Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Reiley posted:

If you do it at level 25 then the gun will be stuck at level 25 and when you hit level 50 it'll be long-since useless! This is why lots of people try to play as little of the TVHM sidequests as possible, so they can save all the mission guns for the level cap.
I didn't know that was how it worked! I thought they were just irritating quests that showed up between story missions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Okay Krieg owns. My wife and I both made Kriegs and suddenly it was three hours later and we were both running in circles around a boss enemy screaming uncontrollably and buzz axing the unholy poo poo out of him.

Also we cracked the gently caress up when a revival sparked this exchange:

:byodood: "You don't die today! You die EVERY DAY"
:raise: "Don't make this weird."

smashpro1 posted:

Depends what what grenade mod you have equipped.

I've used a few different mods now and I have never seen a single grenade drop from that skill. Does it only trigger when you die die? Because being downed has never once caused me to drop a grenade. I ended up resetting my points so I could have one more point in CHOP HARDER because harder chopping is much more satisfying than the elusive promise of maybe grenading myself in the dick after dying one day.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I just checked. It only triggers when you die die. You drop off a grenade as your body is digitized back to the save point, you get a "PULL THE PIN!" note as you revive and presumably some xp as you killed the creature.

It's not going to save you from Fight For Your Life. It's just a parting gift of suckage, I guess.

Since I plan on keeping Krieg alive as long as possible I guess I"m not going to put a point in that skill after all. I'm just not sure if I want Strip the Flesh or Feed the Meat first.

Tried out Bloodshed for a bit. Man, blood stacks accumulate fast if you use a rapid-fire weapon, but they also disappear fast too. Hrm..

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Pull the pin ain't too bad if you have mirv grenades equipped and even better if you have the bonus package. It's a final gently caress you and I can appreciate that.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I don't think you take...MUCH damage when you light yourself on fire, do you? Just enough to spur your cooldown on Buzz Axe Rampage.

Does Elemental Empathy heal you when you burn other enemies or when you yourself are burning? The wording is vague.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Light the Fuse is pretty useless, I highly recommend skipping it.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Neo Helbeast posted:

NooooOooooOoOOOOOOOOO! :(

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I did a whopping 61 damage on a badass loader with 4 ranks on strip the flesh. It might have some uses in multi but in solo it's pretty lovely.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I'm pretty sure Light the Fuse isn't meant to kill badasses.

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
Gah when is Krieg meant to come out for us EU PS3 players.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Speedball posted:

It'd better kill badasses because the mechanic it replaces sure does.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Speedball posted:

I know but at least let me weaken them instead of tickling them.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
So far, I've gotten my :10bux: worth out of Krieg. He's fun as hell going down the Mania tree... I don't know that Boom Bewm has ever been that easy. I respec'd out of Bloodlust since I seem to be one of the people affected by the 'no Bloodlust stacks' bug.

Sleazoid
Nov 13, 2007

I get by with Krieg by going all in on Hellborn with a high level Flame of the Firehawk shield along with Meteor Shower. When fighting a lot of enemies I can barely see because of all the fire and exploding going on around me, it's awesome.

Carrying a good corrosive weapon for armored things is a must though obviously.

Sleazoid fucked around with this message at 14:10 on May 15, 2013

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Neo Helbeast posted:

A shame as it is great thematically.

One thing I do think about Krieg is that his action skill doesn't interact as much with the different skill trees like the other characters. The only differences you'll see are, dynamite on the axe from blood lust or psycho mutant from mania.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

That's the worst thing, waiting til level 5 to get your skill and like 10-12 hours to get all four slots for weapons sucks.

Use this trick:

Load up your main character on normal mode.
Fight your way to the warrior.
Load up new character in splitscreen co-op (same profile works but avoid doing anything that saves to the system file as that doesn't save like this).
Kill warrior.
Quit out with player 1.
Continue game and repeat till mew character is something like lv31 and can just blitz through the normal campaign.

It's a little tedious but nowhere close to as tedious as leveling that much naturally for a second time.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Sad lions posted:

Use this trick:

Load up new character in splitscreen co-op (same profile works but avoid doing anything that saves to the system file as that doesn't save like this).
Kill warrior.
Quit out with player 1.
Continue game and repeat till mew character is something like lv31 and can just blitz through the normal campaign.

It's a little tedious but nowhere close to as tedious as leveling that much naturally for a second time.

Terramorphous is actually the best for power leveling, especially since he drops more money and a lot of Eridium to share. The new character can easily buy upgrades.

I'm not power-leveling my Krieg though. Like most other people have said he's more fun played "legit" and without duped gear.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Terramorphous is actually the best for power leveling, especially since he drops more money and a lot of Eridium to share. The new character can easily buy upgrades.

I'm not power-leveling my Krieg though. Like most other people have said he's more fun played "legit" and without duped gear.

Not for me as I'm awful enough to have never been able to put that one down.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Speedball posted:

It doesn't really do much to regular enemies, either. The other problem is that you're locked into using sticks of dynamite instead of guns (or melee!). I really want to know what kind of formula they're using to determine damage, but if I had to guess I'd say it was about the damage of an unmodded grenade.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
We did a thing last night: http://www.twitch.tv/neohelbeast/b/403685582 timestamp is 18:30.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

GET BACK UP ON YOUR MEAT HAUNCHES

unkle77
Sep 9, 2009

Please prepare me one of these... Chocolate Egg Creams.

Sad lions posted:

Use this trick:

Kill warrior.
Quit out with player 1.

How do you fight the warrior (or anything) more than once? I've seen people talk about "farming" that doctor or Terramorphous, but I don't actually know how to activate those fights our bosses more than once.

Also, is it possible to keep "mission" weapons indefinitely? I got a badass e tech assault rifle from the bullets that aren't bullets mission, so I squirreled it away and said I wouldn't turn the quest in until the gun was too low level for me, but when I quit and reloaded later, the weapon had disappeared. Anyway, just made it to TVHM and am trying to get my commando up to the level cap before buying the DLC for UVHM. It's definitely been fun. Just got slag turrets, and this has been wonderful.

Also, thanks to the random goon who duped me a relic for +48.1% experience earned. I used it with the warrior and it bumped me up quite quickly! I don't use it now that I'm on TVHM, but it definitely saved my buddies the trouble of PLing me to their level.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

unkle77 posted:

How do you fight the warrior (or anything) more than once? I've seen people talk about "farming" that doctor or Terramorphous, but I don't actually know how to activate those fights our bosses more than once.

Also, is it possible to keep "mission" weapons indefinitely? I got a badass e tech assault rifle from the bullets that aren't bullets mission, so I squirreled it away and said I wouldn't turn the quest in until the gun was too low level for me, but when I quit and reloaded later, the weapon had disappeared. Anyway, just made it to TVHM and am trying to get my commando up to the level cap before buying the DLC for UVHM. It's definitely been fun. Just got slag turrets, and this has been wonderful.

Also, thanks to the random goon who duped me a relic for +48.1% experience earned. I used it with the warrior and it bumped me up quite quickly! I don't use it now that I'm on TVHM, but it definitely saved my buddies the trouble of PLing me to their level.

Most bosses will respawn where you fought them if you go back (unless they're a story important character like Jack or Bloodwing. You only fight the warrior instead of Jack and you fight this giant moth thing instead of Bloodwing).

You can farm them easily enough for rare drops but quest rewards associated with them are a no go.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Sad lions posted:

Not for me as I'm awful enough to have never been able to put that one down.

There are two places you can stand where he can't hit you. I don't have the time to describe them right now but you can surf youtube for videos of how to do it. You don't even need legendary weapons to do it. It takes some practice and you need to learn how to manage the tentacles since those are the only things that can hurt you, but after a few tries you should be able to take him down. Especially if you've got a character that's over level 52.

unkle77
Sep 9, 2009

Please prepare me one of these... Chocolate Egg Creams.

Sad lions posted:

Most bosses will respawn where you fought them if you go back (unless they're a story important character like Jack or Bloodwing. You only fight the warrior instead of Jack and you fight this giant moth thing instead of Bloodwing).

You can farm them easily enough for rare drops but quest rewards associated with them are a no go.

How far away from the bosses/areas do you have to get for them to respawn? I really had fun going through the wildlife exploitation area, and a giant moth sounds badass.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Neo Helbeast posted:

We did a thing last night: http://www.twitch.tv/neohelbeast/b/403685582 timestamp is 18:30.

I may or may not downgrade my level after bar room last night, just cuz that was all out of control frustrating, but also pretty fun. I already know what it's like to play Easylands, but I'd totally forgotten about playing as if I'd never played before. Though... 4 psychos is a lot and makes the game pretty difficult.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

unkle77 posted:

How far away from the bosses/areas do you have to get for them to respawn? I really had fun going through the wildlife exploitation area, and a giant moth sounds badass.

If you quit out of the game and return that brings them back if they can respawn.
The moth thing basically is the bloodwing fight but with a different model (/probably also sound effects, unsure of that detail).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Be careful with that fight as it's easy to kill the boss in a place where its loot falls outside of the arena and you can't get it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
90% of the reason that I bought this character is to use Light the Fuse and hearing that it sucks really bums me out. :(

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 15, 2013

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
I don't think GBX has the ability(or whatever you want to call it) to effectively play test stuff like this the way its customers end up using it. We all probably expected(I did) Light the Fuse to be a massive explosion that would greatly increase the chances of a second wind. The skills that enable friendly fire are horribly broken too, given that some rocket launchers deal a lot of splash damage that ignores cover. All you do is stand around and die, despite not being anywhere near where the rockets are directed.

Don't be surprised if some of his skills get buffed because they're pretty useless now and video game nerds are not quiet.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
Not to derail the Krieg train, but has anyone else been using the Pimpernil? It's a rare sniper rifle you get from one of Censorbot's quests in the Scarlett DLC. Its gimmick is that it fires off these orbs (5 of them) from the bullet's impact point that do half the damage of the initial bullet (they go in all directions). I've been using a lvl 58 slagged version in UVHM and holy poo poo is this thing a boss killer. I suspect that combining it with Zero's bore skill is what's causing it to be so badass.

It's been the easy button for any large enemy. It can take out badass constructors in seconds, kill the Warrior in like 2-3 minutes (he'll spend most of that time in the lava), and I even took out Saturn before he could jump off the bridge he spawns on (like, seriously within 30 seconds). Again, this is all on UVHM. I haven't tried it without the bore skill yet, so I don't know if it will be as good with any other classes. Also, it's not nearly as effective against regular sized enemies. I just use mine to slag those normal dudes.

Just thought I'd throw it out there cause I haven't seen it mentioned yet.

Ok, back to Krieg talk.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

DecentHairJelly posted:

Ok, back to Krieg talk.
Why thank you! :v:

Krieg-tastic news, everyone!

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=281310

Krieg's Buzzaxe damage math is borked. You'll do more damage with a Rapier and a 'Roid shield. Also, no grenade or rocket jumping for everyone's favorite shirtless character. Have fun trying to get onto the Happy Pig sign!

But don't worry, Gearbox is on the case!

quote:

Twitterer:

@ TheElfquist, great work on Krieg, sir. Just one question though - is the math on roid + BAR + weapon melee bonuses correct? Heard maybe no?

GBX designer Paul Hellquist:

@The_Viddik, I'm confident it is correct but percentage multipliers don't simply add together the way you might expect.
:suicide:

delpheye posted:

Don't be surprised if some of his skills get buffed because they're pretty useless now and video game nerds are not quiet.
I'm feeling a bit more pesimistic, particularly after how they dealt with A:CM. They are very, very talented at taking criticism very, very poorly.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Father Wendigo posted:

Have fun trying to get onto the Happy Pig sign!
Wait, people rocket jump up there instead of timing the geyser thats right there? Or does that not launch you anymore either?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
The pimpernil is like the fourth best sniper in the game. I believe it goes: Sloth, ???, Cobra, Pinpernil, Hawkeye. I'd have to the damage graphs again.

E: the geysers don't affect Krieg either.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Krieg's weight is higher than the other characters to make it harder for enemies to knock him back. Also he can't grenade jump and the geyser's can't lift him high enough.

Side note: I just got a level 8 Slagga after loving around in the Steam and Power

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It feels like the drop rate has been increased since I got a badaboom, kerblaster, leech, and a bonus package in the first playthrough which is unthinkable. I got release the beast a while ago and it's incredible at murdering everything in your path.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Holy crap, I'm chopping apart enemies like nobody's business, and now that I've had a chance to test it out, Light the Fuses works just fine for me.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Speedball posted:

Holy crap, I'm chopping apart enemies like nobody's business, and now that I've had a chance to test it out, Light the Fuses works just fine for me.

How many players are you rolling with?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Solo, at the moment. I'm sure that if I were rolling with a group the enemies would become much tougher and it would be less viable.

For group fights I would probably recommend Bloodlust or Hellborn, Hellborn's got some really nice things in there.

Actually Bloodlust might be ideal for huge, prolonged boss fights because of how it stacks with damage. It might be even better in TVHM.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Speedball posted:

Like almost every other Really Cool Skill in the game, I'm pretty sure that LtF works as intended during your first playthrough and then falls apart completely the moment you step into TVHM.

• Locked thread