Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Bash Ironfist posted:

Also, :catstare: So he's wearing a butcher's apron, a face mask(to protect his nose?) With peach slacks and dress shoes. What in the christ?
That's Bray Wyatt for you. Incase anybody has been living under a rock for the last year or so, Bray Wyatt used to be Husky Harris. Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Rock is a large man, yes?

No The Rock is not a large man.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Good to see the former WWE champ getting along with the current VGCW champ.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Gonzo McFee posted:

To be fair, Shaq make's just about anyone look like a little kid:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Khali's trousers don't leave much to the imagination. :stare:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That's just where he stores his kneecaps.

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004
Worst goon in the universe.

Gonzo McFee posted:

To be fair, that's him next to basketball players, who tend to be pretty tall.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

45ShadesOfDeath posted:

To be fair, that's him next to basketball players, who tend to be pretty tall.

Barkley's head is just insanely big. :ohdear:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Wojtek posted:

Wasn't it Angle/Lesnar?

The dangle of the Angle is inversely proportional to the cock of the Brock

Gonzo McFee posted:

Khali's trousers don't leave much to the imagination. :stare:

I swear Khali is just a really disproportionate midget on stilts, his legs look way too skinny on his body

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 17, 2013

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
I'm bummed we never got that Big Show/Shaq wrestlemania match.
They were leading up to it but then it kinda just went away, like so many other things in the wwe.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Pneub posted:

To be fair, Shaq make's just about anyone look like a little kid:

I feel like I'm watching that 'size of the universe' gif comparison.

:stonk:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Show looks postively svelte there. What year was that?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Memento1979 posted:

Show looks postively svelte there. What year was that?

He's sucking his gut in big time because there is a picture a little later where his stomach is just huge.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Confined to the roof, USA has violently seized control of Creative.

Poor Bruce, you've fallen so far...

Alberto is now multiple faces! Thrice as insufferable!

Jefferoo fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 17, 2013

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control

Jefferoo posted:

At first I thought this was Mitt Romney and I was prepared to dislike Sheamus even more than I already do. I'm glad it's only Bruce Campbell.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jefferoo posted:

Confined to the roof, USA has violently seized control of Creative.

Alberto is now multiple faces! Thrice as insufferable!

You should be happy that he's on good TV shows now hanging out with real stars instead of being in bad movies and hanging out on the Virgil circuit.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

E: Also, for more crazy-eyed McMahon goodness, here's Steph at some NYC fashion thing from last year.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 17, 2013

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ANDRE!

THE GIANT!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Incendiary Pig posted:

At first I thought this was Mitt Romney and I was prepared to dislike Sheamus even more than I already do. I'm glad it's only Bruce Campbell.
You know who did pose with Romney?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Perigryn posted:

You know who did pose with Romney?

Cena had the worst year of his life, Pac Man got knocked the gently caress out, Stephanie Meyer's next film adaptation bombed, don't let Romney appear with you folks.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

MassRanTer posted:

Cena had the worst year of his life, Pac Man got knocked the gently caress out, Stephanie Meyer's next film adaptation bombed, don't let Romney appear with you folks.

To be fair, look what happened to the United States title...

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

weekly font posted:

Apparently they'd been secretly together for years but had to keep it under wraps so shrieking women would still yell KOBASHI. He's a dude you can be super happy for on so many levels.
Celebrities having to fake being single is... I'm now thinking of the AKB48 incident.

Incidentally, apparently the world was mostly unaware that Mitsuharu Misawa was both a husband and a father until after his death.

Liar Lyre posted:

You might as well post the whole ensemble.

Bray Wyatt is Hostel Guy?! :magical: Sorry, I know he isn't but that's my instinctual reaction to seeing butcher's aprons.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

From this dude on deviantart; :nws: warning for deviantart.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jefferoo posted:

To be fair, look what happened to the United States title...

Great, a foreigner holding the U.S. title.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

A funny picture from Wikipedia.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Liar Lyre posted:

A funny picture from Wikipedia.

Wikipedia entry for "invisible bicycles".

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

Andre makes everything good

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

Probably the saddest picture on the internets

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i crying

Rad R.
Oct 10, 2012
WCW's DVD covers from the year 2000 are a sight to see. This isn't even the best one.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rad R. posted:

WCW's DVD covers from the year 2000 are a sight to see. This isn't even the best one.

Is there a place we can see more?

And holy poo poo, that George Steele picture :(

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

does the artist know Randy Savage was extremely abusive

Rad R.
Oct 10, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Is there a place we can see more?

And holy poo poo, that George Steele picture :(

I found it on Facebook, but now I can't find which fan page -it was on- stupid newsfeed. There's a whole album of these, I need to find it again for the benefit of all.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Rad R. posted:

That's not so much "insane asylum" as it is "waking up hung over from last night's toga party".

I went looking for more and instead I found these:

Honestly these look way more eye-catching than anything WWE has done in the last couple years. Also, I really want that Souled Out poster now.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Scirocco Griffon posted:

That's not so much "insane asylum" as it is "waking up hung over from last night's toga party".

I went looking for more and instead I found these:

Honestly these look way more eye-catching than anything WWE has done in the last couple years. Also, I really want that Souled Out poster now.

I don't think they're very good, but the Souled Out one is at least done in a specific style. Everything is dirty and grungy and pasted on with a ransom note kind of feel to it.

The rest are basically just the same as the WWE posters these days - big picture, text below. Sure, there's a little more put into these since the WWE posters are just a picture of a guy making a face, but still.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

I don't think they're very good, but the Souled Out one is at least done in a specific style. Everything is dirty and grungy and pasted on with a ransom note kind of feel to it.

The rest are basically just the same as the WWE posters these days - big picture, text below. Sure, there's a little more put into these since the WWE posters are just a picture of a guy making a face, but still.

I guess what gets my attention is mostly the '90s-as-gently caress graphic design that stands out so much now. HDR high-contrast photos of people are so commonplace these days that you could put a WWE PPV poster up anywhere and it wouldn't get much notice because it'd probably just look like some random movie poster.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The DVD cover for Mayhem looks like an indy company's DVD art. Pretty fuckin' sad.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Scirocco Griffon posted:

I guess what gets my attention is mostly the '90s-as-gently caress graphic design that stands out so much now. HDR high-contrast photos of people are so commonplace these days that you could put a WWE PPV poster up anywhere and it wouldn't get much notice because it'd probably just look like some random movie poster.

Oh, definitely - if you look at the WWE posters from the same era you'll see the same thing. I used to love the Survivor Series posters with all of the characters drawn, like the one where the US team was celebrating over a turkey dressed like Yokozuna. 90s posters were great, and these WCW posters are fun in that sense, but most of them just don't hold up.

For content:

This one's pretty silly. I get that they're trying to get the idea of tag teams across, but it just looks like two dudes trying to hold hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Rad R. posted:

That's someone's fan cover, probably for their DVD rips or something like that. Type the UPC and ISBN into Google and it turns up Jurassic Park III.