Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Holy poo poo THANK YOU avatar fairy! Seriously you're the bestest! :haw:

quote:

I wonder if Tom will go back to Annie in the next update. :V

Oh crap I didn't even consider that possibility... surely even Tom couldn't be so evil!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
You'll eat those words when Tom finally reveals the glorious secret history of Boxbot.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Anoia posted:

You'll eat those words when Tom finally reveals the glorious secret history of Boxbot.

Puppetmaster. Just look at those arms.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I was gonna post a big jerky "Hah, CALLED IT!" post about Paz, but then I looked up my quote and it's not exactly a smoking gun:

Fruits of the sea posted:

Well if it isn't a robot, it might be somebody who needs help from a discreet robot to write a letter. Both Paz and Gamma don't speak english as their first language so it could be either of them. Or even a certain armless bird-boy, although I think that plot thread was wrapped up permanently.

So yeah, totally tentatively suggested that plot twist :shepface:

Anyways,

M.c.P posted:

It doesn't discount good old teenaged confusion though, and its been shown that Kat's been bothered by it for a long time afterwards. And Kat's own insecurities could definitely be associated with the person who brought those insecurities to the forefront.

Which is why I'm mostly worried Kat's going to do something rash, mean, and stupid. Come on Kat, its got a cuboid heart and everything! Just don't lash out at anyone, okay? :unsmith:

Tom's drawing both Kat and Paz in a pretty mature way. It also feels like the cast is growing up and settling into their new roles in this story arc. I think things are going to work out ok :unsmith:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
They're all 13, right? (by all I mean the kids in the same class as Annie and Kat)

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

SHISHKABOB posted:

They're all 13, right? (by all I mean the kids in the same class as Annie and Kat)

13 or 14, yeah.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Bobby has the code of a poet, so I bet it's him.

I'm curious as to whether or not Kat will follow the Court's handbook on handling unwanted romantic interest from robots.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Perhaps Kat suspects the letter is a prank at her expense, and is going to confront Paz about the rumours on her sexuality. Certainly that seems to have been on her mind when it came up before.

I mean, maybe this whole thing is more innocent than that, but this arc doesn't strike me as a sweet tale of puppy love.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Anoia posted:

It will be revealed through a repeat of the history of Jones that Boxbot was there the whole time, just offpanel, being terrible.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Gnome de plume posted:

It will be revealed through a repeat of the history of Jones that Boxbot was there the whole time, just offpanel, being terrible.

And just behind her and out of view, Robox, being swell.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Maybe Kat is just stopping a moment to say hi to her pal Paz on her way to speak with the Weather Mantisbot about his letter.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

There's so many twist to where this can go, but the REAL twist is gona be when Kat and Paz start smooching within the next three pages.

"Wow," says everyone "that was like the one thing I didn't guess."

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Whitenoise Poster posted:

There's so many twist to where this can go, but the REAL twist is gona be when Kat and Paz start smooching within the next three pages.

"Wow," says everyone "that was like the one thing I didn't guess."

So it's gonna jump back to Annie and company Wednesday, then Friday cut to Kat and Paz smooching with no explanation?

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Anoia posted:

So it's gonna jump back to Annie and company Wednesday, then Friday cut to Kat and Paz smooching with no explanation?

Nah, at the cut back it'll probably be Kat and Paz in the same relative positions, only Kat is now walking away and we won't be able to see either of their faces that might imply what just happened. The letter will never be referenced again and Kat and Paz will never speak of it.

...at least until a year from now when Kat suddenly says BOY PAZ THAT SURE WAS SOME GOOD SMOOCHING WE DID A WHILE AGO WE SHOULD DO THAT SOME MORE.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Zenzirouj posted:

Nah, at the cut back it'll probably be Kat and Paz in the same relative positions, only Kat is now walking away and we won't be able to see either of their faces that might imply what just happened. The letter will never be referenced again and Kat and Paz will never speak of it.

...at least until a year from now when Kat suddenly says BOY PAZ THAT SURE WAS SOME GOOD SMOOCHING WE DID A WHILE AGO WE SHOULD DO THAT SOME MORE.

Kat is just going to check if Paz has any further leads about the cursed teapot.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
She'll remove her mask and we'll find out that Paz had been the cursed teapot this entire time!

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Then Kat and the teapot will start smooching.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Looks like whoever called Bobby was on the money.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Bobby with rats on his arms is incredibly cute.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

cptn_dr posted:

Looks like whoever called Bobby was on the money.

Unless it's a DOUBLE FAKE OUT :ohdear:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Begemot posted:

Unless it's a DOUBLE FAKE OUT :ohdear:
Kat tries to ask Bobby why Sir Eglamore sent the letter, but Bobby is confused by Kat's inability to describe him.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Paracelsus posted:

Kat tries to ask Bobby why Sir Eglamore sent the letter, but Bobby is confused by Kat's inability to describe him.

And somewhere, ChibiSoma feels a flash of rage.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Paz's eye at the letter... I think Paz might've gotten Bobby to print it.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Or maybe she thinks Kat is delivering a love letter to Bobby.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I don't know why she'd jump to love letter if she didn't know about the first one though.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
It's pink. Thus, 100% certifiably a love letter.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MikeJF posted:

Paz's eye at the letter... I think Paz might've gotten Bobby to print it.

That, or she saw him "write" it and knows where this is going.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
The only way this page could be crueller is if it had the chapter end symbol on it.

Rasselas
Oct 26, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT FUCKIN' TRANNIES HARASSING GLORIOUS UNIMPEACHABLE WEBCOMIC ARTIST TOM SIDDELL WITH THEIR FALSE CLAIMS TO VICTIMHOOD, THE CODDLED FUCKS! STIFF UPPER LIP! I'M A TREMENDOUS JACKASS WHO CAN'T FATHOM ANYTHING OUTSIDE MY BUBBLE! TUMBLRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
It was a letter from Paz, just written by Bobby. Why would it be anything but Paz? The two of them had that shy, insecure moment together, which is not uncharacteristic of kids being unable to admit they're something other than straight. Kat also tried really hard to appear girly and straight afterward, which is a clear example of denial. From everything we've seen so far, I think the story is progressing naturally to something developing between Kat and Paz. I think it is done in a lovely, charming way. Kids do silly things while figuring out attraction, and Tom has done a good job portraying this.

Just wait when I'm proven totally wrong on Friday. Ahhh.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Rasselas posted:

It was a letter from Paz, just written by Bobby. Why would it be anything but Paz? The two of them had that shy, insecure moment together, which is not uncharacteristic of kids being unable to admit they're something other than straight. Kat also tried really hard to appear girly and straight afterward, which is a clear example of denial. From everything we've seen so far, I think the story is progressing naturally to something developing between Kat and Paz. I think it is done in a lovely, charming way. Kids do silly things while figuring out attraction, and Tom has done a good job portraying this.

Just wait when I'm proven totally wrong on Friday. Ahhh.

Counterpoint - Kat is a robot angel.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Regardless of what really happens I suspect it will lead to some form of fandom shitfest and I intend to not read any comments about the comic outside of SA.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
As a slight derail from robot chat.

Does anyone else keep thinking that the big black bird we saw in the "city face" arcs might have a bit more to do with the story at some point? Maybe it is just me but I thought that, what with Tom drawing a bit of inspiration for naming conventions from Native Americans, we could be seeing Raven making an appearance in the court, possibly as a thing to combat(not actually fight but act as an opposing player to) Coyote on relatively even terms?

Of course I am spinning all of this out of a thing that has about 6 words of dialogue and appears solely in a "break time" cartoon, but I still think it might be interesting.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

DekeThornton posted:

Regardless of what really happens I suspect it will lead to some form of fandom shitfest and I intend to not read any comments about the comic outside of SA.

I'unno, I'm kinda enjoying watching the Tumblrites flail around over this and the last update. But you're probably right about the impending shitfest.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rasselas posted:

Why would it be anything but Paz?

Because they don't have that much chemistry? They've only interacted twice in the story: once for City Face the baby pigeon, and once when Kat tried to cheer up Paz and it just got awkward.

Kat has crushes on Eglamore, Batman, and Fox Mulder; and she flirted with Alistair before he turned into a bird, and with Jack before he got Zimmied. Also look at the first panel here. Obviously she's totally a lesbian.

Paz completely crushed on Matt, and his pining for another girl (who is a goddess) is what broke her heart and caused Kat to try to cheer her up. So, totally a lesbian too.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

"Hey Bobby, stop teaching the mice to write OK?" Also Kat only has eyes for Boxbot.

Where should I go to find some good GC fanart? I don't use tumblr too much but is it an OK place for that? I try to avoid deviantart if I can.

vvv thanks mate! vvv

Rasamune posted:

Try https://fyeahgunnerkrigg.tumblr.com. It aggregates all the Gunnerkrigg fanart that gets posted to tumblr.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 15, 2013

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think it's probably Bobby writing some weird robot angel related letter.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Maybe she'll just ask Bobby about it, see if he knows who could've sent it. More likely it'll cut back to Annie and we'll have a weekend to fester over this.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Blackheart posted:

"Hey Bobby, stop teaching the mice to write OK?" Also Kat only has eyes for Boxbot.

Where should I go to find some good GC fanart? I don't use tumblr too much but is it an OK place for that? I try to avoid deviantart if I can.

Try https://fyeahgunnerkrigg.tumblr.com. It aggregates all the Gunnerkrigg fanart that gets posted to tumblr.

E: \/ This will be the big mystery that is solved this chapter — what Bobby looks like from the waist down!!

Rasamune fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 15, 2013

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Can Bobby even... not be around? Does he even have legs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Rasamune posted:

E: \/ This will be the big mystery that is solved this chapter — what Bobby looks like from the waist down!!

Calling it, Bobby is a merbot.