Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

I'm one of the few who like Garlin's podcast, but I don't know if I'm willing to sit through anything involving Michael Moore. Has anyone taken the leap? Is it a good episode?

It's pretty entertaining, regardless of your opinion of Moore or your personal politics. But then 70 mins in, Jeff lets Moore speak uninterrupted for what feels like 3 hours about OJ Simpson not being the killer of Nicole and Ron and it gets reaaaaaally awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Horatio as the head shop owner complaining about I4H's content was hilarious.

Also I need to know why Ben calls him Raj.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I just figured it was short for Horatio.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah that's what I assumed.

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

I'm one of the few who like Garlin's podcast, but I don't know if I'm willing to sit through anything involving Michael Moore. Has anyone taken the leap? Is it a good episode?

It's pretty good, but towards the end Moore goes on a 15-minute conspiracy-theory-esque rant about OJ Simpson that goes nowhere. If that sounds like torture, you should probably turn it off before he gets there.

j8910
Apr 2, 2002

Dancing Potato posted:

It's pretty good, but towards the end Moore goes on a 15-minute conspiracy-theory-esque rant about OJ Simpson that goes nowhere. If that sounds like torture, you should probably turn it off before he gets there.

I actually liked that discussion. It does go on for a bit too long.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Very cool setup to vote on what you want to see on HDTGM.

http://fyi.earwolf.com/

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Have they done an M. Night Shyamalan movie? I can't remember them doing one, so I'm glad The Happening is taking such a commanding lead. Space Jam is a movie they have to do eventually as well.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

God I hope Space Jam wins, I can't wait for two hours of them discussing how amazing the movie is and then half an hour of them singing and dancing to the theme song for the movie.

Seriously the song is already in my head just from reading Space Jam.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

j8910 posted:

I actually liked that discussion. It does go on for a bit too long.

I liked that too, it sounds like Moore thinks OJ's son did it. But he was really just saying that the LAPD investigation was terrible, which it was, as per the results. Also voting space jam.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I just figured it was short for Horatio.

Yeah but how?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Just pronouncing the bolded part--Horatio--differently.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
The Maron ads were fantastic on this week's RSS. Reality is going to bites for the next seven weeks. How am I going to last that long?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Nemo posted:

The Maron ads were fantastic on this week's RSS. Reality is going to bites for the next seven weeks. How am I going to last that long?

IT CAN'T BE TRUE

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This was posted in the Comedy Podcast Megathread a few days ago:

urk the quack posted:

Looks like Reality Show Show inadvertently got someone fired. According to the latest Bone Zone (which still has its funny moments btw, but a little heavy on phone calling) Sean O'Connor was fired from the Shaq internet show ("Upload with Shaq" I think?) after the network found out he told a story on RSS about Shaq having a fight with his girlfriend during shooting. You can hear the episode here.

Basically, he violated an NDA by telling the story. It still sucks for him and RSS. Half the fun of the show is Hayes and Sean getting random guests to either discuss how dumb reality shows are, or for the guest to demonstrate the stupidity first-hand.

Basically it sucks and I hope it doesn't affect RSS/Earwolf bookings.

Wonder if it's got anything to do with that?

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Nemo posted:

what

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Here's the last I4H episode on Youtube finally if anyone hasn't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUJMi04JcDg

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Deadpool posted:

Very cool setup to vote on what you want to see on HDTGM.

http://fyi.earwolf.com/

"Bonkers" "Next-level bonkers" "Utter garbage" "Literally made of garbage" "Five loving garbage cans" is the most confusing ordinal scale of ranking quality that I've ever seen.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Here's the last I4H episode on Youtube finally if anyone hasn't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUJMi04JcDg

Man I already listened to the audio version but the video is so dope seeing Ben Schwartz (what an angel) expressions on some of the jokes is amazing, can't wait until I see Lapkus react to the videos.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

piratepilates posted:

God I hope Space Jam wins, I can't wait for two hours of them discussing how amazing the movie is and then half an hour of them singing and dancing to the theme song for the movie.

Seriously the song is already in my head just from reading Space Jam.

The only reason I would ever want The Happening to win is because they could get PFT to be Werner Herzog as the guest.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Jerkface posted:

IT CAN'T BE TRUE

This is going to suck :( I assume they just have side things to take care of.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Eltoasto posted:

This is going to suck :( I assume they just have side things to take care of.
Fortunately we have the parody twitter accounts to fall back on while we wait.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I voted for Space Jam even though I love Space Jam.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Mob posted:

The only reason I would ever want The Happening to win is because they could get PFT to be Werner Herzog as the guest.

I love The Happening so much. That movie is stupid as hell and the deadpan performances of Wahlberg/Deschanel were just great.

But I somehow doubt that HDTGM can beat the Flophouse episode.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo I do not want Matt to be angry at me ever.

VVV Besser...

Mozi fucked around with this message at 15:40 on May 9, 2013

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Who's this 'Matt' you're referring to?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Mozi posted:

Holy poo poo I do not want Matt to be angry at me ever.

VVV Besser...

Im glad he finally went off on someone for being an rear end in a top hat instead of maintaining some sort of politeness.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Best case closed ever; hope he starts doing it every episode. I know some people hate the segment because it's mildly intense and it eats up time for improv scenes, but I've said it before and I'll say it again—I would listen to Matt Besser chat and get furious about anything.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Politicalrancor posted:

Im glad he finally went off on someone for being an rear end in a top hat instead of maintaining some sort of politeness.

Yea I know I've complained about him being a dick before but since then I've realized him being polite and just humoring a huge idiot rear end in a top hat is way worse than him just losing his poo poo on someone.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Wow this guy is a piece of poo poo. Like, even disregarding his awful opinions. He's incapable of owning his opinions and taking responsibility for the poo poo he says. He acts like he's so open minded and magnanimous while not actually budging a millimeter on his lovely opinions. He can't even come up with the bare minimum of an argument or reasoning for those opinions, he just keeps repeating "You're right, you're right," even though he clearly doesn't believe that. He's such a loving passive aggressive coward. It's hilarious how he's backpedaling like crazy and trying to sound like he's reasonable, but then Besser reads one of his tweets and it's the most ridiculous homophobic poo poo.

e: does it seem to anyone else like every time he says "the media" he's mentally adding "Jew-run" in the middle of it?

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 10, 2013

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It made me laugh that on the show this guy was initially arguing that Jason Collins "wasn't as much of a hero as Jackie Robinson" but was conceding that he is a brave man, then Besser reads one of the tweets where this guy flat-out calls Collins a coward.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I haven't been a fan of the Case Closed segment in the past. I still don't love it, but I think Matt telling the other people on the panel to let him do the talking helps a ton. The ones I've disliked the most were the ones that seemed like a pile-on and just having it be one on one makes for a clearer discussion anyway. Matt did a good job of keeping the segment while also making it fair.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Agreed that making it a one-on-one is much more enjoyable. I never really look forward to it or anything, but I do always find something inherently hilarious about having a 10-20 minute segment of an otherwise very light-hearted comedy show that is just a man getting increasingly enraged on the phone to someone he disagrees with regarding a fairly heavy topic.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I still kinda wish he'd just not do it, but at least this time avoiding a pile-on where everyone's just trying to one up each other made it listenable.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
'Case Closed with Matt Besser' should just be a completely separate 20 minute podcast.

Edit: Oh! And I forgot how loving great it was when the guy said he'd love to come back on the show and talk sports. No self-awareness whatsoever.

tnimark fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 10, 2013

Harvey Wallbanger
Aug 15, 2009
The breakdown of this idiot on case closed is just beautiful. Haven't been a fan of the segment in the past but listening to this dude pathetically backpedal and try to ingratiate himself and do damage control as Matt just piles heaps and heaps of poo poo and openly mocks him has me losing it. Matt is just hilarious when he's indignant. I just hope he continues to pick his targets this well in the future.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
You guys should post these thoughts on the Earwolf forums if you haven't already.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The best part was Gabrus calling Besser out for saying "im right" at the end of the call, which was about as hilarious.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
I'm listening to it now and it's crazy how much this guy is backpedalling. He's even breaking out the old "I have gay friends" line to try and excuse his bullshit right as Besser reads his tweets out loud. Besser's the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I finally got around to watch the last video I4H, and Lapkus' reactions to DemoniousX were as good as advertised.