Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

VogeGandire posted:

I want to see her just bust out Asian Mist once, just for the gently caress of it.

She'll probably do an Australian Mist, which is the same except you spray Foster's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Liar Lyre posted:

She'll probably do an Australian Mist, which is the same except you spray Foster's.
I thought Fosters was pretty much despised in Australia?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Kifisonfire posted:

I thought Fosters was pretty much despised in Australia?

I guess it's pretty good for spraying and messing with like Stone Cold and Buds. Ain't great but gets you drunk.

P.S. I've never had a beer in my life so I hardly know what I'm talking about.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Zyla posted:

Watching that series with Emma training with Lance Storm, makes me amazed at how well she learned from him. She's amazing now from what she was then.

I only saw one episode of that show (it felt horribly staged, even for wrestling) and I remember her legitimately dislocating her shoulder and then popping it right back in. I thought she was pretty tough then even if she wasn't that great in the ring.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Deadpool posted:

I only saw one episode of that show (it felt horribly staged, even for wrestling) and I remember her legitimately dislocating her shoulder and then popping it right back in. I thought she was pretty tough then even if she wasn't that great in the ring.

Thats the same one I saw, it was linked in here a few pages back. It's just striking the development she's had since then. Her being all obsessed about her hair and looks and now to see her rocking it with puro moves, is awesome.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Just saw the Cesaro/Kofi match. That half giant swing :stonk:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

CapCityGoofBall posted:

Just saw the Cesaro/Kofi match. That half giant swing :stonk:

And the flawless transition into the half crab. :circlefap:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I'm a bit behind on things, but I decided to watch that Emma/Bayley match from 4/17 to see what all the Emma fuss was about. After seeing her work her little dance moves into the Muta Lock, I can safely say that I am now a fan. :dance:

E: also, it was great to hear William Regal clearly being a mark for Emma and having fun talking about her. Especially when he said she reminded of him back in his days as the "original raver". "I was at the first illegal raves in '88, me." :v:

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 4, 2013

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

That was my first time seeing Summer Rae wrestle, and I can see why people think she could be good one day, but my god is she green. Took some real good bumps though.

edit: oh, she's been wrestling since 2011.

She's been in the WWE since 2011 but sh'se spent almost all of that time as the GM in FCW and then the ring announcer in NXT. I don't think she ever actually started wrestling until this year (or late last year?) when Paige bumped into her which led to her attacking Paige and turning heel.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Suben posted:

She's been in the WWE since 2011 but sh'se spent almost all of that time as the GM in FCW and then the ring announcer in NXT. I don't think she ever actually started wrestling until this year (or late last year?) when Paige bumped into her which led to her attacking Paige and turning heel.

Just because someone hasn't been wrestling on TV doesn't mean they've not been training. I'm sure she's been training most of the time she's been with the company.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Deadpool posted:

Just because someone hasn't been wrestling on TV doesn't mean they've not been training. I'm sure she's been training most of the time she's been with the company.
Well, there is Rosa...

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

May 4, 2013

Jey Uso vs. Darren Young
Identical Ghosts vs. Prime Time Players

I love that SMS is billed as happening in the morning. It's just absurd, and the commentators try to play along as best they can. Foley should interact with midcarders forever - everybody wins! Brad Maddox shows signs of his old absurd self on commentary this week, to boot.

May 2, 2013

R-Truth vs. Damien Sandow
Tamina vs. Kaitlyn (32 mins in)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I guess it's to discourage casual fans from spoilers, but I never understood the point of pretending everything is live. Like are we meant to believe they just live in the arena all week and an audience shows up for an hour or two's worth of shows every day? It's bizarre.

Also Foley totally Teddy Long'd that first match.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 6, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

sticklefifer posted:

I guess it's to discourage casual fans from spoilers, but I never understood the point of pretending everything is live. Like are we meant to believe they just live in the arena all week and an audience shows up for an hour or two's worth of shows every day? It's bizarre.

That's the old kayfabe, brother.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
It's part of the WWE's problem with not really being able to fly off the hinges and go full nuts. Once in a while it sneaks in, like The Shield and their helicopter ride, or Punk pulling out the title at Comic-Con, but they're way too concerned with staying safe and just moving merch to really get everyone to pour their heart into the show.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

May 8, 2013

Damien Sandow vs. Baron Corbin
Paige vs. Bayley
Big E interview
Briley Pierce (being referred to as Dolph's brother) vs. Sakamoto
Kassius Ohno vs. Camacho
Adrian & Bo vs. Wyatt Family (tag title match)

May 8, 2013

Antonio Cesaro vs. Randy Orton
3MB vs. Usos & Justin Gabriel

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Oh god that Big E promo :allears:

E: Also is it just me or was I the only one reminded of Jurassic Park with them focusing on Kassius and then going back to show Bray Wyatt's grinning face right next to him.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 9, 2013

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Big E continues to be the king of everything :allears:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

FYI, seem like Saturday Morning Slam is going to adhere to the regular TV series rules as oppose to regular WWE programming and it will be off the air during the summer.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I missed a few weeks of NXT but when did Paige turn face? I think her character works a lot better as a heel and the pointing at the audience and fishing for pops seems somehow unbecoming of her.

That said, if they take the story of the 'Barbie Doll' (Summer Rae) bullying the hot emo chick to the main roster I think it could really catch on.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Paige has always been face.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Paige has always been face.

Really? I figured the anti-Diva stuff was more of a heel gimmick that people happened to cheer.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Really? I figured the anti-Diva stuff was more of a heel gimmick that people happened to cheer.

Anti-Diva just meant she had jet black hair and was super pale. She was pretty much cheered the first time she showed up.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Anti-Diva just meant she had jet black hair and was super pale. She was pretty much cheered the first time she showed up.

Wasn't she running in and attacking people at first? Did I imagine this?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

I vaguely recall her being positioned as a heel with Ivelisse in FCW but the crowd took to her almost immediately.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah Paige is one of the most over people in NXT, she turned Big E style. Positioned as a heel but got cheered so much they gave up.

NXT aligns guys the way the crowd wants, Bo being the exception.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I can see Bo being turned in June. I mean he kind of screwed over Neville and Grey.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Liar Lyre posted:

I can see Bo being turned in June. I mean he kind of screwed over Neville and Grey.
And the reveal that he is a part of the Wyatt family.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

achillesforever6 posted:

And the reveal that he is a part of the Wyatt family.

And no one likes Bo even after that. :v:

Bo Dallas: WWE's Jacob Novak, 2013.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Make Bo Bray's Igor-esque servant.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I can't get NowVideo to play for me, no matter where I am or which browser I'm using. What am I missing?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

I can't get NowVideo to play for me, no matter where I am or which browser I'm using. What am I missing?

It doesn't work well for me either, but it was the only single link I could find this week. I think it may be because I have a bunch of Firefox add-ons.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I had the same problem, then I turned off my adblocker and it then worked fine for me.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Shogunate posted:

I had the same problem, then I turned off my adblocker and it then worked fine for me.

Well thank you, that worked.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shogunate posted:

Worked for me too, thanks man.

Paige is really, really good, but I can totally see that Sara Del Rey(Or someone very much like her...) is training these female wrestlers.

Thank god, finally.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
To be fair, both Paige and Bayley worked the indies for a while. I'm sure Sara is really helping them, but they're coming in knowing what they're doing. If WWE's actually serious about building some semblence of a Diva's division, the smartest thing they could do is recruit from Shimmer/WSU/et al. They're good looking women who are already trained to work. It's something TNA figured out early on, but they've booked the division back into being a joke.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Given Bo Dallas' extreme innate dislikability, I have a feeling he is going to be a tremendous heel.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If Bo's not going anywhere, he's at least tolerable in a tag team. They should really work the generational thing, cut his hair and slick it back, stick him in a tag team with Dibiase Jr, and form Sons of Money Inc. It's like Priceless, only with someone you'd actually want to boo instead of Cody.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Given Bo Dallas' extreme innate dislikability, I have a feeling he is going to be a tremendous heel.

Give him a few years of suffering and we'll maybe at least get a good promo out of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKU_k9mcZsc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

She debuted as Seth Rollins' stalker or something, had a heel run of maybe two episodes and just went face from there.

• Locked thread