Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
"Face Jeanne", huge close up on face. Heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I'd seen goons recommend this comic for a while, and I finally got around to starting to read it and uh...so it's amazing. I found myself totally immersed into this world, I care about the characters, it's so satisfying and the art is lovely. I'll be ploughing through the rest of it to catch up to the thread.

I found it inspiring, so I'd like to share some fan art to show my appreciation. I loving loved those birds.

(swapped the original I uploaded for a textured version I liked better)

Thank you for making this awesome comic.

TODD BONZALEZ fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 12, 2013

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Shoes for pidgeons posted:

I'd seen goons recommend this comic for a while, and I finally got around to starting to read it and uh...so it's amazing. I found myself totally immersed into this world, I care about the characters, it's so satisfying and the art is lovely. I'll be ploughing through the rest of it to catch up to the thread.

I found it inspiring, so I'd like to share some fan art to show my appreciation. I loving loved those birds.

This is beautiful.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Shoes for pidgeons posted:

Nice! It's been a while since we got new fanart in here!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh, that's where Kat is.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Well then

That's another mystery solved :ohdear:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

And that's the cue to not read the comments or forums or Twitter feed or anything for the next while. :v:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

So it's either Paz, her robot assistant, or one of the birds who Paz can talk too and probably teach to type on an old computer.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
This is some sort of fakeout, and you know it.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
Yes, it's Bobby. Or Bobby sent it on Paz's behalf thinking he was doing her a favour.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

Forgall posted:

Yes, but it's much more fun pretending it isn't.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Forgall posted:

Going with my bird theory because thinking about a small robin or something hopping on and pecking at keys to write a love letter to a human girl is really funny.

cloudy music
Aug 23, 2008
Looks like this comic might be headed towards the brave territory of same-sex romance. My buddy ChibiSoma is going to be stoked.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Until this strip, I thought that "where did Kat go?" was a joke about Eglamore not being with them anymore.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Re: Bird Theory - The key word was "saw".

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Whitenoise Poster posted:

So it's either Paz, her robot assistant, or one of the birds who Paz can talk too and probably teach to type on an old computer.
It's totally Bobby. Although I do like how this comic frames it like it's Paz. Extremely effective for idiot-baiting. I approve.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Who is Bobby? I don't remember a Bobby.

PS please don't buy me a new avatar :(

Haledjian fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 14, 2013

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Haledjian posted:

Who is Bobby? I don't remember a Bobby.

This Bobby.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
We know Bobby is a skillful writer.

Sure, this presentation looks a lot more modern than the ♥LOVE LETTER♥; but old-fashioned dot matrix printer and green bar paper is probably more roboromantic. Kinda like calligraphy with a dip pen will be a lot more romantic than all caps handwriting with a Bic pen.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 227 days!
I dunno, it could just be Paz. That would be cute :3:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Good to see, after all this time, Tom finally throwing ChibiSoma a bone.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

cptn_dr posted:

I, for one, will not stand for robosexual erasure.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

cptn_dr posted:

Kat and Paz though? What about all the overwhelming signs throughout the comic that Annie and Kat love each other??

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Macaluso posted:

Kat and Paz though? What about all the overwhelming signs throughout the comic that Annie and Kat love each other??

Seriously, Paz is the least interesting female love interest since Haruka Ten'ou.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Know what, either outcome could be OK. It's probably the robot and this is likely a fakeout, but I was all like "You idiot loving shippers, it obviously isn't Paz!" and being proven wrong would actually feel pretty nice this time :nyoron: . If prepaid visas were a thing in my country I'd be buying that Paz avatar right now!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I feel like it being Paz wouldn't make much sense, at least at this point in the story. Eventually? Maybe, who knows. But right now we haven't seen nearly enough development in this area from either character for the story to go there just now. It could be Bobby, but I kind of think it's more likely to be someone's cruel joke at Kat's expense.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I hope it's Paz for no other reason than because it would shut everyone who's talking about fakeouts up.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Eh, the last time Kat and Paz interacted it pretty much revolved around the notion that they were not, in fact, attracted to girls. Like, that was something both of them put out there.

It doesn't discount good old teenaged confusion though, and its been shown that Kat's been bothered by it for a long time afterwards. And Kat's own insecurities could definitely be associated with the person who brought those insecurities to the forefront.

Which is why I'm mostly worried Kat's going to do something rash, mean, and stupid. Come on Kat, its got a cuboid heart and everything! Just don't lash out at anyone, okay? :unsmith:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Rasamune posted:

Seriously, Paz is the least interesting female love interest since Haruka Ten'ou.

Oh HELL no. You did not just go there. :nyd:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Rasamune posted:

I'm sorry I skipped that day of anime reeducation, could you please explain

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

^^^ Aren't they just poking fun at that chibisoma rant? ^^^

Wait, re-reading this one got me a little confused. When is this happening, exactly? Is it before or after they meet in the dining hall and Annie tells Kat what she was doing? (because Kat said there that she just had a guess at who was the author of the letter). Did Annie return from the forest, meet with Kat for lunch, then return to Parley and Smits while Kat went off to do her thing?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Wrist Watch posted:

I'm sorry I skipped that day of anime reeducation, could you please explain

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3351001&pagenumber=83&perpage=40#post394974181

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

It's me, I'm the guy who missed the joke. :blush:

Tubba Blubba
Jul 14, 2011

Haha. Goons get worked up over the silliest poo poo.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Blackheart posted:

^^^ Aren't they just poking fun at that chibisoma rant? ^^^

Wait, re-reading this one got me a little confused. When is this happening, exactly? Is it before or after they meet in the dining hall and Annie tells Kat what she was doing? (because Kat said there that she just had a guess at who was the author of the letter). Did Annie return from the forest, meet with Kat for lunch, then return to Parley and Smits while Kat went off to do her thing?

It's after, I'm pretty sure.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Heh, that never gets old.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Going with my bird theory because thinking about a small robin or something hopping on and pecking at keys to write a love letter to a human girl is really funny.

Ooh! Maybe it's City Face :3:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It was a collective letter written by all the lab mice.

Wikiman
May 30, 2011
Maaan, this is one of the only webcomics that consistently has me just as interested in small stuff like this as huge events. Every character is just so interesting in some way.

Well, almost all of them.

(Lookin' at you boxbot.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Boxbot is terribly interesting! :colbert:

I wonder if Tom will go back to Annie in the next update. :v:

Numero6 fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 13, 2013