Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Kgummy posted:

Well if you get a permit maybe. But it looks like it's not common knowledge that you need a permit to go there. Hell, it might not even be possible to get a permit without going on planet. In which case, trying to get a permit results in you becoming a slave.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if that was exactly how the "permit" situation worked, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Well, how the Allied Human Colonies - seperate from the Petrevoltian government - now have the woman who knows why wars happen. This reminds me of Evan Dahm's comic Order of Tales - it's littered with asides, and one of those asides is also a macguffin.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Apr 15, 2013

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I think we're getting close to the final act, with these double-crosses coming up, Plume dead and Athena showing up.

I suspect Dunkirk will turn out to be with Petrevolt, considering how resourceful he has shown himself to be so far and the fact that his mistake at the start of the comic is what allowed Not-Plume to come onboard.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
I don't remember this Petrevolt/AHC stuff at all. o_O Would someone mind a quick sum-up, or a link to the arc that explains it?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Mr. Wednesday posted:

I don't remember this Petrevolt/AHC stuff at all. o_O Would someone mind a quick sum-up, or a link to the arc that explains it?

Humans = pets ->
Humans revolt ->
Human planet = Petrevolt ->
Humans = pests -> AHC?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

my dad posted:

Humans = pets ->
Humans revolt ->
Human planet = Petrevolt ->
Humans = pests -> AHC?

That flew right over my head. And here I was thinking it was a "Russian Kind of Name", which wouldn't have made sense as everyone speaks English and all the planets have very literal names in English. Goddamnit Thorsby.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Oh wow, that's obvious now that you've pointed it out. I always thought it was Petre-volt, not Pet-revolt.

I can't remember though, what was the AHC's goals and whatnot? Or at least, what we've been told.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Kgummy posted:

Oh wow, that's obvious now that you've pointed it out. I always thought it was Petre-volt, not Pet-revolt.

I can't remember though, what was the AHC's goals and whatnot? Or at least, what we've been told.

So far as I remember, the only thing we know about AHC is that they don't like Petrevolt.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd suspected that this might end with the torture arm on the doctor, looks like it might happen next.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
I was thinking that it would end up in Not-Plume, and that the pain chemicals are actually :catdrugs: for humans. Would have been a good time.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, for all his sneaking and cowardice, Dunkirk's kind of a badass after-all.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Warning, the prisoner is armed! :downs:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Limbchooser fistfights are wacky as hell.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
This fight scene goes gloriously with Yakety Sax :allears:

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Can somebody please explain why he is stealing the doctor(?)'s limbs?

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

GyverMac posted:

Can somebody please explain why he is stealing the doctor(?)'s limbs?

Because the doctor stole Dunkirk's limbs.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I can't help but get the impression that the new comic is setting us up for something ridiculous. I know that mostly always true, but now I think it's more true than normal.

DNE
Nov 24, 2007
Wait, we still don't know what a gamblerist is, do we?

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
I'm loving the fight between Dunkirk and the doctor. Limbchooser martial arts must be a sight to behold.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Unless you're participating. :v:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Daktar posted:

I'm loving the fight between Dunkirk and the doctor. Limbchooser martial arts must be a sight to behold.

It is.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Hey, hold on, where'd the torture arm disappear to in this chaos?

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

It's to the right of them, in front of the door. And it's totally Chekhov's Arm.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I bet Thorsby has been anticipating this scene from the moment he first imagined Limbchoosers.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Note that neither of them is eating any limbs. Probably because neither of them wants to be stuck at the end of a war of attrition with poo poo for limbs.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 30, 2013

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
Perhaps Limbchooser limbs are poisonous to Limbchoosers?

This would make sense if you look at the limb as an independent organism. Preventing themselves from being cannibalized would put them at an evolutionary advantage.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
No, it was stated earlier that a Limbchooser can eat their own limbs, such as in situations where they would starve otherwise.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I'm surprised limbchoosers don't habitually go around with more than just two legs, two arms etc. Some backwards facing eyes at the very least.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Daktar posted:

I'm surprised limbchoosers don't habitually go around with more than just two legs, two arms etc. Some backwards facing eyes at the very least.

I assume that the extra limbs are really hard to coordinate and providing nutrition for them would probably exhaust the main body really fast.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Tails Gets Trolled could learn something from this fight scene.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Well, that's certainly an interesting tidbit we learned in the latest comic. Voice for limbchoosers solely relies on the voice box limb, not anything particular to a single limbchooser. Identity theft must be a pain for them.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Mannerisms and other parts of someone's idiolect would still be personal though, but that's generally more subtle.

But yeah, finger prints, retinal scanning, and voice recognition are all useless to limbchoosers. I wonder what biometrics they could have developed for themselves. (Probably in the form of a limb, of course.)

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Well, that was convenient. You'd think someone would notice that voice recognition would be a bad thing for limbchooser security.

And of course the torture arm thing ends up not getting used at all.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Kgummy posted:

Well, that was convenient. You'd think someone would notice that voice recognition would be a bad thing for limbchooser security.

And of course the torture arm thing ends up not getting used at all.
Based on Wednesday's strip I'm not sure these guys are all that sharp.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

may contain peanuts posted:

Based on Wednesday's strip I'm not sure these guys are all that sharp.

I'm beginning to think this is all an elaborate test/training exercise to enlist ~Plume.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
So we're going to find out the reason for war. Unless Dunkirk interrupts. He's going to interrupt, isn't he?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Only good things happen when Øyvind Thorsby puts people in closets :allears:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Evilreaver posted:

Only good things happen when Øyvind Thorsby puts people in closets :allears:

Yeop. Dis about to get guuud.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Well, that certainly is a last panel in the latest update. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It's technically not the first time he's drawn him. Technically.

Edit: Holy poo poo. I've realized why this secret is of interest to governments and other political organizations. If this information becomes widespread across civilized space, it could result in greatly reduced participation in wars if the people realize that wars are largely obsolete and no longer benefit them. But if leaders get wind of the information first, they're obviously going to want to keep it secret since they'll know that in most civilized societies, wars only really benefit leaders.

Edit: Of course, in terms of spacefaring societies, it's an all-or-nothing sitation in regards to dumping war; see the Prisoner's Dilemma as applied to morality.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 12:12 on May 9, 2013

• Locked thread