-lada-niva-4-cylinder-petrol-2nd-lada-niva/1016999937

Vigo327
Dec 24, 2012
IF I CONTINUE TO WHINE ABOUT THE PROBATIONS I RECEIVE, REPORT THIS POST SO THAT I CAN BE PROBATED AGAIN

Powershift posted:

This has to be gold, there couldn't have been too many of these made.

There was a 3g sho with a rare color shifting color that was a light purple, but this is not that color.

I talked my friend into buying one of those cars i found for $500. We kept the motor and sold/scrapped the rest. He's semi sorta looking for a small rwd convertible to put it in. Maybe something italian. Not a real high priority right now since he needs to build a garage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Wrar posted:

Maybe they meant it was a factory Ford paint, which is true.

Ford will let you get just about anything you want if you order it from the factory. You need a dealer willing to play ball, a lot of patience, and be willing to possibly spend way too much money on it. I ordered my pickup with exactly what I wanted on it - including a posi front and rear, just like my '74 pickup had. I actually got a hand written note with the truck on the back of the build sheet to the effect of "we should be making trucks off the line like this still - good job."

I have a hard time believing anyone would do this for a Taurus. But......I've seen much worse that probably cost a lot more money so who knows.