Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

GrickleGrass posted:

Man, you guys poaching draft picks from the newbies are like a bunch of loving salivating vultures. Especially you, Cthulhu, shame on you. At least some of us have the gumption to not take advantage of poor, defenseless new owners for their valuable draft picks.

Anyone who uses their #3 overall pick on Bill Dickey deserves what they get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I'd actually enjoy having an old-rear end Rickey Henderson. What are we talking, here?

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Monicro posted:

Anyone who uses their #3 overall pick on Bill Dickey deserves what they get

For the record, would #14 have seemed reasonable? Because he was at the top of my board assuming he fell to me. I don't know how heavily to weight team need since I have no experience.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 14, 2013

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

alpha_destroy posted:

For the record, would #14 have seemed reasonable? Because he was at the top of my board assuming he fell to me. I don't know how heavily to weight team need since I have no experience.

I don't know your team so I couldn't tell you if it makes sense for you specifically, but in a vacuum drafting him at #14 is definitely fine.

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.

FairGame posted:

I'd actually enjoy having an old-rear end Rickey Henderson. What are we talking, here?

He's a pretty shiny turd, as far as turds go. A fast turd. A patient turd. Still has some value especially as a pinch runner, fourth outfielder type who can't hit for poo poo but can swipe some bags if you're facing a team that hands out walks like AOL free-trial disks. Both are nineties era relics.

I need a solid second baseman, but who're we kidding here? You're not going to give me anyone of half decent value at that position. Other than that, really I'm looking most at dependable relievers and starting pitching depth-- though SPs only to a certain extent. One can have too many turds, sometimes. A DH/1B with dinger power but little else wouldn't be a bad fit, either. Lastly, maybe outfield depth at center. And draft picks are always welcome.

You wanna talk turd, let's talk turd.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

GrickleGrass posted:

He's a pretty shiny turd, as far as turds go. A fast turd. A patient turd. Still has some value especially as a pinch runner, fourth outfielder type who can't hit for poo poo but can swipe some bags if you're facing a team that hands out walks like AOL free-trial disks. Both are nineties era relics.

I need a solid second baseman, but who're we kidding here? You're not going to give me anyone of half decent value at that position. Other than that, really I'm looking most at dependable relievers and starting pitching depth-- though SPs only to a certain extent. One can have too many turds, sometimes. A DH/1B with dinger power but little else wouldn't be a bad fit, either. Lastly, maybe outfield depth at center. And draft picks are always welcome.

Larry Doyle. 2B. Wanna talk about it?

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.

cbx posted:

Larry Doyle. 2B. Wanna talk about it?

Your eagerness to flip Doyle makes me suspicious that he's a turd in sheep's clothing. What has Doyle done to you for you to hate him so?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

GrickleGrass posted:

Your eagerness to flip Doyle makes me suspicious that he's a turd in sheep's clothing. What has Doyle done to you for you to hate him so?

He's not better than Charlie Gehringer for me to use him as a starter. That's not to say he's not good at all, just that he's a trade piece for me.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

GrickleGrass posted:

I have a lovely selection of turds for your old Rickey.

Perhaps a Mark Grudzielanek or Mike Lansing might be of interest at middle infield?

Or a 1993 Chuck Finley or Mark Langston?

Perhaps a 2012 Paul Goldschmidt or Justin Upton

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Pick 'em: The End of the Road
Pick the winner, number of games (best-of-nine), and final score
Luna Landers @ Macho Men, 7 games, 9-2

Smasher seems like a pretty smart guy, I trust his ability to compile a team, and Macho Man wouldn't let anything bearing his likeness down.

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.
Alright, for old rear end turd Rickey Henderson--

how old are the following? (And I don't mean what year are they from, gently caress, I'm lazy here don't make me look up all these drat players and use a calculator or something. I don't even want to look up stats now. I'm in pain and tired. Take advantage of me, gently caress, have me your way. Just don't make me do any work on this deal and it's yours).
cbx:
Your Doyle? And how'd he perform in the past when he was starting regularly?

fairgame:
Grudzie and Lansing? Same questions. How old, how'd they do? Small sample sizes are fine, I don't give a gently caress, just let me know.

I'll let you know how Rickey did in return: he didn't hit. He walked. He stole bases. He performed well enough in left and center when he wasn't being old and applying tiger balm to his aching hammys on the bench.

Finley looks okay, too, but I already got a Johnson and hell, a sixth or seventh starter I already have I guess-- good ol' Leiter didn't do too bad for me. And I've got two Moyers hanging around... which reminds me:
Anyone out there still looking to build The Ultimate Jamie Moyer Experience?
Do you have Moyers, not have Moyers, but need more Moyers?
I've got an Old Moyer, a young Moyer, two Moyers for the price of ONE!
This, and all the more can be yours! Inquire: Turds for Turds Trading (TM)

But yeah, not really interested in the Goldshit, Langston, or Uptons of the world.

So let me know about your Doyles and Grudzies and Lansings and maybe I can float a turd your way in exchange for one of your floaters. Hell, one of them might even end up being better than Julio Franco!

Be real with me: if any of them might outperform Julio Franco I could be persuaded to throw in a reliever you may never use along with Rickey! Just because I can! Who doesn't need another crapshoot of a reliever when all your other guys go north of 6.00+ERA after 11IP and you're looking to 'mix things up' a little?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Jamie Moyer intrigues me, but only if he's at least 44 years old. Otherwise I'm not interested.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

alpha_destroy posted:

Monicro posted:

I don't know your team so I couldn't tell you if it makes sense for you specifically, but in a vacuum drafting him at #14 is definitely fine.

In the four season (two divisional championships and one pennant) experience of the Phoenixes, '38 Bill Dickey performed as follows:

SLVI: .307/.353/9HR, platooned with old Piazza/Schnozz Lombardi; DRAA -28
SLVII: .275/.341/10HR, injured on several occasions; DRAA -9
SLVIII: .228/.241/2HR, benched for poor performance in favor of Lombardi; DRAA -4
SLIX: .235/.301/1HR, benched for poor performance in favor of Lombardi [possibly Wally Pipped, I forget]; DRAA 2

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
^^^ I disagree with the sheet ordering too, I'm pretty sure 1970 Joe Torre is a better catcher than either of the guys ahead of him.

Larry Doyle is.. a thing I guess. Bill James had him in 2000 as the 20th greatest 2B guy of all time. That's a plus. His problem is that his skills do not translate that well into the SL imho. He's a speedy dude with a poor CS percentage, a good contact hitter but not great, a good but not great batting eye, deadball power (i.e. none) and more importantly sloppy defence at 2B. He has great range but Mogul gives him one of the worst fielding ratings I've seen. If you have a bleeding gash at 2B he might have utility, but he's hard to recommend.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 08:07 on May 14, 2013

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012

Mr. Cool Ice posted:

Jamie Moyer intrigues me, but only if he's at least 44 years old. Otherwise I'm not interested.

If roughly half the expansion class quits, I will rise from the grave and trade you 2012 Jamie Moyer.

By the way, Smasher, thanks for rationalizing my lineup whilst still using the Rainwater; I thought I posted a lineup, but apparently it was a delusion.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

The Merry Marauder posted:

In the four season (two divisional championships and one pennant) experience of the Phoenixes, '38 Bill Dickey performed as follows:

SLVI: .307/.353/9HR, platooned with old Piazza/Schnozz Lombardi; DRAA -28
SLVII: .275/.341/10HR, injured on several occasions; DRAA -9
SLVIII: .228/.241/2HR, benched for poor performance in favor of Lombardi; DRAA -4
SLIX: .235/.301/1HR, benched for poor performance in favor of Lombardi [possibly Wally Pipped, I forget]; DRAA 2

RIP San Marcos Engineers 2013-2013

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.

Mr. Cool Ice posted:

I have both the classic iteration "Moyer the Mariner" and "Young-Gun: Tex Moyer", a vintage edition that is a highly sought after collectible. Comes with white cowboy hat, authentic leather assless chaps and revolver sidearm that can be held with 'gun-fu grip.'

But sorry, I do not have "Moyer: the Philadelphia Experiment" for you Moyer Phanatics, nor do I have the elusive limited edition "Rockie Mountain High Moyer: 30 Years of Moyer." The best I can do is the Moyer the Mariner model, however, you can get this one at most retailers in the bargain bin for a Chone Figgins.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Cthulhu's totally unofficial Draft Preview!

I felt like doing this because the ratings in the spreadsheet annoy me. This may disadvantage me, but gently caress it. Also, I may be wrong. This is one owners opinion - and I've never won loving poo poo in the SL so this opinion needs to be taken with a mighty salt shaker.

Catcher

None of these guys have good defensive skills, but they can all really hit. Like, if you made a list of the best all bat no glove catchers in MLB history, these guys are it. They fall into three groups: Lombardi, Torre and Simmons who are a good age, Downing/Munson who are a bit young/not that good but fill holes and Piazza who is too old, but would probably be a fine backup though his defence has gone to poo poo.

BM2013 Autosort thinks that Ted Simmons is the best guy here, but I tend to think that Joe Torre is better, in part because he can be stationed at 3B on his days off. Lombardi is just so loving slow that it's a liability, and Simmons and Torre have more home run power.

Joe Torre '70
Ted Simmons '79 (BM2013's AI thinks he's the best C here)
Ernie Lombardi '36 (BM2013's AI thinks he's the 2nd best C here)
Brian Downing '75
Brian Downing '78
Thurman Munson '73
Thurman Munson '70
Mike Piazza '06

4th round flyer: 1970 Ted Simmons

First Base

Jeff Bagwell '98
Lou Gehrig '38
Mark McGwire '89
Mark Grace '89
Eddie Murray '87

There is an impressive collection of bats here: Bagwell can do it all - he has great hitting, a bit of speed and solid defence. Gehrig is getting older and is on the bottom of the defensive pile, but can still really hit. It's super close with Bagwell. McGwire is dinger central, can take a walk and has no other skills, Mark Grace has great defence and a good batting average and OBP but maybe not SL power at 1B, Eddie Murray is the most consistent player ever, but is consistently ho hum in the SL despite being a great player.

4th round flyer: Pick another quality bat. Dick Allen or Big Papi maybe - :siren: Dick did amazingly poo poo for CraigK:siren: but I feel like he should be better.

Second Base

Teams in need of a 2B/3B guy, Rejoice!

Rogers Hornsby '28 NB: Can play 3B
Nap Lajoie '05
Nap Lajoie '02
Roberto Alomar '96 NB: Can play SS.. sort of
Ryne Sandberg '89 NB: Can play 3B
Nap Lajoie '10
Bobby Grich NB: Can play SS
Chase Utley '11

So.. uhh, if you need a 2B guy, there are plenty of good choices. Hornsby is one of the three best 2B guys ever and can play 3B if you need him to, 27 and 30 year old Lajoie can hit singles and have great range, Alomar can just hit, Sandberg isn't quite as good with the bat (imho, it's his batting eye, speed and contact skills isn't quite as good as Alomar, but he has considerably more power), but has much better defence and can play 3B. It's real close - I'm not sure who is better.

Once you get out of tier 1, you're STILL looking pretty good - Bobby Grich is a 6 time all star who came up as a shortstop, Utley is pretty good, and while Old Lajoie isn't as good as the other two tier 1 2B guys once you take into account errors, he's still loving Napoleon Lajoie.

4th round flyer: Joe Gordon '38 - he's probably to young to be consistently useful, but he is a hall of famer.

Third Base

So apparently most SL teams have the curse of 3B.

Wade Boggs '85 (BM2013's AI thinks he's the best 3B here)
Ron Santo '69

Home Run Baker '16
Stan Hack '45
Chipper Jones '95
Bobby Bonilla '88 * Can play RF and 1B.

Bill Madlock '76
Hank Thompson '54
Brooks Robinson '72
Matt Williams '96
Troy Glaus '02
Mike Schmidt '89
Red Rolfe '38

I think there is a case that Wade Boggs is the best SL 3B guy, because his contact skills and batting eye play really well in the SL. Of course, it might be that Ron Santo is the best SL 3B guy, except in his case it is general excellence, as he hits for power, draws walks and has pretty good defence. After that there is a sharp drop off in quality. Seriously, most teams would be better off drafting Sandberg from the 2B pool and playing him at 3B than trying to get any of these other losers to start at 3B. Matt Williams cannot make contact with SL pitching, Stan Hack is to old, Chipper Jones is to young, Bobby Bonilla is to fat, and so it goes. Mike Schmidt is really way to old.

4th round flyer: Bobby Bonilla '88 - I really like him and if he falls to me I'll probably draft him. He can hit OK and can play 3B or RF as needed. Not many guys can do that in the SL.

Shortstop

Barry Larkin '95
Barry Larkin '90
Hanley Ramirez '09 (BM2013's AI thinks he's the best SS here)
Joe Sewell '24
Bobby Wallace '06

Larkin is the only guy here who doesn't come with an caution - he's a complete player with good defence and a good bat. Ramirez is intresting - he has great contact and power ratings but a medicore batting eye make me question his value, Sewell is elite defensively but has questionable offense due to a complete absence of anything that looks like power, Bobby Wallace is a hall of famer but from 1906 which makes me cautious

4th inning flyer: Alvin Dark got screwed because of WWII, but he was pretty good.

Left Field

Barry Bonds '88 * Can play CF in a pinch
Rickey Henderson '89 * Can play CF in a pinch
Rickey Henderson '85 * Can play CF
Moises Alou '98
Goose Goslin '30 * Can play CF/RF okayish.

I'm quitely hoping Rickey Henderson falls to me in the 2nd round - I think he's one of the best bats left in the draft. If I wasn't afraid of being lynched, I'd consider listing him above Bonds for age reasons. There is a pretty big gap to Moises Alou, but he's a solid LF. Goose Goslin is a career OPS+ 128 outfielder with little power, but he's here because he can play CF and RF (sort of) as well, and CF is a wasteland of good options, so he might be worth having.

4th round flyer: Adam Dunn '06 can 'play' 1B or LF and can deliver you HRs, walks, and many many strikeouts!

Centre Field

Carlos Beltran '04
Larry Doby '51
Sam Crawford '03
Andy Pafko '45 * Can play 3B!
Max Carey '21 * Wild card entry!

I hope no-one wanted a CF! Beltran strikes out to much and SL Albatross Larry Doby is the 2nd best player here, so you're boned. If your desperate, Crawford has contact skills and speed, but Pafko has pretty good defence and can play 3B to an decent standard (he's about as good as Al Rosen).

Wild Card Entry: I'm not sure what I think of Max Carey. I initially discarded him, but was inspired to give him a second look when I saw his black ink. He has no power - but he he lead the league in SB 10 times(!) with a great CS percentage, one season going 51-2 while also leading the league in base on balls. The result is a pseudo Rickey Henderson. His only offensive (Contact/Power/Speed/Eye) rating below a 90 is power - just like Rickey. Unlike Rickey he also has a cannon throwing arm, leading to electric defence. I'm not suggesting he'll be a great player, but I feel he's worth considering, maybe in the 4th round.

Right Field

Roberto Clemente '64
Ichiro!!! '02 * Can play CF
Larry Walker '97 * Can play CF
Elmer Flick '02
Tim Salmon '02

If you ask the game, the order is: Ichiro, Sam Crawford from the CF category(!), Clemente, Walker. I have no idea what is going on because it predicts an OPS of .968 for walker which is way better than the other clowns. Basically, Ichiro, Clemente, Crawford and Flick are all iterations of the same player - fast contact hitters with good throwing arms. Ichiro is probably the coolest, but I'm not sure if he's the best. Walker is a different beast - a quality all around player who always seems to underperform in the SL

Starting Pitchers

BBM uses 3 stats to talk about pitchers: Power, Movement and Control. In the simplest possible terms, Control reduces walks, Power increases strikeouts, Movement decreases the hitter's BABIP and HRs off the pitcher. Back of the rotation SL guys have 2 good ratings and one bad one, basically as follows:

Deadball pitchers like Rube Waddell or Eddie Plank have great movement and control, but no power.
Power pitchers like Randy Johnson have amazing Power and Movement, but no control.
Modern 'quality right handed pitchers' like Curt Schilling have good power and control ratings but poor movement.
SL Aces either have electric ratings 2 categories like Nolan Ryan or Christy Mathewson, or just have pretty drat good ratings in all three categories like Clemens or Pedro Martinez.

This isn't a perfect categorization - Bret Sabrehagen has good control and movement ratings but is a modern pitcher. As a general rule, pitchers with good control do better in the SL, but modern quality RHPs with great control are imho the best SL starters. This list isn't perfect, but I feel the gap between Curt Schilling and Frank Tanana is a large one in terms of overall quality. Guys will move around a lot on this list based on the park you have them in and the defence you have infront of them. Questionable defence wants strikeout pitchers. Deadballers get lots of ground balls, but guys like Bret get more pop flies instead.

Nolan Ryan '78
Juan Marichal '62
Bob Gibson '70 - I know he's old but he can still really bring it.
Jim Bunning '64
Carl Mays '21
Randy Johnson '98 - Lots of strikeouts. I demoted him a bit, because I think Mays is better, but I'm not totally sure. Mays is a completely different pitcher for sure.
Steve Carlton '70 - Steve Carlton and Randy Johnson are so alike its amazing - except for Carlton being crazy and Randy Johnson seems like a generally level headed dude and a fan of watchmaking (what is with that?)
Don Sutton '71
Whitey Ford '53 - could be rated below Schilling.
Curt Schilling '98
Frank Tanana '78
Urban Shocker '16 - 80 name tool. He might be overrated here a bit. The SL 4/5th starter line starts about here.
Andy Pettitte '97
Bret Saberhagen '95
Eddie Plank '11 - Pretty sure his Federal League season is giving him a boost - he doesn't look so good if you take the miracle season out. How good is he really? Who knows.
Eddie Plank '02
Rick Reuschel '76
Rick Reuschel '77
Rube Waddell '02 - Not sure his control is here for a leftie with no power. Could justifably moved lower.
Dean Chance '64
Lefty Gomez '38
Jose Rijo '90
Jose Rijo '95
Jim Kaat '75
Jack McDowell '95

I think value ends about here, maybe a few slots before and I might be underrating King Felix, Messersmith or Cliff Lee. Rating pitchers is super hard.

Rick Sutcliffe '89
Stephen Strasburg '12
Sad Sam Jones '18
Andy Messersmith '74
Felix Hernandez '10
Cliff Lee '10
David Wells '95
Doug Drabek '88
Jered Weaver '06
Bob Shawkey '16
Jarrod Washburn '02
AJ Burnett '06

4th inning flyer: Cliff Lee? Felix?

Relief Pitchers

Billy Wagner '98
Goose Gossage '75
Hoyt Wilhelm '54
Bruce Sutter '76
Trevor Hoffman '06
Robb Nen '96

Those guys are really good. Usefulness diminishes sharply from this point.

4th round flyer: Rookie K-Rod is my flyer pick - he's probably just to young to be consistent, but even with the youngness he's still better than a lot of guys in SL bullpens and he just might get a miracle roll one season. Total flyer though.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 12:22 on May 14, 2013

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

^^^ I disagree with the sheet ordering too, I'm pretty sure 1970 Joe Torre is a better catcher than either of the guys ahead of him.

Hi everyone! I made the draft spreadsheet. I thought this went without saying, but I'll go ahead and say it. The ordering on the players is by no means the end all be all of player quality, or an accurate representation of their performance in BBM2013 and the super-league. They simply are based on my intuition and opinion, and I am by no means a baseball or mogul genius.

Why does this matter? Well, You should do your own research before making your pick. Maybe Nap Lajoie is a better choice than Roger Hornsby. Maybe Bill Dickey is not the best catcher on the board. You should do everything in your power, whether it is checking BB-reference, past super-league seasons, baseball mogul tests, to come to a good decision.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 14, 2013

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
GEE IT SURE IS FUNNY THAT MOST OF THE BEST PLAYERS AVAILABLE WERE MINE YET I DIED IN LIKE THE SECOND ROUND OF THE GAUNTLET

Seriously, gently caress you, BM2013. gently caress you with a rake.

Cool dudes you should pick because they are sexy and will give you sexy results:

Torre
Hornsby
Gibson
Johnson
Carlton
Wagner
Felix will do surprisingly well for you as your 3rd/4th starter

People who can burn in a goddamn tire fire:

Bagwell
A-Rod
Burnett
A-Rod
Dick Allen
A-Rod
Dick Allen
A-Rod
Dick Allen
A-Rod
Dick Allen
A-Rod
Dick Allen

CraigK fucked around with this message at 12:29 on May 14, 2013

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax
My turn yet? If so, and there's still a Bonds available, I'm willing to deal for sure!

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
I see a severe lack of Branch Rickey in the draft. Afterall he was clearly a corner stone in my excellent playing and is a Hall of Fame trainer. Thus he warrents a first round pick :colbert:

It's not like you haven't done worse drafts yet.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

factorialite posted:

My turn yet? If so, and there's still a Bonds available, I'm willing to deal for sure!

I'd really rather have some more time off, but if it means that much to you, then yes, uublog and the Flying Squirrels are eliminated, and it's factorialite's pick.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Pick 'em: The End of the Road
Pick the winner, number of games (best-of-nine), and final score
Luna Landers @ Macho Men, 8 games, 7-3

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I'd really rather have some more time off, but if it means that much to you, then yes, uublog and the Flying Squirrels are eliminated, and it's factorialite's pick.

When would you like your vacation to end? I don't have to pick right away.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

factorialite posted:

Neither do I. #OccupySuperLeagueDraft

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
We need an All-Super-League-Die-In-A-Tire-Fire team. Mel Ott can join A-Rod and Dick Allen!

How can I forget Ken Griffey Jr? Put him on the team too.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 14, 2013

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

GrickleGrass posted:

fairgame:
Grudzie and Lansing? Same questions. How old, how'd they do? Small sample sizes are fine, I don't give a gently caress, just let me know.

I'll let you know how Rickey did in return: he didn't hit. He walked. He stole bases. He performed well enough in left and center when he wasn't being old and applying tiger balm to his aching hammys on the bench.

Both Gruzielanek and Lansing are 1996 Montreal models. Grudzielanek's 26. Lansing's 28.

Lansing didn't make my roster. Grudzielanek hit .285 with a .313 OBP in limited duty.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010
:siren: Playoff Pick Em Score Update :siren:

Thankfully, none of you really benefited from my abject humiliation at the hands of the Landers. mks5000 was the high score this round being the only one to pick the Landers in 5 games.

pre:
Owner	               Score
Zodiac5000	        46
mks5000	                35
kw0134	                29
Monicro	                28
Robert_Deadford	        28
mentholmoose	        27
Beet	                25
CaptainYesterday	20
GVOLTT	                20
oldskool	        19
Chilly McFreeze	        14
FairGame	        12
Revenant Threshold	10
alpha_destroy	         6
TheFlyingLlama	         6
factorialite	         4
tatankatonk	         4

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Well, I guess I'm gonna wager on the Macho Men in 9, by a squeaker of 6-5.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

As someone who used Juan Marichal in his 1963 iteration in a park that favored hitters over pitchers, he's way too young to be even of partial use to teams that favor dinger machines. If you have a halfway competent defense and are tailoring yourself to be a hefty pitcher's park, he might be fine, but he's a mid-rotation guy at best even under those circumstances.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

factorialite posted:

Whatever the case, uublog's been given his 24 hours to show up by now, which he hasn't, so you're pretty much okay to make your pick whenever you're ready.

That, and I'm a bit impatient to see who's left at my first pick (then again, so is everyone who hasn't drafted yet), unless I get prize picks in the unlikely chance I beat Beet in the EC Championship somehow, from what I understand.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Yeah! I want to draft dammit! lets kick it up a notch!

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax
With the 10th pick in the Dispersal Draft, the Juneau Juggernauts select '28 Rogers Hornsby, 2B, Arkansas Destroyers.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Evil wins the day!

This team may never die.

If any team disappears off the face of the earth, which has a good chance of happening given the sheer number of teams involved, the Cougars are right back in this thing!

PANDA MAGIC OVER FOREVER!

Super-League X Divisional Alignment

Memento Mori (no DH)
Antarctica Unspecifieds (4th Season)
Boston Skyhawks (5th Season)
Burma Imperialists (6th Season)
Cancun Tornados (3rd Season)
Foul Pole Penguins (Rookie)
San Marcos Engineers (Rookie)

Vae Victis (no DH)
Coburns (3rd Season)
Florida Oranges (6th Season)
Indianapolis Generals (Rookie)
Rochester Generics (v2) (Rookie)
Rockford Losers (v2) (6th Season)
Southie Hitmen (Rookie)

Sic Transit Vir (no DH)
CERN Colliders (2nd Season)
Cleveland Unicorns (v2) (8th Season)
Leicester Hunchbanks (Rookie)
Oklahoma City Bombers (Rookie)
Somali Pirates (Rookie)
St. Louis Congratulators (Rookie)

Mark Bellhorn (DH)
Cuba Batmen (Rookie)
Fukuoka Finger-Bangers (9th Season)
Juneau Juggernauts (v2.5) (Rookie)
Montreal Manatees (2nd Season)
Queens Mercuries (v2) (2nd Season)

Senor Goodtimes (DH)
Akabira Killer Mikes (Rookie)
Automatons (Rookie)
Carolina Llamas (Rookie)
Louisville Muggers (Rookie)
Luna Landers (5th Season)/Unknown mrnoun team (Rookie)
(Connecticut) Thunderstorms (Rookie)

Norris-Smythe (DH)
Krakow Dragons (Rookie)
Ryleh Cultists (4th Season)
South Bolton Eazy W's (10th Season)
South Dakota Marmosets (Rookie) (DIE ALONE!)
Walney Rakers (2nd Season)

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
In a division with the Unicorns and the Pirates?

:ohdear:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

factorialite posted:

With the 10th pick in the Dispersal Draft, the Juneau Juggernauts select '28 Rogers Hornsby, 2B, Arkansas Destroyers.

gently caress.

With the 11th pick in the Dispersal Draft, the Florida Oranges rise from the grave, step over the body of yet another fallen Bruzer squadron and select 1978 Nolan Ryan, making the last of the House of Ser Barrold fall yet another selection.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax

oldskool posted:

gently caress.

With the 11th pick in the Dispersal Draft, the Florida Oranges rise from the grave, step over the body of yet another fallen Bruzer squadron and select 1978 Nolan Ryan, making the last of the House of Ser Barrold fall yet another selection.

I wanted to find you and trade down, I was sure you wanted him.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

With those two picks, Zodiac5000 and the South Dakota Marmosets are up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

theacox posted:

In a division with the Unicorns and the Pirates?

:ohdear:
Right there with you, buddy. :ohdear:

Still, I was expecting Cthulhu again.