Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

at this point it's pretty much impossible they'll do ports for the older PS2 games right?

Uh, no? I have absolutely no clue how you came to that conclusion, but really there's every possible chance for Nocturne in particular to get ported to the Vita or something, especially if SMT4 does well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

Uh, no? I have absolutely no clue how you came to that conclusion, but really there's every possible chance for Nocturne in particular to get ported to the Vita or something, especially if SMT4 does well.

They've definitely had a chance to announce something, or even hint at it a tiny bit.

I forgot on top of the remakes: Persona 3 and 4 got a shared fighting game, P4 got an anime, Devil Survivor 2 got an anime. All the Persona games were redone for PSP. I just figured if they were going to redo something else from the PS2 they would have done it by now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
You know so many remakes and ports are starting to sour me up a little. Before Atlus hit it big with P3 there were only announcements for new titles :sigh:

A Nocturne port it would be pretty sweet though :v:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

So they remade Persona 3 twice, Persona 4 once, some of the DS games are getting 3DS ports... at this point it's pretty much impossible they'll do ports for the older PS2 games right? I wanna play Nocturne on PCSX2 but there are some weird glitches with that game specifically on it. Nothing gamebreaking I think, just graphical stuff looking wrong.

Edit: Also savestates make some of the cheaper deaths less annoying :v:

I'd love too see a Nocturne update on Vita. Odds of that happening seem slim.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

If anything we might get a trimmed down version for the 3DS or something, since it seems Atlus wants the main series to be nintendo focused now.

Which is a shame since P4G looked amazing on the vita and I'd love to play Nocturne on the go in HD.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

You know so many remakes and ports are starting to sour me up a little. Before Atlus hit it big with P3 there were only announcements for new titles :sigh:

Man, they've ported the original SMT games to multiple systems. This ain't nothing new. We also got Nocturne Maniax before Persona 3 and FES was out in Japan before the US release of P3 even hit.

Meanwhile, since P3 came out, we've also gotten Strange Journey, Devil Survivor, Devil Survivor 2, Devil Summoner 2, SMT4, and Persona 4, not counting the remakes or ports.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 08:11 on May 13, 2013

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"
I honestly wouldn't mind some modernized remakes of SMT I or II, though I'm not counting on that.

I also wouldn't mind another Raidou game. Developed by platinum. I'm not holding my breath for that one either.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Snix posted:

I also wouldn't mind another Raidou game. Developed by platinum. I'm not holding my breath for that one either.

:stare:

I just wanted another Raidou game, but developed by Platinum? I... I don't think I could contain myself if that ever happened.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
So would Raidou say anything beyond combat grunts or would Gouto be his voice?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

A Bystander posted:

So would Raidou say anything beyond combat grunts or would Gouto be his voice?

He'd start talking midway through the game and it'd turn out that for that chapter you are playing as Raido.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

He'd start talking midway through the game and it'd turn out that for that chapter you are playing as Raido.

Day 1 purchase. But really, a game that expands on Raidou's combat system would be fantastic.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

A Bystander posted:

Day 1 purchase. But really, a game that expands on Raidou's combat system would be fantastic.

I got near the end of the first game and just couldn't take it anymore. The common good thread in both Nocturne and P3/P4 was the fusion and when you effectively remove that every other fault just shines brighter. It was like a less fun version of Parasite Eve where the entire game was the combat system. You cannot do a SMT game with poo poo fusion.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Norns posted:

I'd love too see a Nocturne update on Vita. Odds of that happening seem slim.

I do wish we got the limited edition that came with Devil Summoner 2 in Japan. Dante is replaced with Raidou in it but they also added in the demons from Devil Summoner and Digital Devil Saga that aren't in the vanilla/Maniax Nocturne releases. Dante owns but it would be cool to see that version on the Vita or 3DS.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
While everybody is voicing their hypothetical pipedream games I will throw one out: Persona 5. There. I said it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Neo Rasa posted:

I do wish we got the limited edition that came with Devil Summoner 2 in Japan. Dante is replaced with Raidou in it but they also added in the demons from Devil Summoner and Digital Devil Saga that aren't in the vanilla/Maniax Nocturne releases. Dante owns but it would be cool to see that version on the Vita or 3DS.

Don't forget that Raidou got Pierce, which instantly puts him miles above Dante. :v:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

While everybody is voicing their hypothetical pipedream games I will throw one out: Persona 5. There. I said it.

Whoa, slow down there. You don't wanna get too unrealistic!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Mailer posted:

I got near the end of the first game and just couldn't take it anymore. The common good thread in both Nocturne and P3/P4 was the fusion and when you effectively remove that every other fault just shines brighter. It was like a less fun version of Parasite Eve where the entire game was the combat system. You cannot do a SMT game with poo poo fusion.

The second game is miles better than the first game and has actually good fusion that you don't have to go to that specific building to do. Try the second game.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

I hope we're still talking about pipe dreams, because I really want Eternal Punishment PSP to come out here. :negative:

And I guess every other non-translated game too, but that's even more unlikely. :(

Snix
Aug 31, 2012

After the war of great troll, he only stands. He now returns to the legendary city to seek revenge on the death of his village. Episode 1: "Legendary School Girl Bubble Gum! Will Senpai Notice Me!?"
At this point I hope that some group gives it a fanslation. I gotta have dem improved everything, dat Tatsuya campaign, and dat Tatsuya save transfer. Though I think the PSP isn't region locked, so if someone can hop the language border, it shouldn't be a big deal to them.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Snix posted:

At this point I hope that some group gives it a fanslation. I gotta have dem improved everything, dat Tatsuya campaign, and dat Tatsuya save transfer. Though I think the PSP isn't region locked, so if someone can hop the language border, it shouldn't be a big deal to them.
I beat P4G and am playing through P3P right now, planning on going backwards to P1 then P2:IS. Anyway, my question is (without spoilers): is it that bad going from the PSP remake of Innocent Sin to the PS1 version of Eternal Punishment?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

I beat P4G and am playing through P3P right now, planning on going backwards to P1 then P2:IS. Anyway, my question is (without spoilers): is it that bad going from the PSP remake of Innocent Sin to the PS1 version of Eternal Punishment?

It isn't that bad but it's going to be noticable as hell. It'd be worse going from P2 any to P1 though.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Will it have the requisiste bumbling Magician best pal, popular yet never dates girl who's gotten early, and tough guy Emperor in your party?

Oh, don't forget the kid Justice*, older Hierophant, Empress who should want for nothing but is still curious about the EVERYDAY WORLD, and Fool who becomes Judgement at the end of the game.

*Forget Chihiro

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

ApplesandOranges posted:

Will it have the requisiste bumbling Magician best pal, popular yet never dates girl who's gotten early, and tough guy Emperor in your party?

Oh, don't forget the kid Justice*, older Hierophant, Empress who should want for nothing but is still curious about the EVERYDAY WORLD, and Fool who becomes Judgement at the end of the game.

*Forget Chihiro

Actually the Nose will be the villain. You heard it here first!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

oblomov posted:

Actually the Nose will be the villain. You heard it here first!

If there isn't at least a Nose social link in P5, someone at Atlus isn't doing their job. Not an Igor social link, just a social link with his nose. Also, Elizabeth must feature heavily in it for maximum bizarre points. Let's be honest, it would be no weirder than the fox.

You feel a faint bond forming between you and the nose.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

CottonWolf posted:

If there isn't at least a Nose social link in P5, someone at Atlus isn't doing their job. Not an Igor social link, just a social link with his nose. Also, Elizabeth must feature heavily in it for maximum bizarre points. Let's be honest, it would be no weirder than the fox.

You feel a faint bond forming between you and the nose.

By forming a strong bond with the nose you gain the power to summon Cyrano de Bergerac.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Nose Social Link has now reached its maximum level. You can now create Tengu

... Wouldn't be any worse than Marie.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Between P3 and P4, I've had social links with a dog, a robot, a fox, a being of unimaginable power, her sister or brother, the fragment of a goddess, my drunk as hell teacher and a sentient bear suit. I'm sure Igor's Nose will fit right in.

And the ultimate persona of the Nose Arcana is obviously the Nose itself. It resides within all of us.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Hello friends,

You can get the digital goodies pack from the europe release of p4a here:
http://www.personaeurope.com/bonus/DigitalGoodies.zip

I don't know what's in it, the url was on the sleeve of the included music cd.
It's about 228 megabytes. The server is real slow, so I haven't finished downloading it yet.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The_Frag_Man posted:

The server is real slow

Just like the release of the game was :v:

Edit: What's in there iiiiss...

Backgrounds - Box art, Character, Teddie, Yu vs Aigis
Facebook banners and icons
Twitter icons

It's only so huge because Zen continue to prove themselves to be incompetent retards and left a 220MB PSD for one of the backgrounds in there (packed to 156MB).

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 15, 2013

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's only so huge because Zen continue to prove themselves to be incompetent retards and left a 220MB PSD for one of the backgrounds in there (packed to 156MB).

Wow, that's incredible. These guys are loving retards, no wonder it took so long to bring it out over here. They are actually stupid.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The_Frag_Man posted:

Wow, that's incredible. These guys are loving retards, no wonder it took so long to bring it out over here. They are actually stupid.

Yuuuup. Thank loving Christ NISA is doing Soul Hackers and (probably) SMT IV because Zen are actually really incompetant.

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 15, 2013

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Seems like P3:FES is $4.99 on the US PSN store this week. I don't know if you can gift games on PSN but it might be a good way to suck some friends and family into the series for cheap.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

The_Frag_Man posted:

The server is real slow

12 hour estimated time?! Buh

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rOWDD5LFCU
I want to become a Samurai...
I will become a Samurai! :japan:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Joshlemagne posted:

Seems like P3:FES is $4.99 on the US PSN store this week. I don't know if you can gift games on PSN but it might be a good way to suck some friends and family into the series for cheap.

Do those work on the Vita? The cable connecting the board to the screen on my PSP is busted and I'd really like to finish that game.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Radish posted:

Do those work on the Vita? The cable connecting the board to the screen on my PSP is busted and I'd really like to finish that game.
P3: FES is the PS2 version, you can only play it on a PS3.

(Persona 3 Portable works great on Vita, but it's not on sale.)

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Radish posted:

The digital release of Persona 3: FES will only play on a PS3, but Persona 3 Portable works on the Vita.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Oops. Thanks though. I'll have to pic up P3P some other time.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
I'm definitely going to become a sommereye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Is that even how you say samurai? :allears:

Also apparently the game was translated alongside development, so that's why it's going here so fast.