Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Gunstar Heroes is the next Treasure game I am expecting to show up since the show has such a good relationship with Sega.

That would be amazing. Gunstar Heroes is crazy fun without being overly challenging. Though, I could easily see Arino screwing it up big time since he sucks at shooters so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011
If he played Gunstar Heroes, which assistant would he have to co-op with to fight Green?

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

StevenM posted:

If he played Gunstar Heroes, which assistant would he have to co-op with to fight Green?

Emoto would probably be one of the better ones to do it with. But because it's Season 17, they'd probably force Matsui on him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

NBHS posted:

That's a funny way of spelling "WayForward."

Nintendo Special: MIGHTY SWITCH FORCE needs to happen.

It's spelled "PlatinumGames Inc" ya mooks.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
nvm messed up and misread

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Dominic White posted:

It's kinda like Bangai-O Spirits, but bigger and better and with really playful level design, but it does seem like Treasure are on life support. Sin & Punishment 2 was one of the most expensive projects they've done, and it just completely failed to sell even in Japan, which sucks because it's great.

S&P2 is one of the Wii games that emulates even better on PC than on the original hardware. Doesn't even need any control reconfiguration - the default Dolphin setup maps perfectly to WSAD + mouse in the game.

What really? I have Star Successor and it's awesome for sure. But it plays like it was meant for Mouse and Keyboard? Does it play better/easier?

But yeah I really wish Sega or Nintendo bring treasure into themselves and have them make awesome games again. Or more frequently.

Random Stranger posted:

Gunstar Heroes is the next Treasure game I am expecting to show up since the show has such a good relationship with Sega.

Might be the masochistic in me but Alien Soldier or bust! I love that game with a passion and would love to see Arino play it. I think he'd find it the right kind of Challenging.

Zain fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 11, 2013

gunstarheroes
Mar 11, 2013

Zain posted:

Might be the masochistic in me but Alien Soldier or bust! I love that game with a passion and would love to see Arino play it. I think he'd find it the right kind of Challenging.

I'd be down for any of these. I'm just glad they finally got to a Treasure game last season.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Zain posted:

What really? I have Star Successor and it's awesome for sure. But it plays like it was meant for Mouse and Keyboard? Does it play better/easier?

As the game doesn't use any actual motion-sensing, it effectively treats the pointer like a mouse anyway. Actually using a real mouse makes aiming a little faster/easier, and movement maps automatically to WSAD, with Shift and Space for Dodge and Jump.

It also looks fantastic at 1080p, anti-aliased and polished up. Click the little gear icon to view shots at full res.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 11, 2013

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
If you see a sudden spike of torrent downloading, it's me. Because I used watch on youtube before I came to the thread. and only torrented once I caught up. But now they're gone from youtube it means I need to download the episodes. So thanks SAGCCX for your handy OP!

MUTEkI
Oct 12, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

It's spelled "PlatinumGames Inc" ya mooks.

Plus given their second-party status with Sega after leaving Capcom it really does sorta put them in a role that resembles Treasure Mk. II.

(Shame the bullshit with Gearbox seems to have left Sega without enough money to keep them around they way they had been. Also, Shame about Japan's lawsuit culture because I think they need to sue Gearbox.)

bigboss172
Oct 10, 2012

Mace Bacon posted:

If you see a sudden spike of torrent downloading, it's me. Because I used watch on youtube before I came to the thread. and only torrented once I caught up. But now they're gone from youtube it means I need to download the episodes. So thanks SAGCCX for your handy OP!

remember to seed! at least what you download ;)

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Mace Bacon posted:

I think thanking them for the handy OP is giving them a little too little credit for a vast high-quality translation project buddy ;)

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

I think thanking them for the handy OP is giving them a little too little credit for a vast high-quality translation project buddy ;)

Of course, it goes without saying. I was watching a downtown kiki segment, half of what everyone said was untranslated. I was missing all their banter! So thank you SAGCCX.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
There are still channels on youtube that have videos uploaded, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the copyright gods smite them. Always better to have the episodes downloaded.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Speaking of a vast translation project...

The second anniversary of the SA-GCCX Team has arrived. By my count we did 77 releases in the past year even with some things slowing us down.

And here's your anniversary release, a game that turns everything on its head: Metal Storm. It's brought to you by the tireless zari-gani with checking by the unstoppable Hirayuki.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 723.11 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yesss. I love Metal Storm (probably my favorite NES game ever) and I can't wait to see how well Arino did compared to when I played it and beat it in one sitting last year.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
It's been two years? Wow. Happy anniversary, and thanks ever so much for the 77 hours of free entertainment you guys have put out for us.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Happy two year anniversary, SAGCCX! :toot: I was a little skeptical that this whole thing would not have gotten off the ground considering that goon projects usually don't get far, but I'm really happy that I was proven wrong. :)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I forgot something about the Metal Storm episode. This is spoilers for the first couple of minutes...

I know who ate Arino's cookies. I want you to tell me who did it. Which staffer is the dastardly cookie thief?

Zari-gani doesn't get to answer this one because I know that she knows the answer as well.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Wow, I'm surprised it's only been two years. I haven't been here from the start, but with all the success (77 episodes, making GCCX so popular, the America episode) I would have thought you'd been doing this for longer. Amazing!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

UP AND ADAM posted:

Wow, I'm surprised it's only been two years. I haven't been here from the start, but with all the success (77 episodes, making GCCX so popular, the America episode) I would have thought you'd been doing this for longer. Amazing!

It's more than 77 episodes; that just the number of releases we did last year. We've had 140 releases total.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

I know who ate Arino's cookies. I want you to tell me who did it. Which staffer is the dastardly cookie thief?

Zari-gani doesn't get to answer this one because I know that she knows the answer as well.

When no one was looking, Abe took forty cookies. He took 40 cookies. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Hahaha Takahashi in the tamage again :allears: Goes so well with the last episode you guys released.

Raife
Feb 2, 2004
Thank You. This is my favorite NES game and the one episode I wanted translated the most. Sooooo excited!

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Authorman posted:

After that make him play Solar Jetman. :getin:

Solar Jetman wasn't even released in Japan, sadly. He'd have to play an import copy on an import NES.

The latter can be found in Akihabara, though! I've never seen a SJ cart in a Trader or Super Potato, however.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Thanks for another great year!

bdr9
Mar 19, 2013
According to the Retro Game Master USA Facebook page, a Game Center CX app will be released on June 6.

quote:

Game Center CX app will be out on June 6!
According to the official site, GCCX app called "GCCXch." have a plan to provide us regular TV program information in Japan, bonus footage which can not see only here and interactive contents.
http://blog.fujitv.co.jp/gamecenter/index.html

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Random Stranger posted:

I forgot something about the Metal Storm episode. This is spoilers for the first couple of minutes...

It's gotta be Suda, right? He would certainly be justified :v:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bdr9 posted:

According to the Retro Game Master USA Facebook page, a Game Center CX app will be released on June 6.

http://blog.fujitv.co.jp/gamecenter/index.html

Sounds like an extension of the mobile site that's come up a few times only if it's an app then it will be available in the US like the Triotos app...

I'll reveal the answer to my question tomorrow after more people have had a chance to watch the episode.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 14, 2013

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the new episode Arino gets made fun of because of his haircut, and the subtitles say he said "it was a success", but isn't he saying "it wasn't a success"

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*
Woo, new challenge!

Here's to another great year of translations. :cheers:

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

AF posted:

Hahaha Takahashi in the tamage again :allears: Goes so well with the last episode you guys released.

Takahashi getting so hype for Baby Squirrel is seriously the best thing.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

ACID POLICE posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the new episode Arino gets made fun of because of his haircut, and the subtitles say he said "it was a success", but isn't he saying "it wasn't a success"

Nope. Arino says "Seikou ja!" (it's even subtitled "成功じゃ!").

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

Aw, man! I've been waiting for Metal Storm! One of my favorite underdog NES games. I've been dying to watch this but couldn't find a RAW that didn't look like someone flushed it down a toilet. Thanks guys!

Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can find some RAWs of older eps? In particular I'm looking to watch the Saint Seiya episode (I just got done reading a bunch of the manga RAW for practice, so I'd like to see how Arino handles the game) and Super Spy Hunter (I loved NES shmups when I was a kid -- not to mention the episode before that mentions that the Retro Read Aloud will be Secret of Mana!).

Edit: Also thank you whoever got me the new avatar/text. I really appreciate it.

AzraelDarkheart fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 14, 2013

TemporalParadox
Dec 21, 2003

*~blush~*

AzraelDarkheart posted:

Aw, man! I've been waiting for Metal Storm! One of my favorite underdog NES games. I've been dying to watch this but couldn't find a RAW that didn't look like someone flushed it down a toilet. Thanks guys!

Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can find some RAWs of older eps? In particular I'm looking to watch the Saint Seiya episode (I just got done reading a bunch of the manga RAW for practice, so I'd like to see how Arino handles the game) and Super Spy Hunter (I loved NES shmups when I was a kid -- not to mention the episode before that mentions that the Retro Read Aloud will be Secret of Mana!).

Edit: Also thank you whoever got me the new avatar/text. I really appreciate it.

joek0 has a youtube channel (if it's still up) with a bunch of raws. Check their post history or look back through the thread and you can probably find it, I don't have the link off hand.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn

Random Stranger posted:

Nope. Arino says "Seikou ja!" (it's even subtitled "成功じゃ!").

I stand corrected and appropriately shamed!

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

TemporalParadox posted:

joek0 has a youtube channel (if it's still up) with a bunch of raws. Check their post history or look back through the thread and you can probably find it, I don't have the link off hand.

I used to watch RAWs on his channel, and it was also taken down in the great YouTube purge. So unfortunately that's a no go. At one point, I favorited a 360p RAW of the Saint Seiya episode that wasn't awful, so I could watch it later.

I'm kicking myself now for never downloading it.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

AzraelDarkheart posted:

I used to watch RAWs on his channel, and it was also taken down in the great YouTube purge. So unfortunately that's a no go. At one point, I favorited a 360p RAW of the Saint Seiya episode that wasn't awful, so I could watch it later.

I'm kicking myself now for never downloading it.
Actually, joek took them down himself after he saw that Fuji TV was starting to crack down on episodes. I'm sure you still can find some raws on there, but I'm sure most of them are gone by now and any new ones uploaded won't be up for very long.

It wouldn't hurt to also check other, less popular video hosting sites like DailyMotion for raws since people like to upload raws to those due to those sites not being as popular as YouTube.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

AzraelDarkheart posted:

Saint Seiya: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzI3MDY4MDIw.html

Super Spy Hunter: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzA1MjUzNjY0.html

Just let me know what raws you need and I will post the link to it. Youku has alot of GCCX raws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

joek0 posted:

Saint Seiya: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzI3MDY4MDIw.html

Super Spy Hunter: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzA1MjUzNjY0.html

Just let me know what raws you need and I will post the link to it. Youku has alot of GCCX raws.

I appreciate it, but those are the ones I kept finding when I would search Google in Japanese. The Saint Seiya RAW is really awful (it's pretty close to slideshow quality). The Super Spy Hunter one is only SLIGHTLY better than that, but still kinda makes my eyes bleed. I know GCCX only started doing HD recently, but there HAS to be rips of those episodes out there in better quality than that.