Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Seriously, why does anybody want Jason Todd Red Hood in the game?

Why does anybody like that character at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

They're probably the same people that really like Anakin Skywalker and Shadow the Hedgehog.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I'm kinda intrigued by the idea of a deathsroke/nightwing hybrid character. Other than that I guess cause of that animated movie? Hell if I know.

Edit: Note my only exposure to the character is the animated movie.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I just hope this means we won't get the other Red Hood as a character.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Liar Lyre posted:

From the Injustice Facebook page.

Eat it, nerds. :getin:

I want him to be wearing the hood, not the Joker in a flashy black tux.

:negative:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I misunderstood. I thought you were showing it as it implying that Red Hood would be a character.

I just looked at the actual post on Facebook.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Liar Lyre posted:

From the Injustice Facebook page.

Eat it, nerds. :getin:
Eat what? I don't get it. I never got the hype about Todd Red Hood.

I'm really enjoying watching that nycfurby kid's stream since he's wrecking people with Harley while mockingly talking about what a poo poo character she is. I'd like to see him do it with Luthor or Bane next.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Hazo posted:

Eat what? I don't get it. I never got the hype about Todd Red Hood.

The Facebook post is teasing a Red Hood Joker skin, which would, hopefully, mean Jason Todd won't be put in.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

The Facebook post is teasing a Red Hood Joker skin, which would, hopefully, mean Jason Todd won't be put in.
Oh wow, I got the Killing Joke reference but I completely misinterpreted the message. Yeah, a Red Hood Joker alt would be fun, but with Dick and Damien already in the game it seems like Jason would be useless.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Alright, so anyone who was watching Arturo's stream earlier probably saw that Harley going crazy with the offense and winning a bunch of matches. Two of the things I noticed he was doing that are really smart both involve changing the ending of her BnB to provide different mixup opportunities into the next combo. Generally, the optimal ender damage-wise post b3 is:

j2 j2 12 XX Play Doctor (MB if you want the extra 7-8% poison)

The two alternate enders the Harley player on stream was mixing in were:

j3 112 XX Silly Slide (bf3)
j2 slight step forward 33

Both 112 and 33 do not allow the opponent to roll. 112 XX bf3 leaves Harley right on top of them and with time to act before they get up. 33 leaves them knocked down at a range where a forward jump j2 is fairly ambiguous. Jumping without moving at all lands in front of the opponent (tested on Superman, so far) and walking a step or two forward and then jumping will go behind.

Here's a damage and situation comparison of the three BnB variations off the b22 XX db3~1 b3 starter:

j2 j2 12 XX Play Doctor - 39%, opponent forced standing at close to max db3 range
j3 112 XX bf3 - 38%, opponent untechable knockdown, Harley next to opponent
j2 33 - 36%, opponent untechable knockdown, Harley at range for ambiguous j2 crossup shenanigans

As you can see, they're all comparable damage and they all lead to different potential mixups that can go into one of the three enders again. Having all three in your pocket and switching between them to keep the opponent guessing what you'll do with your pressure next seems like a valuable tool for a character like Harley who gets great damage meterless already and really wants to keep that pressure rolling.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

sentrygun posted:

Pretty sure Raven's reflect only works on high projectiles, and it's already hard enough to suck up all the shots on Quick Fire. It probably wouldn't last long enough to eat Machine Gun even if it did work against it.

It eats the entirety of machine gun as long as you time it right, but using your projectile absorb against Deathstroke has to be entirely anticipatory and this isn't very likely to end up in your favor, ever, it works against all of Deathstroke's non-MB guns though, you can't MB absorb though because as soon as you do you stop absorbing projectiles and unless you do it at the very last active frame of the guns (basically impossible, you can do it but the timing is stupid) you'll get hit out of it. Machine gun is literally Deathstroke's least frightening option vs Raven, just block it and soul crush punish, I think it even does the least amount of chip. As Raven, if you're far vs. Deathstroke, blocking low will allow you to soul crush everything he does (blocking machine gun at all gets you a soul crush punish, ducking mid pistols gets you a soul crush punish) except for low gun which you get a free dash in if you block.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 15, 2013

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Alright so, been enjoying Doomsday but he seems very simple (what I wanted) is he a character that can be mained with and is valid as I get higher in skill or should I start looking for some other characters?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Interstellar Owl posted:

Alright so, been enjoying Doomsday but he seems very simple (what I wanted) is he a character that can be mained with and is valid as I get higher in skill or should I start looking for some other characters?

Any character is valid as long as you can get wins with them and Doomsday never really stops being scary. People will start to know how to counter your mb air dive but other than that the game doesn't really change that much for Doomsday players.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Here he is, the Red Hood.

More reveals tomorrow according to Facebook

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Well I wasn't going to buy the Joker pack because gently caress three costumes for the same guy, but that costume is so sweet it makes me want to play as the Joker.

Is there any good Joker tutorials? He seems really fun to play well.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
That man is wearing a bucket on his head.

Hopefully tomorrow will give us more Batgirl PR.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Blast Fantasto posted:

Well I wasn't going to buy the Joker pack because gently caress three costumes for the same guy, but that costume is so sweet it makes me want to play as the Joker.

Is there any good Joker tutorials? He seems really fun to play well.

As someone who tried to learn him, you won't find too many good resources. He just doesn't have the same options. It seemed to always devolve into throwing gas, or short combos into acid. The amount of work to get into a 20% combo seemed really off in comparison to the rest of the cast.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Joker is all about timing unblockable mix-ups using joker teeth. It's really all he has going for him.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

JackDarko posted:

There's a pretty impressive Harley right now on nycfurby's stream.

I think found the set of matches:

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/403712168

Around 18:15 of the stream. Did not realize Harley's b2 can hit confirm into Tantrum Stance. That will be a lot safer option for me than just trying to hit raw Tantrum.

EDIT: I guess I should try to be more aggressive with Harley than the constant zoning I try to do.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 15, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I won't be so sure, after all Boon's little poll did specify that it was Todd's version of the character. Regarding adding Todd like a playable character, every rationalization made for adding any characters character can be used: he would made an interesting addition, NRS can made different enough for the others bat-characters, etc.

If you're talking about characterization itself, Todd is the poster boy on the batbooks of a zero tolerance stand making him perfect for the setting and that's only using the animated depiction since in the comics he has grown as character and at one point he was the closer ally of Bruce. Plus you know, the fans got to bash Joker's brains in with Todd and those who can't stand him can reprise his death with the Joker :haw:

That being said, the Killing Joke pack is a must buy :allears:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Holy spellchecker, Batman!

I ran into a really good Harley myself the other day, actually lost a match to her! (It was the same one that was stomping Gasti)

Seems the best way to defend against Harley is to block low, a lot of her damage comes from tantrum stance. Or stay in the air, her AA is pretty bad.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

Holy spellchecker, Batman!

I ran into a really good Harley myself the other day, actually lost a match to her! (It was the same one that was stomping Gasti)

Seems the best way to defend against Harley is to block low, a lot of her damage comes from tantrum stance. Or stay in the air, her AA is pretty bad.

Oh god, yes. That b2 into tantrum stance will haunt me forver. :eng99:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Apparently, Batgirl is gonna be available next week going by Boon's twitter

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/334691283400544257

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Jesus. They must want to get the first wave of DLC out by EVO.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
That is the best news I have ever heard. So excited!

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Liar Lyre posted:

Jesus. They must want to get the first wave of DLC out by EVO.

Yeah they waited too long when MK first came out and all DLC was banned for EVO.

The probably want them at EVO to showcase/advertise them.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I hope she is. I want to get into a character other than Grundy and I think I'd like how she plays from that teaser, although that isn't much to go on.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Excellent, now heres hoping she fits my playstyle cause the trailer was cool :unsmith:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That's cool but I'm mostly glad this means the next patch is out in a week.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

AndyElusive posted:

That's cool but I'm mostly glad this means the next patch is out in a week.

Yeah while I don't have any concrete info to confirm this, I am fairly sure this is the patch where we will see some actual balance tweaks.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

On the one hand, I don't want to buy a season pass with two unannounced characters. On the other hand, discounted Batgirl. Decisions. :ohdear:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah while I don't have any concrete info to confirm this, I am fairly sure this is the patch where we will see some actual balance tweaks.

Me neither since tweets don't really constitute as concrete, but then again even if this is from Boon we're getting pretty excited about a tweet on a new DLC next week. While I think the tweet about the patch came from someone on the NRS team (I don't recall who though).

Krad posted:

On the one hand, I don't want to buy a season pass with two unannounced characters. On the other hand, discounted Batgirl. Decisions. :ohdear:

Look at it this way. Are you going to still be playing Injustice for at least two more months? Will you hate reading everyone talk about DLC characters for a few days to a week after release? Will you grimace knowing your character select is missing a few slots?

If so, then there's no reason to not foot the MP for the season pass. Even of it means you'll be dicking around with Scorpion soon.

Edit. Sorry. Posting from my iPhone.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 15, 2013

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
Also the two remaining characters have been pulled from the Season Pass data so we already know who they are anyways.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

sentrygun posted:

Also the two remaining characters have been pulled from the Season Pass data so we already know who they are anyways.

Supposedly. Remember when MK9 had a Fujin sound file and then we got Freddy Kreuger instead?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

For the second season pass Boon should wait for tons of people to prepay and then announce that the four characters will be Jason Robin/Jason Red Hood/Jason Hush/Jason Voorhees.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Jason's the gritty (often whining) anti-hero of the Bat family. As someone said, he's the Shadow equivalent of the Bat family. The problem is that Shadow has been given some decentish character development, while Jason is basically how he was as Robin just aged up to an adult (whiny, a bit of an rear end in a top hat, arrogant) and reminding everyone he died once and they should feel bad for Jason turning out like he did because it's their fault or something like that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AradoBalanga posted:

Jason's the gritty (often whining) anti-hero of the Bat family. As someone said, he's the Shadow equivalent of the Bat family. The problem is that Shadow has been given some decentish character development, while Jason is basically how he was as Robin just aged up to an adult (whiny, a bit of an rear end in a top hat, arrogant) and reminding everyone he died once and they should feel bad for Jason turning out like he did because it's their fault or something like that.

You obviously haven't read Red Hood & The Outlaws, do you? Jason is nothing like that in the comics. Is how Morrison's depicted him though, but that was an awful, awful story.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

You obviously haven't read Red Hood & The Outlaws, do you? Jason is nothing like that in the comics. Is how Morrison's depicted him though, but that was an awful, awful story.
I'll confess I have not really read into the New 52, and all I hear about Red Hood & the Outlaws is (aside from the whole Starfire debacle) "Why the gently caress was Jason Todd given a spotlight title?" or something along those lines. I'm assuming he's better now or has been turned into something less annoying than he was pre-Flashpoint, correct?

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

I thought the Joker killed this person decades ago. What soap opera schlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

AradoBalanga posted:

I'll confess I have not really read into the New 52, and all I hear about Red Hood & the Outlaws is (aside from the whole Starfire debacle) "Why the gently caress was Jason Todd given a spotlight title?" or something along those lines. I'm assuming he's better now or has been turned into something less annoying than he was pre-Flashpoint, correct?

That's right, for a while he was the more emotionally stable 'son' of Bruce. If you wanna see him like a really developed character you just need to read issue 17 and 18 of the series. Easily, the best thing written with him.

Of course, DC shat on everything just to cause grief to Bruce so I suppose that your point stands :smith:

• Locked thread