Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach

linall posted:

Are the commentators right in saying that KTB threw their previous set to get matched up against Ozone? Because that is hilarious if true.

They did, someone posted about this last week I think. It was massive massive disrespect (in a gaming culture that is all about respect and manners) and they are getting their comeuppance. KTB down 0-2 in their BO5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Dyllyn posted:

They did, someone posted about this last week I think. It was massive massive disrespect (in a gaming culture that is all about respect and manners) and they are getting their comeuppance. KTB down 0-2 in their BO5.

down 2-1. KT B won the first game. I am hoping ozone pulls this out, but I don't know if imp's Varrus is as good as his Vayne.

linall
Feb 1, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

down 2-1. KT B won the first game. I am hoping ozone pulls this out, but I don't know if imp's Varrus is as good as his Vayne.

They're on track to close out the series 3-1 too. Obviously not crazy far ahead, but they are up.

e: Guess I jinxed them. Nice four kills though.

linall fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 10, 2013

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

linall posted:

They're on track to close out the series 3-1 too. Obviously not crazy far ahead, but they are up.

inSec's Lee Sin would say otherwise. Genuinely one of the most amazing initiations I've ever seen.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

anti-magic posted:

inSec's Lee Sin would say otherwise. Genuinely one of the most amazing initiations I've ever seen.

inSec's Lee Sin is like a crazy wizard that makes impossible plays, but MVP are playing really well right now, and it looks like they're going to take this series. Jayce is just destroying everything in sight, he was about 10 hp away on Lee Sin from a Penta.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Superfed Jayce is going to poke like crazy. There's no way KT B is winning this.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Holy poo poo if this game gets reset that is absolutely awful.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
That's me, I'm the black cat who causes technical issues whenever I watch a LoL match.

@Studio : thanks for the team breackdown, I didn't really follow the NA LCS, so it's a good help for tonight.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
See ya later KT B.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Sorry! 2-1. KTB is so done in the 4th game as well.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Yeah. It's done. InSec got caught like 4 times and threw the game.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Justice is served.

linall
Feb 1, 2007

Miftan posted:

Yeah. It's done. InSec got caught like 4 times and threw the game.

To be fair, InSec only genuinely hosed up once. The other times were crazy flash just at the end of the range grasping roots grabs. It's more a testament to how amazing Mata is than InSec throwing.

e: Amazing play all around though. Good game Ozone.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

linall posted:

To be fair, InSec only genuinely hosed up once. The other times were crazy flash just at the end of the range grasping roots grabs. It's more a testament to how amazing Mata is than InSec throwing.

I dunno dude, jumping in to save a ward when you have no idea where 4 of the 5 members of the other team are, and you are a significant distance from the rest of your team, is a pretty enormous fuckup. Even if it took a crazy good play from Mata to punish him for it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I was looking at the All-Star line-ups and NA is so horribly out-matched. Double-Lift and Dyrus are the only two who could hope to compete against Asian teams, and with so many personalities in NA on one team I don't think that NA can coexist very well.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Flameingblack posted:

I was looking at the All-Star line-ups and NA is so horribly out-matched. Double-Lift and Dyrus are the only two who could hope to compete against Asian teams, and with so many personalities in NA on one team I don't think that NA can coexist very well.

I think Saintvicious is a good jungler/shotcaller, but yeah I basically agree. Honestly I think Dyrus is the only player on the NA allstar team that really matches up with any other regions.

Edit: New music! lolesports.com

Edit2: This is much more tolerable than the generic dubsteb they had previously.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This is as good a time as any for prognostication, so here it goes.

Who will make it through to Summer season?

My guesses are:
1. Quantic (I love Complexity and I really hope I am wrong)
2. Velocity
3. Dignitas
4. Azure Cats

Where can I bet on this stuff? I bet would AC would have pretty long odds, but I'll take basically anyone over CLG at this point.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Sexpansion posted:

I bet would AC would have pretty long odds, but I'll take basically anyone over CLG at this point.

I don't have any particular dislike of CLG, I just want to see them lose to see if they'll follow through with their "we're going to disband if we get knocked out of LCS" thing.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Copycat Zero posted:

I don't have any particular dislike of CLG, I just want to see them lose to see if they'll follow through with their "we're going to disband if we get knocked out of LCS" thing.

Yeah I have no emotional involvement whatsoever, I just think they're going to lose. They're still playing season 2 LoL, and that's why they're going to lose.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Newbert :stare:

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Man I really want to see Complexity go through, but Lemonation is a RL friend of my college roommates :(

Edit: Is Bobbyhankhill the only other pro black player other than Aphro?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Bobbyhankhill new favorite player

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Nice Zac gank!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Tear on Gragas seems kind of dumb to me, he has no power over lane at all.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Schiavona posted:

Lemonation is a RL friend of my college roommates :(

The gently caress is it with LemonNation and being two degrees of separation away from goons? He's my friend's half-brother.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Quantic is rolling them

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
This game is beautiful so far. Quantic aren't teamfighting, they're just showing up and then suddenly someone on TAP has 0 health.

EDIT: Yeah, holy God, this assassination comp is paying so many dividends.

Jenny Angel fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 10, 2013

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Zac/Kha'Zix double jump in is so gross.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
This is a televised soloqueue game. TAP has never actually met before today.

"Guys, guys we need to group up, guys. GUYS. NO DONT GO ON THAT W---"

*siiiiiigggghhhhh*

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
Let's hope the second game is less one-sided.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Jonny Angel posted:

The gently caress is it with LemonNation and being two degrees of separation away from goons? He's my friend's half-brother.

Lots of goons know people from Minnesota or something I guess :shrug:

GrahamBLY
Aug 3, 2006
Better Luck Yesterday
Tear Gragas vs manaless lane seems like a nightmare scenario. Game was a total stomp so we'll never know, but that seems like the absolute worst start to a scrub like me. In the choice between damage and survivability, you choose no?

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Copycat Zero posted:

I kind of want to see this too. Them and Dig both going down would be funny with their talk about bottom four. Although I have to admit that the spring playoffs determining ultimate standings regarding relegation is messed up.

I don't really get why CLG does so badly it seems the NA teams have a real tough time stopping snowballing. You would think with as strong a bot lane as they claim they could just swap lane and push the outer turrets all the time to prevent snowballing and losing lanes. I really think Chauster is the weak link. They should forget about dragon cause they suck at team fights until they have their items.

CLG problems are Chauster is just a bad jungler or his jungle champs are weak. Hotshotgg can only play tanks, and Link doesn't roam or play aggressive champs. Link's a great solo queue mid but he doesn't put enough pressure on lane to prevent people from ganking Doublelift and Aphromoo.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
21 minute game. Ouch.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Surrender@20 with a 13k lead, good god.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Willie Tomg posted:

This is a televised soloqueue game. TAP has never actually met before today.

"Guys, guys we need to group up, guys. GUYS. NO DONT GO ON THAT W---"

*siiiiiigggghhhhh*

Report Hai for feeding TIA.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.
So Quantic just put on a clinic against TAP. I don't think I've ever seen a Zac make that much of an impact in a game before. That combination of the Zac Let's Bounce, the Sona Crescendo, and the Kennen Storm ults on the 2cd mid tower was ugly. Like solo queue ugly.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I want to see CLG go down because I think their team needs to be disbanded. The problem with CLG is Hotshot. He offers them absolutely nothing but owns the team so he'll never be replaced. The only way to replace him is to remove the team from contention. I think Aphromoo is terrible on support but one of the most exciting ADC players in the game (not necessarily the best, but the most exciting). My ideal scenario would be like Complexity advancing and them filling their vacant ADC spot with Doublelift or Aphromoo after CLG disbands. But I don't know how this weekend will shake out and that's a lot of baseless speculation for one post.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Things aren't looking good for Astral poke. I just want to hear Bobbyhankhill's name more :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Libertine posted:

I want to see CLG go down because I think their team needs to be disbanded. The problem with CLG is Hotshot. He offers them absolutely nothing but owns the team so he'll never be replaced. The only way to replace him is to remove the team from contention. I think Aphromoo is terrible on support but one of the most exciting ADC players in the game (not necessarily the best, but the most exciting). My ideal scenario would be like Complexity advancing and them filling their vacant ADC spot with Doublelift or Aphromoo after CLG disbands. But I don't know how this weekend will shake out and that's a lot of baseless speculation for one post.

I'd be so down with Complexity replacing their bot lane with CLG's.

• Locked thread