Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gort posted:

I've been playing HOD as Brazil - things seem to be going well so far. I've conquered all my cores back from my neighbours, administration is at 100%, I abolished slavery and I can afford to fully fund education. I've also built railroads in every province but the jungle ones, which require more tech.

I have questions:

1. How do I build factories? My production screen just says, "Build factories: No". Which factories would be good for Brazil?

2. I am in the UK's sphere of influence. Is this bad? How do I leave if so?

3. I'm very rich - what's a good use of that wealth?

4. At the moment I run the highest possible tariffs and taxes. Why wouldn't I want to do that?

5. What's a good army composition for me to use?

6. Should I build a navy or just ignore it entirely?

7. I'm assuming having more than 1% bureaucrats is a bad thing. How do I keep administration well funded without going over 1%?

1. "Build factories: No" means that you as the state cannot directly build factories, and need to rely on Capitalist pops to build them for you.

If your economic policy is Interventionist, you can invest state money in the projects started by your Capitalists, although you cannot determine when and where they build the factories, and what factories to build.

If your economic policy is Laissez Faire, you cannot help along your Capitalists at all, but it's cheaper for them to build factories and the factories that are built have a 20% output bonus

If your economic policy is State Capitalism, you can build factories yourself, and at the same time your Capitalists can start their own projects, but it's much more expensive for your Capitalists to run their projects (although of course, you can invest state funds into them)

If your economic policy is Planned Economy, then your Capitalists do nothing at all and you have to run everything yourself. The lack of economic discounts or bonuses will ideally be made up for by total control over the economy.

3. Invest in naval bases if you really have nothing else to do with the cash, but otherwise keep saving up for more railroads, investing in Capitalist factories or building your own.

4. You should run the highest possible taxes on your middle and lower-class people, and then try to minimize taxes on the rich. You don't want to tax the rich because it prevents them from saving up personal cash that they will then pump into their various projects.

High tariffs act as another virtual layer of taxes that apply to everyone, and will make it more expensive for your factories to acquire their input goods, if the input goods have to be imported. It's okay to run high tariffs anyway if you're producing your inputs locally and/or your pops can buy their needs even with the high tariffs.

5. You will generally want some of everything: Artillery deals lots of damage from the backline. Engineers also work from the back but also negate enemy fortifications and help you dig-in faster. Infantry's high defense makes them an ideal meatshield for the Artys and Engis. Guards' high attack and Dragoons' flanking attacks deal damage from the front. And then 1 Hussar to make province conquests as fast as possible.

A basic template would be something like: 2 Arty, 2 Engis, 4 Infantry, 2 Guards, 1 Hussar, 2 Dragoons. That's also 13 brigades exactly to maximize province occupation speed.

6. It depends on whether or not you plan on expanding outside your continent. You may also want to build a navy even if you don't need the power projection because it counts for upping your military score, and you always want to be on top.

7. I refer you to my earlier post on Bureaucrats. Don't worry about the 1% state-wide number, stop promoting Bureaucrats when the ledger/sidebar indicates red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Gort posted:

I've been playing HOD as Brazil - things seem to be going well so far. I've conquered all my cores back from my neighbours, administration is at 100%, I abolished slavery and I can afford to fully fund education. I've also built railroads in every province but the jungle ones, which require more tech.

I have questions:

1. How do I build factories? My production screen just says, "Build factories: No". Which factories would be good for Brazil?

2. I am in the UK's sphere of influence. Is this bad? How do I leave if so?

3. I'm very rich - what's a good use of that wealth?

4. At the moment I run the highest possible tariffs and taxes. Why wouldn't I want to do that?

5. What's a good army composition for me to use?

6. Should I build a navy or just ignore it entirely?

7. I'm assuming having more than 1% bureaucrats is a bad thing. How do I keep administration well funded without going over 1%?

1. You are either LF or Interventionist, therefore the only ways to build factories are to a) promote Capitalists, lower high-end taxes and tariffs enough to hope they build one for you, or b) attempt to switch to a new government, either by holding lots of elections (and the party loyalty NF) and swaying your people to the State Capitalist/Planned Economy party, or through revolution. If you're interventionist, specifically, you can check the "Projects" page of the production tab and sponsor a capitalist's project, if they have one. This is a good trade-off and it's one of the reasons playing Interventionist regimes isn't as much of a drag as it used to be.

As for which factories, it's easier and you get a nice throughput bonus if you build factories that use the resources that the province produces. So Brazil has what, a shitton of fruit and tropical wood? Build a shitton of wineries and luxury furniture factories. And then glass factroys and furniture factroys to support them.

2. Mostly good, a little bad. It means you have first dibs on their domestic production, so if you want to make some tea-sipping soldiers, you don't have to wait nearly as long for that tea as someone outside of the UK sphere. Whenever you're sphered, it generally becomes a little bit easier for an economy to run. Of course, you'll probably be dragged into all their wars, but if you're Brazil, I'm betting war is hardly even a nuisance for you. The most efficient way to unsphere yourself is to become a GP yourself, but barring that there's a decision that gets you out with some hostility (I think? It's been a while since I played vanilla.)

3. Railroads and soldiers. Again, if you're running Interventionist, a way better idea is to fund capitalist-banked railroads instead of building them yourself from scratch. Soldier up to your limit, always. Other than that, when I have a big surplus, I try to let my pops have a good life: education and administration are first priority, then tariffs (negative tariffs can do wonders for an economy), then military spending, then taxes.

4. For tariffs, this can be very bad if you're trying to get an economy. There are very few economies in Vic2 that are completely self-sufficient - even the most resource rich nations like Brazil and China still need to buy cement and machine tools to run their factories. If you have a high tariff, it will be WAY harder for your pops to fund their factories and eventually their lifestyles.

As for taxes, it's kind of the same effect but less direct. The biggest thing taxes affect is promotion rates, I find. High taxes = not enough money to get all needs = no promotions. If you're trying to build factories, get clerks'n'clergy up, raise soldiers, raise officers, anything, high taxes will slow this down, but it won't bring your economy crashing to a hlat like high enough tariffs will do. The biggest thing is that 100% tax isn't that bad early game because it's only like 17% effective tax; once you get your efficiency up, it's a good idea to lower taxes.

5. IDK. Combat isn't my thing. I usually win wars by having a bigger number of doods than the other guy.

6. As Brazil? I'd say you're okay without a huge fleet especially if your national interests lie in South America and/or Africa. Don't ignore the Navy techs, though. There's some liferating techs in there, there's naval base techs, and you'll need both of them for colonialism. Also, you need one of the steamer techs to build a canal, which can be a fun side project for a GP.

7. It's not a bad thing, it's just a waste of guys. Turn off the NF and drop Admin funding to 50%.

quadrophrenic fucked around with this message at 10:36 on May 15, 2013

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Quick question: Italy NNM game is going well, but during the second reconquest of Austria-owned Italy, a billion rebels popped and managed to free Venice, and now I have super ugly borders. Venice is in my sphere (automatically) but they're allied with France, who I could go to war with (and crush) but I'd rather not because of their alliances and our high relations. I'm not above cheating to deal with this nuisance-that-should-not-have-happened, but I can't open my save game in notepad for some reason. Does anyone know if there's a console code for "add country to me" or at least "get rid of alliance"?

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

quadrophrenic posted:

Quick question: Italy NNM game is going well, but during the second reconquest of Austria-owned Italy, a billion rebels popped and managed to free Venice, and now I have super ugly borders. Venice is in my sphere (automatically) but they're allied with France, who I could go to war with (and crush) but I'd rather not because of their alliances and our high relations. I'm not above cheating to deal with this nuisance-that-should-not-have-happened, but I can't open my save game in notepad for some reason. Does anyone know if there's a console code for "add country to me" or at least "get rid of alliance"?

You could use "showprovinceid" to well, show the provinceid's and then use changeowner TAG provinceid, in this case something like "changeowner ITA 123" to add Venice's province to Italy. I think Venice will still exist as a country but it'll be totally useless because it doesn't have any provinces.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Open the console with tilde

Type "showprovinceid", so you get to see the province ID number when you mouse-over it

Type "changeowner ITA 123", so that the province with ID number 123 becomes owned by you, ITAly. Change the province ID number as necessary using the mouse-over info for reference

Alternatively, you can use "break FRA" to cause France to break all its alliances

EDIT: Beaten like Jacobin rebels.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
"break FRA" sounds really tempting, but too history-altering for my needs. I'll try that out, thanks!

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead
You can also edit the save game easily enough if you get a better text editor. I'd use Notepad++ as it works very well.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

quadrophrenic posted:

"break FRA" sounds really tempting, but too history-altering for my needs. I'll try that out, thanks!
NNM has an event that offers you to annex countries which state culture belongs to your cultural union, as long as they are in your sphere, and it usually fires pretty quickly. It shouldn't take long for Venice to offer that, no need to do anything actively, other than making sure they have a positive opinion of you. This also works for Germany and Austria, though in that case Austria has a special event since it's a multi-ethnic country that's far larger than the countries that usually get absorbed. (Like Luxembourg.)

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

YF-23 posted:

Applications for the EU4 tech beta are now open until the 21st.

Time to reinstall Linux again in the hopes that it will give me a leg up :getin:

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009

oscarthewilde posted:

You could use "showprovinceid" to well, show the provinceid's
This exists? I've been opening the country files. :doh:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
So I've got two questions/issues regarding hoi3. I've been playing as France and during battles I'll order one or two divisions in a province that has 4-6 total to retreat. Then an hour or two of ingame time later the other divisions will also retreat despite having good org/strength and me definitely not ordering them to retreat as well.

Also why does France in the 1936 scenario get a tiny fraction of the manpower she has in the 39/40 scenarios with no way of ever getting up to those numbers? What you get in 36 barely covers reinforcement for the first year of actual fighting with building anything that takes manpower in decent numbers exhausting the supply.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

gradenko_2000 posted:

Open the console with tilde

Type "showprovinceid", so you get to see the province ID number when you mouse-over it

Type "changeowner ITA 123", so that the province with ID number 123 becomes owned by you, ITAly. Change the province ID number as necessary using the mouse-over info for reference

Alternatively, you can use "break FRA" to cause France to break all its alliances

EDIT: Beaten like Jacobin rebels.

Holy poo poo no more ugly borders. I can give land to my colonies, I can switch between countries and fix things. I can fix it all!!

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Baronjutter posted:

Holy poo poo no more ugly borders. I can give land to my colonies, I can switch between countries and fix things. I can fix it all!!

I just found out recently too, and I have just been going apeshit with pretty borders. It's fantastic.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Have there ever been diplomatic conferences held in real life for the purpose of creating prettier borders?

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Conference

The berlin conference

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Cantorsdust posted:

Have there ever been diplomatic conferences held in real life for the purpose of creating prettier borders?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Diplomatic_conferences

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
I took the plunge and picked up HoD, so I'm finally going to take a shot at learning how to play Victoria 2. What are some fun things to try while learning the game? I've seen Belgium and Japan mentioned, and I remember seeing people mention that a released New England is fun. What other nations or areas are fun to figure the game out with? Or alternatively, are there any universal first-timer tips I should keep in mind?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
After fighting (and winning, in the end!) a war as Japan against the Russians, French and Ottomans, I was just wondering about forts in Vic2, as there was a hotspot that could've gone either way, which I was wondering about who would get the fort bonus, if either of us.

So basically, if I/Japan had a fort - but the province was empty - and the French moved an army into the province, followed by me moving into the province as well, (before the French occupation is complete, that is) will either of us get the bonus from having a fort? Since it's not a French fort/province, (although I suppose you could argue that they took it first in their occupation or something, but that's the dilemma) but I'm attacking the province from another, rather than defending it from the French attackers.

Secondly, if the French had successfully occupied the province before I arrived, would they get the full bonuses from the fort, due to having occupied the province, or would the bonuses just be negated until either I reclaim the province, or they gain 'legal ownership' of the state?

Oh, and on the topic of the Berlin Conference, is there by any chance an event for that in Vic2, where you get to determine what remaining portions of Africa belong to which Great and/or European Power, and otherwise officially stake your claim? Since I've colonised Somalia, Kenya, Zanzibar, the Rift Valley, as well as a couple of other places on the east coast encompassing Oman, and I'm slightly concerned about whether or not the French or British will attempt to wrest some of it off me. :ohdear: (The British and I are on positive terms - well, 100-and-something - although they won't return my calls re: an alliance, sadly, much like everyone else, for that matter!)

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kersch posted:

I took the plunge and picked up HoD, so I'm finally going to take a shot at learning how to play Victoria 2. What are some fun things to try while learning the game? I've seen Belgium and Japan mentioned, and I remember seeing people mention that a released New England is fun. What other nations or areas are fun to figure the game out with? Or alternatively, are there any universal first-timer tips I should keep in mind?

Austria is a good starting country. Confirmed GP status with a good standing army. You have an absolute monarchy so you can change around government types to experiment easily between them. Not too many spheres, and a port on the Adriatic to build up for colonisation. Because there are a lot of Greek/Ottoman crises, you can occupy Thessalia or whatever easily to accrue warscore. Then just sit back and wait for Prussia to wipe itself out in the Franco-Prussian war to pick up some industrialised German states.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

For those still waiting for a Heart of Darkness sale, Amazon will have it for $13.99 tomorrow.

The Amazon thread no idea if it's a steam key or not.

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
Is anyone still playing MotE? It seemed like a fun multi-player game but since it got released I've heard nothing about it over the din of HoD.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Another quick question for Victoria 2. I'm still playing Belgium, managed to become a great power and totally hosed the netherlands over. They're totally out of the running and and ranked somewhere in the 40s/50s. Now I want to finish them off and take Amsterdam and their core provinces for myself. However, there's no annexation war goal to select? They still have a bunch of colonial provinces which I cannot be assed taking because I'm navally totally insignificant, so does this have something to do with it?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

ThomasPaine posted:

Another quick question for Victoria 2. I'm still playing Belgium, managed to become a great power and totally hosed the netherlands over. They're totally out of the running and and ranked somewhere in the 40s/50s. Now I want to finish them off and take Amsterdam and their core provinces for myself. However, there's no annexation war goal to select? They still have a bunch of colonial provinces which I cannot be assed taking because I'm navally totally insignificant, so does this have something to do with it?

Yup, you've gotta take their colonies before you can annex the capital state.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Evil Agita posted:

Yup, you've gotta take their colonies before you can annex the capital state.

Ughhhhh. Better get on building that navy then. I assumed you only had to take their non-capital home provinces first, then their colonial possessions would just be released as independent if the homeland was to fall. Ah well!

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

ThomasPaine posted:

Ughhhhh. Better get on building that navy then. I assumed you only had to take their non-capital home provinces first, then their colonial possessions would just be released as independent if the homeland was to fall. Ah well!

You dont need a navy to take their colonial possessions if you occupy all of Holland in a war with either the release nation cb or a place in the sun cb it will give you enough warscore to force release their colonies or just straight up seize them.

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

EasternBronze posted:

Is anyone still playing MotE? It seemed like a fun multi-player game but since it got released I've heard nothing about it over the din of HoD.

It's been lost in the excitement, which is a shame since I'd love to see some mods and alternate scenarios in the future. Hopefully at some point they'll port it to Mac.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Kersch posted:

Brazil - how to start an economy, how to war (beginner)
Belgium - how to maximize an economy
Japan - how to Westernize
USA - how to politics, how to war (intermediate)
Prussia - how to diplomacy, how to war (advanced)
Sweden - a good all around experience

There's no really great "how to colonialism" beginner country, though once you get a hang of running a big GP, France isn't too difficult.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I've started playing Europa Universalis III. So far, comparing it to Victoria 2 it seems a lot harder. I was able to take over most of China as Nepal in Victoria 2, whereas it took me many many tries to get my country rolling as Byzantium in this. Does that sound about right? Also why can't I get spies? I had some in the beginning but then none for the rest of the game.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Byzantium is one of the hardest countries in the game to play because at the time period EU3 starts in, they were on their way out. I'd pick someone else.

As for spies, yes and no. Certain modifiers (slider positions, country policies, events) affect spy regeneration rate, if you hover over the spy icon it'll tell yoou the rate they regenerate. Youll have to move towards those slider positions to get them.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

wikipe tama posted:

I've started playing Europa Universalis III. So far, comparing it to Victoria 2 it seems a lot harder. I was able to take over most of China as Nepal in Victoria 2, whereas it took me many many tries to get my country rolling as Byzantium in this. Does that sound about right? Also why can't I get spies? I had some in the beginning but then none for the rest of the game.

If you're a free market aristocracy there's no real reason to be getting spies. Either roll up some mercantilism or some plutocracy if you want some spies. Or hope you get the Offer You Can Refuse, Actually.

e: Personally i wish there was a nonzero spy base generation rate, even more than colonists or missionaries.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001
Is there any good way to deal with the HRE? Every major conquest game I've played has become an unmanageable mess because of it. Not because I can't beat the states, but because it's such an awful bother. My last game, I was a super-byzantium that controlled everything from the Ukraine to the Baltic, the Middle East, North Africa, the British Isles, France, Southern Italy, and the Eastern US, and I still quit in disgust after my big war with the HRE started. Thousands of lovely little states that take a hundred years to absorb and extraordinary infamy the whole time.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

quadrophrenic posted:

Brazil - how to start an economy, how to war (beginner)
Belgium - how to maximize an economy
Japan - how to Westernize
USA - how to politics, how to war (intermediate)
Prussia - how to diplomacy, how to war (advanced)
Sweden - a good all around experience

There's no really great "how to colonialism" beginner country, though once you get a hang of running a big GP, France isn't too difficult.

I would say maybe England, because you have so much land everywhere there's always somewhere to colonize, but it's so big I would put it after Sweden in terms of how much you need to know about V2 before playing them.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

wikipe tama posted:

Spies are mostly useless, I wouldn't sweat it.

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3

TheBalor posted:

Is there any good way to deal with the HRE? Every major conquest game I've played has become an unmanageable mess because of it. Not because I can't beat the states, but because it's such an awful bother. My last game, I was a super-byzantium that controlled everything from the Ukraine to the Baltic, the Middle East, North Africa, the British Isles, France, Southern Italy, and the Eastern US, and I still quit in disgust after my big war with the HRE started. Thousands of lovely little states that take a hundred years to absorb and extraordinary infamy the whole time.

Dismantling it is probably your best option here. Vassalise electors when you can (unless you are playing with a mod that boots vassals out as electors), and occupy the capitals of the remaining free electors and the emperor in a final war.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

TheBalor posted:

JESUS. All I could manage is most of Antatola, Greece, part of deepest Africa I gave up babysitting, Naples and Tripoli. That's unimaginable to me ^. how the heck did you manage the infamy? I'm playing 5.1

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Spiderfist Island posted:

It's been lost in the excitement, which is a shame since I'd love to see some mods and alternate scenarios in the future. Hopefully at some point they'll port it to Mac.

I really want a mod that removes all those flavor units.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
You know, I've been playing Vic2 for several years and I realized I still have no idea what almost all of the military attributes do. Can anyone explain to me:

1) Experience?
2) Morale?
3) Strength is ratio of alive men to possible men in an army, right?
4) What exactly does "Mobilization Impact" impact, and how? I know my economy usually tumbles when I mobilize, but I'm not sure by what means.
5) Military Hospitals? WHAT ARE MILITARY HOSPITALS. HOW DO I KNOW HOW GOOD THEY ARE.
6) Military tactics? I think this is a multiplier for possible brigades, right? But for some reason I thought there were no multipliers, it's just how many soldier pops you have.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
I'm starting to think mobilization impact may be broken in HoD. It always seems to be at 0% or -10%

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

1. Each 10% of experience is 1 point of defense for those units.
2. Morale influences how fast organization recovers. More is faster
3. Yes
4. Basically at 100% each of those guys you draw up is 1 from the economy, 125% is 1.25 75% is .75 gone.
5. Trickleback, guys who get turned into casualities returning to the soldier pop and the frontline.
6. Literally tactics, how well your guys know how to fight vs how well armed they are for others, it is a VERY important tech actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

quadrophrenic posted:

You know, I've been playing Vic2 for several years and I realized I still have no idea what almost all of the military attributes do. Can anyone explain to me:

1) Experience?
2) Morale?
3) Strength is ratio of alive men to possible men in an army, right?
4) What exactly does "Mobilization Impact" impact, and how? I know my economy usually tumbles when I mobilize, but I'm not sure by what means.
5) Military Hospitals? WHAT ARE MILITARY HOSPITALS. HOW DO I KNOW HOW GOOD THEY ARE.
6) Military tactics? I think this is a multiplier for possible brigades, right? But for some reason I thought there were no multipliers, it's just how many soldier pops you have.

1. I have no idea what Experience does other than that it makes veteran brigades superior to non-veteran brigades and it continuously goes up so if that infantry brigade you raised in 1836 is still active in 1936 and you have all the Psych techs it's going to be a monster.

2. Morale is that green bar when you're fighting. If it hits 0, no matter how many troops you have left, your men are breaking and running, and if they retreat into an enemy force at 0.0 morale they're going to surrender en masse.

3. I think so.

4. Mobilization impact I believe is the share of people you're pulling out of RGOs/the factories, though I'm not totally sure that's the case.

5. The higher your hospital rating, the fewer of your dead soldiers are actually removed from your soldier pops. With full hospitals, only like 25% of the soldiers you lose in combat die, the rest are returned to the manpower pool and will likely appear again when your brigades reinforce.

6. The higher the tactics, the fewer of your men die in a battle. An army with low tactics will lose absurd amount of men even in winning fights. It's crucial for low-population countries that can't afford big hits to their soldier pops in wars.

• Locked thread