Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Phenix Rising posted:

Buy my absolute favorite:

Oh, absolutely. I would say that the classic "domed globe" NWA title is one of my top favorites, too. I grew up watching so many matches involving that belt, with quite a few involving the gentleman below. :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Meat Recital posted:

This is the only cool Sakuraba photo you need.

Great shirt, Greater man.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Oh, absolutely. I would say that the classic "domed globe" NWA title is one of my top favorites, too. I grew up watching so many matches involving that belt, with quite a few involving the gentleman below. :patriot:

I'm sorry, but I can only picture that title in the hands of one man.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

VogeGandire posted:

I'm sorry, but I can only picture that title in the hands of one man.

I have to admit you do make a good point.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Phenix Rising posted:

what the Hell am I gonna do with wrestling belts?

If you ever have intruders in your house you can smack them over the head with it...

...a thought that has obviously crossed the mind of Mister Race already. Um, sorry sir, I'll let myself out.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Umbra Dubium posted:

If you ever have intruders in your house you can smack them over the head with it...

And remember, the two things you always sell like death, no matter what your name is, are low blows and belt shots.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Umbra Dubium posted:

...a thought that has obviously crossed the mind of Mister Race already. Um, sorry sir, I'll let myself out.

Why would he hit you with a belt when he has perfectly good fists?

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I have to admit you do make a good point.

I love this because it really runs home the idea of a "I will hurt you because that is what I do" physic, versus the "I will hurt you because I GOTS A GYM, BRO" of the modern era. Cats like Flair, Harley Race.. you know those guys would pack you up, put you in a hurt taxi, and go back to drinking.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

So cool. Hottest ticket of the year from the sounds of it, and yet we won't be able to watch for a while still.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

That's one of the few times in my life I have ever envied Tony Schiavone. :v:

(I kid, dude may have been phoning it in near the end of WCW, but I would have loved to have been one of the main "interview guys" for the NWA's flagship program back in the day)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This match :allears:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Aye, almost a shame he never wrestled again. Still what a way to go out.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

Aye, almost a shame he never wrestled again. Still what a way to go out.

have you been living under a rock? he wrestled a lot after that.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The Shaman of Cum posted:

You hush your whore mouth. He lost that match, had his going away party the next night and was never seen again until he gave the figure four to Miz.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

He never wrestled in WWE again, and that's good enough for me (or rather, as good as I could hope for from Ric Flair). It was a hell of a send-off from the company, that match and his retirement special the next night was incredible.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Jerusalem posted:

He never wrestled in WWE again, and that's good enough for me (or rather, as good as I could hope for from Ric Flair). It was a hell of a send-off from the company, that match and his retirement special the next night was incredible.
...and then he joined the Hulkamania tour :smith:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Ric Flair Never wrestled again. Full stop.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's no such thing as TNA, and Flair never wrestled again.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

And he certainly didn't pawn off the gold watch HBK gave him. Nopenope.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

The Shaman of Cum posted:

That was an alternate-dimension Flair.

The REAL Ric Flair never set foot in a ring again.

:colbert:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

eat it nerds

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
There's only one possible explanation.

That's not the real Ric Flair.

Use your imaginations, people.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I am unimpressed by your Photoshop skills.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

HulkaMatt posted:

(CGI and green screen nonsense)

You're a bad person, Hulkamatt, and you should be 'shamed to post such dishonesty.

I'm not mad, I am just disappointed.

Edwardian fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 12, 2013

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
JTG was never in TNA. Therefore, that picture is faked.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HulkaMatt posted:

eat it nerds

When did Ric Flair get a lightning bolt pec tattoo and Earl Hebner get cancer?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Same here! My favorite title of all time is still the old NWA TV title:

I also always liked this version of the NWA US title:

And of course the top title in Bill Watts' UWF:

And, even though I was never a huge AWA fan, I always liked this version of their tag title:

I have to ask this Sydney, but are you me? Because seriously, those are some of my all-time favorite belt designs as well. I also loved the NWA Western States Heritage Championship

and to this day, the "Hogan '86" title is my favorite version of the WWE Championship

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Umbra Dubium posted:

Explains the dent in the silver globe on the belt :stare:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Davros1 posted:

I have to ask this Sydney, but are you me? Because seriously, those are some of my all-time favorite belt designs as well. I also loved the NWA Western States Heritage Championship

and to this day, the "Hogan '86" title is my favorite version of the WWE Championship

I don't think so, though the evidence (apparently we're both fans of wrestling, Doctor Who, and Rik Mayall) is pretty staggering :tinfoil:

Anyhoo, for content, since the first fed that actually got me into wrestling was WCCW, here's some WCCW title belts, the design of which I also liked:

Also, it looks like the NWA TV title belt design style was a pretty popular one throughout the 1980s. :v:

And I always loved the design of the WWF tag titles from the 1980s:

I love me some rasslin' title belts :3:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I don't think so, though the evidence (apparently we're both fans of wrestling, Doctor Who, and Rik Mayall) is pretty staggering :tinfoil:

Anyhoo, for content, since the first fed that actually got me into wrestling was WCCW, here's some WCCW title belts, the design of which I also liked:

Also, it looks like the NWA TV title belt design style was a pretty popular one throughout the 1980s. :v:

Don't forget, the NWA used the Hogan '86 belt as the basis for the design of their World Tag Titles.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I had a thought that maybe the first big title you see when you started watching is the one you like the most, but I'm sure there's plenty exceptions to that. I thought about it because my favorite belt is and probably will always be the AE WWF title belt:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Quasipox posted:

I had a thought that maybe the first big title you see when you started watching is the one you like the most, but I'm sure there's plenty exceptions to that. I thought about it because my favorite belt is and probably will always be the AE WWF title belt:

I like that belt too, but I do have to say that seeing it just confirms my belief that it's long past time for Vince to get rid of the "scratch" logo. They either need to design a new logo, or else go back to the good old one we all know and love:

Even if they went with the "WW" variant of that, it'd still be better than continuing to use the "scratch" logo.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
The new Right Coast Pro belt done by Top Rope Belts is one of the most elegant I've ever seen. Kind of a weird fit when you check out RCP's website and their roster and all though, but still.

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

eat it nerds

I could imagine the hours it took to photoshop this picture just to make wrestling fans sad...you should be ashamed sir

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I also have one of Hogan pulling Flair's trunks down but I'll keep that one to myself.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

KENTA KOBASHI RETIREMENT MATCH/CEREMONY

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

EVEN MORE!

Farewell.

To the greatest of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Hell yeah :hfive: Even the NWA heavyweight title belt design was pretty popular, I know they used that same style for the NWA US title for a bit and even those WCCW tag belts used it. I'd guess it was more of a cost measure, probably wasn't cheap to get a custom belt done back then so it was easier to use an already established "template" for an existing one (especially if they only had a limited number of people/companies to make the belts).

Still love how those dual-plated designs look, like the WWF tag and Hogan 86 with the gold and silver. I remember Hogan and Savage both had versions of the later Reggie Parks eagle belt done in gold and silver, and it looked pretty sweet compared to the all-gold version:

Even the original "big gold" NWA heavyweight looked gorgeous with dual-plate