Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

bobkatt013 posted:

I also thought Superman had to buried within 24 hours.

Nah, the Eradicator mentioned that if he had gotten to Superman's body 24 hours later than he did, it might not have been possible to revive him, but there was no rush to get him buried. I doubt decomposition would be much of a problem for the first while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Matlock posted:

Adventures of Superman 504

Personally, this was one of my favorite parts of Reign of Supermen, as despite being a mulletted, gun-toting guy with no powers and a black costume, Superman was still able to convince Steel that he was the real deal. Though perhaps that should be in the touching moments thread.

Dr. Notadoctor
Aug 26, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Its also kinda weird that TMNT of all things was one of the first places where I learned about islam:

The funniest part about this to me is how, despite honestly being very respectful to Islam, it breaks a HUGE RULE and actually shows Muhammad. That said, go TMNT for actually attempting to be progressive towards Muslims!

edit:

Chaos Hippy posted:

Nah, the Eradicator mentioned that if he had gotten to Superman's body 24 hours later than he did, it might not have been possible to revive him, but there was no rush to get him buried. I doubt decomposition would be much of a problem for the first while.

Yeah if the Eradicator couldn't get to him in time the writers would have to come up with a NEW bullshit arbitrary way to bring Superman back :(

Dr. Notadoctor fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 13, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Chaos Hippy posted:

I thought that due to his creator's roots.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Dr. Notadoctor posted:

The funniest part about this to me is how, despite honestly being very respectful to Islam, it breaks a HUGE RULE and actually shows Muhammad. That said, go TMNT for actually attempting to be progressive towards Muslims!

edit:

Yeah if the Eradicator couldn't get to him in time the writers would have to come up with a NEW bullshit arbitrary way to bring Superman back :(

Iirc the thing about not depicting Muhammed isn't in the Koran and is a hadith (I think that's the word) thing, so it's only offensive to certain factions? I may be confusing this with the rule against drawing people in general.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
EDIT: Nevermind, derail.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gavok posted:

Personally, this was one of my favorite parts of Reign of Supermen

Speaking of the Reign of Supermen, have the Rain of Supermen:

(52 #35)
Lex Luthor is such a glorious rear end in a top hat.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Adventure Comics 6
Lex Luthor's sister has an uncurable illness, and Superboy decides to help her with Lex's help. This is what happens

Then he does this just because he can

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Alhazred posted:

(52 #35)

Someone please make me a LexCorp sticker to put over my Apple.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Well, what did he do?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ignite Memories posted:

Well, what did he do?

In the first one he gave people superpowers and then took them all away
In the second he cured his sister then gave it back to her just because he could.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
He created a super-serum thing, a treatment that could give anybody superpowers. No longer would superpowers be restricted to those lucky enough to be born on Krypton or get struck by lightning while bathed in the right chemicals, now anybody can be super! Well, anybody willing to pay :20bux:, or work off the cost of treatment, which is skeevy in its own right and a medium-large sideplot, but no matter. As for that cover, well, Lex kept the off switch on that treatment, and the cover's the result of him remotely depowering a lot of flying superheroes.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Alhazred posted:

(52 #35)

I used to have a collection of all of the 52 covers saved, but my external died.

This one had the heroes whited out; never found one with them still in without the title copy.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I remember the relevant TPB included a variant cover in which the falling heroes were all on fire.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bobkatt013 posted:

Adventure Comics 6
Lex Luthor's sister has an uncurable illness, and Superboy decides to help her with Lex's help. This is what happens

Then he does this just because he can

I can't read that first page at all. :mad:

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Lurdiak posted:

I can't read that first page at all. :mad:

"You did it. You actually did it. It's a miracle."
"Miracles don't exist. But Lex Luthor does."
"What's Lex Luthor do? He makes people walk again."

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
"Rain of Supermen" is the most Johnsiest thing in the goddamn universe.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

It's raining (super)men! Hallelujah!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
With all these terrible DC stories being posted it reminded me of a Superman comic from the 1960s or early 1970s with a villain that had a device that transferred powers from Superman to himself. I think he had some sort of Roman theme going, like he was going to be SUPER CAESAR or some drat thing. His power transference chair had settings for just how much power he could drain and ultimately he decided to go for the gusto and drain it all from Superman, but it was causing his own body to explode. Someone must know who this guy is, because I'm hoping to find a panel of that drat chair with the various drain settings on it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well I did find THIS!

From the 1950s Superman, issue #91

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

Well I did find THIS!

That is the greatest thing these eyes have ever seen.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
That phrase is part of what's making it so hard for me to search for this guy. :argh:

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Perry White is kind of a dick for keeping that superpower under wraps. Conjuring up the souls of long-dead conquerors would probably come in handy every time Metropolis gets blown up by Metallo, but nooooo

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Jerusalem posted:

Well I did find THIS!

This has to be in the new Superman movie. I'll pay double just to see it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jerusalem posted:

Well I did find THIS!

Was that the issue with Super-Ventriloquism?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

I really hope it's just the issue where Caesar's ghost came back and Superman had to battle him.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

You say that like there was only one issue where Superman used his Super-Ventriloquism.

They actually turned that issue of the comic into an episode of the television series...

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Darth Maul: Death Sentence

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Holy poo poo, Dark Horse knows the exact day they're losing the Star Wars license and they do not give any fucks any more, do they?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

That was in 2012, in a mini written by Injustice scribe Tom Taylor.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Matlock posted:

That looks traced from the shocked court photo of The Dark Knight Rises theater shooter.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Big Barda and Mister Miracle are throwing a party for the JLI. Big Barda doesn't know what "weenies" are, but she sure will know it when she sees one.

Turns out she can deal with weenies if it makes her husband happy, but only once a year.

Later, Joker causes havoc with a tank and Big Barda and J'onn J'onzz take him out (he's been having a bad day).

Batman has priorities, and weenies aren't one of them.

Yes, this is juvenile, but it's the JLI, so that's okay.

Justice League International Annual #2.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I appreciate that someone finally pointed out that if Batman's main source of transportation is a car, then he's going to get stuck in city traffic any time he tries to take the Batmobile out in the daytime.

Also that batmobile is so obviously just some normal car that has Bats stuck on the hood and hubcaps.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

Big Barda and Mister Miracle are throwing a party for the JLI. Big Barda doesn't know what "weenies" are, but she sure will know it when she sees one.

Thank god this was apparently published before the internet was a widespread thing, or Barda would've been in for a rude awakening when googling "what is a weenie?"

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Bakanogami posted:

I appreciate that someone finally pointed out that if Batman's main source of transportation is a car, then he's going to get stuck in city traffic any time he tries to take the Batmobile out in the daytime.

Also that batmobile is so obviously just some normal car that has Bats stuck on the hood and hubcaps.

Yeah that's a uh... sporty Batmobile.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Looks like an AMC Spirit from the sides. Front profile isn't even the same car :psyduck:

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Throwdown posted:

That looks traced from the shocked court photo of The Dark Knight Rises theater shooter.

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Uthor posted:

Justice League International Annual #2.

If Nextwave is cheating, Giffen/DeMatteis Justice League certainly is. Please post more.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Matlock posted:

That third panel is the definition of :smug:. It's like Buckley drew this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Is that bald guy next to Barda when the rental Batmobile came in J'onn? drat shapeshifters.

• Locked thread