Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Apocron posted:

The payment method for say the same thing bananas seems ludicrous though.

I think I saw in the tutorial that it will recharge up to 12 over time, but does anybody know at what rate?

Also, game can be tough, yeesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natrapx
Jan 13, 2010

The x is for xenogamy
So many iOS recommendations seem to be iPad based, but I just got an iPhone 5, so are there any strategy type games like Civilisation or XCom which work well on the smaller screen?

Also, thanks to the thread for going on about Space Agency. Its's a pretty fun little game that one.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Natrapx posted:

So many iOS recommendations seem to be iPad based, but I just got an iPhone 5, so are there any strategy type games like Civilisation or XCom which work well on the smaller screen?

Also, thanks to the thread for going on about Space Agency. Its's a pretty fun little game that one.
For anyone who is jumping into Space Agency now, here's my previous post a few pages back with general advice. If you search by my posts in this thread I've been trying to help people with specific questions about missions when I can. I'm still open for questions if I haven't said something that helps you yet but check that first. It's a shame, because I know this game makes IAP money by offering mission skips or demo videos, but in some cases the instructions are just really vague and bad.

That being said, it's a really nice little game that I've enjoyed a lot more than I thought I would.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

duckfarts posted:

I think I saw in the tutorial that it will recharge up to 12 over time, but does anybody know at what rate?

Also, game can be tough, yeesh.

I think it's one an hour.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

DrManiac posted:

I think it's one an hour.

Pretty sure it said three per hour.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

all I know is that me and teddybear are locked in a goddamn epic battle to get as close to the same word as many times as possible without ever actually getting the same word. So far we've covered midgets, religion, tv shows, dogs and fox news. I think at one point I actually typed "aargh".

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Is there something I need to do in order to turn on Cloud sync with space agency? I was playing on my phone and went to the ipad but it started me back at the tutorials. I don't have to do anything first do I?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

SynthOrange posted:

Some pilots can stand higher g-forces than others.

For something as important as whether you can turn the next move or have to go straight I wish the game was clearer on that front.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Natrapx posted:

I've yet to actually try it but Civilization Revolution is iPhone compatible. Also, Ascendancy has a solid port you may want to check out.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
Here's a weird request for you guys. I like planning everything out in advance then executing it and allowing the game to play out what I've set up. If it's confusing, consider the flash game Beetlefield (http://ncannasse.fr/file/beetlefield/index.html). Can anyone recommend any iOS games like that?

Palpek posted:

Can we get another round of recommendation lists of iphone games you guys currently play/newer titles you dig? I'm doing a 13 hour train trip on friday and want to get some good new games for it.

I'm big on strategy/puzzle games, personally: King Oddball, Luxor, QatQi, The Room, PuzzleQuest, 7 Words, Quarrel DX, Year Walk, Writer Rumble, Mummy's Treasure

Also:

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Natrapx posted:

Sid Meier's Ace Patrol is a great game which you control WWI planes in turn-based dogfights.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
So this say the same thing looks cool so I'm downloading it now. Game Center same as forums name.

FlashBangBob
Jul 5, 2007

BLAM! Internet Found!
So what happens when you run out of Bananas in STST? Do you just not get you play anymore unless you pay for them?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

FlashBangBob posted:

So what happens when you run out of Bananas in STST? Do you just not get you play anymore unless you pay for them?
Wait for them to come back; they come back 1-3 an hour(not really confirmed? see above posts) up to 12.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

FlashBangBob posted:

They'll replenish at a rate of three per hour up to a maximum of 12. They'll always replenish up to 12 but you have to pay if you want any more games past that.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 13, 2013

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

duckfarts posted:

Wait for them to come back; they come back 1-3 an hour(not really confirmed? see above posts) up to 12.

Installed it last night and haven't had a single banana 'regenerate' yet. Bit odd.

e: doh, misread the post.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Weissritter posted:

Sid Meier's Ace Patrol is a great game which you control WWI planes in turn-based dogfights.

WWII planes, good sir.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

nutranurse posted:

WWII planes, good sir.

Incorrect, m'boy.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
How on earth have I been reading the date as 1946 for so long. :psyduck:

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Speaking of Puzzle & Dragons...

http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/13/puzzle-dragons-is-making-3-75m-a-day/

quote:

Puzzle & Dragons is generating $3.75 million a day. That astonishing figure is only matched by the fact that 13 million people in Japan have registered for a game account — that’s nearly 10 percent of the nation’s population.

quote:

The company’s market capitalization also reached $15.1 billion. It has more money on hand than Nintendo ($15 billion), Electronic Arts ($6.7 billion), or Zynga ($2.6 billion). Toto also points out that GungHo has a higher market cap than Nikon, Fujitsu, or Mitsubishi Motors.

:stare:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The obvious next step is to become publicly traded, then watch everyone get pissed off when they're unable to repeat the success and revenues decline.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

xzzy posted:

The obvious next step is to become publicly traded, then watch everyone get pissed off when they're unable to repeat the success and revenues decline.

The Zynga method?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

loving Hell. That's just mind-boggling amounts of money. :magical:

edit: although from what I saw on that spreadsheet a while back, it actually makes some kind of twisted sense.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

xzzy posted:

GungHo is already a publicly traded company. Some more info here.

There's a famous Japanese player who revealed that he spent $3 million yen ($30,000) in a month playing the game.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
STST is incredible fun. Top Gun:Dinosaur > Tom Cruise.

You can also get free bananas by watching ads and poo poo.

Shellrazer is also hella fun. It involves being an Ork and riding a turtle and making it ded shooty.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Say The Same Thing is a perfect example of how a great concept can turn to poo poo over the course of a single day. So many game requests, not enough bananananananas, people playing it wrong, who can write the silliest thing contests. It's too bad, I wanted to like it.

There also doesn't seem to be a way to decline a game. If I get a request, it automatically loads into the game and eats bananas without giving me the ability to refuse. Sorry all y'all who invited me, but I can't keep this up.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bummey posted:

Say The Same Thing is a perfect example of how a great concept can turn to poo poo over the course of a single day. So many game requests, not enough bananananananas, people playing it wrong, who can write the silliest thing contests. It's too bad, I wanted to like it.

So its fate is basically the same as every other human endeavor?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Bummey posted:

There also doesn't seem to be a way to decline a game. If I get a request, it automatically loads into the game and eats bananas without giving me the ability to refuse. Sorry all y'all who invited me, but I can't keep this up.

I only seem to lose bananas when I say something for the first round. My problem is that my mind tends to wander heavily and make rather awkward leaps, especially if I put the first thing that comes to mind. But if you don't end up in sync with someone you can just keep going in opposite directions, trying to compensate, and still end up wildly off course.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Huebrix is a really nice little puzzle game, check it out if you like blocks.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"
Anyone playing Transformer: Legends? And is it possible to add only goons to your allied list in this game? Sad to say I'm hooked on this mofo :smith:

KarmaticStylee
Apr 21, 2007

Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle!

eeenmachine posted:

The latest Crabstarter update has total Crabitron earnings at $12,747.00 :(

Here's hoping the latest drop gives them some kind of boost, the only place they go from here is free I suppose.

http://twolivesleft.com/Crabstarter/

I won't buy because of in-app purchases and I guarantee that I'm not alone..

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

SpookyLizard posted:

I only seem to lose bananas when I say something for the first round. My problem is that my mind tends to wander heavily and make rather awkward leaps, especially if I put the first thing that comes to mind. But if you don't end up in sync with someone you can just keep going in opposite directions, trying to compensate, and still end up wildly off course.

People need to stop trying to guess what the other person is going to say next and just start looking for connections between the two words. If I put "clown" and you put "Stratego," your next answer better not loving be "circus" because I'm going to be looking for a connection between the first two (like, maybe "Candy Land").

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

KarmaticStylee posted:

I won't buy because of in-app purchases and I guarantee that I'm not alone..

I won't buy because it looks like it would be interesting for all of 30 seconds, and there are thousands of free apps to fill that if I desired it.

KarmaticStylee
Apr 21, 2007

Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle!

Bottom Liner posted:

I won't buy because it looks like it would be interesting for all of 30 seconds, and there are thousands of free apps to fill that if I desired it.

This too. Eclipse and Ace Patrol just came out and will keep me busy for quite a long time. Still, I'd consider a mindless 99 center if it didn't contain in app purchases.

Edit- wow just realized Brogue is out for ipad! If you're a roguelike fan this game is great

KarmaticStylee fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 13, 2013

Bummey
May 26, 2004

OK Octopus posted:

People need to stop trying to guess what the other person is going to say next and just start looking for connections between the two words. If I put "clown" and you put "Stratego," your next answer better not loving be "circus" because I'm going to be looking for a connection between the first two (like, maybe "Candy Land").

Yeeeeeeeeep.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
welp guess we're done here :v:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bottom Liner posted:

It is interesting for at least 10-15 minutes.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Yeah, I'm probably gonna go delete it now. Was a fun idea, but it doesn't really work.

also I'm really bad at it

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Has anyone done a Cards Against Humanity clone for iOS yet? Seems like a perfect fit for the platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Dvlos posted:

Anyone playing Transformer: Legends? And is it possible to add only goons to your allied list in this game? Sad to say I'm hooked on this mofo :smith:

Take a look at the PocketTactics review, for several reasons to, and hopefully the motivation to, break your addiction.

It really is one of the worst games on the platform.

• Locked thread