Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Angry Grimace posted:

The author didn't show you that for dramatic effect. This is called writing.

What dramatic effect? We already know Minato is on the way given that we saw him say as much several chapters ago and we know only one character who uses a kunai in that manner. What drama would have been spoiled if Naruto had reacted more visibly to realizing his father was on the way? Even the other characters wouldn't have lost any potential drama since they weren't shown doing anything of note in the panels between the kunai appearing and Minato himself appearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Kild posted:

Page 17 he notices him.

I just felt that was Naruto being well Naruto with his bravado. In the same vein as "You're late."

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I am so ridiculously hype right now. Please be next week already.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So is it safe to assume that Hashirama, Tobirama, and Sarutobi are going to heal the 5 kages?

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004

Scyantific posted:

So is it safe to assume that Hashirama, Tobirama, and Sarutobi are going to heal the 5 kages?

No, I hope not.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Scyantific posted:

9 Kage Brawl

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Scyantific posted:

Perhaps, but it is also possible that Minato is just faster and got there first. Although the First is Tsunade's grandfather so maybe they are.

For the record Edo Tensei is the most BROKEN ninja magic of all times. It would make so much more sense if the Chakra for the zombies had to come from the summoner and then it would at least be a reasonable jutsu with reasonable limitations. Everyone says the draw back is that you need a dead body but people die all the time in wars and even of old age, unless you specifically need to sacrifice someone but I'm not 100% sure that is the case.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Lyon posted:

Perhaps, but it is also possible that Minato is just faster and got there first. Although the First is Tsunade's grandfather so maybe they are.

For the record Edo Tensei is the most BROKEN ninja magic of all times. It would make so much more sense if the Chakra for the zombies had to come from the summoner and then it would at least be a reasonable jutsu with reasonable limitations. Everyone says the draw back is that you need a dead body but people die all the time in wars and even of old age, unless you specifically need to sacrifice someone but I'm not 100% sure that is the case.

You specifically need to sacrifice someone. Kabuto unambiguously demonstrates how it's done.

Still quite broken, especially since Zetsus can be used as sacrifices instead of humans.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Reading through Naruto is a lot like teaching a newbie Magic: The Gathering. You start with the lovely Portal stuff to show how it works, move into current Standard sets, then slowly peel back the layers of age and game mechanic, moving through Extended and Legacy until you end up playing Vintage with no ban lists and everyone's deck can win in 1 turn and balance is an arbitrary concept that can only be measured as "is this as broken as everything else, if yes then it's balanced."

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Lyon posted:

For the record Edo Tensei is the most BROKEN ninja magic of all times. It would make so much more sense if the Chakra for the zombies had to come from the summoner and then it would at least be a reasonable jutsu with reasonable limitations.
Killing the summoner should end it, and I have no idea why it doesn't.

Madara is literally everything wrong with Edo Tensei (among other things!).

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

U.T. Raptor posted:

Killing the summoner should end it, and I have no idea why it doesn't.

Madara is literally everything wrong with Edo Tensei (among other things!).

They're following Zombie rules and Necromantic black magic rules at the same time.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Paper Lion posted:

Reading through Naruto is a lot like teaching a newbie Magic: The Gathering. You start with the lovely Portal stuff to show how it works, move into current Standard sets, then slowly peel back the layers of age and game mechanic, moving through Extended and Legacy until you end up playing Vintage with no ban lists and everyone's deck can win in 1 turn and balance is an arbitrary concept that can only be measured as "is this as broken as everything else, if yes then it's balanced."
In order for that to match Naruto, all attacks would need to have a near 100% miss rate.

Seriously, disregarding flashback, its been how many chapters since someone was seriously injured?

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Bisse posted:

In order for that to match Naruto, all attacks would need to have a near 100% miss rate.

Seriously, disregarding flashback, its been how many chapters since someone was seriously injured?

Disregarding flashbacks it was pratically minutes ago that Neji DIED.

Raimondo
Apr 29, 2010
9. :colbert: RIP Neji

Edit: Beaten.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Not to mention Ino and Shikamaru's dads.

Oh, and Madara. Thank you Lee. :c00l:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bisse posted:

Tobi stabbed himself last chapter.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Yeah, when I think about it as anything but a vehicle for our characters to be awesome without immediately winning, Edo Tensei bothers me a lot.

But then I watch the last five minutes of the last fight in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm or something else cool and I stop caring.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

So was there a point to the Kages standing on their own statue heads? Or did they post for a second and then Minato was like "Guys, we actually really need to get going." Maybe they misunderstood where the war was.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

So was there a point to the Kages standing on their own statue heads? Or did they post for a second and then Minato was like "Guys, we actually really need to get going." Maybe they misunderstood where the war was.

Have you never seen an action movie or anything?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The heads were right below where they were standing prior, it was the appropriately badass thing to do.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Kild posted:

Tobi stabbed himself last chapter.

Only to reveal he literally has no internal organs, particularly a heart. I actually don't really know why he even did that. Just to make a poor analogy? Brain problems indeed.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

I got goosebumps when I read that last page.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

So the first could show off and give a speech.

onii
Jan 12, 2005
Did that huge Juubi bomb just disappear because of Obito's feelings that Kakashi was stirring up? If so, it looks like Kakashi is going to perform the Friendship no jutsu on Obito. I guess it's kind of a Naruto/Kakashi analogy.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG
I'm pretty sure the Fourth teleported it away.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="415503478"]
I'm pretty sure the Fourth teleported it away.

Yeah, the Fourth did the same thing with a bijuu dama from the Kyuubi back when it attacked Konoha.

onii
Jan 12, 2005

SpazmasterX posted:

Yeah, the Fourth did the same thing with a bijuu dama from the Kyuubi back when it attacked Konoha.
Right... but when he did that there was a resulting explosion several miles away where he teleported it to, right? So in theory there should be a gigantic explosion somewhere... maybe we'll see it next week, I guess.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Probably nowhere important, like the village of the mist.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
A shame that he can't access Obito's dimensional world. Obito being nuked to oblivion by the Bijuu it would be the perfect ending for him, it would really suck for Kakashi, though :v:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

onii posted:

Right... but when he did that there was a resulting explosion several miles away where he teleported it to, right? So in theory there should be a gigantic explosion somewhere... maybe we'll see it next week, I guess.

Infinite chakra from Edo Tensei. He could've teleported it into space for all we know.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He teleported it to the moon. Bam, war won.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Destroy the moon? The Dragon Ball solution does kind of work here. That would be awesome.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

A shame that he can't access Obito's dimensional world. Obito being nuked to oblivion by the Bijuu it would be the perfect ending for him, it would really suck for Kakashi, though :v:

Maybe Kakashi keeps one of the 4th's kunai around like a memento.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gyges posted:

Maybe Kakashi keeps one of the 4th's kunai around like a memento.

I thought Minato actually did give him a Kunai back when Tobi was crushed.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
He gave one to Kakashi when he became a Jounin.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Is there a time limit on these new bullshit Edo Tensei or has Kishimoto been playing too much M:tG and the Ghost Council of Obzedat are going to take over being in charge of Konoha once all is said and done?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Wittgen posted:

Destroy the moon? The Dragon Ball solution does kind of work here. That would be awesome.

What would Naruto Z look like.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Death Bot posted:

Well, we already have a "get out of death free" card, a method by which the characters can faux-fly and a method by which they can fire huge blasts and atomic explosions, along with transformations and poo poo - so basically the same only on a bigger scale and with more characters learning to do all of that poo poo at once I guess.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Death Bot posted:

I believe they called it Shippuden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Robviously posted:

Is there a time limit on these new bullshit Edo Tensei or has Kishimoto been playing too much M:tG and the Ghost Council of Obzedat are going to take over being in charge of Konoha once all is said and done?

There is no time limit. Edo Tensei lasts as long as the summoner wants it to.

• Locked thread