Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~
Is it just on my end, or is the http://na.lolesports.com/ page not actually showing the player like it normally does? Especially since the Twitch page itself is running the intro right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Copycat Zero posted:

Is it just on my end, or is the http://na.lolesports.com/ page not actually showing the player like it normally does?

http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/popout is what I use. Full screen without giving up my toolbar and works great.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
Man just saw the preview. CLG and Dig have really been humbled. If they win I know it won't last so still hoping they both go down. Time for these guys to split up and go other places. Doublelift has really gotta shut up and stop talking poo poo about the bottom four. I heard he thinks about going to Korea and making it on a Korean team which is hilarious cause those guys play like 24/7. No way will he be able to keep up with their work ethic.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
I love how Dignitas has these fancy black and yellow sweaters with sponsor and team logos all over the place and Summon just have some generic grey t-shirts with a single logo. Really makes the pro team vs amateurs stand out.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
GrimSamurai is such a supreme neckbeard.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Savage Cracker posted:

I love how Dignitas has these fancy black and yellow sweaters with sponsor and team logos all over the place and Summon just have some generic grey t-shirts with a single logo. Really makes the pro team vs amateurs stand out.
And then Team Summon is way better than them, and it looks even more funny :haw:

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
Just to overanalyze things I know nothing about, picking a "get fed" champion like Eve seems kind of disrespectful.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

I'd honestly be very surprised if Dignitas lose. They're no chumps when they're at their best and they've had plenty of time to prepare for this, but even ignoring that they have better players in every position it would take some crazy Quantic type team play for TS to come up trumps I think.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Comrade Question posted:

Just to overanalyze things I know nothing about, picking a "get fed" champion like Eve seems kind of disrespectful.

I dislike Dignitas as much as the next guy but this seems like it's reaching. Eve is a situational pick, but not really a disrespectful one.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Copycat Zero posted:

Is it just on my end, or is the http://na.lolesports.com/ page not actually showing the player like it normally does? Especially since the Twitch page itself is running the intro right now.

Speaking of issues with the stream, anyone else (seemingly) randomly have the sound cut out? Video is still playing fine, but there's no sound until I reload the stream. Happened to me twice in the past 10 minutes already, but it doesn't happen consistantly (didn't happen yesterday, for example).

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Summon's starting to bleed kills by overstaying their welcome. Karthus is starting to get scary though.

e: never mind, Scarra's cleaning up.

Miftan fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 12, 2013

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Comrade Question posted:

Eve isn't disrespectful. She is played in the pro scene from time to time. Disrespectful is like when the formerly Azubu Blaze picked the 4 ninjas and Leblanc support vs Absolute Legends (a B tier euro team).

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Comrade Question posted:

Well he's 6/0/5 so I think it was a pretty good pick in the end!

edit: That Crescendo + Agony's Embrace wombo combo just decimated TS

Zahki fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 12, 2013

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Laughably bad engage from Grim Samurai there. Dig doesn't seem like they have anything to be afraid of with Summon.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Flayer posted:

Eve isn't disrespectful. She is played in the pro scene from time to time. Disrespectful is like when the formerly Azubu Blaze picked the 4 ninjas and Leblanc support vs Absolute Legends (a B tier euro team).

They completely rolled AL too if I remember right.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Took em to the shed there.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Sigh, as much as Dignitas deserves to get shut down, Summon sure ain't gonna make it happen with play like that. They need to step up and not, you know, jump in Scarra's mouth.

Ofc, respect where it's due, Patoy was the one really carrying the team to victory with those loving Crescendos. I said drat.

Bad News Panda
Aug 17, 2010

:gaysper:
Kirby says trans rights!

I'm probably in the minority here, but I still really like Dig and have since S2. I hope they get back into the LCS, but remember that they got knocked out last time and maybe take their poo poo a little more seriously.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I like a lot of their gameplay. QTPie is very entertaining to watch when he's on, and Dig were the first NA team to run duo mids. But by and large they seem entitled and passive-aggressive.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
TS banned QTPie's Ezreal which may have actually helped QTPie by not allowing him to take the character that lost him all their playoff matches.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

3 bans against Scarra. drat.

What's with this loving camera man, it keeps shaking and it's really distracting.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Bad News Panda posted:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I still really like Dig and have since S2. I hope they get back into the LCS, but remember that they got knocked out last time and maybe take their poo poo a little more seriously.

I have no problems with Dignitas. I didn't know people did? Their most visible player is Scarra, and he's a really nice, humble guy. Compare that to... basically all the other LCS teams.

Frankly if I was a team attempting to get promoted, Dignitas is the team I would want to draw the least. I know they had a letdown at the end of the season, but their floor is by far the highest of all 4 teams, while their ceiling is potentially the top NA team. They held #1 in the Spring season at one point. The smash in game 1 is pretty much what I was anticipating.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Jonny Angel posted:

But by and large they seem entitled and passive-aggressive.

They do? Scarra is pretty honest and insightful in all the interviews I've seen, QTpie doesn't give a gently caress and Crumbz seems like an alright dude.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
QTPie facechecks like a boss.

And yeah, the whole point is that Dig and CLG really need to eat some humble pie. It seems like they perhaps have already, but being relegated for half a season would both really drive the point home and would also get new blood into the LCS ahead of Riot likely starting a "lower eight" league below the big-time LCS. Though yes, for all the poo poo I talk I wouldn't actually be all :qq: if they got back in - it's CLG who really needs relegation due to Hotshot and others.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach

SpaceDrake posted:

QTPie facechecks like a boss.

I was screaming "no oh god don't do it" at my screen as qtpie walked ino the brush. My friend though someone was committing suicide.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Dyllyn posted:

I was screaming "no oh god don't do it" at my screen as qtpie walked ino the brush. My friend though someone was committing suicide.

I was screaming "Oh God do it" :getin:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Dignitas was way too ready to blow all their ults to kill the support in this game.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I wonder if there's stats somewhere on what any given pro team's W/L record is when they get both Renekton and Nasus, it seems like if you pair the bash brothers together you cannot lose.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So we get a Quantic vs Azure Cats game soon? or am I reading this bracket wrong. If so that is going to be a helluva game. Both deserve to be in LCS from what I've seen

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
CLG Azure cats -- Quantic is in!

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~
^^^^ :argh:

Ninkobei posted:

So we get a Quantic vs Azure Cats game soon? or am I reading this bracket wrong. If so that is going to be a helluva game. Both deserve to be in LCS from what I've seen

No, it's CLG vs. Azure Cats after this set is done. Quantic is already in.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

QTPie got caught umpteen times in that game and yeah Dig blew about 3 sets of ults on killing Sona multiple times. Also Scarra had a really bad build, he just had like 5 incomplete items for most of the game and exerted no pressure on anyone really at any point in the game.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

That Nasus/Renekton combo is so strong, Kiwikid couldn't even last a second when he initiated.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Ninkobei posted:

No, Quantic is already in the LCS. It's CLG vs Azure.

Quantic vs Azure is what will come during the LCS summer split. :getin:

And this right here is another reason some of us are harsh on Dignitas - when they choke, they choke hard and it ends up being a stomp that isn't really all that interesting beyond the schadenfreude of watching Dig get walked all over. Maybe that'd happen to Team Summon in the LCS proper too, but at least they have room to grow.

Dignitas also seems to snowball in their morale, too - this loss may end up throwing the entire series for them.

Should still be a good set of games to watch :3: Studio I assume you and the boys are watchin' this with popcorn going in the mouth, Thriller-style?

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

SpaceDrake posted:

No, Quantic is already in the LCS. It's CLG vs Azure.

Quantic vs Azure is what will come during the LCS summer split. :getin:

And this right here is another reason some of us are harsh on Dignitas - when they choke, they choke hard and it ends up being a stomp that isn't really all that interesting beyond the schadenfreude of watching Dig get walked all over. Maybe that'd happen to Team Summon in the LCS proper too, but at least they have room to grow.

Dignitas also seems to snowball in their morale, too - this loss may end up throwing the entire series for them.

Should still be a good set of games to watch :3: Studio I assume you and the boys are watchin' this with popcorn going in the mouth, Thriller-style?

This right here if you want NA LCS to actually improve there needs to be a mix up of teams. NA just seems to recycle the same people and it's just terrible for NA's metagame.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
Wow Captain Korea's pretty good looking.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
Wasn't the strategy of "ban out scarra" discussed a few weeks ago? Can scarra really only play like 4 champions without getting countered?

edit: also TS has better individual names. Grim Samurai and Captain Korea are strangely entertaining names.

linall
Feb 1, 2007

Bad News Panda posted:

Dig has been my favorite NA team since they were Rock Solid, but with the kind of play they've been putting up recently they deserved to get punted down. I can see why people don't like them. They often underperform. Of course, talking favorite NA team is talking favorite bunch of second tier players so getting down on them for being subpar seems a little mean to me.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I'm going to laugh really hard if one of these teams accidentally locks in Nunu

:siren: Rammus Pick :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
OKAY

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

• Locked thread