Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Studio posted:

Ahhh drat it, Vel went for Shen Zed since it's an amazing combo even though they haven't practiced it. The ultimate trap.

Sad :(

Gogo Studio you + Atlanta is a pretty impressive coaching combo, I'm sure they'll do better this time round!

Ehomda TF is, if I recall, pretty OP.

e: Also, it's really cool getting your perspective as an insider on what's going on in the matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

They really needed Karthus

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Renekton + Nasus combo pick for VES. Here we go! :getin:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I like Velocity comp this game because it seems like entirely protect and enable the Twitch which I think will work. We'll see though.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Libertine posted:

I like Velocity comp this game because it seems like entirely protect and enable the Twitch which I think will work. We'll see though.

Seems like they're going for counter initiation but don't have a lot of poke to instigate that. While TSB has a balls deep initiation comp. Not so sure if twitch will survive the amount of initiation they can put on him. Orianna would've been better than Lux imo.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

foutre posted:

e: Also, it's really cool getting your perspective as an insider on what's going on in the matches.

This. So concerned for VES right now :(

e: Can someone explain these lane swaps?

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
TSB is really good at getting away with basically 1 HP.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Comrade Question posted:

TSB is really good at getting away with basically 1 HP.

I dislike reading this post. What are picks?

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
rip velocity

e: wow that throwwwww

Koguma fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 10, 2013

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Studio posted:

Is there some reason you're unable to watch the game?

Here's the lineup:

TSB:
Kennen
Xin Zhao
Karthus
Varus
Thresh

VES:
Renekton
Nasus
Lux
Twitch
Kayle

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Why on earth did they go in on botlane? Karthus was 6 and they were 3v2. That was just stupid.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
TSB: Kennen, Xin Zhao, Karthus, Varus, Thresh
VES: Renekton, Nasus, Lux, Twitch, Kayle

efb, god Velocity are looking even worse tho

efb2: never mind

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Studio posted:

Kennen/Xin/Karth/Varus/Thresh for TSB

vs.

Renek/Nasus/Lux/Twitch/Kayle

vel is already down 4-0 in kills

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Studio posted:

e:f;b

e2: Heroic fight out of VES at dragon though

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

foutre posted:

e:f;b

e2: Heroic fight out of VES at dragon though

Yeah, 3 kills for VES and dragon put Velocity ahead :v:

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

That Cris triple kill + dragon will help things :v:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

TSB will always have the AoE gently caress option, but if Vel can stay even or better yet have Twitch get ahead they're in a good state.

I'm on phone right now.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

TechnoRobot posted:

rip velocity

Aaaaand they're back. So many mistakes being made by both teams, but I suppose it makes for an interesting back and forth match.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Edit: I'm blind, VES is 1k gold up, 4-3 VES favor. They should've stopped damage on dragon to take Nasus out, that was a free steal for him with smite up.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Miftan posted:

Aaaaand they're back. So many mistakes being made by both teams, but I suppose it makes for an interesting back and forth match.

None of the teams playing today are going to be pro quality, with the possible exception of Quantic. The true talent won't shine through until teams have had a chance to play together for a while and perform on LAN against other top teams. See: GGUniversity

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:) Cris getting kills is scary for both teams, that dude has balls that he cannot control.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

DolphinCop posted:

None of the teams playing today are going to be pro quality, with the possible exception of Quantic. The true talent won't shine through until teams have had a chance to play together for a while and perform on LAN against other top teams. See: GGUniversity

I know, but the reason this is fun to watch for me is because I know a bit of backstory about most of the teams and that makes it interesting. Really rooting for Quantic though. I've followed them for a while, and I was equally happy when GGU got into the LCS last time. They've certainly proven themselves.

e: HOLD UP. This is on the live patch? Could we see some reworked Trundles and Sejuani picks?

Miftan fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 10, 2013

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Miftan posted:

e: HOLD UP. This is on the live patch? Could we see some reworked Trundles and Sejuani picks?

No, Sej and Trundle and Liss are disabled atm

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Do you think MRN is genuinely at an "LCS" level? I mean Megazero is good, but the rest of their team doesn't seem great (Nien excepted, I guess).

e: Bash bros are brave as hell.

foutre fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 10, 2013

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Velocity really needs to figure out how to win a team fight.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

VES incapable of getting to Varus and incapable of protecting Twitch. The Bash Bros are getting some backline kills, but it's not enough to win fights and as soon as Karthus gets some more farm.. I don't see VES coming out on top unless they start doing something different.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Maybe Maplestreet should try standing behind his team instead of in front of them. He's lasted exactly the length of a Kayler ult in the last 2 fights.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah his positioning on that last fight was pretty bad

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

VEL aced twice, both fights went exactly the same way. :\

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Zahki posted:

Maybe Maplestreet should try standing behind his team instead of in front of them. He's lasted exactly the length of a Kayler ult in the last 2 fights.

FMS thinks he has to win on his own, so he's making mistakes to try and make plays.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Studio posted:

FMS thinks he has to win on his own, so he's making mistakes to try and make plays.

Cris is the only one who was doing well this game. NK Inc had some decent plays, but FMS can't do anything in teamfights, and it's crippling VES.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

That was much better from maple

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

VEL finally won a teamfight! Maple finally stayed back and NK peeled for him really well w/Nasus.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
haha man velocity tried to throw that baron so hard

GEExCEE
Sep 19, 2012

Let's see if Velocity can put this baron to good use...

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Could we invite both Velocity and TSB to the summer split somehow? These games rule

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
gently caress THAT

How do you miss

that

oh

my

god

So close to a steal.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Cris is a loving monster

e: Seconding DolphinCop, these games are so much more interesting than most of the LCS

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Ace from VES! Cris coming in late to clean up was nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

foutre posted:

Cris is a loving monster

Amazing ults from Kayle and Lux, and Cris being an absolute loving beast on Croc.

• Locked thread