Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

People get very upset when you call them out on quitting because you kicked their rear end.

Also, can you use qcb to cancel any of Sinestro's projectiles?

Nope no cancels for Sinestros normal or burned fear blast or impact event. :saddowns:

JohnnyBigPotatoes posted:

Ugh, pretty disappointed in the 'high level' players non embrace of this game. Art uses Sinestros b13 b13 instead of b13 b3.
WolfKrone doesn't even seem to know that boulders are blocked high.

Art doesn't really main Sinestro as far as I know and sometimes even though folks know they can block impact event with a standing block people will duck to avoid the fear blasts and then just eat a boulder instead. Doesn't mean the guy doesn't embrace Injustice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
My one worder is "fraud." They get pretty mad, then I avoid them and ignore them.

I've watched Art's stream on a few occasions and I don't think I've ever seen him play anyone else.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I reply to every hate mail I get with:

" ;) "

I find it just incenses people further and then I get more awesome hate mail.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Spacebump posted:

If you are going to send a message to someone for quitting the best thing you can send is "u mad?" That used to really make quitters angry in NBA Jam.

I find "lol qq" works well too.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Oops. Wrong thread.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Seymour Butts posted:

I've watched Art's stream on a few occasions and I don't think I've ever seen him play anyone else.

D'oh. I thought he mained Green Lantern? Well then, Art needs to learn some poo poo from Pig of the Hut!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Seymour Butts posted:

My one worder is "fraud." They get pretty mad, then I avoid them and ignore them.

Art plays Green Lantern mainly, with Sinestro and Aquaman on the side. He probably doesn't do b13 b3 because he doesn't want to drop it online. I'm sure he's aware it combos.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Art plays Green Lantern mainly, with Sinestro and Aquaman on the side. He probably doesn't do b13 b3 because he doesn't want to drop it online. I'm sure he's aware it combos.

I've usually whiffed the b3 when it matters. I only started to work on getting better with the b3 timing after b12 yesterday but I know online is why I wont do b3 without getting b1xxShackles or j2,22xxShackles first.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Interstellar Owl posted:

Not sure which your Gamer Tag was, but any tips?

I was gimea RUBDOWN, the Flash player. As Joey Aces aptly put it, "Play a lot of people." Doing a ton of 1v1s against better players is the best way to improve. Just do player matches, lots of people are looking for easy wins.

e: That is, do player matches if you can't find any goons to 1v1. Didn't mean to make it sound like you shouldn't seek to play people here if you're bad, that's probably the best thing to do.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 15, 2013

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
How am I still playing people online where it won't let me use Lobo?

Have these people seriously had the game on, in multiplayer mode, since Lobo came out?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Arturo Sanchez is back at the online player match grind: http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Arturo Sanchez is back at the online player match grind: http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

GGs dude. I wish you would stop switching characters though, I just wanna learn the superman matchup >:I

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Jmcrofts posted:

GGs dude. I wish you would stop switching characters though, I just wanna learn the superman matchup >:I

Sorry about that, I still like exploring options with various characters. Besides, I think you already have a decent grasp on the matchup and just how crappy it is when Superman gets space and meter.

I guess the only thing you need to know is that the mixup off 22 is either 223 for overhead or 22 XX df1 for low, with the low being like 4 frames faster but punishable on block and the 3 being safe.

Next time we play 1v1 I'll use Superman all you want.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 15, 2013

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

gannyGrabber posted:

My one-worders are 'embarrassing' or 'shameful', and if I have my keyboard control plugged in I send them a 'go home and be a family man'. I get lots of swear rants in return.

Does anybody have Raven experience? I played a few matches with her earlier and came out even. I find her db2 is hard to hit with, but I suppose that's because it's way better than the df2.

I figure her strategy is something along the lines of defensive zoning play, and then a shift into offense when your trait is up? She's basically just like P4A's Aegis. I should play her more often.

Currently maining Raven. I suck though. f222 xxdb2 is her go to combo. If you meter burn it, they are going to bounvce high enough that you can do a j1 or 2, can't remember which, into f222 again. What I usually do is MB the grab then follow up with a df2 to catch them before they hit. db2 should be your reflex whenever someone jumps or you upper cut them.

Her real danger is in using her trait, something I neglected because activating it gets your rear end kicked. A kind good then informed me that you can activate it in the air!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Soonmot posted:

Currently maining Raven. I suck though. f222 xxdb2 is her go to combo. If you meter burn it, they are going to bounvce high enough that you can do a j1 or 2, can't remember which, into f222 again. What I usually do is MB the grab then follow up with a df2 to catch them before they hit. db2 should be your reflex whenever someone jumps or you upper cut them.

Off f222 XX db2~MB you get:

1 meter: f222 XX db2~MB (slight pause or slight step forward) b3 j3 f222 XX df2
2 meters: f222 XX db2~MB b3 j3 f222 XX df2~MB f222 XX df2

You can also opt to end with db2 or just with f2233 but I don't remember if the latter is rollable. You can also start with that double low string of hers, what is it, b12?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Yeah, it's b12, ending your combos with db2 and not df2 gives you slightly more damage. It's also a pain in the rear end to f222 after j3, at least online, so I prefer j2.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I *think* I was having trouble connecting with the b3s.

What do you guys do when your opponent figures out that he can totally negate you by down blocking?

BTW: Any 360 goons going to be on in about an hour?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Soonmot posted:

What do you guys do when your opponent figures out that he can totally negate you by down blocking?

Overheads and jump-ins.

And I'll be on in about that time.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

If you were having trouble with b3 after f222 XX db2~MB, take a tiny step forward before doing the b3.

In Raven's case, the only overhead she gets a combo off of is f3, so you can try for that, or you can back off, activate trait, and throw pillars out to make them move. If they mistime their movement, you can do traited up db2~MB into combo. If they try to respond with projectiles, you can go for traited db2 and hope that it trades in such a way that they still get pulled in and stuck in the struggling animation, in which case you can complete the combo, too.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

AndyElusive posted:

Overheads and jump-ins.

And I'll be on in about that time.

Don't forget grabs! :flashfact:

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Soonmot posted:

J1 into 223, 223 is Raven's main up close string that is + on block, they have to do something about it or sit there taking it all day. Depending on what they do you counter it, if they start backdashing the 3 you stop at 22 and soulcrush, if they start trying to poke out of it you counterpoke them with a d1 or MBb3, if they keep blocking it you throw them, their only real way out is to pushblock, Joker, Batman and Killer Frost can parry the 3 but that just means you have to bait out the parry. Depending on matchup/distance F3 works as an overhead, MB F3 is good too, there's also the FF bounce cancel off of b12.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Alex Valle appears to be taking Flash back into practice and working on his combos: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive
TeamhAZmat from Arizona are running sets: http://www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat
James Chen is playing online while talking about old man things like his wistful reminiscence of old school SF2: http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv
And of course, Arturo is still going strong on his stream (which I linked a little earlier).

Edit: Oh hey, the TeamhAZmat stream even has a Raven on right now, how apropos.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 15, 2013

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Alex Valle appears to be taking Flash back into practice and working on his combos: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive
TeamhAZmat from Arizona are running sets: http://www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat
James Chen is playing online while talking about old man things like his wistful reminiscence of old school SF2: http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv
And of course, Arturo is still going strong on his stream (which I linked a little earlier).

Edit: Oh hey, the TeamhAZmat stream even has a Raven on right now, how apropos.

Scene transitions do less damage when part of a combo?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Soonmot posted:

Scene transitions do less damage when part of a combo?

I assume they scale like everything else.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Stage transitions scale like everything else in the game, so yes, the further along in a combo the less damage they will do.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Jmcrofts posted:

I assume they scale like everything else.

I think they might scale kind of extremely.

Earlier in Arturo's stream somebody comboed into a transition and ended up with 18 hits for 21%. That seems like less damage than a stage transition with no lead up combo does.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I didn't know that. I just watched on the stream where Raven beat the poo poo out of Deathstroked, popped him up into a b3 with about 10% health left and the scene transition did almost no damage.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Stage transitions are also unclashable so you can use them to guarantee a death.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I think they might scale kind of extremely.

Earlier in Arturo's stream somebody comboed into a transition and ended up with 18 hits for 21%. That seems like less damage than a stage transition with no lead up combo does.

Eh, depends on what you're doing, some moves eg: frost pipe in Arkham stage will scale the rest of the combo deeply. I can do a standard Raven combo in the corner and end a bit early into stage transition and get 45% out of it instead of the 30ish it would normally do. Unless you meant 21% ontop of whatever they were already doing.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 15, 2013

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

WarEternal posted:

Eh, depends on what you're doing, some moves eg: frost pipe in Arkham stage will scale the rest of the combo deeply. I can do a sta8ndard Raven combo in the corner and end a bit early into stage transition and get 45% out of it instead of the 30ish it would normally do. Unless you meant 21% ontop of whatever they were already doing.

No, it was 21% period. I was thinking it was crazy.

I'm pretty sure it did use the frost pipe pretty early on, so that might be it.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
Don't Sinestro shackles scale the poo poo out of combos too, or is it not all that bad?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

sentrygun posted:

Don't Sinestro shackles scale the poo poo out of combos too, or is it not all that bad?

Yeah shackles scales stuff a bit harder than other moves.

Example

b13, b3, j3, b12, shackles, j2, b213 does 34%
b3, j3, b12, shackles, j2, b213 does 34%

Its literally the same combo minus the startup of b13 and it does the same damage, I think shackles scaling at the end of it is probably the culprit.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I am having issues with Deathstroke I don't think Raven's projectile warp counters his machine gun.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
Pretty sure Raven's reflect only works on high projectiles, and it's already hard enough to suck up all the shots on Quick Fire. It probably wouldn't last long enough to eat Machine Gun even if it did work against it.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
There's a pretty impressive Harley right now on nycfurby's stream.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

JackDarko posted:

There's a pretty impressive Harley right now on nycfurby's stream.

Was just about to post about that. A good Harley is among the most entertaining characters to watch.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

So, earlier people were asking about Wonder Woman's Sword and Shield stance and what you can get out of it midscreen. I mentioned that you can cancel from certain normals or strings into her Trait Switch and then link into Lasso Spin (db3). What hadn't occurred to me until I was dicking around in practice just now was that you can also link into her MB Tiara (bf2~MB), and it turns out it's quite a bit easier to do so, at least in my opinion. It lets you do very practical 1 meter combos off SnS 11 (fast high), 22 (slowish mid), and b2 (deceptively fast low). You'd do something like 22~4 (Lasso stance) bf2~MB b113 23 b3 j3 b113 XX Lasso Grab (df1).

It also lets you do stupid things like this:

SnS stance [22 XX bf2~MB]x3 22~4 (Lasso stance) bf2~MB b113 23 b3 j3 b113 XX df1 for 55%, wasteful of meter but it's funny so whatever.

Edit: This was most likely all common knowledge before, but I thought I'd throw it out there for the folks here interested in WW who may not have realized it worked.

Edit 2: The showoff combo seems to whiff on the smallest characters (at least Catwoman) because sometimes the stagger from 22 makes the bf2 shield miss and sometimes it doesn't.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 15, 2013

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

PantsBandit posted:

Was just about to post about that. A good Harley is among the most entertaining characters to watch.

This is seriously amazing. First time I've seen a Harley of this caliber.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

From the Injustice Facebook page.

Eat it, nerds. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stupid recolored edition. :mad:

• Locked thread