Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

mushi posted:

I'm most interested in CLG vs AzureCats. CLG has seemed like they've been in a huge meltdown and AC seems like they've got the proverbial "hunger" to move to the next step. They definitely had some weak spots though from watching their games yesterday.
It's time for CLG to get benched :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Flameingblack posted:

It's time for CLG to get benched :getin:

Maybe they'll finally get rid of Hotshotgg if they lose this.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Miftan posted:

That does seem to happen a lot. I just want to see AC v CLG and Quantic v CoL. I'm assuming the CLG/Cats match is tomorrow, but I won't be able to watch it. Do the VODs get posted to Leagueapedia within 24 hours?

One of the things I've done when I go out and want to still catch a match is to leave the Youtube stream open on pause and basically let it "DVR" while I'm gone, and then just unpause it when I come back. But if at any point during the recording the video feed cut out for a second your recording is killed. Still I've seen a lot of the good matches that way. I'm not sure when the VoDs go up.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Miftan posted:

Maybe they'll finally get rid of Hotshotgg if they lose this.
Azure Cats will absorb the good members of CLG and the rest will pout with GG. They really do deserve it for talking so much trash about the bottom 4 teams and TSM and then getting sent to relegation. They actually told TSM that they were so bad they weren't even worth scrimming against and then TSM finished up in First Place.

Libertine posted:

One of the things I've done when I go out and want to still catch a match is to leave the Youtube stream open on pause and basically let it "DVR" while I'm gone, and then just unpause it when I come back. But if at any point during the recording the video feed cut out for a second your recording is killed. Still I've seen a lot of the good matches that way. I'm not sure when the VoDs go up.
Everything's recorded on twitch.tv/riotgames on VOD

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Miftan posted:

That does seem to happen a lot. I just want to see AC v CLG and Quantic v CoL. I'm assuming the CLG/Cats match is tomorrow, but I won't be able to watch it. Do the VODs get posted to Leagueapedia within 24 hours?

Leaguepedia VODs use the youtube stream so they'll be up immediately.

Also I think it's going to be Quantic, MRN, and Dig getting through. As for Cats vs CLG I honestly have no idea. I'm a fan of both teams but I honestly think it would be better for CLG to lose so that the players can get on teams that don't have Hotshot. Plus I really want to see bigfat back in the pro scene, I think he's improved a lot since being benched.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jarvin really should have committed to that first blood and died to tower

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Quantic looking really strong. Also a very smart team comp. Zed against a bunch of squishies and making sure Ezreal is the only mana user will make Blue Ezreal that much stronger than usual.

e: Holy hell, I guess that's why Hai is ranked number 1 in NA Challenger.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Uh oh.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Miftan posted:

Quantic looking really strong. Also a very smart team comp. Zed against a bunch of squishies and making sure Ezreal is the only mana user will make Blue Ezreal that much stronger than usual.

It's also another case of stupid roster changes screwing a team. Chuuper not having played competitive ADC in a while can very well screw the team.

Goddamn this game is over already.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Miftan posted:

Their mechanical skills are second to none, they're a bunch of Solo Queue All-Stars that all happen to have been on the same team for a while. I remember watching these guys in the TSM Series and really enjoying them.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Quantic has this game in the bag I think. Hard wins in all three lanes. Meteos owned coL's jungle.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

Their mechanical skills are second to none, they're a bunch of Solo Queue All-Stars that all happen to have been on the same team for a while. I remember watching these guys in the TSM Series and really enjoying them.

That's exactly it. Mechanically they're all amazing, but the regular Solo Queue Superstars problem aren't prevalent here because they've been on the same team together for quite a while now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Miftan posted:

That's exactly it. Mechanically they're all amazing, but the regular Solo Queue Superstars problem aren't prevalent here because they've been on the same team together for quite a while now.
That last gank attempt just shows how heads and shoulders Lemon is above most Sona players in the NA LCS, and that turn-around on the aggression without losing anything but flash and a Shen ult.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I love that LemonNation is running summoner heal and just busted it clutch to win the deciding fight.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Libertine posted:

I love that LemonNation is running summoner heal and just busted it clutch to win the deciding fight.

Used it early on to escape a Jarvan gank and steal first blood away from CoL. He's using it really, really well.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
This is how you counter TF. Zed in his lane to poo poo on him everytime he tries to farm and Shen to counter every ult gank. This game was decided in picks and bans.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Sona with summoner heal and mana manipulator, love it.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Welp. Quantic playing an almost perfect game, just 1 death away.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
From the look of this, Quantic will 3-0 Complexity which makes me sad. :smith: I like CoL, but drat, this play is second to none. I want to be Hai when I grow up. Quantic will be fun to watch, at least.

Also I'm going to go against the grain and say that Velocity will beat MRN ( go Goons ) and Dig will lose to TS. :colbert: I still say that Dig is even more a shambles of a team than CLG or CoL and their performance over April speaks to it. It may be 3-2, but I'm confident TS will take them down.

And the AC vs. CLG, we all know how that'll go. Hope someone picks up Doublelift, though.

Libertine posted:

I run Heal on a lot of my supports, especially ones with a slow, and there's a goddamn reason for it. A lot of people underestimate that extra HP.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Whistle at Quantic to get their attention, get some F bombs. GG cameraman.

Can't wait to see Pr0lly in the caster booth.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Wow, colour me a Quantic fan, that was a great display.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Zahki posted:

Wow, colour me a Quantic fan, that was a great display.
They're taking the LCS qualifiers and making it looks like constant Season 2 M5 stomps. They're really going to give the top LCS teams a run for their money, and their shotcalling is amazing, and Lemon is such a drat fine support. TSM needs to be scouting this team out more than anyone else.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Riot just needs to pay pr0lly to wander around the studio and interview sometimes since that is what he has been doing most of the LCS anyway.

edit: Now that I think of it, I have never seen Lautermortis do anything noteworthy. Is he bad or am I just being negative about him for no reason?

sleppy fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 11, 2013

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

SpaceDrake posted:

I run Heal on a lot of my supports, especially ones with a slow, and there's a goddamn reason for it. A lot of people underestimate that extra HP.

I loved running it especially on Nami and Lulu but I haven't run it in awhile, because people give you really aggressive poo poo talk for not running Exhaust.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Goop posted:

Riot just needs to pay pr0lly to wander around the studio and interview sometimes since that is what he has been doing most of the LCS anyway.

You hear that Riot goons? Get on this! I need to see more of that bastard's handsome face if they get knocked out!

:siren:ADC Jayce:siren: What the hell?

Miftan fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 11, 2013

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Fiddle support again? I hope he provides more than he did last game.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Miftan posted:

These guys are quickly becoming one of my favorite teams.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Goop posted:

edit: Now that I think of it, I have never seen Lautermortis do anything noteworthy. Is he bad or am I just being negative about him for no reason?

He was a good S2 jungler, but he has not adapted to S3.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Miftan posted:

They ran ADC Jayce yesterday and did really well.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Flameingblack posted:

Azure Cats will absorb the good members of CLG and the rest will pout with GG. They really do deserve it for talking so much trash about the bottom 4 teams and TSM and then getting sent to relegation. They actually told TSM that they were so bad they weren't even worth scrimming against and then TSM finished up in First Place.
Everything's recorded on twitch.tv/riotgames on VOD

Everyone on CLG are toxic except for Aphromoo and Link. There is no one worth taking since Demonlul is a good ad carry and Jiji isn't the type to throw people under the bus. I can see Crs picking up Doublelift. Chauster is lazy and doesn't care if he loses which is a problem with CLG they always just shrug off losses without making changes. Hotshotgg just has zero confidence at this point and Doublelift is good mechanically but isn't all that aggressive he's a good reactive laner but he's not a playmaker who will turn games around from behind. Poor Aphromoo hopefully he'll get picked up by some LCS team maybe MRN.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Miftan posted:

If you rush an Infinity Edge and skill up W, the amount of damage he can do within a second is terrifying.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Admoon posted:

These guys are quickly becoming one of my favorite teams.

Definitely. Awesome plays, and great strategic map awareness from the team. Who's their shot caller?

Hai just made me spit out my drink. I didn't even see him coming.

Miftan fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 11, 2013

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hai from dooooowntown :stare:

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Holy poo poo Hai plays

e: also Jayce as AD used to be a thing that a few people did -- I remember Haydal of Eclypsia running it at Tales of the Lane. But that was back when Jayce was probably the strongest all-round champ in the game, in a meta that suited him really well, and largely in poke comps iirc.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
Holy poo poo Quantic's mid game team comp is paying in spades. Elise and Jayce are being used to their fullest potential in both of those dragon kills.

Even Kha is an early dragon monster. They have though this through, wow.

Dyllyn fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 11, 2013

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Complexity's bot lane is so inexcusably bad they deserve to lose on that alone. What the gently caress are these fiddle ults?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Eventually Quantic isn't going to get ahead early and I don't know if they can play from behind.

Never mind. With how they're playing now.. Jesus christ. I want to see them up against some of the more established teams.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Miftan posted:

Eventually Quantic isn't going to get ahead early and I don't know if they can play from behind.

Never mind. With how they're playing now.. Jesus christ. I want to see them up against some of the more established teams.

You will! :eng101:

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Zahki posted:

If you rush an Infinity Edge and skill up W, the amount of damage he can do within a second is terrifying.

They keep his build normal, they just have the ADC play him.

Libertine posted:

Complexity's bot lane is so inexcusably bad they deserve to lose on that alone. What the gently caress are these fiddle ults?

M eye a is probably the worst pro-level support I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Libertine posted:

Seriousloy. It didn't work the first game and it definitely didn't work the second game, stop loving picking support Fiddlesticks Complexity, jesus christ.

• Locked thread