Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

LoG posted:

Would anyone mind lugging my pawn around on PS3? He's a support mage and I need sweet sweet Rift Crystals. His name is Buttram and I'm on the spreadsheet. Thanks in advance.

I think I've taken him out at least once, so I'll make sure I pick him when I play later this evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I can't begin to describe my disappointment with so many player pawns. I've run into so many pawns with great skills and who look really really good.

Then I get to inclinations. Primary Inclination: Guardian. On every one of them. :gonk:

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 10, 2013

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I can't begin to describe my disappointment with so many player pawns, not so much how they work and all it's just I've run into so many pawns with outstanding skills and who look really really good!

Then I get to inclinations. Primary Inclination: Guardian. On every one of them. :gonk:

Guardianitis is why I started keeping the Death Survival Kit on hand. With this, I'm usually able to neutralize Death's threat without mashing 'COME!' to the silly easily distracted pawns so they don't start catching the Guardian disease. I mean the cure is stuffing them full of Elixirs, sure, but I find it's just better to prevent it.

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

True Dragon's Dogma starts after committing harakiri upon uncursing your stash of level 2 weapons and finding only longbows and archstaffs.

Also since I only use pawns to shoot them at things, I wish could find all these well dressed pawns. Surely there must be some middle ground between completely naked and covered in boring heavy armor.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Bought this game earlier in the week. It's pretty drat cool, ultrageneric and uninteresting setting aside.

I started out as a strider, maxed out that vocation, then switched to assassin which I'm also nearly finished with. I want to just keep playing strider/assassin, but the +20% and +10% strength augments from warrior and fighter look extremely appealing, and some of the others don't look bad either. Is there any way for me to grind those two vocations up to max real quickly so that I don't need to spend the next 20 hours or whatever playing classes I'm not interested in?

Also, any tips for a healing mage pawn? What inclinations should I be looking at, and which spells other than the obvious healing/curing/elemental weapon ones? I feel like maybe I have something on there that she's too busy casting all the time to bother giving me weapon buffs. It's pretty annoying when I'm trying to shoot a gryphon's wings and my pawn is doing who the gently caress knows what for several minutes rather than setting my bow on fire.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

gently caress yeah. Just got Badge of Vows 14. You know, the infamous one. gently caress you, Prayer Falls! :toot:

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Welp, since my entire harddrive went on the fritz on my 360 I had to replace the entire console. So now I got a new fighter pawn named Claudia. If any helpful goons wouldn't mind giving her a few hirings, I'd be quite grateful. I've also edited the pawn document to reflect this.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I can't begin to describe my disappointment with so many player pawns. I've run into so many pawns with great skills and who look really really good.

You're shopping for pawns in the wrong part of town. Use the spreadsheet in the OP. The rift stones have a search option to look for pawns by the gamertag of its owner. You'll get pawns with great skills, great inclinations and intentionally awful appearances.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
Is it me or has Dark Arisen made things harder? Maybe it's just playing a mage or smoking too much but at level 28 I actually failed that siege quest. What happens when you report back, do you have to re-do it or do you carry on? Because I think I'd rather reload an earlier save.

Gonna hop on in a bit if there are any 360 goons with pawns 0-50 that wanna hang and do monster killing stuff. GT: IllGarrett, also on the spreadsheet (Which I do try and use, but with the laptop on the bed next to my chair it's a lot more convenient to F5 the thread while I'm shopping or something)

EDIT:

I swear a goblin just said "WHO LET DA DOGS OUT?!"

TehGherkin fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 11, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone experienced enemies falling through floors in BBI? I haven't spent too much time and I've already experienced it twice. First with a Cyclops, and then with a Garm(whose loot appeared on the other side of the room for some reason). Actually, now that I think of it, they were both in the same room.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

LoG posted:

Would anyone mind lugging my pawn around on PS3? He's a support mage and I need sweet sweet Rift Crystals. His name is Buttram and I'm on the spreadsheet. Thanks in advance.

I just hired him on. Is there a reason he's only got five spells set up?

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

MorgaineDax posted:

I think I've taken him out at least once, so I'll make sure I pick him when I play later this evening.

Awesome, thanks!

a foolish pianist posted:

I just hired him on. Is there a reason he's only got five spells set up?

Drats, I was swapping some spells around and got distracted and forgot to go back and fill the rest in. I'll fix it in a bit.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Hydras are so much fun to fight :allears:

Can I potentially farm Wake Stones from the Everfall? I wouldn't mind having a fair supply of second chances next time I head into Bitterblack.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yep, you can freely farm wakestones in the Everfall. That's one of its primary purposes. Enemies and chests will often drop wakestones/wakestone shards.

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007
Well, Rubicon, I was using Siandra, and wanted to see if I could find something good to send back with her, but she left me too soon going through Bluemoon Tower. Not sure what happened, but I think a skeleton knight knocked her off at some point...

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Oh man I totally forgot about the "Share Photo" thing.
It just really makes me wish the game were on PC even more, just so I could take screenshots that aren't compressed to all hell.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Crowetron posted:

Hydras are so much fun to fight :allears:

Can I potentially farm Wake Stones from the Everfall? I wouldn't mind having a fair supply of second chances next time I head into Bitterblack.

Yep, and farming Wake stones is one of the best ways to farm gold too. Farming Cursed Weapons/Gear from BBI is probably faster now though.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Wakestones makes many fights in BBI tolerable too. Eliminator one hit kills from the stomps are the worst ways to go, I swear to god.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Wakestones makes many fights in BBI tolerable too. Eliminator one hit kills from the stomps are the worst ways to go, I swear to god.

The worst way to go is to get stomped again immediately after wakestone-ing from getting stomped.

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?
I'm pretty sure those Eliminators all have the upgrade rings for the Arc of Deliverance they hit you with on Normal+ modes. (on Easy they apparently have a 'baby' version of it that hits hard as hell but doesn't kill. Probably the original Arc of Might or whatever it was called.)

Also, it's not the stomp that kills you. That barely does any damage. It's the followup Arc of Obliteration. :eng101: (It does suck when they stun-Arc-wake up-stun-Arc while your pawns are yelling about how you died and not trying to hit the drat thing to knock it out of the Arc. Which winds up for about as long as you wind it up for, which is loving forever.)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rascyc posted:

The garm attack where they bite you and then throw you up on the air is pretty bad too. And the grapple.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
I'm in my second time through Bitterblack and at the city. Any tips for effectively making the most of the chests? Should I clear the whole thing and save/reload on each chests? Or just the "Big" chests?

Edit: Has anyone figured out approximately how many items are assigned to spawn to each chest?

Looking for someone around 120-130 to trade weapon level 2s with, still don't have a drat bow.

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 11, 2013

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Okay, so say I have one bow with about 600 physical attack and 0 magical attack, and just got another that has 550 physical attack and 550 magic attack (via a permanent fire enchantment). Is there any reason to keep the former bow around? Is there any way it could do more damage to any enemy than the new one? Enemies that are strong against fire will just negate some of the magical damage right? There's no way it could end up doing less than a pure physical damage bow to them, right?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 11, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

You know what, From a Different Sky is actually pretty fun. Just a nice relaxing dash through the countryside, on fire. Plus they suddenly get really sneaky around 50, which owns. Took me a while to realise why I couldn't find a particular one.

Doing it as a Magick Archer, if the "on fire" bit didn't clue you in. Sometimes double jump is helpful, other times levitate is. It's nice to not have to go back and change vocation all the time. I just wish all the weapon skills were for all the classes that used said weapons. Flameshroud is brilliant fun, but I bet it would be even better combined with Gale Harness. Deep Down had better sort that out. :mad:

Got up to about 60 medals so far. And while doing so I ended up with a few goofy screenshots, which I will inflict upon the thread as soon as I can get them off the PS3.

But really, MA is the best faffing about vocation. You can hover around like a nob, you can jump around like an rear end in a top hat, you can set yourself on fire like an idiot, and you can loving vaporise people. Oh my goodness I didn't know Great Sacrifice was so hilarious. Just a shame my stats suck for MA, or I would be one all the time. :allears:

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Samurai Sanders posted:

Okay, so say I have one bow with 500 physical attack and 500 magic attack, and just got another that has 600 physical attack and 0 magical attack (via a permanent fire enchantment). Is there any reason to keep the former bow around? Is there any way it could do more damage to any enemy than the new one?

Is one Magic Archer/rear end/Strider and One Ranger?

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Added myself to the list, pawn is Saruman, a level 35ish or so Mage/Sorc. I keep him as a buffer/healer/nuker, Scather/Utilitarian.
His skillset may vary slightly depending on what I'm doing at the moment, but his augments are set and he is of course dressed as a white wizard.

Haven't made it to BBI yet, I restarted the game right before I shelved it and now that DA is out I'm working my way back up to 50 or so again. I notice they haven't changed the awful Ambrosial Steak drop rate :p

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ironsolid posted:

Is one Magic Archer/rear end/Strider and One Ranger?
No they are both short bows. I could use one or the other, but if I don't have to keep both, I'd rather have the money from selling one of them.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

No they are both short bows. I could use one or the other, but if I don't have to keep both, I'd rather have the money.

I'd keep both. When you run into something that doesn't like physical damage, you're going to want that fire bow. I use Helmbarte Daggers and swap to Sapfire Daggers for living armors and other physical immune mobs.

The first one should get an extremely significant physical damage upgrade when you Dragon Forge it. Though, you might be fine using the phys/magic alone.

Are you in Bitterblack yet? I think my first visit there I pulled in over a mil gold.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ironsolid posted:

I'd keep both. When you run into something that doesn't like physical damage, you're going to want that fire bow. I use Helmbarte Daggers and swap to Sapfire Daggers for living armors and other physical immune mobs.

The first one should get an extremely significant physical damage upgrade when you Dragon Forge it. Though, you might be fine using the phys/magic alone.

Are you in Bitterblack yet? I think my first visit there I pulled in over a mil gold.
No you don't understand, I am asking whether it would be a good idea to sell the purely physical damage one, since the other one has almost as high physical damage score and then also magic on top of it. It's going to do more damage in every situation, right?

And yeah I have spent many hours in Bitterblack but a million gold isn't very much when the best weapons cost 500,000 gold and a full upgrade costs like 250.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

No you don't understand, I am asking whether it would be a good idea to sell the purely physical damage one, since the other one has almost as high physical damage score and then also magic on top of it. It's going to do more damage in every situation, right?

And yeah I have spent many hours in Bitterblack but a million gold isn't very much when the best weapons cost 500,000 gold and a full upgrade costs like 250.

check the Wiki and see how much their damage goes up when they're dragon forged. Though, that fire enchant might not be fun when you're against drakes.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Samurai Sanders posted:

You're probably fine with just Dragon's Ire. I imagine you're going to eventually farm the Daimon/Level 3 Bow, anyhow.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

Sell the physical bow. Yes, the magically enchanted bow is basically twice as good with the stats it currently has. And if you run into drakes or other mobs that resist fire, just run or use your daggers(unless they are fire too then you should probably run).

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Sell the physical bow. And if you run into drakes or other mobs that resist fire, just run or use your daggers(unless they are fire too then you should probably run).
Well, that brings me back to the original question: against fire-resistant enemies, does just the magical part of the weapon's damage get reduced, or or does it decrease the damage the non-magical part of the damage of the weapon too? That's what I have been trying to ask for the last three posts. Maybe I wasn't explaining myself very well.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, that brings me back to the original question: against fire-resistant enemies, does just the magical part of the weapon's damage get reduced, or or does it decrease the damage the non-magical part of the damage of the weapon too? That's what I have been trying to ask for the last three posts. Maybe I wasn't explaining myself very well.

Yea it seems like just the magical part gets reduced. I mean I still beat the poo poo out of wyrms(ice resistant) with my ice mace on my MK, it just takes slightly longer as opposed to when I had my holy enchanted weapon.

Agar Agar
Jun 14, 2007

There is so much info in this thread I can't remember if I've read this or not. Are you able to get the quests back that get dropped for taking the meet the duke quest?

Also, thanks to the person that gave my pawn a sexy lingerie makeover!

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007
Well, this is embarrassing Hamilton (a goon pawn from the list)...

Also, this ogre was not happy with me.

Flumpus fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 11, 2013

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Agar Agar posted:

There is so much info in this thread I can't remember if I've read this or not. Are you able to get the quests back that get dropped for taking the meet the duke quest?

Also, thanks to the person that gave my pawn a sexy lingerie makeover!
Do you mean in the same playthrough or in NG+? Once those quests expire, you can't go back until NG+.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

McDragon posted:

You know what, From a Different Sky is actually pretty fun. Just a nice relaxing dash through the countryside, on fire. Plus they suddenly get really sneaky around 50, which owns. Took me a while to realise why I couldn't find a particular one.

Doing it as a Magick Archer, if the "on fire" bit didn't clue you in. Sometimes double jump is helpful, other times levitate is. It's nice to not have to go back and change vocation all the time. I just wish all the weapon skills were for all the classes that used said weapons. Flameshroud is brilliant fun, but I bet it would be even better combined with Gale Harness. Deep Down had better sort that out. :mad:

Got up to about 60 medals so far. And while doing so I ended up with a few goofy screenshots, which I will inflict upon the thread as soon as I can get them off the PS3.
Around 80 you start getting ones that depend on game state, there are like 8 that take place in the Great Wall and Tainted Mountain which become inaccessible past the mission that takes you there, so be careful. I believe something like 10 of them are skipped because they are in post-game Gran Soren.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Have they added much to the game outside the new expansion zone? I mean things like quests for the starting areas, etc. I finished the game and most of the post-game ages ago and just grabbed dark arisen and plan on starting again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Murodese posted:

Have they added much to the game outside the new expansion zone? I mean things like quests for the starting areas, etc. I finished the game and most of the post-game ages ago and just grabbed dark arisen and plan on starting again.
Not huge changes, but they did make a number of things a lot more convenient. For instance, you can find a lot more port crystals lying around than you could in vanilla Dragma (aka just the Bluemoon one). They also reduced the price of ferrystones, so fast traveling is a lot more accessible now, which should make things more enjoyable. You also have free access to most of the original DLC stuff, like having the DLC armor/weapons at the Black Cat for purchase. Some stats/augments were tweaked, too. There will also be some quests you get in the DLC area for fighting DLC monsters in the main map.

• Locked thread