Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

This was also the game where you could have like 80-man Royal Rumbles or something stupid enormous because the roster was so huge. Except if you whipped a guy into the corner and did a clothesline to them, they would backflip out of the ring automatically.

Raw 2 was a bunch of interesting ideas dressed over the most annoying game on the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Thought i'd post this here incase anyone misses it:

I'm in the process of putting together an updated version of Wrestling Mpire HD 2.0 [my 'hd' conversion of MDickie's wrestling mpire remix]. I am updating a few textures here and there and doing a last call for in-jokes and stuff to put into the game. We got 3 choices

1. A Long oblong banner which appears around the ring barricade (1200x188)

2. Large posters that appear backstage at random (900x463)

3. Crowd signs (which you can add an infinite amount to the game), no dimension limits, just keep the aspect ratio similar too 384x256.

Here's the current collection of goon made signs :allears:

Here's one I whipped up just to get the idea. Feel free to whip something up and get it put into the game. God speed goons. [fyi - Terry Duggan is the ingame Hogan rip off]

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Basically even though they are going away from having a story/RTWM mode at all, I would love to see WWE 14 have a Raw 2/HCTP style RPG story mode. With all the NEXT GEN POWER, there could be like 400 branching paths and options and whatnot.

the problem is that something like that would take more than a year of development time.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
So I just headed to the PLystation Store, eager to pick up FPWR... but... no multiplayer? What?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

SirDippingSauce posted:

So I just headed to the PLystation Store, eager to pick up FPWR... but... no multiplayer? What?
I assume you're referring to online? A "PS2 Classic" won't add features that weren't in the original. It's works exactly as the original disc would if you had a backward-compatible console.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
EDIT: Wait, nevermind, listened to an idiot.

The GIG fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 11, 2013

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Well HHH tried to do it to Austin!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I think a trip to the used game store is in order.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Snacksmaniac posted:

I think a trip to the used game store is in order.

For RAW 2? No, no, no, please, God, no.

People here are focusing on the presentation and the nice wrapping of some of these terrible games, but the fact remain that they are loving painful to play. Holy moly.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Timby posted:

People here are focusing on the presentation and the nice wrapping of some of these terrible games, but the fact remain that they are loving painful to play. Holy moly.

On the other hand, you could probably find it for $5. You're not losing much.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Davros1 posted:

My personal favorite was how '07, where they decided to add weight restrictions on moves. So a cruiserweight, like Rey, could no longer powerbomb The Big Show. Makes sense, right? Until you realize that it also meant that HBK, also classified as a crusierweight, couldn't pick up Joey Mercury, a guy smaller than him, because he was classified as a heavyweight. The weight restrictions also affected strikes. Kicks and punches were ineffective depending on the weight class, so HBK's punches and kicks were no-sold by guys like Mercury.

And you couldn't turn it off.

I remember the thing that pissed me off the most about this other than HBK not being able to hurt dudes was that some how the loving fat rear end DUDLEY BOYS were listed as cruiser/light weights and couldn't do the 3D or anything to people. It was the loving worst.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

I remember the thing that pissed me off the most about this other than HBK not being able to hurt dudes was that some how the loving fat rear end DUDLEY BOYS were listed as cruiser/light weights and couldn't do the 3D or anything to people. It was the loving worst.

That game was just all around terrible, especially after how great 06 was.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I believe they specifically added like 30 pounds to Shawn Michaels weight and made him 240+lbs because "how could Shawn Michaels not do a move to Khali?!".

Khali being the ULTRAWEIGHT when he wasn't even the heaviest person in the game also.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 09:14 on May 12, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

They should just allow whatever. If I want Rey Mysterio to give Big Show a German Suplex, they should let me goddamnit! :argh:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Was 07 the first 360 one? I thought it had some good ideas and spots but that weight system kills it.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Snacksmaniac posted:

Was 07 the first 360 one? I thought it had some good ideas and spots but that weight system kills it.

Yes it was. The only current gen version to feature redacted

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Snacksmaniac posted:

More than just the weight system. They changed the entire grapple system and control scheme, took out half the moves from 2006 and limited what moves wrestlers of a certain weight could use. Just a huge slap in the face compared to 2006.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

And didn't they scrap the whole UCM thing the next year instead of building on it? :smith:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Timby posted:

I love talking old wrestling game nostalgia because for 95% of them you can make really long rants on how spectacularly they fail to be fun. That video of Stone Cold dropping boxes on people gave me PTSD just on account of the horribly repetitive music alone.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well to stem my impulse buy I'll just dig VPW2 back out. What's the best way to translate this bad boy on Project 64?

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I kind of want raw 2 if only for the insanity of it all. If only there was a way to skip the actual playing the game part of things.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
07 was unbelievably bad. The weight system and Ultimate Control were one thing, but the bugs were game breaking. Wanna create a title belt? Hope you liked your 360 locked up when the guy comes out with it! I didn't buy another SvR for 4 years.

Sucks because the legends roster was excellent, with some guys who haven't been in a game since.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

And if you managed to have it on the PS2?

Entrance

Entrance

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Optimist with doubt posted:

I kind of want raw 2 if only for the insanity of it all. If only there was a way to skip the actual playing the game part of things.

Raw 2 Season mode w/ Christopher Nowinski. It's by Newlgacyinc, so if you don't find immature humor funny you can skip it. Yet again, the game is funny on its own.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

HulkaMatt posted:

And if you managed to have it on the PS2?

Entrance

Entrance

Not nearly as bad as having it on the PSP. I remember seeing a video that took over 10 minutes from selecting a match type to actually hearing the opening bell.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well that's your fault for not upgrading to the latest in time-wasting technology.
I remember getting the hard drive loader for PS2. It changed my life. Hardly any load times on SVR 2006, which I then played to death because of it.

CaptainRapesAlot
Jul 25, 2007

Drivin' down the road,
lookin' for a Waffle House,
and drinkin' lots of Wild Turkey

njsykora posted:

Not nearly as bad as having it on the PSP. I remember seeing a video that took over 10 minutes from selecting a match type to actually hearing the opening bell.

Even if you put it on a memory stick, it took like no less than 6 minutes. If you picked a Money in the Bank match , you just killed an afternoon with loading time and retarded AI

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

WWE 2k14 coming out October 29 to the surprise of no one.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Does anyone here still play TEW? I think it's fun to mess around with, I can just never commit myself to a long-term game.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

bow chicka wow wow posted:

Does anyone here still play TEW? I think it's fun to mess around with, I can just never commit myself to a long-term game.

I fire up TEW 2005 (because I'm broke and can't afford the latest version at the moment :( ), and I'll dabble with it, but it definitely is one of those games that sometimes feels like a chore to play.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I still play TEW once in a while. I usually play as WWE, since half the appeal of that game is getting to book them the way I want to, but it takes a poo poo load of editing off the top to make it playable. Booking 7 hours of show a week will just burn you out so quickly, so I'll edit the database so Raw is only 2 hours again and one of the minor shows doesn't exist anymore.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Perry Normal posted:

I still play TEW once in a while. I usually play as WWE, since half the appeal of that game is getting to book them the way I want to, but it takes a poo poo load of editing off the top to make it playable. Booking 7 hours of show a week will just burn you out so quickly, so I'll edit the database so Raw is only 2 hours again and one of the minor shows doesn't exist anymore.

That's pretty much the same thing I do, I edit the shows but leave the rosters alone. Because it is satisfying--on a purely juvenile level--to go in the game, take over as the owner, and fire a bunch of WWE guys I can't stand (note: this also works with TNA, too). :getin:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
No poo poo, booking a full WWE week in TEW would be hell. 3 hour Raw, 1 hour Main Event, 1 hour Superstars, 1 hour Saturday Night Slam, and 2 hour Smackdown. *shutter*

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

89 posted:

No poo poo, booking a full WWE week in TEW would be hell. 3 hour Raw, 1 hour Main Event, 1 hour Superstars, 1 hour Saturday Night Slam, and 2 hour Smackdown. *shutter*

The "real world mod" I have (from April) has Raw, ME, Superstars, and SD. I think SNS is on hiatus in the real world anyways, so thank goodness for that. I just go through and set Raw back to 2 hours and it's at least slightly more tolerable. :v:

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I can pretty much only ever play it as a tinpot indy fed, it's just too much of a drain otherwise. I think I tried a TNA game and had an okay time with it, but that's like a third of the booking of a WWE game. After a while I actually find the business stuff more fun than booking run-ins or whatever.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

bow chicka wow wow posted:

I can pretty much only ever play it as a tinpot indy fed, it's just too much of a drain otherwise. I think I tried a TNA game and had an okay time with it, but that's like a third of the booking of a WWE game. After a while I actually find the business stuff more fun than booking run-ins or whatever.

That's actually one of the other things I do (though I haven't done it in a while): I'll go in the editor and make a new fed with 0 prestige and something like $25 million start-up money. I play it like "I just won the lottery, I'm gonna start me a wrestling fed! :buddy:"

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

I just bought TEW13 a couple of days ago and I'm having a load of fun with it. Knew from experience with that WWE is an awful slog so I went with Pro Wrestling Guerrilla.

You start up with one show a month, a pretty good budget and a decent roster. Already had the Young Bucks, so I signed the Briscoe Brothers to feud with them. Signed a bunch of Japanese talent (CIMA, BxB Hulk and Kota Ibushi) to feud with stable of Jack Evans, Jimmy Jacobs and Sami Callihan.

Going pretty well so far, just signed a TV deal with a local Fox Sports affiliate.

Bruno died in the first couple of months though :(

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
The other thing I'll do is edit my company's finances and add a bunch of extra 0's to the end. Sure, this is probably "cheating" but, much like Sim City, I'm not in this thing to organize a loving budget. I want to book wrestling shows and hire whatever talent I drat well please without worrying about the financials.

I'll also go into TNA's budget and leave them with $25 just for shits and giggles.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Half the fun with TEW's business side is playing as WWE and figuring out interesting ways to gently caress over TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is TEW 2005 still the only/newest free version of TEW? Also where could I find real world/current roster packs? You guys are making me want to pick it back up.

• Locked thread