Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Schiavona posted:

That Shen ult was dumb as hell, they had Baron and he was far away from the enemy.

Always better to ult in and secure baron with a smite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
^^pff you think you're so clever beating me to it but it's clearly just because you know the super secret stratz ^^

Schiavona posted:

That Shen ult was dumb as hell, they had Baron and he was far away from the enemy.

I was thinking the same thing but Nientonsoh has been on fire these games and it was the right call to secure it vs a potential Trueshot Barrage steal.

The Mash fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 12, 2013

rhazes
Dec 17, 2006

Reduce the rectal spread!
Use glory holes instead!

An official message from the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control
Shen splitpushing (bottom) Nexus turret while there is an engagement at top inhib turret.. that was pretty interesting.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
Studio, if you guys get in are you going to coach full time? Move to LA and be a Pro eSports hero? :3:

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
Also the sublime smile from Kobe when he talks about game2 is maybe the best thing. haha

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Damiya posted:

Studio, if you guys get in are you going to coach full time? Move to LA and be a Pro eSports hero? :3:

Atlanta and I would probably be doing this

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Man those games are intense.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Studio posted:

well gogo velocity even harder then!

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Studio posted:

Erk. That's a *lot* of travel.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Damiya posted:

Erk. That's a *lot* of travel.

Atlanta is in LA, and he's not a city as much as a former-pro player that goes by Atlanta.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Studio posted:

Atlanta is in LA, and he's not a city as much as a former-pro player that goes by Atlanta.

welp;

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Studio posted:

And I thought you were in Santa Monica, which isn't that far away from LA, right (although I don't imagine you'd want to have to commute into the city)?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Studio posted:

Next thing you'll be telling us that you're a person rather than a physical studio used for recording things

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

What are those things that Velocity keeps shaking in their hands?

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Goop posted:

Looked like a teabag to me. Maybe some sort of aromatic packet (for focus or something)?

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.
VES has top notch strategic and tactical calls. That thing they did at Baron where they pulled MRN towards Baron while Shen was pushing bot, then took Baron while MRN went back to defend, totally crippled MRN.

I think the only thing they really need to tighten up is their team fighting. I could see them being a really scary team if they get that aspect really tight.

Goop posted:

Hand warmers.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Isn't Riven about as bad of a 1v2 laner pick as you could make? I understand that MegaZero takes pride in his Riven play from the tournament and all, but I've really not liked his Riven play today much.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Copycat Zero posted:

Looked like a teabag to me. Maybe some sort of aromatic packet (for focus or something)?

Enter: competitive e-sports banned substances. How long til they find adderrall in these kids koolaid?

With 'best riven na' on the roster, you would think the team would try to get him in a solo lane to use some of his talents. Gotta create a mismatch somewhere. But having him in the 1v2 lane seems like a waste of talent.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Studio if they make LCS would you keep on at school, or go coach full time?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

So assuming MRN gets kicked out, maybe Nientonsoh could join Complexity and they could find a support and have a decent team come fall!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I*'m about to cryu

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
so that shen gank backfired

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Cannot watch this, I'm playing Bit.Trip Runner. Getting ready to shake L0cust or Grim Samurai. Not in yet though.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I don't want to jinx your team Studio but I don't see any way that MRN can win this now. VES has the map completely choked out and a 13k lead.

rhazes
Dec 17, 2006

Use glory holes instead!

MegaZero has come across as a nerdy aloof douche when they pulled him in for postgame commentary, so I'm glad if he goes. DontMashMe is much more enjoyable. Cris is really, really good early game, although he does seem to have to burn flash a lot in the later engages.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Cris with an extremely stupid fountain dive there. What was that.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Congrats Studio. :)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yes! Get hosed, Marn.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Congrats studio!

Age of the Atomic Mom
Oct 15, 2009

gently caress yeah! Congrats Velocity and Studio!

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

:unsmith:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:toot:

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Yay studio \o/

Tious
Aug 22, 2006
Awesome, congrats to Velocity !

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.
Congrats VES and Studio! Well deserved.

rhazes
Dec 17, 2006

Use glory holes instead!

This just in, Redfoo of LMFAO fame, after going on hiatus from his music career, has successfully qualified for the LCS under the pseudonym "Vileroze" as part of Velocity E-Sports!!

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Oh man MegaZero with his head down in the :smith: pose.

It sucks that there isn't an LCS2 or something.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I'm sure Nientonsoh will be back somewhere and possibly Megazero, though I think with his waffling before the season that he might just go to college now. The rest of MRN, though, don't know if we'll be seeing them again any time soon.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Boom. What a brutal game all around - Velocity just knew exactly what they needed to do and crushed MRN into little bits.

Edit: yeah, MegaZero would be nuts if he didn't go to college. CMU's one of the best schools in the nation, and without an LCS berth the pro thing isn't worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

rhazes posted:

This just in, Redfoo of LMFAO fame, after going on hiatus from his music career, has successfully qualified for the LCS under the pseudonym "Vileroze" as part of Velocity E-Sports!!

wait is this realtalk

Also, drat, Studio. Congrats to you and your team. :unsmith:

So looking forward to tomorrow. I still say Dignitas is getting crushed by Summon :colbert:

• Locked thread