Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Ulysses S. Grant posted:

Here's mine: QDZRJZK

Claimed.

Schistosity, I'll PM you a code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schistosity
May 15, 2009

Thanks!

edit: code claimed

Schistosity fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 7, 2013

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Schistosity posted:

Thanks!

Thanks!

I have a code - PM me if somebody wants it.

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 8, 2013

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Wow. My first box took over two weeks to get here, but the second one took six days. Did they get a US distribution hub, or was I just super lucky?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I finally got my first box and I was super excited about it!

Summer Berry Flapjacks: This was the first thing I tried and holy poo poo, I could eat that for a week. The berries in it are amazing and it manages to be just the right amount of sweet. The oats are also great and I seriously can't find a thing I didn't like about it. LOVE.
Texan Corn Salsa: The almonds are great in this, but the corn is pretty forgettable and the corn chips are alright. In what was otherwise a very sweet box, I appreciated something a little bit different. Left it at try.
Tropical Daquiri: I absolutely loved the dried pineapple and mango, but I only got a piece each of them and the rest were the lime-infused raisins. I liked them at first, but I grew tired of them pretty quickly since that was almost the entire packet. Sent it to the trash.
Billionaire's Shortbread: I could go either way on the blanched almonds, but its been a really long time since I've had quality chocolate and the fudge was just icing on the cake. I'm also a massive fan of cranberry raisins, so this worked out great for me. LOVE it again.

czechshaun
Dec 13, 2004
en trance
This looks like a cool concept and I have recently been eating a lot healthier! Hoping to score a code from a friendly goon. I will pass my eventual code on as well!

edit: code received, I have one to give away as well.

czechshaun fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 8, 2013

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I want to pay it forward, so the first goon to post an email address gets my invite code.

schunoko
Apr 29, 2009
Third box was kinda meh. Two likes, but they aren't strong likes so yeah. Here we go.

Bonnie Wee Oatbakes The most love it or hate it snack on this board and I am firmly in the hate column. The marmalade was actually good and I would happily put in on toast, but when mixed with the dry, oddly flavored oatbakes? It almost didn't want to swallow it. It's like my brain said "Why swallow? You've already thrown up. It is there in your mouth." TRASH

Toffee Apple I really liked the toffee dip on this one. I wish the dried apple pieces were a bit bigger and hey, those were pretty dang good too. A good sweet treat and winner of this week's box, LIKE

Shangri-La I expected to like this one the best as I like all the ingredients already, but unless you were eating it all at once, it was just too drat dry. Not enough pineapple in my little tray which is sad. Their dried pineapple is fantastic. I do still like it and if I get it again, I'll portion it out to the amount of pineapple I get. TRY

Vanilla Cherry Frangipane Do you like almonds? Do you like dried cherries? Do you like slight not too overpowering vanilla? You will like this. I already make an almond and dried berry mix and now I think I'm gonna figure out how to toss some vanilla in there. Until then, LIKE

Samswing
Jan 8, 2009

:dukedog:
Finally got my first box a few days ago and I got;

Honey Flapjacks
loving delicious. Everything that could be said about the flapjacks has already been said tenfold. love

Texas Corn Salsa
I actually loved this little guy. The sweet and salty mix of the corn and the nuts was absolutely perfect for me. I was expecting a much sweeter, and corn centric mix, rather than than having that salty bar mix taste that I absolutely adore. love

Summer Pudding
I really wanted to like this I love all the components separately, but together, with the weirdly dry sponge pieces and the sickly sweet yogurt, it just didn't work for me. trash

Pistachos
Welp, if you like pistachos, you will like these. like

Overall I really dig this. I am really liking what's getting shipped to me and the surprise is fun as well. Will I get four things I adore in every box?

Probably not.

But where's the fun in that?

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
This looks interesting and I'm quite interested to try it out.

email already got it

Pfefferbao fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 8, 2013

Edison Carter
Mar 26, 2010
Also really interested in giving it a go. If someone could toss me a code at kirin70@hotmail.com I'll be sure to pass my own invite along to someone in the thread. Thanks!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Pfefferbao posted:

This looks interesting and I'm quite interested to try it out.

email sortingalgorithm at yahoo

Sent. Enjoy!

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Two boxes in, this is a pretty cool little service. My second box was about 4 or 5 days late, but that's alright. So far I've gotten:

Box #1

Billionaire's Shortbread:
Was very good, albiet a little sweet, was wavering between like and love, but I kept it on like because it was my first box, and there could be much better things!

Cheddar Gorge: Decent. Left it on try. Not sure why I didn't like it, I usually like cheese things, perhaps the consitency of the crackers? I don't know.

Summer Berry Flapjack: These were pretty awesome, put them on like though because cranberries.

Hot Cross Yum: Liked everything involved, quite enjoyable.

Box #2!

Super Berry Detox:
Put it on like, quite good, but it could use something to cut the berries. Maybe pour it over a salad or mix it into cheese or something.

Summer Berry Compote: Amazing. Berry stuff was great, crackers were great. Love

Bonnie Wee Oatbakes: Like the guy above me said, the marmalade wasn't bad, but the cracker's don't mix very well. I actually tried the crackers from both these dippers in the opposite sauce and they both matched up really well. If the berry compote crackers came with the onion marmalade it would be a lot better. Or even if they put the weird oatbakes in with the berry compote they would also be better. Trash.

The British Barbecue: I've always heard that the british have bad food. I guess it's true. Trash.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
Gone.

Rurutia fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 8, 2013

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011

Dienes posted:

Sent. Enjoy!

Got it, thank you.

Yours has been sent.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Oh wow this sounds great. Email is sunshinesalerno(at)gmail.com if anyone has a code. PM works too.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
I've gotten two boxes so far. So far, I've gotten pistachios once in each box (all right because I love pistachios and can manage to not eat the whole little container in one sitting), and two dippers that seem to have more savory dipping bits and (to me) horribly disgustingly sweet dips. So, aside from the apple/toffee and berry compote one, can anyone let me know if any of the other dips are not sweet?

I'm not liking the sound of onion marmalade, so I'm wondering if I should just preemptively hate all of those. I really liked the first set of flapjacks I got, and I would be entirely happy with a box that was all various fruit/nut mixes, so it's not like I'd be missing out. But I'd happily try any of the savory dippers as long as the dips weren't hitting the stupidly sweet discordance I hate. Since I ganked a code off of page 2 of this thread, and I don't have PMs, I'm taking the lazy route and here's a code 2V1NR45.

Brief trip report:
Box 1
Lightly toasted pistachios - Like - I prefer a bit more salt when I have to shell them.
Tutti Frutti - Love
Summery Berry Flapjack - Love
My Thai - Trash - I kinda liked the bits, but ugh that dip

Box 2
Black Pepper Pistachios - Love - I knew this before I opened it, but they're similar to ones I've bought before.
Smoky Gazpacho Dip - Trash
Toffee Apple - Haven't tried it yet, but I know I'll like it at least
Hot Cross Yum - Love - Seriously, a whole box of dried fruit would not anger me

So yeah, if the other dippers are similar, let me know so I can trash them all.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Onion marmalade's got a tang to it, but it IS a bit sweet if you can taste past the initial sourness. I rather liked it, but I can totally see why people would hate it.

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.
Are flapjacks a 'thing' in America, or are they a British dish? Like are you guys discovering what flapjacks are for the first time in your lives, because if so that's very :3:.

ALSO, did most people get 'Hot Cross Yum' in their first or second box? I feel like that's one of the ones they push to lure newcomers in :3: - those delicious, cracky honey almonds.

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
Flapjacks are like granola bars right? If so, then yeah.

Dorian Grey
Nov 3, 2006
King of the Mod Wolves

Quinctia posted:

Since I ganked a code off of page 2 of this thread, and I don't have PMs, I'm taking the lazy route and here's a code 2V1NR45.

Snatched this, so here's a new code for anyone who wants it: JPTJYNC

Promethorn
Oct 26, 2008
This sounds like a neat idea. If anyone has a code toss me a PM or email at promethorn (at) gmail.com

*edit: Welp ^ I guess I'll take that one. If anyone wants a code let me know.

Promethorn fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 8, 2013

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pfefferbao posted:

Flapjacks are like granola bars right? If so, then yeah.

Flapjacks are granola bars that don't gently caress around. Most granola bars in the US tend to try to be low-fat, which kills the overall flavor.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

notsowelp posted:

Are flapjacks a 'thing' in America, or are they a British dish? Like are you guys discovering what flapjacks are for the first time in your lives, because if so that's very :3:.

ALSO, did most people get 'Hot Cross Yum' in their first or second box? I feel like that's one of the ones they push to lure newcomers in :3: - those delicious, cracky honey almonds.

If I ever get you for PISS or something, I'm sending you American granola bars so you can enjoy some lovely compressed sawdust things with chunks of chocolate in them.

:3: But if you look back toward the beginning of the thread when everybody started getting their first boxes, nobody had a clue what a flapjack was and we all kinda thought it might be a granola bar? But we weren't sure. And then people actually got their boxes and they're amazing. I know I've never had them before now and the vast majority seem the same.

I got Hot Cross Yum in box 1 and while those honey almonds are addictive, but it was Florentine that hooked me. Even though it's so simple it's probably still one of my favorites. Plus, there was some chain of mall kiosks that had honey roasted almonds and pecans (a while back? I haven't seen one in forever) and I loved that poo poo. While these are still much better, it was kind of a familiar flavor. ...Unlike cranberries and dark chocolate. :negative:

Bathos
Sep 20, 2004

Welp, I got charged for my third box (which is being prepared!) even though my second has not yet arrived.

Gonna see how this pans out for now. :(

Bathos fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 9, 2013

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Bathos posted:

Welp, I got charged for my third box (which is being prepared!) even though my second has not yet arrived.

Gonna see how this pans out for now. :(

The boxes take FOREVER to arrive, but they're pretty good once they get there. I changed my deliveries to weekly so it doesn't take as long in between boxes. Once you get your first box with weekly deliveries, the next one seems to be pretty reliably there in one week.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
Anyone have a code and want to send it to me at Atticus1354 gmail? This looks better than buying lovely snacks at the store.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

notsowelp posted:

We should do an international granola bar exchange. You would be appalled at what they sell at U.S. grocery stores. You have to make them yourself if you want them to be tasty.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

notsowelp posted:

We have granola bars, but they come in two forms. There's the dry, low-fat ones that you could build a house with, and there's the over processed bathed-in-corn-syrup version that comes out incredibly chewy but somehow just as dry as the others. Moist, fall-apart flapjacks are really something new over here.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
I've had a couple brands of organic granola bars that seemed a bit comparable. One of the reasons I buy a lot of organic labeled prepackaged foods is to escape the over processed junk.

Manakin
May 2, 2013
You all still cruising for voucher codes?

9T31HY7D
Good for 4 uses at time of writing.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

notsowelp posted:

flapjacks here are pan cakes. We do have what you call a flapjack here, we just call them granola bars.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
UK goons, use my code YYZ7PVK for a free box. I don't think there's any limit on uses!

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

If anyone is interested in British Flapjacks, I found a little piece by the Guardian on them: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2011/mar/10/how-to-cook-perfect-flapjacks

It goes into detail of the different types of oats, flour, additions, how to make, etc. Pretty cool.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
In the past three boxes, I've gotten a total of four new snacks, with my latest box being all snacks I've already tried. I'm pretty disappointed right now.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
After a length of time in which I almost forgot I even signed up for this my first box arrived!

Black Pepper Pistachios - The black pepper adds a nice tang that replaces the usual bitterness of salt nicely.Like
Tutti Frutti - Typical dried fruit. Never had dried pineapple before, which was the only bonus of this I guess. Try, but only because it's kind of boring
The British Barbecue - Surprisingly good, but I can see myself getting sick of it real fast. Good thing the portions are small enough that'll never happen. Like
Summer Berry Flapjack - gently caress SUPERMARKET GRANOLA. gently caress IT FOREVER. Love

flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy

Kudosx posted:

In the past three boxes, I've gotten a total of four new snacks, with my latest box being all snacks I've already tried. I'm pretty disappointed right now.

I was having this issue even though I had the setting to send me more tries and I ended up just trashing everything I've tried before. Kind of annoying to not be able to use the rating system like it's intended but there's a bunch of snacks I want to try and don't want a bunch of repeats. I figure once I've tried everything I can go back and untrash everything I liked.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
From what I'm seeing, it appears as though Graze is dealing with the "chocolate melts" situation in the summer by not delivering items that melt easily during the summer months. This is reasonable if you have a lot of items like that on your send list, I guess.

I had great delivery experiences with my first 5 boxes but the last 2 haven't arrived, 3 weeks out and 2 weeks out respectively. What do they do when things don't get to you?

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008

baquerd posted:

I had great delivery experiences with my first 5 boxes but the last 2 haven't arrived, 3 weeks out and 2 weeks out respectively. What do they do when things don't get to you?

If you email them about it, they'll probably apologize and credit you for an upcoming box or two. Basically "we're sorry, cross your fingers and hope it doesn't happen again". Why they'd rather give out free boxes (I ended up with 3 or 4 before I cancelled) than provide some kind of tracking, I don't know, but maybe it'd eat into revenue too much or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Welp my April 29th box is lost since it's May 10 now. I'm probably going to cancel this week because it's honestly not worth it when I can get a big tub of dried fruit for $5.

Anyone have a flapjack recipe? Really the only thing I'd miss.

• Locked thread