Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFBs3mLwkuU

I really, really like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

That's drat good. Frankly I thought Get Lucky was boring as hell (although we'll see how the album version is), but something about that hooks me. The progression, I guess. And the few lyrics we hear at the end sound great - can't wait to hear more. It's reminding me of a song that's on the tip of my tongue but I just can't quite place it.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Those handclaps man. :suspense: :swoon: :allears:

Modest Mike
Oct 23, 2008

Upon your feet you have ten toes, they look just like...
po-ta-toes!
that snippet is freakin incredible. Panda also happens to be one of my favorite artists and i've been pumped ever since i heard of the collaboration but didn't think it'd sound that good. Can't wait until full version.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Jesus Christ every leak just makes my anticipation worse. I need one of those Cartman-esque comas. Fuckin vocoders man. Vocoders

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I kind of wish they had teased each track similarly because these teases and little leaks have provided the context that give songs staying power with me. Going into an album blind rarely works for me and ends up having me needing to take a very long time to warm up to certain tracks. I got Discovery when it came out and I don't think I ended up falling in love with the album until I saw the full animated film a few years later. Likewise, I didn't really fall in love with Human After All or Homework until after I had heard Alive 2007.

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
Rumour has it that the album is going to be streaming on iTunes at 3 PM EST, so I need to figure out what to do while I wait for an hour and a half to be disappointed by this probably not happening.

I sure hope it does happen though. I can't handle not hearing this album anymore.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

JetGrind posted:

Rumour has it that the album is going to be streaming on iTunes at 3 PM EST, so I need to figure out what to do while I wait for an hour and a half to be disappointed by this probably not happening.

I sure hope it does happen though. I can't handle not hearing this album anymore.

At least we're at the stage where it COULD happen. It comes out in a week anyway, so i'm sure it'll happen any day now (hopefully today!)

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

That Doin It Right leak sounds way more interesting than Get Lucky to me. Like the sound ended up being more of an actual collaboration than an homage to a lost sound.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

I can't stop listening to this.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Just think: In about 96 hours, the floodgates will open with Wee Waa, and the world will hear a new Daft Punk album. And there will be a dog jumping competition there, too!

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

itunes will probably have it streaming in the next 24-48 hours. i dont see them NOT doing that, when they've been doing it for every major release lately (notably justin timberlakes 20/20 experience a week early)

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
Get Lucky has already peaked. Number 17 this week. Awww shucks.

travislopes
Jun 4, 2011
We're almost there.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

They gave vampire weekend BNM and a 9+?

Also hyped.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

doo dee doo dmt, lsd doo dmt, lsd doo dmt...
1pm CST some new daft punk stuff will be leaked on this bbc radio show... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01sczbx

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

travislopes posted:

We're almost there.

Dammit that Daft punk ad is not showing up on my browser when i go to that same URL. After i saw your post i immediately went to itunes and pre-ordered (even though i already bought a couple vinyls) Oh well... Soon i hope!

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
http://www.vevo.com/watch/daft-punk/random-access-memories-unboxed/USQX91301213

fuckfuckfuckfuck this needs to come out already :f5:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Whispers are suggesting the iTunes stream will be up tonight.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Unnggghhh dat buildup

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
Okay say what you will about the songs themselves, you can not deny that they are nearly singular in the field of sound engineering and creating sounds. drat.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Holy poo poo.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Oh god ... I don't think I can wait much longer for this.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Oh my GOD. I really hope these iTunes rumors are true.

Kerk
Feb 9, 2008

Since 1992
That preview isnt fair!! So goddamn good

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

:negative: all i wanted was 10 more seconds… 10 more… why robots? why?

Ojo
Jul 4, 2003

Well... when I said that I had a plan, I meant that I have to plan... the plan.

I just woke up, watched that video then watched a video of Space Oddity being covered in space and now I'm actually not even sure if I woke up or not.

Should probably go back to sleep until the album is streaming because I have no idea how I'm waiting otherwise.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Being at work, I'm unable to stream through iTunes...are there any other options?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

What do you all mean by streaming on itunes?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bonzaisushi posted:

:negative: all i wanted was 10 more seconds… 10 more… why robots? why?

I want it all :negative:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

What do you all mean by streaming on itunes?

As a not heavy user of iTunes I want to know this as well. Is it streamed at a time or can I listen at my leisure?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Feenix posted:

As a not heavy user of iTunes I want to know this as well. Is it streamed at a time or can I listen at my leisure?

Wait till someone rips and uploads the stream to youtube.

e: Only they would do an unboxing of a vinyl record.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You can listen at leisure.

garney
Jul 21, 2007

The Dave posted:

You can listen at leisure.

????

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
When they put it up, it will be streaming as one long track that you can listen to but not purchase or download. They did it with JTs newest too.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Yeah, unless npr and pitchfork are streaming it I dont see how to stream outside of iTunes. I googled for the vampire weekend stream and it looks like its sandboxed into the store.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Was responding to Feenix.

Also is there any weight at all behind this iTunes rumor? Because wasn't it supposed to be streaming on iTunes a day or two ago as well?

Think you guys are falling for a lie here.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I want two copies of the vinyl, one to play and one to frame. I'm so damned sure this is the album, and I've only heard one song.

I can see The Onion headline now: "Daft Punk release first album in 12 years"

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

The Dave posted:

Was responding to Feenix.

Also is there any weight at all behind this iTunes rumor? Because wasn't it supposed to be streaming on iTunes a day or two ago as well?

Think you guys are falling for a lie here.
Everything is always a lie.

There's absolutely no way there will be a streaming preview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wario In Real Life posted:

There's absolutely no way there will be a streaming preview.

Sure there will, happens with just about every major album release these days.

• Locked thread