Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Declan MacManus posted:

It could be the producers just picking the worst story for some unknown reason.

This is where I would post a link to the bear park girl but I can't find it on the internet and it breaks my heart.

This is not that story but it is the girl being an awkward teen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFU1gYEsoW4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

escape artist posted:

It takes a special kind of weirdo to watch Jeopardy and think those things, and it takes an even specialer kind of weirdo to go on the loving internet and communicate those things.

But not a rare kind, as this happened to my friend Jen when she was on.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm irrationally angry at the fact that a guy who thinks a place called Alexanderplatz is in Canada is now a two day champion.

BleepBlip
Jul 22, 2003

"These kind of skills?"
How many 62 year old women is Alex voice-loving with this "Sexy" category? Methinks he's vying for the role of Christian Gray.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

koataylor posted:

How many 62 year old women is Alex voice-loving with this "Sexy" category? Methinks he's vying for the role of Christian Gray.

That drove me crazy. Mainly because he did it so slowly that it left unrevealed clues on the board. I hate when there are unrevealed clues on the board!

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

escape artist posted:

That drove me crazy. Mainly because he did it so slowly that it left unrevealed clues on the board. I hate when there are unrevealed clues on the board!

Yeah, I wanted to see all the clues in that 1988 music lyrics category.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

rockinricky posted:

Yeah, I wanted to see all the clues in that 1988 music lyrics category.

Me too. I hate how the most interesting/fun categories are left for last, and usually have a few clues left. In this case, 4 out of 5 of the clues were unrevealed!! Bullshit!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I like this old dude. He's ballsy, he's smart (really liked him going for the $400 questions at the end to protect his lead), he watches Sunny, and he looks like James Brolin

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Soothing Vapors posted:

I like this old dude. He's ballsy, he's smart (really liked him going for the $400 questions at the end to protect his lead), he watches Sunny, and he looks like James Brolin

Not a second of the episode was shown because of a Tornado 50 miles away. :mad: Hope someone J-Archives it.

Tell me about the It's Always Sunny thing.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Guy Fawkes?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

escape artist posted:

Not a second of the episode was shown because of a Tornado 50 miles away. :mad: Hope someone J-Archives it.

It was a question, it went something along the lines of "Danny devito disproves the idea of brotherly love in this tv show."

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

escape artist posted:

Well all he really did is get a question about Sunny right but, I mean, even that's pretty impressive for a sixty year old dude

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Why why why would you ever bet everything? That $1 is often the difference between that $1000.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

jojoinnit posted:

Why why why would you ever bet everything? That $1 is often the difference between that $1000.

I'm more pissed at the dude who lost $9,000 combined on the last DD and FJ. Could've had a cool $27k but finished with $18k.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
The real question is why he didn't literally bet everything on a Daily Double in the $800 value spot in DJ on a category about the planets. There are only eight of them, and Jeopardy only asks for a very few things about any of them! He may have had the two weakest competitors ever, or just great buzzer timing, because he is not impressive.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Just had an audition with Jeopardy last Wednesday. Did well enough on the online test to be asked to show up for the in person audition and interview, and I think I did well enough on it. Just showing up for the audition and filling out a form with all of your information is enough to be included in their prospective contestant pool.

Jeopardy is apparently currently in between seasons, and they won't be filming new episodes until late July/early August, so I won't know if I will be on the show for a while, but the producers/contestant search people said that if I don't hear from them by this time next year, then I should try again. They need 400 or so people for the season, and they said that they had done 2 days of auditions with 3 sessions each before the day I had mine, my session having had 16 people in it, so that's a little less than 150 people that I figure they added to the pool in New York, with people from my interview session coming from as far as Washington DC and Boston. Guessing at the number of other audition sites they have across the country, I think that's about a little less than 1000 people total in their contestant pool? That would put my chances at around 40% or so. Still, crossing my fingers that I actually am able to make it on the show and make some money.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 14, 2016

BleepBlip
Jul 22, 2003

"These kind of skills?"
Kinda wishing Paige had done better so she would've had more screen time and I could obsess about just how strange and awkward she was.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

koataylor posted:

Kinda wishing Paige had done better so she would've had more screen time and I could obsess about just how strange and awkward she was.

The one with the horrible speech impediment?

Man, I have never screamed at the Jeopardy screen before. But when they couldn't even guess first degree murder (or even second degree) on "killing while carjacking"... in the "degree" category... I was just like "KILLING DURING THE COMMISSION OF A FELONY IS 1ST DEGREE, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!"

The only category that was hard was the web music parody bullshit.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Definitely the worst episode in recent memory.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
NOBODY got Darwin? NEWTON? LOOK AT THE DATE YOU DUMMIES

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
To be fair, Thomas More is an even worse guess!

Edit: and by "to be fair" I mean "what the hell is wrong with these kids?"

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Colonial Air Force posted:

Definitely the worst episode in recent memory.

Yeah, it wasn't even laughably bad. It was... vicariously embarrassingly bad.

I'm 26, but I still haven't graduated college. I wonder if I am eligible to go on the College Tournament.

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

A horrific showing by all three contestants, with the possible exception of the "winner." So many triple stumpers and negs.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Oh my god these college kids. How does only one of them get Africa?

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

zakharov posted:

Another dud game. I haven't watched a College Tourney before; for those who are regular viewers, is the competition usually this weak?

BleepBlip
Jul 22, 2003

"These kind of skills?"
They even whiffed on some of the junk food questions. C'mon!!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Naga Warlord posted:

Another dud game. I haven't watched a College Tourney before; for those who are regular viewers, is the competition usually this weak?

No. It's like whoever seeded the tournament did it wrong and put all the terrible people together on two days.

Loligo
Nov 27, 2007

zakharov posted:

I told myself if I'd been that far ahead I would have written "Antarctica" and bet 0.

... no I wouldn't have.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

koataylor posted:

They even whiffed on some of the junk food questions. C'mon!!

To be fair, some of the places are regional and I'd never even heard of them, and I'm a filthy junk food loving slob.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The contestants in general have been so loving stupid the last couple weeks.

One of the episodes before the College tourney final Jeopardy was basically "name a country in the south pacific" (near the international date line).

One contestant picked Seychelles, which is literally I'm going to guess ONE HOUR in front of Greenwich, and about as far from the IDL as you can get, and the other answered Antilles, which ISN'T EVEN A GOD DAMNED COUNTRY and is also not even close to the date line.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Well after today's episode I'm not sure how any of these jokers are going to beat Nishanth. Good lord.

fuckyoubitch
Mar 30, 2010

by T. Finninho
Did anyone else love when the smug college kid with a red sweatshirt kept picking out of order and he gets the question wrong, goes back to same category and gets it wrong again?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Between Trebek rapping, Connery reference, and "pope selection", this is the hardest I've ever laughed at Jeopardy.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
That hip hop category was too funny for all the wrong reasons.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Tufts: "What are Yucatan and...uh...Baja California?"

Alex: "No, you dipshit."

Jreedy88
Jun 26, 2005
thirty4

jscolon2.0 posted:

Between Trebek rapping, Connery reference, and "pope selection", this is the hardest I've ever laughed at Jeopardy.

Lest ye forget "What is Tienanmen Sq?" as a date

The 47 Reagans
Mar 14, 2010
Well, that was the worst Final Jeopardy guess I've ever seen.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
That kid made some crazy movies that ended up working out for him. Also, Himmler was the best guess ever. :laffo:

If I had enough money where I wouldn't have to risk anything, I'd write something like who is "Paul F. Tompkins" or something like that.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

escape artist posted:

That kid made some crazy movies that ended up working out for him. Also, Himmler was the best guess ever. :laffo:

If I had enough money where I wouldn't have to risk anything, I'd write something like who is "Paul F. Tompkins" or something like that.

"Some guy in Normandy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

She actually guessed Himmer oh god my sides