Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

ButWhatIf posted:

Some more Gosnell stupidity.

"You don't believe [thing I believe], therefore you cannot possibly believe [other thing I believe]."

At least he's being somewhat polite about it this time.

I don't get it, is he strawmanning pro-choice people or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The Gosnell case wasn't covered widely until recently because the court imposed a gag order. It's not because the media loves abortion or hates black people (or loves black people, I honestly can't figure what the person talking about race was trying to imply).

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Shannonmcn posted:

Where fans suck up all the oxygen and suffocate you? I thought that was on a level with monsters under the bed, like a joke? :saddowns:

:ssh: "Fan death" is a euphemism for suicide. No one really believes that running a fan while you sleep will kill you. :ssh:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Previa_fun posted:

:ssh: "Fan death" is a euphemism for suicide. No one really believes that running a fan while you sleep will kill you. :ssh:

Sadly, there are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Pretending for argument's sake that these statistics are real, how is it an argument against gun control that stricter gun control in the UK was later followed by more armed robberies in Australia? They... they do know Australia hasn't been part of the British Empire for a long time, right?

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Pretending for argument's sake that these statistics are real, how is it an argument against gun control that stricter gun control in the UK was later followed by more armed robberies in Australia? They... they do know Australia hasn't been part of the British Empire for a long time, right?

WHY WON'T YOU LIEBERALS JUST SHUTUP AND PUT FACTS BEFORE loving EMOTION!!!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Wasn't it here where some guy went all :words: about how "fan death is real" years ago, and accused everyone who was saying "Dude, people die from dehydration/ heat exhaustion in closed rooms in hot weather whether there are fans on or not" of being racist against Koreans?

Yep. Apparently laughing at people who believe in things like chemtrails or whatever is fine because they're white, but if you laugh at people who believe in fan death it's not because it's a ridiculous thing to believe, the only possible explanation is that you're a racist.

Previa_fun posted:

Where are you getting this from? Everything I've read about it (including from people defending it) has said it's literally about fans being left on killing people, nothing to do with suicide.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

It's actually not saying that, it's just written in a confusing way. They mean that after guns were banned in the UK the armed robbery rate increased by 40% and after guns were banned in Australia the armed robbery rate increased by 44%. Neither of those statistics is accurate and guns haven't been banned in either the UK or Australia.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Fatkraken posted:

Guns aren't banned in Britain, HANDGUNS are banned but you can still buy rifles and shotguns for hunting

Pretty sure the whole "50% of robberies happen when people are home" statistic is bullshit too, unless it's a semantics thing and they aren't including burglaries or some crap. Even if it is true, if someone nicks my telly while I'm asleep I'd rather know they are very unlikely to have a gun

Out of curiosity, what do such people propose is done if someone tests positive? I can think of three options, rehabilitation, prosecution or withdrawal of welfare. Rehab is expensive and benefits poors so I can't imagine they support that, but prosecution is also expensive and prisons cost a lot more than a welfare cheque. I can only assume that they just want to not give people anything if they are drug addicts, but in that case surely the broke addict is just going to break into people houses or rob convenience stores aren't they? Even if you literally hate all poor people, if a few tens of dollars a week stops a bunch of crime isn't it worth it?

I very much doubt they've even though past the stage "Hey, those people shouldn't be using our tax dollars just to pay for their drug addiction!"

But I imagine if they did, they would pick the prison option. We in America seem to have an unfortunate mentality of "justice comes first, no matter how much it costs", even when the justice isn't really justice at all, and ultimately weakens society.

Also, I didn't even see that the image was claiming that ALL GUNS were banned in the UK and and Aus. Christ, I can't believe anyone would post this image seriously.

Sheep Tester
May 11, 2013

piss explosion posted:

Yeah the Australian armed robbery figure sounds like it was pulled straight from someone's rear end. Australia also hasn't had a mass shooting in over 15 years since we banned semi-automatic weapons: http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/gun-deaths-in-rapid-decline-since-buyback/2006/12/13/1165685752421.html

The Australian statistic is garbage anyway because we never had significant numbers of guns employed for self/home defense.

The gun buyback got rid of hundreds of thousands of guns that people didn't want want, were afraid to admit to having and didn't know what to do with. These guns were being stolen and used in crimes.

It makes me laugh when police bust a bikie gang and find a handfull of old sawed off rifles and shotguns.

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!
The T-1000 of Nice Guys:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
:spergin:: I'll get my first girl an ipad
:frogc00l:: By that time it'll be ipad 7000000000000

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
Dude's on a one-way path to a Columbine/Sandy Hook incident. Yes, his status messages are pathetic, but he's clearly in need of help that he's not getting.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

piss explosion posted:

The T-1000 of Nice Guys:

That is thermonuclear Nice Guy TM happening there. "Why do hot girls only want to date guys they think are hot, when they could be dating me, a Nice Guy, instead?"

I don't know, figure it out, genius. Or ask out a girl who seems interested in you, maybe?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

AlbieQuirky posted:

That is thermonuclear Nice Guy TM happening there. "Why do hot girls only want to date guys they think are hot, when they could be dating me, a Nice Guy, instead?"

I don't know, figure it out, genius. Or ask out a girl who seems interested in you, maybe?

It could be he's depressed. Speaking from experience, when you're in a depressed funk it gets really hard to believe anyone might actually be interested in you. Even if you see all the signs, you'll tell yourself you're full of poo poo and justify it away.

That said I totally agree with nippythefish, kid's got problems and should probably get some help before he gets a girl.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

piss explosion posted:

The T-1000 of Nice Guys:

Moses finally grows balls.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Today in small town Iowa racism:

Than he posted this:

:ughh:

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Oh, the conflicting emotions. I finally have something to share but at the same time I know someone that posts MRA crap:

Nikaer Drekin has a new favorite as of 14:20 on May 14, 2013

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Sometimes out of malice and to hurt myself I go on the MRA subreddit and just read the comments. That got posted there the other day and I couldn't resist calling that poo poo out. Got like thirty downvotes. It's good to remind myself every now and then why I shouldn't go there

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
Be that girl. For the love of God, be that girl.

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Oh, the conflicting emotions. I finally have something to share but at the same time I know someone that posts MRA crap:

I like how he tries to end the debate - "Ok, good chatting."

I've lost this argument, how do I bow out gracefully? 'Great game, guys. Great game.' *claps*

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Nikaer Drekin posted:

The funny thing about false rape accusations. It's actually hilariously low(someone in the feminism thread did the numbers on a bunch of studies, and when you remember the fact actual rapes go severely under reported from both men and women, the final number was less than a percent), and on top of it, it even less so leads to conviction. It's hard enough to get a conviction for actual rape, let alone false rape. It's basically on the level of thinking women are popping out kids for an extra $120 a month in food stamps.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Friend liked this

Western Backstroke
Oct 19, 2008

Be Cool Like Carl

bpc908 posted:

Friend liked this

I don't know, but maybe Firefighter Guy would want to chime in?

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

:sigh: Whenever I think that my music teacher friend may be starting to learn something, she posts something like this to remind me otherwise.

hypersober
Mar 27, 2006
From a Facebook friend who's been going to the gym almost every night trying to lose weight:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Last I checked, ABC News was the "mainstream media", so tell me again how no one is talking about Gosnell :rolleyes:

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I had a friend post that "HEINEKEN SUPPORTS DOGFIGHTING" macro and I linked the club owner's clarification/apology and she just went "Oh good" and took it down immediately. FB idiocy averted.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

hypersober posted:

From a Facebook friend who's been going to the gym almost every night trying to lose weight:

I don't get it. Why as skinny as she is what?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Live breakdown going on right now at http://www.facebook.com/amysbakingco

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

That DICK! posted:

Live breakdown going on right now at http://www.facebook.com/amysbakingco

What is the backstory on this?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

They're saying that she should be fatter than she currently is. I'm guessing because she's walking, and only fatties ever do anything that resembles rest while at the gym.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

It sounds like they were stealing employee tips and now they're bitching at people because they got found out.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Gordon Ramsey was like "gently caress this poo poo nope" on Kitchen Nightmares.
Episode.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Apparently they were on Kitchen Nightmares and did something that reddit/the internet didn't like.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I assume she's asking why even go on the treadmill if you're already that skinny.

I assume the answer is to stay skinny and also because being skinny alone doesn't equal healthy.

It's like when my mother asks why I bother to buy lower fat milk or cream cheese when I'm already skinny. "I don't know, because I'd prefer to stay that way? Most people who are overweight were at one point a normal weight"

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
It seems very stupid even for Facebook. She is probably skinny because she has been on the treadmill.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Pew! Pew! posted:

Gordon Ramsey was like "gently caress this poo poo nope" on Kitchen Nightmares.
Episode.

Holy poo poo. These people are loving crazy. Entertaining, but crazy. I

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

They are reusing food they bought from Walmart/Kraft and passing it as their own, even so far as to use the ACTUAL photos from Walmart/Kraft and saying they took the shots. When reddit found out the owners lost their poo poo.

Good run down with the actual posts here:

http://eater.com/archives/2013/05/14/kitchen-nightmares-facebook-freakout.php

Flaggy has a new favorite as of 18:20 on May 14, 2013

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
The sad thing is, most of my posts will probably be from my own father. Here's his most reason gem:

Poor Palin. So misrepresented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypersober
Mar 27, 2006

Amused to Death posted:

I assume she's asking why even go on the treadmill if you're already that skinny.

I assume the answer is to stay skinny and also because being skinny alone doesn't equal healthy.

It's like when my mother asks why I bother to buy lower fat milk or cream cheese when I'm already skinny. "I don't know, because I'd prefer to stay that way? Most people who are overweight were at one point a normal weight"

Yeah, it's this.

• Locked thread