Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I wouldn't be surprised if the album leaks soon since I got an email this morning that my CD shipped. I ordered it directly from the Daft Punk site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Looks like an abandoned shot from Electroma. Especially considering they've changed the clothes costume since then.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
I've actually never seen Electroma, and know nothing other than some people really want to believe Human After All was made to go over it ala Interstella 5555. Is it any good? I'm kind of curious now.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The entire thing is on youtube. It's good if you know ahead of time that it's an artsy fartsy experimental film more concerned with cinematography than anything else and it doesn't have any of their music in it. Kicks off with a great Todd Rundgren song though.

The really impressive thing about it is Thomas was the cinematographer on the whole thing and he says he learned everything he knew by looking through back issues of film production magazines. And it looks loving fantastic. Some people have all the talent I guess.

Edit: If you want it looking proper it's on itunes as well. I had the DVD until I lent it to someone, thinking oh well a blu-ray is probably around the corner.......but no. Nothing yet. SIGH.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 10, 2013

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Electroma is really cool visually but just ridiculously slow.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C683ACADxkw

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Yes! The one I've been waiting for. I goddamn love Paul Williams

Doctor Claw
Dec 25, 2007
I'll get you next time Gadget - next time!

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I'm so glad they mention Phantom of the Paradise was featured, it is one of my favorite films.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Basically the electronic music equivalent of a stoner talking about the 60s

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Doctor Claw posted:

I'm so glad they mention Phantom of the Paradise was featured, it is one of my favorite films.

I was curious if they'd mention the similarity between the mask in Phantom and the robot masks. Nice to see it got a nod (I'd love it if they made the music video for that song a tribute to Phantom)

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Same here. I have a hard time imagining the outcome of this collaboration, so this really renews my hype for this album.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I can't wait for this album. I hope everyone in this thread that missed their tour last time can go whenever they announce dates. Seeing Daft Punk live is worth it.

travislopes
Jun 4, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZoUVnmr4Qc

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

"Permission Denied: This is a private video." :argh:

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
No videos.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Holy gently caress, Daft Punk remixes of Daft Punk.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Colonel Whitey posted:

Holy gently caress, Daft Punk remixes of Daft Punk.

There was one of those on Daft Club.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c

Handen posted:

"Permission Denied: This is a private video." :argh:

It was a video posted by Nabil Elderkin, who is rumored to have directed the Get Lucky video. All it really showed was the two of them walking with flames in the background. It had a Pitchfork logo at the beginning and said 05.15.13 at the end. This is from memory, so the details may be wrong.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
There's no Get Lucky video.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Wario In Real Life posted:

There's no Get Lucky video.

Nor any video for this album, apparently :(. These fuckers got us though: they're doing minute videos so you watch it over and over.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
I completely forgot about Justice (forever since their last albums), but their new live album is out.

It's not Alive, it's not Daft Punk, but at least it's something while we wait.

Spotify.

e: just noticed the title - "Access All Arenas". Wow.

Grawl fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 11, 2013

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Apparently, pop music evil genius Dr. Luke first heard the album nine months ago according to a Spin Magazine article here.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Grawl posted:

I completely forgot about Justice (forever since their last albums), but their new live album is out.

It's not Alive, it's not Daft Punk, but at least it's something while we wait.

Spotify.

e: just noticed the title - "Access All Arenas". Wow.

I saw them live on this tour and it was awesome, but there's not really the interesting remixing/retooling of songs like on Alive 2007.

quadratic
May 2, 2002
f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c
The video is working again. Also on Pitchfork's YouTube channel.

Back on April 9th he tweeted this picture, which lead to speculation that he was shooting a video for them. Was it actually just the teaser and photographs for Pitchfork's article? I guess we'll see.

CaptainYesterday posted:

Apparently, pop music evil genius Dr. Luke first heard the album nine months ago according to a Spin Magazine article here.

:monocle:

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Thomas' helmet is just so loving creepy/awesome looking from straight on. The best part about that teaser is just the stare he gives.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Wario In Real Life posted:

Thomas' helmet is just so loving creepy/awesome looking from straight on. The best part about that teaser is just the stare he gives.

You know what kinda tweaks my brain, I have been a hardcore DP fan since the release of their first album... And that Pete Tong interview is the first time I've ever heard them speak. Ad to this day I've never bothered to see their faces.

It just kinda pleases me in this funny way that I've basically made them actual robots to me by not ever digging any deeper into who they are than just accepting their stage personas.

It's kinda cool...

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

The Dave posted:

Speaking of Electroma, Paw Duggan reviewed it for Music Movies. http://blip.tv/pawdugan/music-movies-shorty-electroma-6584812

DEEEEEEEEP HURTING

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time

The Dave posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41_svUt5_e0
I think this is a bit faster and similar vein. Kavinsky killed it on the Alive tour and after parties(I did NYC & MTL)

Elrobot fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 11, 2013

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
So has anyone tried slowing down Get Lucky so that it sounds like the clip in the vid?

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

A small clip of Doin' It Right ft. Panda Bear has been ripped.

Link here. I can drop this if it violates :filez: rules.

It's. Wonderful. :holy:

E: RIP Leak, I'm sure it's still floating around the net. My guess would be to check tumblr or something similar.

Vaah fucked around with this message at 12:40 on May 11, 2013

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
Fuuuck, it sounds really good.

edit: and it's already gone

edit2: mirror on soundcloud. It will probably disappear pretty quickly.

Attention Horse fucked around with this message at 13:01 on May 11, 2013

garney
Jul 21, 2007
Just so i'm sure i've listend to the real version and not something someone hastily uploaded after this was pulled, the clip is 1:07 long, and just has the vocoder vocals and a hand clap then some clean vocals at the end?

excellentcoffee
Nov 1, 2007

Phantom

garney posted:

Just so i'm sure i've listend to the real version and not something someone hastily uploaded after this was pulled, the clip is 1:07 long, and just has the vocoder vocals and a hand clap then some clean vocals at the end?

That was the version I heard.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Vaah posted:

A small clip of Doin' It Right ft. Panda Bear has been ripped.

Link here. I can drop this if it violates :filez: rules.

It's. Wonderful. :holy:

E: RIP Leak, I'm sure it's still floating around the net. My guess would be to check tumblr or something similar.

It's still there!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
yeah this rules. Can't wait to hear the whole thing

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Everybody booby booby booby doin' it right!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
God it's hard not to cave and listen to these leaks. I even swore off Get Lucky because I don't wanna get tired of it before the album drops.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

This kinda sounds like that TaTu song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mGBaXPlri8&t=44s

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
It's so unexpectedly cute :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
That sounds awesome so far. Digging it.

• Locked thread