Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.
I definitely notice a speed improvement on page rendering with Nitrous in Chrome and any in app browser. Of course this only applies to sites with JavaScript, but there are plenty of those.

For fun tests just run this with and without nitrous enabled in Chrome

http://www.webkit.org/perf/sunspider/sunspider.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

AmenoSei posted:

having Google Maps (or anything else that uses Location Services) open will drain the battery at something like 1% every 30-45 seconds with my iPhone 5.
That sounds broken. I see nothing close, not even 1/5th of that drain rate, on my 5 or my wife's 4s.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

randyest posted:

That sounds broken. I see nothing close, not even 1/5th of that drain rate, on my 5 or my wife's 4s.

That odd because I definitely see it on both my old 5 and my new out of box ones. I wish it didn't drain so fast but it definitely always has for me.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
I think it depends on what app is using it and how. I turn my services off when I'm home because ypically I don't need them, but if I keep them on, and use my phone as I would when they are off, I will kill the phone in about 1/3 of the time. YMMV

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
iOS Jailbreaking Thread: Your battery, much like time, is relative.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008
Are there any apps that can sort of move where Carrier, LTE, and my Bars are located? Conversely can you remove the time from the top bar?

Also the spacing between that logo and the reception bars are driving me nuts.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Got into a bike wreck yesterday and destroyed my old iPhone 4. Went and bought a brand new 5 from Best Buy and discovered its's running 6.0. I jailbroke it with no issues, but it's my understanding that I can't upgrade to 6.1 or 6.2 if I found a custom IPSW as they've stopped signing those. Truth?

lox
Apr 24, 2006

coffin party

suboptimal posted:

Got into a bike wreck yesterday and destroyed my old iPhone 4. Went and bought a brand new 5 from Best Buy and discovered its's running 6.0. I jailbroke it with no issues, but it's my understanding that I can't upgrade to 6.1 or 6.2 if I found a custom IPSW as they've stopped signing those. Truth?

Truth.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Are there any apps that can sort of move where Carrier, LTE, and my Bars are located? Conversely can you remove the time from the top bar?

Also the spacing between that logo and the reception bars are driving me nuts.

Regarding the clock, look for CleanStatus in Cydia if you want to remove it from the App Screen, and Clock Hide if you want to remove it from the Lock Screen.

dpkg chopra fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 16, 2013

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Regarding the clock, look for CleanStatus in Cydia if you want to remove it from the App Screen, and Clock Hide if you want to remove it from the Lock Screen.

Thanks!

Any reason this would happen?

It's odd, everything is working except time removal.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Try MakeItMine, instead. That'll let you remove or replace the text in the carrier and clock fields.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Thanks!

Any reason this would happen?

It's odd, everything is working except time removal.

Weird. Works fine for me. Maybe make sure you don't have any other tweak that fucks around with the status bar clock. I used to have issues with having some tweaks overwriting each other.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

1) Is there a way to get an equalizer that works for all applications, not just Music.app? Particularly, for Spotify.

2) Is there a way to prevent vibrate/alert tones on a single SMS conversation? I'm part of a big group with a lot of cross-talk and noise I don't need to concern myself with a lot of the time. I don't want texts in that conversation to disturb me with tones/vibrates but I still want them for all my other possible texts. Is this even possible yet?

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

Thirst Mutilator posted:

1) Is there a way to get an equalizer that works for all applications, not just Music.app? Particularly, for Spotify.

2) Is there a way to prevent vibrate/alert tones on a single SMS conversation? I'm part of a big group with a lot of cross-talk and noise I don't need to concern myself with a lot of the time. I don't want texts in that conversation to disturb me with tones/vibrates but I still want them for all my other possible texts. Is this even possible yet?

2. Get bitesms you have the ability with it. It's far superior to the standard messaging app anyways.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Is there a tweak to stop popups, or even just safari as a whole, from opening the App Store? It's frustrating getting yanked away from a page to the App Store trying to convince me to buy some loving candy game.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Vegastar posted:

Is there a tweak to stop popups, or even just safari as a whole, from opening the App Store? It's frustrating getting yanked away from a page to the App Store trying to convince me to buy some loving candy game.

OptimusMatrix posted:

2. Get bitesms you have the ability with it. It's far superior to the standard messaging app anyways.

I don't use it, but Abstergo is sweet for notifications as well and may fulfil your wants and needs. YMMV.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is there a tweek that will allow me to use Swype or T9? I want it to incorporate into the whole phone. I looked at TouchPal, but its only a program separate from everything else.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

obi_ant posted:

Is there a tweek that will allow me to use Swype or T9? I want it to incorporate into the whole phone. I looked at TouchPal, but its only a program separate from everything else.

No, it's a universal keyboard replacement in Cydia. Type in "Touchpal" in Search and actually hit the enter button/search - It's a Chinese (IIRC) program with a Chinese name in its listing so Cydia's auto-complete won't show it in the suggested auto completes like normal.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Stupidest question for a tweak ever, but does anyone know of something that will make the iPad make a noise when I swipe the screen anywhere? Or during a specific app I guess, I'd like to play around with my drawing apps having audio feedback because I really like how it feels on the 3DS despite having kind of a funky touch screen.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I made a .deb file of the newest update to DataDeposit (1.0.5), and is not available yet on Cydia. The latest on Cydia (1.0.3) was broken for me and uploads would just give me an error.

What was weird to me was that the dev said on twitter that he doesn't own a jailbroken iphone/ipad, so he provided an untested .ipa for the update that he wanted people to install with ifile (which does not work with ifunbox either).

Anyway, you can get it here.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but is there a way to export all my podcast files from an app like Downcast or stitcher to itunes/hd, and then reload em. Not wanting to lose 10gb+ of podcasts is keeping me from upgrading to ios6.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Thirst Mutilator posted:

No, it's a universal keyboard replacement in Cydia. Type in "Touchpal" in Search and actually hit the enter button/search - It's a Chinese (IIRC) program with a Chinese name in its listing so Cydia's auto-complete won't show it in the suggested auto completes like normal.

Would this allow me to create a Swype like function? Or am I basically SOL.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Would this allow me to create a Swype like function? Or am I basically SOL.

It's Swype for iPhone, yes.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Wow, FlatIcons is an amazing theme. Even has Awful already themed!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Wow, FlatIcons is an amazing theme. Even has Awful already themed!

Ummm can you screen that? Just curious. Sort of working on the future design direction of Awful right now and trying to be respectful to future styles.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

The Dave posted:

Ummm can you screen that? Just curious. Sort of working on the future design direction of Awful right now and trying to be respectful to future styles.
Some googling turns up this - http://www.flaticonsios.com/

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

The Dave posted:

http://i.imgur.com/JVdcczi.png

It's pretty much the same. Just fits better.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I see what ya mean, just reduced it to 3 colors.

Looks like slice doesn't want to play fair.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Has any one used the HapticPro that's in the Cydia store? Didn't want to drop $3 for something that sucked.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

The Dave posted:

I see what ya mean, just reduced it to 3 colors.

Looks like slice doesn't want to play fair.

Nope, it's on the list for requested apps though. I could probably do a really simple version and pop in into iFunBox, but, :effort:

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

obi_ant posted:

Has any one used the HapticPro that's in the Cydia store? Didn't want to drop $3 for something that sucked.

It's alright, wouldn't say it's worth $3 to be quite honest, but I do like the feedback from pressing buttons.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

MoPZiG posted:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but is there a way to export all my podcast files from an app like Downcast or stitcher to itunes/hd, and then reload em. Not wanting to lose 10gb+ of podcasts is keeping me from upgrading to ios6.

Never tried, but iFunBox should be able to navigate to wherever the podcasts are stored and copy them to your PC.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Not sure if anyone cares or uses the Xfinity app, but it appears that the Xcon app in Cydia now allows it to work on jailbroken devices. For a while there it wasn't working, but I installed it on a whim last night and it works perfectly now.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What was that tweek that allowed you to see that bottom icons sort of skewed? Sort of like it was twisted back or forward?

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
I haven't skinned my phone in years but drat, FlatIcons.
E: W/ hiding icon labels.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

I haven't skinned my phone in years but drat, FlatIcons.
E: W/ hiding icon labels.

Man that looks amazing!

It makes me really want to gun my current theme.

Is there a way to hide the dots that represent the number of pages you have? And that magnifying glass?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Is there a way to hide the dots that represent the number of pages you have? And that magnifying glass?

There is. I don't remember how I hid the magnifying glass. I think it might be because I have NoSpot installed.

For the dots, you can manually make a theme and then use Winterboard to apply it.

Actually, you know what? I just went ahead and made it. Download this, un-rar it, and then stick it in the Themes folder. Not sure how to get there in iFile, but with iFunBox, go to Raw File System > Library > Themes. You can drag the folder from your computer to the right pane. Then it should show up in Winterboard.

Enjoy!

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

There's also a tweak appropriately called "No Page Dots" that doesn't require winterboard.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Figures. :P

I actally used a theme that had about 7 different options, so that I could grab the base stuff, and make my own images. Since I like the dots, I didn't bother to look for a No Dots tweek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

There is. I don't remember how I hid the magnifying glass. I think it might be because I have NoSpot installed.

For the dots, you can manually make a theme and then use Winterboard to apply it.

Actually, you know what? I just went ahead and made it. Download this, un-rar it, and then stick it in the Themes folder. Not sure how to get there in iFile, but with iFunBox, go to Raw File System > Library > Themes. You can drag the folder from your computer to the right pane. Then it should show up in Winterboard.

Enjoy!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

There's also a tweak appropriately called "No Page Dots" that doesn't require winterboard.

Thank you both! I will try NPD first, then the Winterboard theme as I try to avoid Winterboard and stick to tweaks as it can mess with my main theme.

• Locked thread